Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Politics And Law

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2022, 07:49 AM   #1
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Moving in a single file and sometimes a Sinner.
 
Orema's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Cottage of Content
Posts: 14,085
Thanks: 41,615
Thanked 34,941 Times in 9,094 Posts
Rep Power: 21474863
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
Sen. Susan Collins, a Republican from Maine, said she supported the appointment of a Black woman to the US Supreme Court to fill the vacancy left by the retiring Associate Justice Stephen Breyer.

"I would welcome the appointment of a Black female to the court," she said. "I believe that diversity benefits the Supreme Court, but the way that the president has handled this nomination has been clumsy at best."



Well Susan at least President Biden is a man of his word UNLIKE you! How many terms have you served??????
Yanno, the Senate backed Reagan after he promised to nominate a woman as a Supreme while campaigning. He nominated Sandra Day O'Connor. I think Bush#1 intentionally chose a Black conservative (Justice Thomas) to replace Thurgood Marshall. (I don't have any proof of this, hence the word "think.") I think Clinton chose RBG, in part, because she was a woman and Jewish. Bush#2 nominated Alito, who was not his first choice (Harriet Miers was his first choice), because Alito was more conservative than the person being replaced (O'Connor), but I think he also went with Alito because Alito was Italian and Catholic. Many of these decisions were made, I think, to create a diverse Supreme court. Biden is doing the same.

I have been hoping for the day when we nominate an American Indian as a Supreme (shame on us for never even considering one), but I have no beef with Biden nominating a Black woman. It's a promise he has to keep. Doesn't mean the Senate will make it easy for her, nor is there a guarantee that the person confirmed will be a woman, let alone a Black woman, but his promise was to nominate a Black woman and that's what he's doing.

Deals like the one Biden made with Rep. Clyburn are made all the time, but in secrecy. Biden put it all on the table—personally, I didn't think he had it in him to do this in the open, my bad.

I'm glad Biden is doing this in the daylight. I wish more politicians were open about the promises they make to get into office.
Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 02-01-2022, 11:16 AM   #2
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
.....
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: 30 minute ferry ride from Seattle
Posts: 38,565
Thanks: 20,811
Thanked 33,541 Times in 14,913 Posts
Rep Power: 21474890
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation
Default Collins Prepares to Do Silly Moderate Dance All Over Again...

Maine Senator Susan Collins has a lot of friends. First elected to the Senate in 1996, she developed a reputation as a reasonable, moderate Republican willing to work across the aisle to get things done. These years of niceties and moderation, culminating in her party-breaching vote to convict Donald Trump in his post-Jan. 6 impeachment trial, have turned Collins into one Democrats’ last remaining hopes for making progress in a deadlocked Congress, and a potential saving grace should the Grand Old Party decided to wholeheartedly embrace Trumpism once again.

Or, that’s the narrative that Susan Collins likes to put forward. In reality, she has proved time and time again to be just as craven as the rest, and only interested in moderation or bipartisanship when it serves her agenda.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...130052122.html
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2022, 11:23 AM   #3
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
.....
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: 30 minute ferry ride from Seattle
Posts: 38,565
Thanks: 20,811
Thanked 33,541 Times in 14,913 Posts
Rep Power: 21474890
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation
Default

Ted Cruz says it's 'offensive' and an 'insult' that Biden pledged to nominate a Black woman to the Supreme Court.


Ya know what some might consider "offensive"? A Texas Senator who flew to Cancun, Mexico, amid a weather crisis last year around this time!


https://www.yahoo.com/news/ted-cruz-...220438275.html
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 06:40 AM   #4
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
.....
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: 30 minute ferry ride from Seattle
Posts: 38,565
Thanks: 20,811
Thanked 33,541 Times in 14,913 Posts
Rep Power: 21474890
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation
Default Oh dear .........

Susan Collins Dismayed Supreme Court Justice Misled Her On Abortion.

Sens. Susan Collins (R-Maine) and Lisa Murkowski (R-Alaska) expressed disappointment Tuesday with the leaked Supreme Court draft that would overturn abortion rights ― saying that if it’s true, they were misled by certain justices during their confirmation hearings. “If this leaked draft opinion is the final decision and this reporting is accurate, it would be completely inconsistent with what Justice Gorsuch and Justice Kavanaugh said in their hearings and in our meetings in my office,” Collins said in a statement.

Susan was your head so far up your arse that you didn't hear former member of the Supreme Court, Justice John Paul Stevens say that Judge Brett M. Kavanaugh was not qualified to sit on the court?

Just to refresh your memory:

Justice Stevens said he came to the conclusion reluctantly, changing his mind about Judge Kavanaugh’s nomination after the second round of the judge’s confirmation hearings last week. Judge Kavanaugh’s statements at those hearings, Justice Stevens said, revealed prejudices that would make it impossible for him to do the court’s work, a point he said had been made by prominent commentators.

“They suggest that he has demonstrated a potential bias involving enough potential litigants before the court that he would not be able to perform his full responsibilities,” Justice Stevens said in remarks to retirees in Boca Raton, Fla. “And I think there is merit in that criticism and that the senators should really pay attention to it.”
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 05-04-2022, 07:00 AM   #5
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
.....
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: 30 minute ferry ride from Seattle
Posts: 38,565
Thanks: 20,811
Thanked 33,541 Times in 14,913 Posts
Rep Power: 21474890
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation
Default

Ocasio-Cortez Torches Collins And Murkowski: 'They Don't Get To Play Victim Now'

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) tore into Sens. Susan Collins (R-Maine) and Lisa Murkowski (R-Alaska) on Tuesday after they expressed dismay at the Supreme Court’s leaked draft majority opinion that would overturn landmark abortion rights decisions.

“Murkowski voted for Amy Coney Barrett when Trump himself proclaimed that he was appointing justices specifically to overturn Roe,” Ocasio-Cortez tweeted. “She and Collins betrayed the nation’s reproductive rights when they were singularly capable of stopping the slide. They don’t get to play victim now.”

The senators, who both claim to support abortion rights, provided key support to justices appointed by former President Donald Trump who now appear poised to gut Roe. v. Wade. (Collins voted to confirm Neil Gorsuch in 2017 and Brett Kavanaugh in 2018; Murkowski voted to confirm Gorsuch and Amy Coney Barrett in 2020).
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 05-04-2022, 02:12 PM   #6
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single
 
JDeere's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 17,752
Thanks: 31,018
Thanked 28,831 Times in 9,707 Posts
Rep Power: 21474866
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation
Default

All of this nonsense is done by rich, religious, immoral, individuals of all ethnic backgrounds, to gain more votes!

There is no longer separation of church and state, like it's supposed to be!

If you aren't rich, religious, immoral and are common man, it's obvious now that no parties in the government give 2 craps about any of us! They are doing this for their own egos and for mid terms.

I am so dismayed with this country and government!
__________________
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Albert Einstein
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 05-04-2022, 03:09 PM   #7
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
.....
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: 30 minute ferry ride from Seattle
Posts: 38,565
Thanks: 20,811
Thanked 33,541 Times in 14,913 Posts
Rep Power: 21474890
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation
Default If you've looking to sell that bridge you own......

homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 04:40 AM   #8
cathexis
Senior Member

How Do You Identify?:
Trotskyist, Anarcho-syndicalist
Preferred Pronoun?:
They, Them, Their, Sir Bitch
Relationship Status:
open
 
cathexis's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Great White North!
Posts: 4,332
Thanks: 16,812
Thanked 4,705 Times in 1,604 Posts
Rep Power: 21474851
cathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orema View Post
Yanno, the Senate backed Reagan after he promised to nominate a woman as a Supreme while campaigning. He nominated Sandra Day O'Connor. I think Bush#1 intentionally chose a Black conservative (Justice Thomas) to replace Thurgood Marshall. (I don't have any proof of this, hence the word "think.") I think Clinton chose RBG, in part, because she was a woman and Jewish. Bush#2 nominated Alito, who was not his first choice (Harriet Miers was his first choice), because Alito was more conservative than the person being replaced (O'Connor), but I think he also went with Alito because Alito was Italian and Catholic. Many of these decisions were made, I think, to create a diverse Supreme court. Biden is doing the same.

I have been hoping for the day when we nominate an American Indian as a Supreme (shame on us for never even considering one), but I have no beef with Biden nominating a Black woman. It's a promise he has to keep. Doesn't mean the Senate will make it easy for her, nor is there a guarantee that the person confirmed will be a woman, let alone a Black woman, but his promise was to nominate a Black woman and that's what he's doing.

Deals like the one Biden made with Rep. Clyburn are made all the time, but in secrecy. Biden put it all on the table—personally, I didn't think he had it in him to do this in the open, my bad.

I'm glad Biden is doing this in the daylight. I wish more politicians were open about the promises they make to get into office.
Orema, perhaps you would answer a question that has been burning in my soul since Justice Clarence Thomas was confirmed and have been too embarrassed until now to ask.

Here goes. Justice Thomas is one of the most conservative justices serving on the SCOTUS. How can someone who is of color (any BIPOC) align with conservative right-wingers given what the BIPOC community has endured from slavery or the Indigenous atrocities to the racism and Jim Crow seemingly resurging? I truly don't understand ignoring one's people's history. As a Jew, I have difficulty dealing with anti-Semitic people and choose not to associate with groups who have members of that ilk. As a Socialist, I choose not to deal with any right-wing ideologues. I steer clear of both of the above-mentioned groups feeling very uncomfortable in their presence.
__________________
Insurrection is an art, and like all arts has its own laws. -----Leon Trotsky
cathexis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 06:57 AM   #9
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Moving in a single file and sometimes a Sinner.
 
Orema's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Cottage of Content
Posts: 14,085
Thanks: 41,615
Thanked 34,941 Times in 9,094 Posts
Rep Power: 21474863
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathexis View Post
Orema, perhaps you would answer a question that has been burning in my soul since Justice Clarence Thomas was confirmed and have been too embarrassed until now to ask.

Here goes. Justice Thomas is one of the most conservative justices serving on the SCOTUS. How can someone who is of color (any BIPOC) align with conservative right-wingers given what the BIPOC community has endured from slavery or the Indigenous atrocities to the racism and Jim Crow seemingly resurging? I truly don't understand ignoring one's people's history. As a Jew, I have difficulty dealing with anti-Semitic people and choose not to associate with groups who have members of that ilk. As a Socialist, I choose not to deal with any right-wing ideologues. I steer clear of both of the above-mentioned groups feeling very uncomfortable in their presence.
WTF? You'll need to get this lesson from another.

Don't ask me to explain or help you understand shit like this. I'm not here for that.

I'm in pain. I wake up each morning to another horrible story about Black people being tackled, shot at, or killed and the last thing I want to do is explain shit like this.
Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2022, 12:00 AM   #10
cathexis
Senior Member

How Do You Identify?:
Trotskyist, Anarcho-syndicalist
Preferred Pronoun?:
They, Them, Their, Sir Bitch
Relationship Status:
open
 
cathexis's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Great White North!
Posts: 4,332
Thanks: 16,812
Thanked 4,705 Times in 1,604 Posts
Rep Power: 21474851
cathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orema View Post
WTF? You'll need to get this lesson from another.

Don't ask me to explain or help you understand shit like this. I'm not here for that.

I'm in pain. I wake up each morning to another horrible story about Black people being tackled, shot at, or killed and the last thing I want to do is explain shit like this.
Sorry for hitting a raw nerve. I understand your pain. The Jewish Community, of which I belong. has had more than its share of pain. Why the "WTF" response, thought I approached the issue with due sensitivity and respect? As Jews, we (the Jewish Community)are also experiencing hate. Jews have been the object of hate since the Middle Ages. When hate is rampant in a community, anti-Semitism is also present. We have been blamed for everything from "blood libel" to current-era pedophilia.

We've had Orthodox school children run over upon exiting school buses and Rabbis killed in their homes while saying Kaddish (mourner's prayers (said daily for a year after family members with a minion of 12), Synagogues shot up killing worshippers, spat on, hit, yelled at, and I'm sure that's not the full extent of it. Who did the Nazis chant about at Charlottesville? It wasn't "you will not replace us." It was "Jews will not replace us!" All less than80 years from the Holocaust where 6,000,000 Jew lost their lives at the hand of Fascists like those white supremacists today who are indeed Fascists.

My community is suffering as is yours. Please do NOT treat me like some "woke" white person as that doesn't apply here.

Sorry, I brought this line of questioning to BFP. Guess I'll go to one of my other sites to ask this and risk rebuff and rejection there. Orema, I actually thought you would not give this response to my carefully and sensitively worded question or I would not have picked that scab.
__________________
Insurrection is an art, and like all arts has its own laws. -----Leon Trotsky
cathexis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2022, 05:56 AM   #11
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Moving in a single file and sometimes a Sinner.
 
