Venus007

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Serene Highness ;}
Relationship Status:
Dreamily contemplating some outrage against conventional morality

Thanked 4,766 Times in 1,142 Posts
Venus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST Reputation
Default It Ain't Me Babe

I don't believe in soulmates in the traditional romantic relationship Disney/pop American culture interpretation. Meaning "the one", someone who is destined for you and you for them who will always magically know what you need and who will never wax and wane over time, your other half, so in synch is must be supernatural.

I think that is an unfair, unhealthy fantasy that sets people up to only have short to medium term relationships that ultimately leave them disappointed because it sets an impossible standard not based in the reality of human animal nature.

What I do believe in is that there are people who because of their life experiences, outlook, understanding, personality and desires match pretty closely with yours or even better beautifully compliment you and that gives rise to a connection and delicious frisson that together you tend, groom, and shape over time.

To me ultimate love is more of an ongoing piece of performance art rather than a divine intervention.

"So you'll die happily for your sins. You'd rather die in guilt then live in love?" Timothy Leary
Venus007 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Venus007 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2015, 02:03 PM   #2
Nattih

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Nattih Has the BEST ReputationNattih Has the BEST ReputationNattih Has the BEST ReputationNattih Has the BEST ReputationNattih Has the BEST ReputationNattih Has the BEST ReputationNattih Has the BEST ReputationNattih Has the BEST ReputationNattih Has the BEST ReputationNattih Has the BEST ReputationNattih Has the BEST Reputation

Its something I think about often, but as of right now, I dont think so. I think it is warm and fuzzy to think about someone on the planet already waiting for us to just "happen" about and skip merrily into the sunset together. Seems really need and packaged in a way life just isnt.

I'm a big believer in being able to choose our own destiny, therefore I sway on the "no" side of the existence of a soulmate. I am willing to have my mind changed about it though.
Nattih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 07:25 PM   #3
gotoseagrl

How Do You Identify?:
old-fashioned queer stone submissive girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
mermaid, *very* lucky babygirl
Relationship Status:
Saltwater mermaid ♡

Thanked 6,115 Times in 1,726 Posts
gotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputation

I've spent so much time studying this topic. I believe that for some people having a soulmate is simply being with someone in a relationship that works out and lasts, which is fine. And for others (like me), a soulmate is more of a rare type you aren't sure that you will ever have the chance of meeting (until you do), a twin flame. Someone who is so unique that they have so many of the most uncommon things in common with you, along with weird coincidences and other signs that make you feel you would most likely never meet another who fits you so well.

The one who changes or adds to you and your life in the most positive ways because you value the same things and were already headed on the same path before you even met. They can be as different from you as they are the same, yet those differences turn out to be things that compliment each other naturally instead of distress you. For example, a writer and an artist who both always thought about doing picture books, but the writer doesn't draw and the artist doesn't like to write. They discover they can do amazing things together.

The one who makes everything better simply with their presence. The one with whom you have healthy happiness in ways that remain consistent and stand the test of time. Things aren't perfect, but the two of you go together so perfectly that you're able to make it through anything life brings. In my experience, all these things make someone a soulmate, and I do believe the saying "you just know" when you meet them. But I think it goes beyond that ... to knowing that being without them would truly be too devastating to even imagine. True soulmate is the one you don't let go of and the one who never lets go of you. It's never one-sided.

gotoseagrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to gotoseagrl For This Useful Post:
Old 12-16-2015, 08:15 PM   #4
Bubala

How Do You Identify?:
Lady Sunflower
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 1,669 Times in 615 Posts
Bubala Has the BEST ReputationBubala Has the BEST ReputationBubala Has the BEST ReputationBubala Has the BEST ReputationBubala Has the BEST ReputationBubala Has the BEST ReputationBubala Has the BEST ReputationBubala Has the BEST ReputationBubala Has the BEST ReputationBubala Has the BEST ReputationBubala Has the BEST Reputation

I might be a desperate optimist, a childish silly dreamer but I still believe that yes, soulmates do exists! Some find them and some don't but somewhere in there world there's a perfect match for everyone out there... Am I crazy?
Bubala is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bubala For This Useful Post:
Old 12-16-2015, 08:51 PM   #5
starryeyes

How Do You Identify?:
a round peg in a square hole
Preferred Pronoun?:
Guess...
Relationship Status:
Seat taken

Thanked 10,056 Times in 2,077 Posts
starryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputation

I never believed in one until I found her. Never had such a deep amazing connection with someone before... it's pretty special <3

Starry
starryeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to starryeyes For This Useful Post:
Old 04-07-2017, 09:45 PM   #6
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
witchy
Preferred Pronoun?:
b. grrl
Relationship Status:
xoxo

Thanked 21,417 Times in 6,753 Posts
kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation

do I believe? yes, probably..but that doesn't mean I believe it's smooth sailing...by my life experience, there is no such thing...but hopefully you can learn from your mistakes and at some point find that connection that will last well past a lifetime-
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 04-07-2017, 11:42 PM   #7
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,871 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

Nope, no way no how, no way jose!
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post: