Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Politics And Law

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2010, 11:34 AM   #1
FeminineAllure
Member

How Do You Identify?:
Female
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
My rainbow is way overdue
 
FeminineAllure's Avatar
 
7 Highscores

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: PA
Posts: 1,145
Thanks: 1,659
Thanked 2,026 Times in 555 Posts
Rep Power: 21474854
FeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeminineAllure View Post
I am so tired that I must respond to all of your interpretations regarding
this threads topic when I find more time.
I will say you seem to be generalizing many groups of different peoples.
And of course being Bipolar The words "nut-jobs" and "nut-bags" jumped right off your post at me since I abhor those words.
Do you feel you are living and acting as a Christian? Or a "fear and hate" monger yourself in this post?

"be open minded..there are other points of view just as valid as yours, perhaps (if you humble yourself) more so." I look forward to your open mindedness when I post.
I find it interesting that you assume I am overtly triggered by certain words yet you seem triggered by your own words thinking it was I that was using them when they were quoted from your own posts.

"Do you feel you are living and acting as a Christian? Or a "fear and hate" monger yourself in this post?

"be open minded..there are other points of view just as valid as yours, perhaps (if you humble yourself) more so." I look forward to your open mindedness when I post."

The above is your own thoughts I quoted in my last post.

And no, I do not think IMO that a Proposed Mosque Near Ground Zero is appropriate. And I try not to be a hypocrite and live my life like a Christian.
__________________
Remember anyone can love you when the sun is shining...In the storm is where you learn who truly cares for you
FeminineAllure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 12:15 PM   #2
FeminineAllure
Member

How Do You Identify?:
Female
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
My rainbow is way overdue
 
FeminineAllure's Avatar
 
7 Highscores

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: PA
Posts: 1,145
Thanks: 1,659
Thanked 2,026 Times in 555 Posts
Rep Power: 21474854
FeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default

I think it would be nice to have a space for all beliefs and religions to come together to spend time. A tribute to all faiths of those who were killed as well as their family members. It would bring people together rather than seperate them.
__________________
Remember anyone can love you when the sun is shining...In the storm is where you learn who truly cares for you
FeminineAllure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 12:26 PM   #3
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky, Raw, Perverted, Uber Queer Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:
Keeper of 3, only one has the map to my freckles
 
The_Lady_Snow's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: ** La Reina del Sur**
Posts: 22,488
Thanks: 32,231
Thanked 80,079 Times in 15,669 Posts
Rep Power: 21474875
The_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST Reputation
Question

So where can Muslims go that is gonna be OK for all Christian folks?

I mean come on FA why can't this Community Center be built near Ground Zero?

Would it be better had it been a Christian church? Why can't the citizens MUSLIM citizens of New York have a place to go, I am confused can you explain why you think this is not ok?

Thanks in advance
__________________
"If you’re going to play these dirty games of ours, then you might as well indulge completely. It’s all about turning back into an animal and that’s the beauty of it. Place your guilt on the sidewalk and take a blow torch to it (guilt is usually worthless anyway). Be perverted, be filthy, do things that mannered people shouldn’t do. If you’re going to be gross then go for it and don’t wimp out."---Master Aiden


The_Lady_Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 12:44 PM   #4
FeminineAllure
Member

How Do You Identify?:
Female
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
My rainbow is way overdue
 
FeminineAllure's Avatar
 
7 Highscores

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: PA
Posts: 1,145
Thanks: 1,659
Thanked 2,026 Times in 555 Posts
Rep Power: 21474854
FeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Lady_Snow View Post
So where can Muslims go that is gonna be OK for all Christian folks?

I mean come on FA why can't this Community Center be built near Ground Zero?

Would it be better had it been a Christian church? Why can't the citizens MUSLIM citizens of New York have a place to go, I am confused can you explain why you think this is not ok?