Orema's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Cottage of Content
Posts: 14,085
Thanks: 41,615
Thanked 34,941 Times in 9,094 Posts
Rep Power: 21474863
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathexis View Post
Sorry for hitting a raw nerve. I understand your pain. The Jewish Community, of which I belong. has had more than its share of pain. Why the "WTF" response, thought I approached the issue with due sensitivity and respect? As Jews, we (the Jewish Community)are also experiencing hate. Jews have been the object of hate since the Middle Ages. When hate is rampant in a community, anti-Semitism is also present. We have been blamed for everything from "blood libel" to current-era pedophilia.

We've had Orthodox school children run over upon exiting school buses and Rabbis killed in their homes while saying Kaddish (mourner's prayers (said daily for a year after family members with a minion of 12), Synagogues shot up killing worshippers, spat on, hit, yelled at, and I'm sure that's not the full extent of it. Who did the Nazis chant about at Charlottesville? It wasn't "you will not replace us." It was "Jews will not replace us!" All less than80 years from the Holocaust where 6,000,000 Jew lost their lives at the hand of Fascists like those white supremacists today who are indeed Fascists.

My community is suffering as is yours. Please do NOT treat me like some "woke" white person as that doesn't apply here.

Sorry, I brought this line of questioning to BFP. Guess I'll go to one of my other sites to ask this and risk rebuff and rejection there. Orema, I actually thought you would not give this response to my carefully and sensitively worded question or I would not have picked that scab.
But you didn't bring your question to BFP, you brought them to me, specifically, and I suspect (and expect) you already know the answer based on your education and experience.

I'm not sure why you were initially embarrassed to ask the question but I would follow that lead when wanting to ask BIPOC or LGBTQ+ people (or almost anyone else) to explain their outliers.
Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2022, 05:02 PM   #12
cathexis
Senior Member

How Do You Identify?:
Trotskyist, Anarcho-syndicalist
Preferred Pronoun?:
They, Them, Their, Sir Bitch
Relationship Status:
open
 
cathexis's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Great White North!
Posts: 4,332
Thanks: 16,812
Thanked 4,705 Times in 1,604 Posts
Rep Power: 21474851
cathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orema View Post
But you didn't bring your question to BFP, you brought them to me, specifically, and I suspect (and expect) you already know the answer based on your education and experience.

I'm not sure why you were initially embarrassed to ask the question but I would follow that lead when wanting to ask BIPOC or LGBTQ+ people (or almost anyone else) to explain their outliers.
It is not my intention to engage in a personal attack. Thought we had a better online friendship than most of the interactions I have here. All of my personal interactions have been online (except with my partner) for the past several years mostly due to the hate and disgust shown to transgender people and Jews in my area.

These are my personal issues, not a justification but perhaps an explanation for why I asked you. I realize that many people on this site dislike me, not sure why. No one has told me. Yes, I am educated but also obtuse at times. Perhaps, much of this is related to why I chose to ask you.

The embarrassment about asking anyone my question is more related to strained social interactions than the question itself, but again my issue.
__________________
Insurrection is an art, and like all arts has its own laws. -----Leon Trotsky
cathexis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2022, 05:28 PM   #13
BullDog
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Dominant Stone Butch Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: In A Healing Place
Posts: 5,371
Thanks: 18,160
Thanked 22,634 Times in 4,461 Posts
Rep Power: 21474857
BullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST Reputation
Default

White people are never asked to be a spokesperson for white people to explain someone’s violent, bizarre or idiotic behavior or beliefs. Why did that white person do that, white person?

I have no clue why bat shit crazy Ginny Thomas is such a traitor to our country or why she supports a racist white nationalist party when she is married to a black man. I couldn’t tell you and no one expects me as a random white person to have the answers.
__________________
Love consists in this, that two solitudes protect and touch and greet each other.

- Rainer Maria Rilke
BullDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BullDog For This Useful Post:
Old 05-29-2022, 08:54 AM   #14
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Moving in a single file and sometimes a Sinner.
 
Orema's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Cottage of Content
Posts: 14,085
Thanks: 41,615
Thanked 34,941 Times in 9,094 Posts
Rep Power: 21474863
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullDog View Post
White people are never asked to be a spokesperson for white people to explain someone’s violent, bizarre or idiotic behavior or beliefs. Why did that white person do that, white person?

I have no clue why bat shit crazy Ginny Thomas is such a traitor to our country or why she supports a racist white nationalist party when she is married to a black man. I couldn’t tell you and no one expects me as a random white person to have the answers.
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathexis View Post
It is not my intention to engage in a personal attack. Thought we had a better online friendship than most of the interactions I have here. All of my personal interactions have been online (except with my partner) for the past several years mostly due to the hate and disgust shown to transgender people and Jews in my area.

These are my personal issues, not a justification but perhaps an explanation for why I asked you. I realize that many people on this site dislike me, not sure why. No one has told me. Yes, I am educated but also obtuse at times. Perhaps, much of this is related to why I chose to ask you.

The embarrassment about asking anyone my question is more related to strained social interactions than the question itself, but again my issue.
cathexis,

Bulldog explained it correctly.

l lashed out at you because of your inappropriate expectation of me and not for any other reasons.

Everything I mentioned (my pain, your education, etc) was not to challenge you in those areas, but to give you context on why I wasn't answering your question.

Last edited by Orema; 05-29-2022 at 09:08 AM.
Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2022, 07:37 PM   #15
Semantics
Senior Member

How Do You Identify?:
malapropist
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: New England
Posts: 2,169
Thanks: 6,367
Thanked 3,960 Times in 1,201 Posts
Rep Power: 21474855
Semantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST Reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathexis View Post
Sorry for hitting a raw nerve. I understand your pain. The Jewish Community, of which I belong. has had more than its share of pain. Why the "WTF" response, thought I approached the issue with due sensitivity and respect? As Jews, we (the Jewish Community)are also experiencing hate. Jews have been the object of hate since the Middle Ages. When hate is rampant in a community, anti-Semitism is also present. We have been blamed for everything from "blood libel" to current-era pedophilia.

We've had Orthodox school children run over upon exiting school buses and Rabbis killed in their homes while saying Kaddish (mourner's prayers (said daily for a year after family members with a minion of 12), Synagogues shot up killing worshippers, spat on, hit, yelled at, and I'm sure that's not the full extent of it. Who did the Nazis chant about at Charlottesville? It wasn't "you will not replace us." It was "Jews will not replace us!" All less than80 years from the Holocaust where 6,000,000 Jew lost their lives at the hand of Fascists like those white supremacists today who are indeed Fascists.

My community is suffering as is yours. Please do NOT treat me like some "woke" white person as that doesn't apply here.

Sorry, I brought this line of questioning to BFP. Guess I'll go to one of my other sites to ask this and risk rebuff and rejection there. Orema, I actually thought you would not give this response to my carefully and sensitively worded question or I would not have picked that scab.


As a jew living in an increasingly fascist, right-wing state, sometimes I worry I'll eventually end up in a cattle car. Still, I'm white. I can walk through a department store without being followed by security, and I can take a drive in my car without worrying much about being pulled over and murdered by police. I get really irritated when white jews (and yeah, I know some jews don't claim to be white, and some aren't white, but most jews are white passing) compare their experiences to what POC go through.

You asked Orema to provide you with emotional labor and education, and POC are exhausted by that. Racial trauma is real.

Your response was lousy with white fragility. I hope you can work on that instead of being so defensive. The best that most white people can hope to be are "recovering racists" and it's a lifetime of work.
Semantics is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Semantics For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2022, 11:29 PM   #16
cathexis
Senior Member

How Do You Identify?:
Trotskyist, Anarcho-syndicalist
Preferred Pronoun?:
They, Them, Their, Sir Bitch
Relationship Status:
open
 
cathexis's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Great White North!
Posts: 4,332
Thanks: 16,812
Thanked 4,705 Times in 1,604 Posts
Rep Power: 21474851
cathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cin View Post
It seems as though you really cannot understand what it was you did that was so triggering and so you continue to double and triple down on it. It is very alarming. It feels like it's just something that you can't see, like the air that you breathe for example. And there is nothing that has happened thus far in these interactions that would give me hope that it will become clear to you if it is just explained once more. But for reasons that are unclear to me, I still believe, despite years of evidence to the contrary garnered during many discussion about many issues in which I have failed miserably to explain successfully to another person reasons for which they should change their point of view on a particular subject, that perhaps this time it will be different. So I am compelled to try.

