Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Breakups, Lessons Learned, Healing

Breakups, Lessons Learned, Healing PLEASE do not use this forum for ugliness or nasty posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2011, 11:16 AM   #1
Arwen
Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14
 
Arwen's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Joyville, NM (aka Land of Enchantment)
Posts: 10,140
Thanks: 13,636
Thanked 28,108 Times in 6,412 Posts
Rep Power: 21474863
Arwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST Reputation
Default

On the topic of letting go or hanging on, there was a post on Oprah.com today.

What do y'all think of this?


http://www.oprah.com/oprahs-lifeclas...to-Let-Go-Of_1
Arwen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Arwen For This Useful Post:
Old 12-02-2011, 11:32 AM   #2
Vlasta
BFP Sentinels

How Do You Identify?:
.................
Preferred Pronoun?:
..............
Relationship Status:
..................
 
Vlasta's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: ...............
Posts: 546
Thanks: 1,353
Thanked 1,001 Times in 286 Posts
Rep Power: 21474853
Vlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST Reputation
Default

I cleaned my house of so called" friends" when I found out all the betrayal . I have very few friends now , but I am more happy . The relationships that I have are sincere not deceptive which I was so naive before to the point I was there for them financially , supportive and just being true friend .

A friends while they are giggling in your face and the same time they stab you in back have no place in my life .

Please go away if your only interest is you , jealousy and deception .
Vlasta is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Vlasta For This Useful Post:
Old 12-02-2011, 12:46 PM   #3
Ciaran
Member

How Do You Identify?:
Altocalciphilic
Preferred Pronoun?:
Papa Smurf
Relationship Status:
Curmudgeonous spinster
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: London (but from Belfast)
Posts: 678
Thanks: 471
Thanked 3,654 Times in 602 Posts
Rep Power: 21474853
Ciaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST Reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arwen View Post
On the topic of letting go or hanging on, there was a post on Oprah.com today.

What do y'all think of this?


http://www.oprah.com/oprahs-lifeclas...to-Let-Go-Of_1
I'm not an Oprah fan but I do strongly agree that there are often very good reasons for hanging on to things or people that may make us uncomfortable or uneasy or that we just don't like.
Ciaran is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ciaran For This Useful Post:
Old 06-30-2012, 11:32 PM   #4
RockOn
Senior Member

How Do You Identify?:
sitting over there ----->>>>> :)
Preferred Pronoun?:
....
Relationship Status:
....
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: ....
Posts: 3,522
Thanks: 9,081
Thanked 10,302 Times in 2,610 Posts
Rep Power: 21474856
RockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST Reputation
Default

Stumbled into here for the first time.

Arwen. I want to tell you "thanks" for the topic.
RockOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2026, 11:23 PM   #5
Kätzchen
Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
Attached to my wonderful partner <3
 

Join Date: May 2010
Location: In a gated community.
Posts: 16,549
Thanks: 29,187
Thanked 33,781 Times in 10,850 Posts
Rep Power: 21474869
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Default Tabula Rasa (cleaning up my life)

I’ve taken steps, over the past few weeks, to put distance between myself and someone I’ve been friends with for over 30years. I can’t justify in my mind the stark difference between the two of us: she and her husband have been part of the community of people who stand by “t——p” and voted both times for that person. She is privy to parts of my private life that I’ve shared with her, but she truly does not understand how SA has largely shaped my life in ways that I still don’t have a vocabulary for.

I’m sad that I’ve spent years of commitment to our friendship. I just can’t justify being associated with her anymore. Her values collide with mine. And more importantly, it’s far better to not enjoy friendship with her anymore. I’ve struggled with being a friend to her when she’s not even a good friend to me. I’m not going to settle for less than I feel I deserve. And I deserve better than what has been given to me all these years we’ve known each other.

At least now, by exercising better choices, I’m giving myself a pat on the back for looking out for me and my mental health.
__________________
“Wild flowers don’t care where they grow,”
— Dolly Parton



“We badly need to raise our boys more like girls,”
— Gloria Steinem.

🌷🌷🌷🌷 🌷🌷🌷🌷
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2026, 11:40 PM   #6
Stone-Butch
Senior Member

How Do You Identify?:
Stonebutch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single
 
Stone-Butch's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,939
Thanks: 13,481
Thanked 9,518 Times in 3,166 Posts
Rep Power: 21474853
Stone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST Reputation
Default Letting go of Friendships.

Betrayal is enough for me to dump a supposed friend. Other than that I do think that time and distance take their toll on about everyone. Friends, especially couples do separate and go different ways so sometimes it is difficult to keep in touch with one and not the other perhaps because of your own partner being friends with them. One of my best friends father died and she gave her whole self to the care of her mother, left the province and does not keep in touch with any of past gay friends, including me. It is hard to really know when you are not in touch for a while that perhaps the person is deceased or disabled and not wanting to be with old friends because of that. It is a shame to lose touch with friends but it happens and before you know it there is no longer any in touch with those you saw or spoke to all the time. Yes time, time moves on.
Stone-Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Stone-Butch For This Useful Post:
Reply

Tags
community, friendship, hula hoop, love, toxic people

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:33 PM.


ButchFemmePlanet.com
All information copyright of BFP 2018