Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Current Affairs/World Issues/Science And History

Old 01-23-2012, 03:21 PM   #21
Parker
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Butch. Lesbian. Dyke. Woman. Female.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, of course!
Relationship Status:
Content

Thanked 11,730 Times in 2,432 Posts
Parker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post

This one is from a week ago in Chicago

This triggered a memory - I heard something exactly like this just the other day. It sounded like it was way off in the distance and kinda sounded like a foghorn - but I don't live near anything that would make such a noise.

Weird.
Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Parker For This Useful Post:
Old 01-23-2012, 06:45 PM   #22
tonaderspeisung

How Do You Identify?:
asleep at the synthesizer
Preferred Pronoun?:
crown prince of dirty disco

Thanked 1,794 Times in 857 Posts
tonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputation
Default <------skeptic

i want to believe like an x-file but a little too similar to me
tonaderspeisung is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tonaderspeisung For This Useful Post:
Old 01-23-2012, 07:15 PM   #23
Mr Nice Guy
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Kind, sweet, loving, romantic and a rare Butch. :)
Relationship Status:
I don't drive a Uhaul. :)

Thanked 4,894 Times in 1,307 Posts
Mr Nice Guy Has the BEST ReputationMr Nice Guy Has the BEST ReputationMr Nice Guy Has the BEST ReputationMr Nice Guy Has the BEST ReputationMr Nice Guy Has the BEST ReputationMr Nice Guy Has the BEST ReputationMr Nice Guy Has the BEST ReputationMr Nice Guy Has the BEST ReputationMr Nice Guy Has the BEST ReputationMr Nice Guy Has the BEST ReputationMr Nice Guy Has the BEST Reputation

Watched the video. That was creepy. No sound like that here in NH. I wonder what it was?
Mr Nice Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mr Nice Guy For This Useful Post:
Old 01-23-2012, 07:21 PM   #24
Glenn

How Do You Identify?:
Dear Ol Butch Bones
Preferred Pronoun?:
Old Thing
Relationship Status:
Too old to play.

Thanked 3,732 Times in 1,096 Posts
Glenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST Reputation

I am a night-owl, and I do'nt go to sleep until right after the dawn on most days. Almost every night, like clock-work, at around three am, when everything is quiet and still, for over a year now, I've heard a sound in the distant sky and Earth. It sounds like thunder, rumbling, and booming. I have tried to hear where it is coming from, but I can't. It sounds like it's in the sky, close to the Earth.
Glenn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Glenn For This Useful Post:
Old 01-23-2012, 07:24 PM   #25
Lady Pamela

How Do You Identify?:
A Lady..Femme..Free Spirit with a touch of survivalist woman in me.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Spiritual Warrior..She Ra..Baby Doll, or anything close..ha!
Relationship Status:
In perfect love and perfect trust I believe that will be directed..for now Just friends in my life.

1 Highscore

Location: Live in Utah but take trips to Arkansas. Plan to move there eventually.
Thanked 5,939 Times in 1,609 Posts
Lady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
I am a night-owl, and I do'nt go to sleep until right after the dawn on most days. Every night, like clock-work, at around three am, when everything is quiet and still, for over a year now, I've heard a sound in the sky and Earth. It sounds like thunder, rumbling, booming. I have tried to hear where it is coming from, but I can't. It sounds like it's in the sky or on the Earth.
Record it so we can hear it please.

I have other friends who say they have heard it as well and also feel the vibrations at a lower tone and scale than what I have posted on here.

When negative thoughts come to mind,
Let them die stillborn.
Speak and do posotive in any situation,
And watch your dreams grow and flurish.
If you can't say anything posotive, Zip it up.
Do not give birth to that which you do not want to see grow.
See it, Believe it, Own it, Have it!
~*~ Lady Pamela ~*~
Lady Pamela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 07:28 PM   #26
Ebon

How Do You Identify?:
With my souls eyes.
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
lol

Thanked 11,144 Times in 2,755 Posts
Ebon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST Reputation

Mother earth is changing, that's what the sounds are. It's part of one of her Grand Cycles. She is physically and spiritually evolving and so are we.

I'm a Soul Rebel

http://wannabereverend.wordpress.com/

Spirituality is not a belief system or ideology, it is the surrender of one's ego to the infinite wisdom and knowledge that is the universe.
Ebon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ebon For This Useful Post:
Old 01-23-2012, 07:30 PM   #27
Lady Pamela

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
In perfect love and perfect trust I believe that will be directed..for now Just friends in my life.

1 Highscore

Location: Live in Utah but take trips to Arkansas. Plan to move there eventually.
Lady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebon View Post
Mother earth is changing, that's what the sounds are. It's part of one of her Grand Cycles. She is physically and spiritually evolving and so are we.
That is point of view shard between many that I have read. However the sounds come from within the sky.
But it is possible to have an echo effect they say.

Let them die stillborn.
~*~ Lady Pamela ~*~
The Following User Says Thank You to Lady Pamela For This Useful Post:
Old 01-23-2012, 07:35 PM   #28
Ebon

How Do You Identify?:
With my souls eyes.
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
lol

Ebon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Pamela View Post
That is point of view shard between many that I have read. However the sounds come from within the sky.
But it is possible to have an echo effect they say.
Well from the stuff I've read the trumpet sounds that people say they have heard say it was kind of all around them. I think people are used to hearing loud noises like airplanes and looking up at the sky. The ground is solid, so it could be harder to imagine that something so loud and clear could be coming from under the ground. I don't know for a fact where the sounds are coming from but I think the trumpet sounds are beautiful. Some say that it's the tectonic plates shifting due to the pole shift.

I'm a Soul Rebel

Spirituality is not a belief system or ideology, it is the surrender of one's ego to the infinite wisdom and knowledge that is the universe.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ebon For This Useful Post:
Old 01-23-2012, 07:41 PM   #29
Lady Pamela

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebon View Post
Well from the stuff I've read the trumpet sounds that people say they have heard say it was kind of all around them. I think people are used to hearing loud noises like airplanes and looking up at the sky. The ground is solid, so it could be harder to imagine that something so loud and clear could be coming from under the ground. I don't know for a fact where the sounds are coming from but I think the trumpet sounds are beautiful. Some say that it's the tectonic plates shifting due to the pole shift.
I have also heard that as well.
Also that it could be a planet-x theroy ...claiming that in past it created loud sounds.

Let them die stillborn.
~*~ Lady Pamela ~*~
The Following User Says Thank You to Lady Pamela For This Useful Post:
Old 01-23-2012, 07:47 PM   #30
Ebon

How Do You Identify?:
With my souls eyes.
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Pamela View Post
I have also heard that as well.
Also that it could be a planet-x theroy ...claiming that in past it created loud sounds.
Well if another planet were that close or getting closer it seems like it would affect the magnetic field of the earth. We shall see if and when it gets here.

I'm a Soul Rebel

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ebon For This Useful Post:
Old 01-23-2012, 08:08 PM   #31
Scuba

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Flying Solo

Thanked 8,048 Times in 1,618 Posts
Scuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonaderspeisung View Post

I agree...it just sounds a bit slower in the videos and all of them had the exact same audio. There were a few exceptions that sound more like aircraft.

~~Bob Richardson~~
Scuba is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Scuba For This Useful Post:
Old 01-23-2012, 09:33 PM   #32
Jett

How Do You Identify?:
Hardcore bullheaded grown-ass Tomboy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
she loves my shaggy hair

Location: The backroom of a night cafe plotting world domination
Thanked 3,299 Times in 568 Posts
Jett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST Reputation

I was trying to figure out what the sounds reminded me of, then I remembered the sounds of Jupiter's magnetosphere. Perhaps (if genuine) it's earths magnetosphere... I heard the found a large hole in it recently... maybe the hole changed the resonance into something more audible to us.

Random thoughts but what the hey... fun topic
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jett For This Useful Post:
Old 01-23-2012, 09:55 PM   #33
Lady Pamela

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jett View Post
I was trying to figure out what the sounds reminded me of, then I remembered the sounds of Jupiter's magnetosphere. Perhaps (if genuine) it's earths magnetosphere... I heard the found a large hole in it recently... maybe the hole changed the resonance into something more audible to us.

Random thoughts but what the hey... fun topic
Very good point and most definately an valid point to think on.

Let them die stillborn.
~*~ Lady Pamela ~*~
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lady Pamela For This Useful Post:
Old 01-23-2012, 10:10 PM   #34
Scuba

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Flying Solo

Scuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST Reputation

Something tells me "random thought" is good for the world Keeps the doors of possibility open.

~~Bob Richardson~~
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Scuba For This Useful Post:
Old 01-23-2012, 11:37 PM   #35
Parker
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, of course!
Relationship Status:
Content

Parker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonaderspeisung View Post

I am a huge skeptic of anything on the 'net - these days, anyone can manipulate photos and video to be anything they want. A friend once told me I was the biggest skeptic she's ever known because I believe less than half of what I hear, see, or read on-line. lol

But this? This I heard irl with my own 2 ears and while it did kinda sound like the WotW noises, it was slower, lower, and way off in the distance (I could only pin point a general direction). Also, it wasn't as frequent as the videos posted on-line - I would guesstimate that about 15-30 seconds passed in between each sound.

If I hear it again, I'll see if I can't whip out my phone and record it, but trust me, I don't expect you or anyone else to take my word for it - and it doesn't offend me in the least - we need our skeptics!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Parker For This Useful Post:
Old 01-23-2012, 11:55 PM   #36
SweetJane

How Do You Identify?:
stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
always solo

SweetJane Has the BEST ReputationSweetJane Has the BEST ReputationSweetJane Has the BEST ReputationSweetJane Has the BEST ReputationSweetJane Has the BEST ReputationSweetJane Has the BEST ReputationSweetJane Has the BEST ReputationSweetJane Has the BEST ReputationSweetJane Has the BEST ReputationSweetJane Has the BEST ReputationSweetJane Has the BEST Reputation

Scuba and Lady Pamela, I was talking with someone tonight about this and she has heard what she calls "earth noises" like these for years where we are. But she says they have increased.

I don't know what it is but it certainly very curious.
SweetJane is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SweetJane For This Useful Post:
Old 01-24-2012, 12:16 AM   #37
Scuba

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Flying Solo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetJane View Post
Scuba and Lady Pamela, I was talking with someone tonight about this and she has heard what she calls "earth noises" like these for years where we are. But she says they have increased.

It is very curious indeed!! And I think that it is highly possible that this is a natural occurrence brought on by the many shifts our planet has seen in the last few years; physically and metaphysically. Things in our universe are not static. They move, shift and adjust constantly and intensely sometimes. Sounds are a natural fallout of these events. If there is any credence in the occurrence of these sounds then I would venture to guess that the brainiacs of this world are already looking into what may be causing them. I have yet to see the scientific world take an interest though and thus I tend toward the path of skepticism and a hoax.

CIJS I want to believe I be spending more time outside listening!!

Cheers,

Scoobs

~~Bob Richardson~~
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Scuba For This Useful Post:
Old 01-24-2012, 12:25 AM   #38
Parker
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, of course!
Relationship Status:
Content

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubadyke View Post
I have yet to see the scientific world take an interest though and thus I tend toward the path of skepticism and a hoax.
Or cover-up. lol
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Parker For This Useful Post:
Old 01-24-2012, 01:22 AM   #39
Lady Pamela

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celtic Spirit View Post
I am a huge skeptic of anything on the 'net - these days, anyone can manipulate photos and video to be anything they want. A friend once told me I was the biggest skeptic she's ever known because I believe less than half of what I hear, see, or read on-line. lol

But this? This I heard irl with my own 2 ears and while it did kinda sound like the WotW noises, it was slower, lower, and way off in the distance (I could only pin point a general direction). Also, it wasn't as frequent as the videos posted on-line - I would guesstimate that about 15-30 seconds passed in between each sound.

If I hear it again, I'll see if I can't whip out my phone and record it, but trust me, I don't expect you or anyone else to take my word for it - and it doesn't offend me in the least - we need our skeptics!

I would greatly appriciate that. As would others who have valid dought as to if/what this is. Atleast we might hear the sound stright from a member...ya know?
And thank you!

Let them die stillborn.
~*~ Lady Pamela ~*~
Old 01-24-2012, 01:24 AM   #40
Lady Pamela

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetJane View Post

I think you are speaking of the hum noise and vibration found in diffrent areas. They also are really interesting.
Not all people feel/hear them .

This is most definately heard by everyone within range , so they say. And yes I am way curious myself..smiles

Let them die stillborn.
~*~ Lady Pamela ~*~