Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
**loved by many**

Thanked 40,221 Times in 10,411 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gráinne View Post
I've lately begun a "joy journal", with things that might be really small but gave me a little "ooo!" in a tough time. My mind just has to take a break from situations. So I think this thread might become a favorite haunt!

At work I take a slip of paper or a card and whenever something joyful happens, no matter how small or maybe meaningless to anyone else, I write it down. I'm shocked when I read my card over and find I can clearly remember bullshit and aggravation but forget the joys I wrote down just hours before!

Today, for instance, I filled up the hand sanitizer bottles on the registers. They are a kind of cobalt blue. Since it was 7:30 AM, the sun was just coming up through the windows and turned the sanitizer to little glistening drops of blue. It struck me as beautiful, so onto the card it went!
I agree! Use this thread to share your joy. It's the simple things that make us stop and smile. Life is what you make it. Lets make it happiness

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 08-24-2024, 01:33 AM   #22
iamkeri1

How Do You Identify?:
femme woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

1 Highscore

Thanked 2,014 Times in 610 Posts
iamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputation

Before i moved to Florida, I lived in cold country (Michigan and Ohio) except for two short sojourns in California, where I fell in love with Palm Trees. From that point on I dreamt of, longed for, strongly desired , a palm tree lined driveway. I tried a couple time to plant palm trees here, but for one reason or another they didn't take.

I decided to go a little bigger. I bought 6 queen palms which were about 5 feet tall, and planted them all right away, along the west side of my driveway. I had the idea they would grow better in pairs so I planted three pairs. Four lasted for years and grew so much quicker than I thought they would They are about 30 feet tall now. Three are left. I have the almost daily joy of watching the sun go down behind them. People say Montana has the most beautiful sundowns in the Country, But I can't imagine anything more beautiful that these Florida sundowns which literally light up the whole sky. Joy. Joy. Joy!
Smooches,

Keri
iamkeri1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to iamkeri1 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-27-2024, 06:29 PM   #23
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,382 Times in 3,084 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Rowing team tonight. I rowed in a 4 person boat tonight for the first time. It's much more tippy than the 8 I usually row in. We held it down and did well. Next week is the last week of rowing with this team for 2024. I sure am going to miss it until we hit the water as soon as we can in the spring.

Also I was in an older wooden boat tonight that I'm positive my late brother rowed in when he was on the team. I felt him strongly there.

There was a beautiful sunset when we docked. I had enough time to catch a picture after we put the boat and oars away.
easygoingfemme is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 08-30-2024, 03:51 PM   #24
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
**loved by many**

Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

Huge JOY today.

I had lunch with my Lunch buddy. I brought a fresh dragon fruit so we could try it. Well we both that it was better in a Starbucks pink drink! Lol

Best part, the volunteer coordinator told me she was going to nominate me as volunteer of the year! I wanted to cry, it made my heart so happy. I truly believe my calling is making little people smile and feel important.

All I wanted to do was tell my Mom. I can hear her say, but of course you are a great volunteer. You have such a positive attitude.

I miss her. .... especially today.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 09-03-2024, 04:24 AM   #25
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Yesterday I climbed Mt. Moxham. My first time on that one. Wow was it spectacular. The weather was perfect. 70 degrees and breezy. There were 4 summit points. When I saw the very top one from the second to last I got a little nervous but the path to it was strong and steady and lead from the inside of the mountain to the outside. The views were worth every step x 10 and I got to pet some really sweet big dogs on the way up and down.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 09-03-2024, 08:12 AM   #26
iamkeri1

How Do You Identify?:
femme woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

1 Highscore

Thanked 2,014 Times in 610 Posts
iamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputation

I'm going out to dinner with my son and granddaughter tonight I haven't seen her in a couple months, so the anticipation is joyous indeed.
Smooches,
Keri
iamkeri1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to iamkeri1 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-05-2024, 06:30 PM   #27
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Tonight was the last night of the season for the crew team I'm on. That ending does not bring me joy, because it's a long time until spring when we can get on the water again. However, coach put together an all woman quad to row and put us through some great drills together. We made a powerful team and it made for a sweet closing night.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 09-17-2024, 03:48 PM   #28
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
**loved by many**

Joy....

Keep on living your life. You can sit around and worry or you can go bowling. And I did! Best butch and I can always find spontaneous fun and joy! And.....I got two strikes. In a row!
Then we went to happy hour at our fav sports grill. Monday night football and buy one get one chicken wings!

Good times.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 09-18-2024, 03:48 AM   #29
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Ochiba
Preferred Pronoun?:
b. grrl

Thanked 21,585 Times in 6,841 Posts
kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation

looking at all the pumpkins at my neighborhood grocery..so beautiful ..my heart squeaked with joy~
Old 09-21-2024, 12:12 PM   #30
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!

Thanked 14,414 Times in 4,056 Posts
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation

Watching a video of my nephew scoring his first touchdown. I was unable to go today. He also made a good tackle. As good as it could be in flag football. He's just a little guy, no pads or helmet yet

The best way to predict the future, is to create it.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post:
Old 09-21-2024, 02:43 PM   #31
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Petting every dog I saw on my hike. Bonus Pit bulls. My favorite.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post: