Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2010, 06:05 AM   #1
EthanGaBoy
Junior Member

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
he/him
Relationship Status:
no longer watching and waiting she found me!!
 
EthanGaBoy's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Near ATL Georgia
Posts: 28
Thanks: 59
Thanked 21 Times in 15 Posts
Rep Power: 519
EthanGaBoy Has the BEST ReputationEthanGaBoy Has the BEST ReputationEthanGaBoy Has the BEST ReputationEthanGaBoy Has the BEST ReputationEthanGaBoy Has the BEST ReputationEthanGaBoy Has the BEST ReputationEthanGaBoy Has the BEST ReputationEthanGaBoy Has the BEST ReputationEthanGaBoy Has the BEST ReputationEthanGaBoy Has the BEST ReputationEthanGaBoy Has the BEST Reputation
Default

After I moved back to Ga. from Ohio I never got to fish. While in Ohio if the weather was warm I was on the lake before the sun was up good and stayed there until WELL after dark. I only went home to shower,sleep,and change clothes. When I got back to Ga the places that I grew up fishing were impossible for me to get to with my wheelchair. So for years my rods and reels sat and every once in a while I would take them own and dust them off just to feel them in my hands and bring back those memories of walking to my favoriet spot when I was youinger and then fishing off Jackson St. Peir in Ohio. Recent events brought some friends back into my life who are very supportive and while they recocnize my limitations they push me to do more and step outside the safty zones I have grown comfortable with. For the first time in about 6 years I went fishing at a spot they had found that had a dock a few other spots that were accessable to me. From the first sound of my baited hook hitting the water.... I felt like I was home. I hadn't felt so relaxed in years and have been several more times since fighting the urge to go daily. Next is the desire to be back out on a boat. I'm goin' to rent one before I take on the responcibility of buying one. Hopefully this will happen before the camping trip I'm goin' on in July. I wonder if they will have fishing there.....LOL. Yep I've definatly got the FEVER!
__________________
"Let your boat of life be light, packed with only what you need - a homely home and simple pleasures, one or two friends, worth the name, someone to love and someone to love you, a cat, a dog, and a pipe or two, enough to eat and enough to wear, and a little more than enough to drink; for thirst is a dangerous thing. "
— Jerome K. Jerome

ETHAN
EthanGaBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to EthanGaBoy For This Useful Post:
Old 04-30-2010, 06:20 AM   #2
Sybelle
Member

How Do You Identify?:
see Scota_Parisi
Preferred Pronoun?:
see Scota_Parisi
Relationship Status:
see Scota_Parisi
 
Sybelle's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: see Scota_Parisi
Posts: 264
Thanks: 384
Thanked 290 Times in 140 Posts
Rep Power: 57
Sybelle has a reputation beyond reputeSybelle has a reputation beyond reputeSybelle has a reputation beyond reputeSybelle has a reputation beyond reputeSybelle has a reputation beyond reputeSybelle has a reputation beyond reputeSybelle has a reputation beyond reputeSybelle has a reputation beyond reputeSybelle has a reputation beyond reputeSybelle has a reputation beyond reputeSybelle has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EthanGaBoy View Post
After I moved back to Ga. from Ohio I never got to fish. While in Ohio if the weather was warm I was on the lake before the sun was up good and stayed there until WELL after dark. I only went home to shower,sleep,and change clothes. When I got back to Ga the places that I grew up fishing were impossible for me to get to with my wheelchair. So for years my rods and reels sat and every once in a while I would take them own and dust them off just to feel them in my hands and bring back those memories of walking to my favoriet spot when I was youinger and then fishing off Jackson St. Peir in Ohio. Recent events brought some friends back into my life who are very supportive and while they recocnize my limitations they push me to do more and step outside the safty zones I have grown comfortable with. For the first time in about 6 years I went fishing at a spot they had found that had a dock a few other spots that were accessable to me. From the first sound of my baited hook hitting the water.... I felt like I was home. I hadn't felt so relaxed in years and have been several more times since fighting the urge to go daily. Next is the desire to be back out on a boat. I'm goin' to rent one before I take on the responcibility of buying one. Hopefully this will happen before the camping trip I'm goin' on in July. I wonder if they will have fishing there.....LOL. Yep I've definatly got the FEVER!
Ethan, bet you didn't know I was a bona fide fisherwoman, complete with the chest waders? Trout fishing, high in the mountains here - some of the most serene moments in my life. I can understand missing that.