Thanks in advance
I did not state that Muslims can't build their community center near Ground Zero. Or that the space would be better if it was a Christian church. I never said it was not ok. In my opinion I stated I felt that space would be *better used as a place for *all faiths and religions* to be able to go to* pay tribute being so close to Ground Zero. And if it was a Christian space available or any other religion I would feel the same way.
I hold nothing personal against Musilims or any other religion Lady Snow. Or do I think any religion is better than any other one.
I hope I clarified my thoughts better this time.
__________________
Remember anyone can love you when the sun is shining...In the storm is where you learn who truly cares for you
FeminineAllure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 12:51 PM   #5
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky, Raw, Perverted, Uber Queer Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:
Keeper of 3, only one has the map to my freckles
 
The_Lady_Snow's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: ** La Reina del Sur**
Posts: 22,488
Thanks: 32,231
Thanked 80,079 Times in 15,669 Posts
Rep Power: 21474875
The_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST Reputation
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeminineAllure View Post
I did not state that Muslims can't build their community center near Ground Zero. Or that the space would be better if it was a Christian church. I never said it was not ok. In my opinion I stated I felt that space would be *better used as a place for *all faiths and religions* to be able to go to* pay tribute being so close to Ground Zero. And if it was a Christian space available or any other religion I would feel the same way.
I hold nothing personal against Musilims or any other religion Lady Snow. Or do I think any religion is better than any other one.
I hope I clarified my thoughts better this time.

Why though?

Why can't Muslim's have this place to go to? Why can't there be a Community Center built so close?

What is your reasoning?

Truly curious, thanks in advance
__________________
"If you’re going to play these dirty games of ours, then you might as well indulge completely. It’s all about turning back into an animal and that’s the beauty of it. Place your guilt on the sidewalk and take a blow torch to it (guilt is usually worthless anyway). Be perverted, be filthy, do things that mannered people shouldn’t do. If you’re going to be gross then go for it and don’t wimp out."---Master Aiden


The_Lady_Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post:
Old 09-05-2010, 01:00 PM   #6
FeminineAllure
Member

How Do You Identify?:
Female
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
My rainbow is way overdue
 
FeminineAllure's Avatar
 
7 Highscores

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: PA
Posts: 1,145
Thanks: 1,659
Thanked 2,026 Times in 555 Posts
Rep Power: 21474854
FeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Lady_Snow View Post
Why though?

Why can't Muslim's have this place to go to? Why can't there be a Community Center built so close?

What is your reasoning?

Truly curious, thanks in advance
As I stated to Toughy. I chose a poor word choice. I surely am not the only one on this site to do that. I own up to my mistakes. That is the best I can do.
I feel any religion that has access to building a community center and a prayer room so close to Ground Zero would be really compassionate to share that space with other faiths.
Unless a strip joint or liquor store would be willing to sell their business to offer a space nearby as well. Which is not going to happen.
__________________
Remember anyone can love you when the sun is shining...In the storm is where you learn who truly cares for you
FeminineAllure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 01:09 PM   #7
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky, Raw, Perverted, Uber Queer Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:
Keeper of 3, only one has the map to my freckles
 
The_Lady_Snow's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: ** La Reina del Sur**
Posts: 22,488
Thanks: 32,231
Thanked 80,079 Times in 15,669 Posts
Rep Power: 21474875
The_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST Reputation
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeminineAllure View Post
As I stated to Toughy. I chose a poor word choice. I surely am not the only one on this site to do that. I own up to my mistakes. That is the best I can do.
I feel any religion that has access to building a community center and a prayer room so close to Ground Zero would be really compassionate to share that space with other faiths.
Unless a strip joint or liquor store would be willing to sell their business to offer a space nearby as well. Which is not going to happen.

Why is it so scary for Muslims to build a community center? Why is it disrespecful?

Why is it wrong for Muslims to build a community center so close to Ground Zero?

You do realize many Muslims were killed during that attack. I don't understand why it's not ok ?

Who is it going to hurt? scare? Insult?
__________________
"If you’re going to play these dirty games of ours, then you might as well indulge completely. It’s all about turning back into an animal and that’s the beauty of it. Place your guilt on the sidewalk and take a blow torch to it (guilt is usually worthless anyway). Be perverted, be filthy, do things that mannered people shouldn’t do. If you’re going to be gross then go for it and don’t wimp out."---Master Aiden


The_Lady_Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 12:27 PM   #8
Rook
Senior Member

How Do You Identify?:
A.G - Stone Butch - GenderFuck
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hym, Hyz...or, just b respectable, it's not that hard..
 
Rook's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Columbus
Posts: 2,280
Thanks: 2,227
Thanked 3,183 Times in 1,287 Posts
Rep Power: 21474855
Rook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST Reputation
Default

I found this to be Very true, and thought provoking...

