Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 02-09-2013, 09:20 AM   #81
Loren_Q

How Do You Identify?:
Loren. If you want to know about me, just ask.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her, but I'm not that picky.
Relationship Status:
it's complicated...

Loren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean_ View Post
I just noticed this thread and I thought I'd chime in with my observations. I use a Joytech eGo-C to vape. My juice of preference in "vanilla menthol", and I use the next to lowest nicotine level. One thing I definitely noticed is that one has to inhale differently - much less force, and shorter puffs. I had gotten to the point where I only smoked two cigs per day (one with coffee in the morning, and one after dinner). I've kinda fallen off the wagon, but I'm getting back in the vaping groove now. I actually find it much better than smoking and I can certainly feel the (good) effects when I exercise.
Ohh.... vanilla menthol. I have a menthol juice and a French vanilla. Time to blend my own. I wonder if that's a vapers version of 'roll your own'?

I know what you mean about the difference in inhaling. Although I do longer pulls, just not a lot of force. Welcome back to vaping, your lungs thank you.

"Everything in the world is about sex, except sex. Sex is about power."
Oscar Wilde
Loren_Q is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Loren_Q For This Useful Post:
Old 02-09-2013, 09:25 AM   #82
spritzerJ
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Queer (gender), female (biological marker)
Preferred Pronoun?:
she will work as a default.
Relationship Status:
*engaged to jac* until 8/10/14

Thanked 15,802 Times in 2,905 Posts
spritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST Reputation

Morning Vapers...

Roll your own cracks me up.

I like the black raspberry chocolate cheesecake flavor I mix.

Still learning and enjoying it.
spritzerJ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to spritzerJ For This Useful Post:
Old 02-09-2013, 11:46 AM   #83
julieisafemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Married to Greyson

Thanked 3,445 Times in 660 Posts
julieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I got my set up yesterday in the mail. I got the ego-c and some black tea juice. I put the thing together and it would not work. I was so upset! Tried again this morning and Imhad not put in the atomizer! Sigh.

I love the black tea flavor!!!! I am not getting as much of a throat hit as I would like but this could be operator error. I get some tobacco flavored today I hope.

Thanks for the thread and all the advice everyone!
Old 02-09-2013, 01:02 PM   #84
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,872 Times in 7,835 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieisafemme View Post
I got my set up yesterday in the mail. I got the ego-c and some black tea juice. I put the thing together and it would not work. I was so upset! Tried again this morning and Imhad not put in the atomizer! Sigh.

I love the black tea flavor!!!! I am not getting as much of a throat hit as I would like but this could be operator error. I get some tobacco flavored today I hope.

Thanks for the thread and all the advice everyone!

YAAAAAYYYYY!!!!!

The black tea flavor is a mild flavor and you might find a better throat hit with something like RY4 or a fruit flavor. Glad you are digging it!
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 02-09-2013, 02:28 PM   #85
Hollylane
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 26,373 Times in 5,877 Posts
Hollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST Reputation

I have a question, that I'm hoping one of you knows the answer too. I may not be using the right terminology, so I hope this makes sense.

How do you clean the refillable tanks, when you want to use a different flavor? Here's a picture (similar to mine)of the part that I am talking about.

They don't recommend alcohol. So, how do you clean it well enough to not get an unintended flavor combination?
Hollylane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 08:14 PM   #86
Strappie

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
I know who I am... Doesn't matter
Relationship Status:
It's a new day....

Thanked 4,946 Times in 1,350 Posts
Strappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollylane View Post
I have a question, that I'm hoping one of you knows the answer too. I may not be using the right terminology, so I hope this makes sense.

How do you clean the refillable tanks, when you want to use a different flavor? Here's a picture (similar to mine)of the part that I am talking about.

They don't recommend alcohol. So, how do you clean it well enough to not get an unintended flavor combination?
Without knowing the exact tank you are using they vary in how to clean them. I can tell you if you know what it is.. you can youtube it and they will have one just like that on there and they will show you. I didn't know how to clean mine either and I youtube'd it. Anything and everything is on youtube.

Most people buy separate tanks to use for flavors and one for non flavored.
Strappie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Strappie For This Useful Post:
Old 02-09-2013, 09:05 PM   #87
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,872 Times in 7,835 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

Hollylane- Is that a Kanger tank?

I have used warm water to clean mine. I generally wait until I vape the juice down to almost nothing and then rinse them multiple times with warm water (no soap!) and let them air dry.