The issue is very simple. One should not ask a person to explain why others who are the same race, religion, gender or whatever do the things they do. Nobody should be made to feel responsible for explaining the actions of others of their group. Why would a person of color have a better answer for you regarding the behavior and choices of other POC? And more importantly why would it be their job to explain it to you? A white person is not expected to answer for all white people. Perhaps that is a good rule of thumb ... before you ask a person to answer for others, think about if you would seek out the only white person in the room and ask them to explain, oh, I don't know, for example maybe, why some white people cannot recognize their white privilege. Or why some white people confuse white privilege with other issues for which the white person might be oppressed. For example, you can be a privileged white person and be socio-economically oppressed. Apples and oranges. And understanding your white privilege does not negate your disadvantages in other areas. So it is always best not to try and compare them.

Also, white privilege is something that you cannot refuse as a white person. It is given to you and it is not earned and cannot be declined, all youcan do is recognize it and drag it out into the light at all opportunities. That and not ask a person of color to explain the motivations of other persons of color. Your posts thus far have given the impression that you don't agree and feel there is no harm in asking a person of color to explain the actions of another person of color as though they are all the same and understand each other's motivations perfectly and/or want to expend the energy to explain it to a white person. Also you seem to understand and allow for your response to what you perceive as anger or attacks, but can't seem to be capable of imagining how it makes Orema feel when you ask her questions like that. How it might bring up all kinds of crap for her. And how frustrating it might be to always have to be prepared for the unfeeling and insensitive interactions that can trigger all sorts of unsolicited, unwelcome and complicated emotions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Semantics View Post
As a jew living in an increasingly fascist, right-wing state, sometimes I worry I'll eventually end up in a cattle car. Still, I'm white. I can walk through a department store without being followed by security, and I can take a drive in my car without worrying much about being pulled over and murdered by police. I get really irritated when white jews (and yeah, I know some jews don't claim to be white, and some aren't white, but most jews are white passing) compare their experiences to what POC go through.

You asked Orema to provide you with emotional labor and education, and POC are exhausted by that. Racial trauma is real.

Your response was lousy with white fragility. I hope you can work on that instead of being so defensive. The best that most white people can hope to be are "recovering racists" and it's a lifetime of work.
No more, no f*cking more, it's over and done. Perhaps as a person with Aspberger's, I fail in my communication skills. Neither of you seems to have read through the entire dialogue, and I think you read the Cliff Notes version. Believe that I have made an apology to Orema.

Genuinely sorry I even checked back to read any response. Yes, I acknowledge my white privilege. Next time, I will not engage a POC in a discussion regarding their opinion of ANY other person's action online here and not anywhere in person even as others ask me to explain people's actions. This pushes me further into the cave of my mind. I had been making strides in outside communication.

Thanks all for jumping me swiftly during progress so to make the retreat a bit easier.
__________________
Insurrection is an art, and like all arts has its own laws. -----Leon Trotsky
cathexis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2022, 07:56 PM   #17
kittygrrl
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
witchy
Preferred Pronoun?:
'Je ne sais quoi'
Relationship Status:
Til you believe
 
kittygrrl's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: waking dream
Posts: 10,226
Thanks: 21,808
Thanked 22,207 Times in 7,270 Posts
Rep Power: 21474863
kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation
Default

I think we should all calm down and learn from each other...if a person is mistaken or you don't agree maybe we could discreetly ask for clarification instead of assuming we know more or better or anything..i know there are those here who would say (and they would be dead right)..."that's rich coming from you as you were always quick to jump in when you didn't agree or thought someone's opinion very wrong" well i've learned and been humbled(& grateful for it) and realized i need to sit quietly sometimes and think before i rage...Let's be kind & realize we all need to be heard, & we are always learning something from each other hopefully, for the better, til our end...i hope we can all learn (from each other) from our own mis-steps. Perfection in thought ..is there such thing? No, at least I haven't found it. We are all on a journey together. Thank you all for your contributions to this thread...I have learned to treasure all your words.
__________________
"Extinction is the rule. Survival is the exception Carl Sagan
kittygrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:41 PM.


ButchFemmePlanet.com
All information copyright of BFP 2018