Quote:
Two blocks is enough to generate controversy. But then it occurred to me: that's in Manhattan, which is a terrifically diverse place, both ethnically and religiously. It has large populations of Catholics, Protestants, Jews, Sikhs and "people of the Muslim faith" as Some call them (I am going to go ahead and just call them Muslims.) So as to why someone might want to build a mosque down there, well, there's probably a need.

But then I started thinking: If the WTC "sacred ground" extends for a few blocks from the actual site, what else might be down there to offend the sensibilities of, say, Sarah Palin and Glenn Beck? For instance, there's a Ground Zero Hookah bar. A Ground Zero Irish pub. A Ground Zero strip club called "New York Dolls" (Not that I knew that; I looked it up on Google Maps. Swear to god.)

There are Ground Zero hot-dog carts, Ground Zero Starbucks (how could there not be?), Ground Zero cigarette stores, and even a Ground Zero shop called "Carrot Top Pastries," which I assume isn't endorsed by THAT Carrot Top, or that would be an abomination. An abomination against good taste.

All this, just blocks from Ground Zero. Now, if you are actually AT Ground Zero, you find a Ground Zero pawn shop, A Ground Zero Chinese restaurant called Hoyip, the Ground Zero hair dresser and a Ground Zero Burger King.

All of them cutting hair, pawning jewelry and clogging American arteries without a hint of controversy.

So let me suggest two reasons why we would not have a national referendum on the mosque (actually a community center).. The first is the oft-referenced freedom of religion, and that's a pretty good reason. The second is property rights: people have the right to, more or less, do whatever they want with the property they own, as long as it is within the law (which appears to be true of the mosque).

The idea that I would have a vote on a private party doing what they have the right to do strikes me as inherently un-American.
What if we all had a vote on guns? Not on the right of gun ownership, but on which individuals could own guns.
Believe me, I know a few gun owners who, if I only had the vote...
And of course I don't, because that would be ridiculous. You know what else is ridiculous? The controversy surrounding the Ground Zero mosque. Those opposed to the mosque frame the argument in terms of respecting the sensibilities of the victims' families, and to the hallowed ground that still to this day is an undeveloped plot of land (if you're looking for a real controversy).
But let us stop pretending and call this "controversy" what it is: a xenophobic, bigoted attack on the religion of over a billion people, 37,000 of whom live in Manhattan: those "of the Muslim faith."


Thomas Strodtbeck
Liverpool, United Kingdom
(Formerly of Athens)
__________________
Rook is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rook For This Useful Post:
Old 09-05-2010, 12:41 PM   #9
Toughy
Senior Member

How Do You Identify?:
pervert butch feminist woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
see above
Relationship Status:
independent entity
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Oakland
Posts: 1,826
Thanks: 4,068
Thanked 7,654 Times in 1,523 Posts
Rep Power: 21474854
Toughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST Reputation
Default

FA......

It is NOT a Mosque. It is a Community Center that also has a prayer room. It's called the Cordoba House.

How is that inappropriate, considering the number of strip joints and liquor stores that are closer to that 'sacred ground'?

Does that change your opinion?
__________________
We are everywhere
We are different
I do not care if resistance is futile
I will not assimilate



Toughy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Toughy For This Useful Post:
Old 09-05-2010, 12:51 PM   #10
FeminineAllure
Member

How Do You Identify?:
Female
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
My rainbow is way overdue
 
FeminineAllure's Avatar
 
7 Highscores

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: PA
Posts: 1,145
Thanks: 1,659
Thanked 2,026 Times in 555 Posts
Rep Power: 21474854
FeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toughy View Post
FA......

It is NOT a Mosque. It is a Community Center that also has a prayer room. It's called the Cordoba House.

How is that inappropriate, considering the number of strip joints and liquor stores that are closer to that 'sacred ground'?

Does that change your opinion?
I admit that *Inappropriate* is a poor word choice.
I still belive it would be nice to have an all faiths space to go to pay tribute and remember lost loved ones of who were of many different faiths.
__________________
Remember anyone can love you when the sun is shining...In the storm is where you learn who truly cares for you
FeminineAllure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 12:53 PM   #11
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky, Raw, Perverted, Uber Queer Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:
Keeper of 3, only one has the map to my freckles
 
The_Lady_Snow's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: ** La Reina del Sur**
Posts: 22,488
Thanks: 32,231
Thanked 80,079 Times in 15,669 Posts
Rep Power: 21474875
The_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST Reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeminineAllure View Post
I admit that *Inappropriate* is a poor word choice.
I still belive it would be nice to have an all faiths space to go to pay tribute and remember lost loved ones of who were of many different faiths.
Do you feel the Community Center is being built as some kind of tribute ?

I am confused by this as well, thanks in advance
__________________
"If you’re going to play these dirty games of ours, then you might as well indulge completely. It’s all about turning back into an animal and that’s the beauty of it. Place your guilt on the sidewalk and take a blow torch to it (guilt is usually worthless anyway). Be perverted, be filthy, do things that mannered people shouldn’t do. If you’re going to be gross then go for it and don’t wimp out."---Master Aiden


The_Lady_Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post:
Old 09-06-2010, 12:24 AM   #12
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: CA & AZ I'm a Snowbird
Posts: 5,408
Thanks: 11,826
Thanked 10,827 Times in 3,199 Posts
Rep Power: 21474858
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default

[QUOTE=Toughy;186210]FA......

It is NOT a Mosque. It is a Community Center that also has a prayer room. It's called the Cordoba House.


[QUOTE]

I KNOW! It is making me crazy that it keeps being called a mosque! Isn't it interesting, that each and every Muslim spokesperson on the media coverage going on, refers to it as a community center with a prayer room. But, non-Muslims keep calling it a mosque. I actually think the media has fed this whole thing.

I had friends in the towers that day, some of which did not make it out as well as co-workers and friends of all of them. I have family and friends in NYC, NJ CT and in PA (all of which i do not get to see often, dammit) that live and work around this area. My 2 remaining friends connected with this group of people in my life that got out do NOT have a problem with this community center being built there at all. Nor do members of my family living there. All of them think it is time heal and that a community center with a Muslim connection may very well help do this. They also feel that the media is heating this up a lot, mainly by continuing to refer to as a mosque and not correcting stories being circulated.

I have no idea how all of the family and friends of those killed that day feel about this or the rest of the City of New York. I don't trust what has been covered about this at this point at all.

What I feel deeply is that if this center's construction is stopped, it will set precident for any Muslim building being proposed all over the US, including mosques and that is just wrong! True Muslims were not responsible for the 9/11 attacks.
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 09-06-2010, 08:02 AM   #13
weatherboi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Owned boy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hey boy!!!
Relationship Status:
counting freckles slowly under Her direction!!!
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: i have 2 sets of geographic coordinates!!!
Posts: 6,097
Thanks: 26,797
Thanked 12,547 Times in 2,992 Posts
Rep Power: 21474859
weatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputation
Default

hey ALH-

i highlighted the part of your post i am speaking to.
here is an interview with a woman whose pregnant daughter was killed in 9/11 that i posted earlier on in the thread.





Quote:
Originally Posted by AtLastHome View Post
I KNOW! It is making me crazy that it keeps being called a mosque! Isn't it interesting, that each and every Muslim spokesperson on the media coverage going on, refers to it as a community center with a prayer room. But, non-Muslims keep calling it a mosque. I actually think the media has fed this whole thing.

I had friends in the towers that day, some of which did not make it out as well as co-workers and friends of all of them. I have family and friends in NYC, NJ CT and in PA (all of which i do not get to see often, dammit) that live and work around this area. My 2 remaining friends connected with this group of people in my life that got out do NOT have a problem with this community center being built there at all. Nor do members of my family living there. All of them think it is time heal and that a community center with a Muslim connection may very well help do this. They also feel that the media is heating this up a lot, mainly by continuing to refer to as a mosque and not correcting stories being circulated.

I have no idea how all of the family and friends of those killed that day feel about this or the rest of the City of New York. I don't trust what has been covered about this at this point at all.

What I feel deeply is that if this center's construction is stopped, it will set precident for any Muslim building being proposed all over the US, including mosques and that is just wrong! True Muslims were not responsible for the 9/11 attacks.
weatherboi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to weatherboi For This Useful Post:
Old 09-07-2010, 12:24 AM   #14
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: CA & AZ I'm a Snowbird
Posts: 5,408
Thanks: 11,826
Thanked 10,827 Times in 3,199 Posts
Rep Power: 21474858
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by weatherboi View Post
hey ALH-

i highlighted the part of your post i am speaking to.
here is an interview with a woman whose pregnant daughter was killed in 9/11 that i posted earlier on in the thread.

Thanks so much for re-posting this. I watch "Keith" often, but missed this one. Thinking that my friend, a survivor might be involved with this group. Would make sense.

I know this is a tough one for so many and I was home only a couple of days from a trip back to NYC when it hit. Just was with these friends and some family, danced at one of the music production at the Towers during lunch hour that used to go there. Frankly, I loved going to those buildings. But, we can't allow the hate-filled bigotry based upon so much misinformation take away some of the things I have hope will be restored to the US, namely our rich immigrant history and the contributions so many have brought here.
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 09-06-2010, 09:16 AM   #15
EnderD_503
Member

How Do You Identify?:
Queer, trans guy, butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male pronouns
Relationship Status:
Relationship
 
EnderD_503's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,329
Thanks: 4,090
Thanked 3,877 Times in 1,023 Posts
Rep Power: 21474854
EnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST Reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtLastHome View Post
But, non-Muslims keep calling it a mosque. I actually think the media has fed this whole thing.
That much should be obvious by now, methinks. If it weren't for the repercussions of the media and American public's ignorance and fear of Islam, this situation would actually be insanely hilarious if only because of people's blatant stupidity.

Muslims: "We're going to build a community centre."
American media/public "Aaaaahhhh Mosque! Terror cell! Aaaaahhh!"
Muslims: "But...it's a community centre..."
American media/public: "How COULD you build a Mosque so close to the 911 site!?"
Muslims: "Umm....community centre?"
American media/public: "The horror of it! How could they build a Mosque! Oh god, the inhumanity!"
Muslims: "But there is already a Mosque some blocks away that has been here since before 911...and we aren't building a Mosque. It's a community centre..."
American media/public: "OH MY GOD A MOSQUE!!!! Terrorists are funding it! How can we let terrorists build a terror mosque so close to the 911 site!"
Muslims:*sigh*

A friend of mine showed me this amusing Daily Show clip. The stupidity of American news networks continues to astound me...

http://www.thecomedynetwork.ca/Displ...9-39b86da82f80
EnderD_503 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to EnderD_503 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-05-2010, 12:53 PM   #16
Toughy
Senior Member

How Do You Identify?:
pervert butch feminist woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
see above
Relationship Status:
independent entity
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Oakland
Posts: 1,826
Thanks: 4,068
Thanked 7,654 Times in 1,523 Posts
Rep Power: 21474854
Toughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST Reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeminineAllure View Post
I think it would be nice to have a space for all beliefs and religions to come together to spend time. A tribute to all faiths of those who were killed as well as their family members. It would bring people together rather than seperate them.
They are building a memorial that will serve this purpose right there ON ground zero. Do you think there needs to be more than one memorial?

Besides what about the atheists that were killed during 9/11?

Continuing to couch 9/11 in religious terms is divisive, not the building of a Islamic Community Center a couple of blocks away. Islam did not fly airplanes into the WTC. A bunch of fundamentalist wahhabist educated terrorists who were all from Saudi Arabia did the deed.
__________________
We are everywhere
We are different
I do not care if resistance is futile
I will not assimilate



Toughy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Toughy For This Useful Post:
Old 09-05-2010, 08:04 PM   #17
paposeco
Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
he,him,sir,dood...
Relationship Status:
ISO my Queen...
 

Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: ..is nice & peaceful.
Posts: 272
Thanks: 286
Thanked 301 Times in 127 Posts
Rep Power: 178138
paposeco Has the BEST Reputationpaposeco Has the BEST Reputationpaposeco Has the BEST Reputationpaposeco Has the BEST Reputationpaposeco Has the BEST Reputationpaposeco Has the BEST Reputationpaposeco Has the BEST Reputationpaposeco Has the BEST Reputationpaposeco Has the BEST Reputationpaposeco Has the BEST Reputationpaposeco Has the BEST Reputation
Lightbulb Oh My Allah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeminineAllure View Post
I find it interesting that you assume I am overtly triggered by certain words yet you seem triggered by your own words thinking it was I that was using them when they were quoted from your own posts.

"Do you feel you are living and acting as a Christian? Or a "fear and hate" monger yourself in this post?

"be open minded..there are other points of view just as valid as yours, perhaps (if you humble yourself) more so." I look forward to your open mindedness when I post."

The above is your own thoughts I quoted in my last post.

And no, I do not think IMO that a Proposed Mosque Near Ground Zero is appropriate. And I try not to be a hypocrite and live my life like a Christian.
Thanks for quoting me correctly.
Those comments, were not directed specifically at you. You seem to have taken it personally. And yes, to me, it does seem that you were a wee bit triggerd by my words, even though they were NOT directed at you. I was speaking in general terms, mostly, but in specific, about the nuts and wackos of this world that use any excuse in the name of God/religion to divide people. Then have the audacity to use 9/11 to further their twisted agenda. Frankly I do not know why you singled me out, as there are other opinions on this post that have more "offensive" language (according to you) than mine. Remember fa...it was not an attack on you, k?
(I thinks it's rather ironic, that generally speaking this post is about Intolerance...lol) ah..never mind. btw..it's not a Mosque, and so what if it was? never mind this one either. I will not respond to any future responses, that you direct to me. I have not the energy nor the time to try to make myself any more clearer. Peace, really. It was only my point of view, nothing more and nothing less. God bless.
paposeco is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to paposeco For This Useful Post:
Old 09-05-2010, 08:12 PM   #18
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky, Raw, Perverted, Uber Queer Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:
Keeper of 3, only one has the map to my freckles
 
The_Lady_Snow's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: ** La Reina del Sur**
Posts: 22,488
Thanks: 32,231
Thanked 80,079 Times in 15,669 Posts
Rep Power: 21474875
The_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST Reputation
Post

Muslim Americans Find Their Voice Amid The Shouts



http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...ryId=129668035

__________________
"If you’re going to play these dirty games of ours, then you might as well indulge completely. It’s all about turning back into an animal and that’s the beauty of it. Place your guilt on the sidewalk and take a blow torch to it (guilt is usually worthless anyway). Be perverted, be filthy, do things that mannered people shouldn’t do. If you’re going to be gross then go for it and don’t wimp out."---Master Aiden


The_Lady_Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post:
Old 09-05-2010, 08:27 PM   #19
Julie
Senior Member

How Do You Identify?:
Angel * Femme * Lesbian * Girl * Woman * Slut * Bitch *
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
No longer a Virgin Bride to Dreamer ~ May 17th, 2014
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 4,674
Thanks: 17,676
Thanked 18,160 Times in 3,633 Posts
Rep Power: 21474857
Julie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Lady_Snow View Post
Muslim Americans Find Their Voice Amid The Shouts


http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...ryId=129668035

Brilliant ~ This was a beautiful and well done video.

My Faith - My Voice was created by independent American Muslims, with the hopes that perhaps giving people the opportunity to visually see them, and hear them, that perhaps this might stop the madness. We need to be so aware right now, that anti-muslim causes are springing up faster than imagined, and not by the expected white supremacist groups, but by mainstream americans (lol that makes me laugh btw), who otherwise would not be associated with such outward hateful propaganda.

Even my mother, who was a civil-rights activist in the 60's and a hippie, is sending me the propaganda - scary shit when it's hitting our own homes.

Fear is DANGEROUS!

http://www.myfaithmyvoice.com
__________________
“Sometimes only one person is missing and the whole world seems depopulated.”
~ Alphonse de Lamartine - 1790-1869


http://i374.photobucket.com/albums/o...ps4d9fb6c0.jpg

I Love You ~ I Love Us
May 17, 2014
Julie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Julie For This Useful Post:
Old 09-05-2010, 09:20 PM   #20
Toughy
Senior Member

How Do You Identify?:
pervert butch feminist woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
see above
Relationship Status:
independent entity
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Oakland
Posts: 1,826
Thanks: 4,068
Thanked 7,654 Times in 1,523 Posts
Rep Power: 21474854
Toughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST Reputation
Default

mmmmm us vs them

This entire conversation is about us vs them. Let's re-frame the conversation. ..sometimes I like irony.......

My sisters and brothers of an Abrahamic sect (Judaism, Christianity, Islam) want to build the Cordoba House, a community center. It will serve all the people of the neighborhood, within an Islamic tradition. It is a couple of blocks from the WTC where Wahhabist terrorists, who were Saudi nationals, flew planes in to buildings. The Cordoba House has nothing to do with 9/11. It is about building an inclusive community in that neighborhood.

Notice I did not say those Islamics want to build a mosque at ground zero. That would be divisive. Notice I talked about community and taking care of each other in that little neighborhood. That is inclusive and changes the dialogue.
__________________
We are everywhere
We are different
I do not care if resistance is futile
I will not assimilate



Toughy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Toughy For This Useful Post:
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:53 PM.


ButchFemmePlanet.com
All information copyright of BFP 2018