I do have about 5 tanks going so that I don't have to wait to dry them out!
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 02-09-2013, 10:24 PM   #88
Zimmeh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Me
Relationship Status:
I am a human and not a possession

Thanked 13,441 Times in 4,316 Posts
Zimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST Reputation

Good luck and congratulations to all of you! January 27th was the 21st year anniversary of losing my grandmother to lung cancer. You can do it and I think the *smokers* wall will be a place for jokes instead of cigarettes.

Zimmeh
Old 02-09-2013, 10:29 PM   #89
Hollylane
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Hollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strappie View Post
Without knowing the exact tank you are using they vary in how to clean them. I can tell you if you know what it is.. you can youtube it and they will have one just like that on there and they will show you. I didn't know how to clean mine either and I youtube'd it. Anything and everything is on youtube.

Most people buy separate tanks to use for flavors and one for non flavored.
I was thinking that the separate tank thing might be the answer, but they're about $10 each, and I'm wanting to try a lot of different flavors.

I'm picturing an alphabetically arranged storage container filled with vape juice...Oh nooooooooo....I can see where this is heading...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
Hollylane- Is that a Kanger tank?

I have used warm water to clean mine. I generally wait until I vape the juice down to almost nothing and then rinse them multiple times with warm water (no soap!) and let them air dry.

I do have about 5 tanks going so that I don't have to wait to dry them out!
I don't know if it is a Kanger tank, the only thing that is on the tank is ml markings, and the Kiosk name "Nic Station". I Googled a photo of the Kanger, and it does look identical.

I will try your suggestion when I get some more flavors. Thank you both for your help

So, I haven't smoked, or wanted to smoke a real cig yet. Yay! I do find myself looking for my lighter, or getting it into my head that I put a lit cig on my desk, because I am so used to my habits. It seems weird to not light something, or lay something in an ashtray.

When I bought the kit, both 10 hr batteries were at half charge, and the guy told me to use them until they died and then give them a full charge. On half charge, one of them lasted me more than 15 hours, and I used the hell out of it! I'm still using the second one at half charge.

When I demoed these in the store, the throat hit, on the lowest voltage, sent me into a coughing fit that nearly gave me an asthma attack. After a few more tries, I was able to tolerate it, and my lungs already feel 110% better(it has only been a little over 24 hours). So far, I am noticing that every time I lay off of the vape for a few hours, the initial drag sends me back into a coughing spree, but it doesn't happen after the first one. I'm hoping that reaction goes away, but it is really not all that surprising to me, because the same thing happened when I quit last time, and I started using the Blue Ecig. It went away within a week.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hollylane For This Useful Post:
Old 02-10-2013, 04:24 PM   #90
Strappie

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
It's a new day....

Strappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

a lot of the tanks are similar ... typically you can take them apart and take the wick out if you have a wick.. and rinse out ... the trick is to make sure it's completely dry before you use it again. Some people use a Qtip to clean the edges of the tanks, I do this. But not so sure it's necessary.

I also found out that not all tanks are reusable. I found that out with my first tank. I called my store and they said I have a tank that is not reusable. So the next tanks I purchased were all reusable ones.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Strappie For This Useful Post:
Old 02-10-2013, 05:14 PM   #91
spritzerJ
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

spritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST Reputation

Vaped a bit today. We left the house and I learned I am going to need a carrying case that keeps things organized. Yippee more flavors and accessories!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to spritzerJ For This Useful Post:
Old 02-10-2013, 05:36 PM   #92
Hollylane
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by spritzerJ View Post
Vaped a bit today. We left the house and I learned I am going to need a carrying case that keeps things organized. Yippee more flavors and accessories!
I am really glad I bought the case, because all of my vape stuff would have been floating around my backpack otherwise!
The Following User Says Thank You to Hollylane For This Useful Post:
Old 02-10-2013, 05:51 PM   #93
spritzerJ
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollylane View Post
I am really glad I bought the case, because all of my vape stuff would have been floating around my backpack otherwise!
Yes a case... something pretty and keeps things organized. And then a box to store the juices and accessories at home. I am not just not a person to have things lying about. Nor do I have pretty knick knacks for storing with out something already in them. hmmm...

I am vaping a ton. I must order more peppermint asap.
The Following User Says Thank You to spritzerJ For This Useful Post:
Old 02-10-2013, 09:25 PM   #94
Smiling

How Do You Identify?:
with a distinct flair

Thanked 4,383 Times in 1,009 Posts
Smiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST Reputation

I quit smoking cold turkey years ago, but I want to try one of these anyway because they just look so appealing to me! And while I realize that may sound ridiculous to a lot of people, I think it has a lot to do with how a cigarette always felt like an extension of my hand; how gesturing with a cigarette while talking always seemed to make the conversation somehow more engaging. You all may have just talked me into buying one!
Smiling is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Smiling For This Useful Post:
Old 02-11-2013, 05:52 PM   #95
Strappie

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
It's a new day....

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huge-Smile View Post
I quit smoking cold turkey years ago, but I want to try one of these anyway because they just look so appealing to me! And while I realize that may sound ridiculous to a lot of people, I think it has a lot to do with how a cigarette always felt like an extension of my hand; how gesturing with a cigarette while talking always seemed to make the conversation somehow more engaging. You all may have just talked me into buying one!
I highly recommend if you don't smoke any longer.. to get the Liquid with NO Nicotine... I have friends that vape for the joy of doing it in the bars here in MN. They use the Nicotine Free liquids. Still have all the million flavors just with out the nicotine.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Strappie For This Useful Post:
Old 02-11-2013, 06:10 PM   #96
Strappie

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
It's a new day....

Member Photo Albums

Forgive me if anyone posted about this already. I haven't read all pages here.

I'm wondering if anyone has had problems with "Dry Mouth?" I have been vaping for about a yr and half and I have major problems with dry mouth. I've researched it and only find that if people get this, it only lasts about 2 weeks. For me, it's so bad that I can not create any saliva to the point I have a lisp. I have spoke to my local store and they have only heard of this from one other person. For her she knew she was alergic to the propylene glycol and takes that chance for cigarette free life. I haven't spoken to my Doctor yet, that's coming. I also know it's used in toothpaste which would explain why (I think) my mouth is dry after I brush.

I also know when Vaping you are to drink a lot of water! This hasn't helped me with the "Dry Mouth" it has almost made it worse.

I guess what I'm asking is if anyone else has had this issue? It sucks because I went for 4 months without smoking (one wknd I had 4 cigs) but couldn't take the dry mouth any longer.

Does anyone use Liquids with out the Propylene glycol in their liquids. If so where do you get them and can you shoot me the site you get them from.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Strappie For This Useful Post:
Old 02-11-2013, 06:48 PM   #97
Strappie

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
It's a new day....

Member Photo Albums

Spritzer...

Thank you for the heads up however the product you get from that place has Propylene Glyocol (PG) and Vegetable Glycerin (VG). Same as mine. Thank you for trying!!
Old 02-11-2013, 07:04 PM   #98
spritzerJ
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strappie View Post
Spritzer...

Thank you for the heads up however the product you get from that place has Propylene Glyocol (PG) and Vegetable Glycerin (VG). Same as mine. Thank you for trying!!
http://www.ecblendflavors.com/all-na...rganic-100-vg/

Well I sure hope not. I am really trying to just use the VG base! Have you heard otherwise?

Oh and Loren_Q recommends the extra flavoring with the all VG flavors. And I will do that as they are pretty darn mild.

Thanks Strappie!
The Following User Says Thank You to spritzerJ For This Useful Post:
Old 02-11-2013, 07:07 PM   #99
Strappie

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
It's a new day....

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
It's official! Scorp and I are organizing a VAPE MEET at the 2013 Reunion!

We are going to get some of those disposable tips and bring some vaping gear and different flavors so that folks can try them out! WEEE.

I am finding some local vape meets as well because I heard it was a great way to try new flavors and get tips. There is one in Northwest Arkansas but I put a thread up on a Vape forum and am hoping to find more in our area.

Anyone ever been to a Meet?
I haven't been to any. The store I get all my product from lets us try anything and everything out including the ecigs. They also have over 150 flavors and they continue to add to them. They also have Monthly/weekly specials on flavors. So I guess I haven't had to go to one. But how cool not to mention the TIPS alone are priceless! Would be fun!
Old 02-11-2013, 07:11 PM   #100
Strappie

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
It's a new day....

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by spritzerJ View Post
http://www.ecblendflavors.com/all-na...rganic-100-vg/

Well I sure hope not. I am really trying to just use the VG base! Have you heard otherwise?

Oh and Loren_Q recommends the extra flavoring with the all VG flavors. And I will do that as they are pretty darn mild.

Thanks Strappie!
Perhaps I read it wrong.. I'll go back and check.. My bottle has both listed Propylene Glyocol (PG) and Vegetable Glycerin (VG). So I'm guessing your would to? Maybe I just assumed?... I'll go look.