Wanted to share that a lot of the national and state parks - have public access that often includes docks, etc. Did a search online and found a link that might be of some help for you. Good luck!


http://www.n-georgia.com/ada-access-atlanta.html


__________________
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction." - Albert Einstein
Sybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sybelle For This Useful Post:
Old 05-06-2010, 02:09 PM   #3
EthanGaBoy
Junior Member

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
he/him
Relationship Status:
no longer watching and waiting she found me!!
 
EthanGaBoy's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Near ATL Georgia
Posts: 28
Thanks: 59
Thanked 21 Times in 15 Posts
Rep Power: 519
EthanGaBoy Has the BEST ReputationEthanGaBoy Has the BEST ReputationEthanGaBoy Has the BEST ReputationEthanGaBoy Has the BEST ReputationEthanGaBoy Has the BEST ReputationEthanGaBoy Has the BEST ReputationEthanGaBoy Has the BEST ReputationEthanGaBoy Has the BEST ReputationEthanGaBoy Has the BEST ReputationEthanGaBoy Has the BEST ReputationEthanGaBoy Has the BEST Reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sybelle View Post
Ethan, bet you didn't know I was a bona fide fisherwoman, complete with the chest waders? Trout fishing, high in the mountains here - some of the most serene moments in my life. I can understand missing that.

Wanted to share that a lot of the national and state parks - have public access that often includes docks, etc. Did a search online and found a link that might be of some help for you. Good luck!


http://www.n-georgia.com/ada-access-atlanta.html


Sybelle, darlin' NOTHING i learn about you surprizes me. I know your capabilites are endless Only YOU could make chest waders SEXY!!!
I will definately check out that link. Thank you!!
__________________
"Let your boat of life be light, packed with only what you need - a homely home and simple pleasures, one or two friends, worth the name, someone to love and someone to love you, a cat, a dog, and a pipe or two, enough to eat and enough to wear, and a little more than enough to drink; for thirst is a dangerous thing. "
— Jerome K. Jerome

ETHAN
EthanGaBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to EthanGaBoy For This Useful Post:
Old 05-26-2010, 08:39 PM   #4
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content
 
WolfyOne's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 6,558
Thanks: 22,052
Thanked 15,391 Times in 4,137 Posts
Rep Power: 21474859
WolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST Reputation
Default

Who's been doing it?
Whatcha catching?
__________________

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage --- Lao Tzo
WolfyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 05:54 AM   #5
JakeTulane
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Mr. Prickly Porcupine
Preferred Pronoun?:
Butch - Hy, Hym, Hys
Relationship Status:
She has softened My quills
 

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Permanently Banned 8/8/2011
Posts: 4,880
Thanks: 6,221
Thanked 5,264 Times in 2,732 Posts
Rep Power: 0
JakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST Reputation
Default

Hiya Wolfy,

Well all of My gear is still in the car from the last outing with My niece. However, I have not been back yet. Sometimes Life intervenes. I am hoping to go soon.. perhaps with weekend.

How about you?
JakeTulane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 06:34 AM   #6
NJFemmie
Senior Member

How Do You Identify?:
The original lime-twisted femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
I answer to most things, especially lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Still loving my Mare ;)
 
NJFemmie's Avatar
 
3 Highscores

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 4,683
Thanks: 1,343
Thanked 11,421 Times in 2,977 Posts
Rep Power: 21474856
NJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST Reputation
Default

Haven't gone yet, but hope to soon ...
We have better luck crabbing than we do fishing.

__________________


NJFemmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 09:34 AM   #7
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content
 
WolfyOne's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 6,558
Thanks: 22,052
Thanked 15,391 Times in 4,137 Posts
Rep Power: 21474859
WolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST Reputation
Default

I haven't had a chance to go fishing yet. Thought I'd live vicariously through those that have. Just when I think I can go, it either rains (alright in Oklahoma it storms) or I'm 2 days mowing our football field of a yard or someone has me running errands. I think I need to get away for a weekend just so I can fish.
__________________

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage --- Lao Tzo
WolfyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:08 PM.


ButchFemmePlanet.com
All information copyright of BFP 2018