![]() |
|
|
|
|
#1 |
|
Senior Member
How Do You Identify?:
*** Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: ***
Posts: 4,999
Thanks: 13,409
Thanked 18,276 Times in 4,164 Posts
Rep Power: 21474855 ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
A month from today!!!!
__________________
"No matter how cynical I get, I just can't keep up" - Lily Tomlin |
|
|
|
|
|
#2 |
|
Senior Member
How Do You Identify?:
Mature Femme Preferred Pronoun?:
Her/She Relationship Status:
I heart Rene Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: California
Posts: 3,755
Thanks: 15,427
Thanked 14,917 Times in 3,020 Posts
Rep Power: 21474850 ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
CA has early voting so I will probably walk over to a voting station and submit my mail in ballot next weekend.
Then hold my breath.
__________________
I am very spoiled! What we think about and thank about, we bring about! Today I will treat my body with love and respect.
|
|
|
|
| The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Andrea For This Useful Post: |
|
|
#3 |
|
Senior Member
How Do You Identify?:
Butch Preferred Pronoun?:
Meh... I'm not very particular about this. Relationship Status:
Single Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: The south... bleh!
Posts: 1,744
Thanks: 5,316
Thanked 5,113 Times in 1,504 Posts
Rep Power: 21474848 ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
Yup.
|
|
|
|
| The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Lyte For This Useful Post: |
|
|
#4 |
|
Mentally Delicious
How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme. Relationship Status:
Married to JD. Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 10,446
Thanks: 5,995
Thanked 42,673 Times in 7,831 Posts
Rep Power: 10000026 ![]() |
I went and did early voting today and also signed up for the Vote Van for several days until Election Day.
The Vote Van picks up people around my county and drives them to the polls if they dont have a ride. Folks - If you have any spare resources or time, please consider helping get people to the polls to vote. Especially older folks, People of Color, and poor folks who can't afford public transportation. Uber and Lyft are doing free and reduced rides in several places but they don't cover a lot of rural areas and we have GOT to get people to the polls by every means necessary. VOTE LIKE YOUR LIFE DEPENDS ON IT...because it DOES.
__________________
. . . |
|
|
|
|
|
#5 |
|
Senior Member
How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: My place by the river
Posts: 3,700
Thanks: 7,032
Thanked 14,981 Times in 3,323 Posts
Rep Power: 21474854 ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
I'll be voting and driving folks to vote. I have my work van reserved for the day and have been making sure that everyone who moves into the buildings that I manage has the opportunity to register to vote at their new address.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#6 |
|
Senior Member
How Do You Identify?:
*** Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: ***
Posts: 4,999
Thanks: 13,409
Thanked 18,276 Times in 4,164 Posts
Rep Power: 21474855 ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
Turnout really is everything. I donated. That's all I could do. I hear Gillum is working hard on the ground game, so I believe my money has been well spent.
__________________
"No matter how cynical I get, I just can't keep up" - Lily Tomlin |
|
|
|
| The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Martina For This Useful Post: |
|
|
#7 |
|
Senior Member
How Do You Identify?:
*** Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: ***
Posts: 4,999
Thanks: 13,409
Thanked 18,276 Times in 4,164 Posts
Rep Power: 21474855 ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
So I read that turnout among Republicans in early voting has been very high. I don't know what I'll do if the Dems don't take the House. I am not sure I can guarantee my continued sanity.
__________________
"No matter how cynical I get, I just can't keep up" - Lily Tomlin |
|
|
|
| The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Martina For This Useful Post: |
|
|
#8 |
|
Member
How Do You Identify?:
Femme Relationship Status:
Attached to my wonderful partner <3 Join Date: May 2010
Location: Standing tall beside my sweetie (partner)
Posts: 16,557
Thanks: 29,211
Thanked 33,782 Times in 10,851 Posts
Rep Power: 21474869 ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
The live broadcast on CBS just ended, but what an powerful call to VOTE! So much at stake out in Wisconsin, as is in every single state of the US. *** Bump Bump Bump! **** |
|
|
|
|
|
#9 |
|
Senior Member
How Do You Identify?:
*** Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: ***
Posts: 4,999
Thanks: 13,409
Thanked 18,276 Times in 4,164 Posts
Rep Power: 21474855 ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
I did early in person voting today. I always vote in person and usually on actual election day. It's a ritual or a tradition. I do not trust mail in ballots anyway.
But I got a robocall which mentioned early voting. I googled to find out where and headed out. It felt good to do something after such a horrible hate-filled week. I truly believe Trump's racism gives these people confidence to act.
__________________
"No matter how cynical I get, I just can't keep up" - Lily Tomlin |
|
|
|
|
|
#10 |
|
Member
How Do You Identify?:
Tomboyish eccentric antique femme Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her Relationship Status:
single Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: UK
Posts: 642
Thanks: 2,196
Thanked 2,079 Times in 541 Posts
Rep Power: 19310771 ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
I hope folk in the USA won't mind me posting a link to today's XKCD webcomic, which is relevant: https://xkcd.com/2067/
(For those that aren't aware, the creator of XKCD, Randall Munroe, is an awesomely intelligent person with a great (and eclectic) sense of humour - and a great sense of social responsibility. Because some of his cartoons contain stuff that's obscure, fans created "Explain XKCD" - todays can be found here: https://www.explainxkcd.com/wiki/ind...7:_Challengers) |
|
|
|
| The Following User Says Thank You to Esme nha Maire For This Useful Post: |
|
|
#11 |
|
Member
How Do You Identify?:
Casual Femme Saphiosexual Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her Relationship Status:
Divorced Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Posts: 376
Thanks: 1,676
Thanked 1,268 Times in 330 Posts
Rep Power: 10346604 ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
I love early voting! Walked in, helped right away, voted and out in about 7 minutes.
__________________
"And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom" Anais Nin |
|
|
|
|
|
#12 |
|
Senior Member
How Do You Identify?:
Me Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: *
Posts: 4,184
Thanks: 3,957
Thanked 3,983 Times in 822 Posts
Rep Power: 21474856 ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
Down to the wire and we have been phone banking and canvassing here like crazy. Below is a link that some may find interesting that keeps the poll information up to date. Some of these are neck and neck. Get out and vote!!
https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...aXhVQfpY7aKjtk |
|
|
|
|
|
#13 |
|
Superlative Soul Sister
How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her Relationship Status:
Moving in a single file and sometimes a Sinner. Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Cottage of Content
Posts: 14,093
Thanks: 41,616
Thanked 34,949 Times in 9,098 Posts
Rep Power: 21474863 ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
Need help with voting? Can’t find where to vote? Get answers here:
https://www.nass.org/can-i-vote https://www.nass.org/can-i-vote/find-your-polling-place |
|
|
|
|
|
#14 |
|
Senior Member
How Do You Identify?:
*** Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: ***
Posts: 4,999
Thanks: 13,409
Thanked 18,276 Times in 4,164 Posts
Rep Power: 21474855 ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
Watching CNN. There look to be long lines at some voting places!!
__________________
"No matter how cynical I get, I just can't keep up" - Lily Tomlin |
|
|
|
![]() |
| Thread Tools | |
| Display Modes | |
|
|