Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > GENDER AND IDENTITY > General Gender Discussions

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2010, 03:36 PM   #1
JakeTulane
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Mr. Prickly Porcupine
Preferred Pronoun?:
Butch - Hy, Hym, Hys
Relationship Status:
She has softened My quills
 

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Permanently Banned 8/8/2011
Posts: 4,880
Thanks: 6,221
Thanked 5,264 Times in 2,732 Posts
Rep Power: 0
JakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST Reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by waxnrope View Post
Thinking, Jake, and as I recollect, I have never heard the word faggot used as an endearment ... fag, sometimes, yes.

I refer to myself (as do some of my friends) as a "faggy" butch ... it is meant as an acknowledgment that I share some stereotypical behaviors and ways of being as my gay brothers. These are good things, by the way. So, I don't mind that, nor do my gay male friends, as they, too, call me this at times. But, faggot, no. Never in my recollection have heard it in anyway except derogatorily.
Thank you wax. Odd that if we drop off 3 letters.. it is "seen" differently, or felt, or heard.
JakeTulane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 03:40 PM   #2
SuperFemme
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanently Banned 10/24/2010
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Married (one of 18,000)
 
4 Highscores

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Atascadero, CA
Posts: 4,933
Thanks: 2,309
Thanked 7,108 Times in 2,327 Posts
Rep Power: 0
SuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeTulane View Post
Thank you wax. Odd that if we drop off 3 letters.. it is "seen" differently, or felt, or heard.
Ohhh.

GOOD point.

Fag vs. Faggot

I think the latter is used in a more vicious manner.
SuperFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SuperFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 06-13-2010, 03:49 PM   #3
betenoire
Senior Member

How Do You Identify?:
Satan in a Sunday Hat
Preferred Pronoun?:
Maow
Relationship Status:
Married
 
betenoire's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: The Chemical Valley
Posts: 4,086
Thanks: 3,312
Thanked 8,740 Times in 2,566 Posts
Rep Power: 21474857
betenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputation
Default

I really think that the relationships between people is a HUGE deciding factor in what is okay and what is not okay. When you reach a certain level of familiarity with someone boundaries shift.

Take for example, my friend Bob. I love Bob. We've been friends for, well, for nearly forever. Bob calls me names all the time, her favourite being "twat". I'm sure she's done it at least once in these here forums.

I am okay with Bob calling me a twat, because Bob is my friend and she loves me and I know that Bob has absolutely no malicious will when it comes to me. I call her all sorts of things, too. (My personal favourite is anal fissure.) It's all good. It's part of our shtick.

But if someone who I did not have that kind of relationship with were to call me a twat - I would probably break their nose.
__________________
bête noire \bet-NWAHR\, noun: One that is particularly disliked or that is to be avoided.
betenoire is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to betenoire For This Useful Post:
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:59 PM.


ButchFemmePlanet.com
All information copyright of BFP 2018