Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 06-10-2010, 01:13 PM   #81
julieisafemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Married to Greyson

Thanked 3,445 Times in 660 Posts
julieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfyOne View Post
The tea merchant I use has T-Sacs that I use when I only want a cup of tea for traveling. Just like tea bags, but you can put your loose tea in them. I think it's the next best thing to a tea bag if you don't like tea floating in your cup from a tea ball or infuser. Personally at home, I have a tea spoon I fill with tea when only wanting a cup. So, for those that like tea bags and also like loose tea, use a T-Sac.

I need to try these tea sacs. Then I won't have to bring my rig when I travel. Are these the unbleached paper kind? Are they reusable? They have those for to go loose tea at Peet's.
julieisafemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 01:25 PM   #82
Arwen
Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

Thanked 28,130 Times in 6,413 Posts
Arwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST Reputation

There's a restaurant in Denver. It's hard to find unless you know it's there but it is by the Samurai sushi place on Arapahoe.

Anyway, I ordered tea one night and the owner, a lovely Persian woman, asked me if I wanted Persian tea. I said yes.

In a regular iced tea glass, I was served HOT spicy flavorful tea that was amazing. I'd love to recreate that experience. Anyone know what this is or have a clue?

I found this which seems to be in line with what I got at this place. Miss that place because the kabobs were so yummy.
Arwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 07:05 PM   #83
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Thanked 15,407 Times in 4,138 Posts
WolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST Reputation

My freebie site sent this to me and I thought since we're talking about tea, this would be a good place to share it.

Get a free tea sample - Language of the Leaf is offering a free tea sample. To receive this offer, enter your name on the lower left hand side of the page. Then enter your email address and complete the form on the next page for your shipping information.

Edited to add, I chose the Blueberry White and will let you know what I think when it arrives.

http://languageoftheleaf.com/

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage --- Lao Tzo

Last edited by WolfyOne; 06-10-2010 at 07:12 PM. Reason: Added tea selection
WolfyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WolfyOne For This Useful Post:
Old 06-10-2010, 07:11 PM   #84
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

WolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieisafemme View Post
I need to try these tea sacs. Then I won't have to bring my rig when I travel. Are these the unbleached paper kind? Are they reusable? They have those for to go loose tea at Peet's.

If you go to the link Medusa put up in her first post for Todd & Holland and check the accessories, you'll see they come in 3 sizes. haven't really read what they're made of, but they are great for traveling. We usually buy the #2 because after we add tea, we can twist and knot it then toss it in a cup for steeping. Perhaps reusable if you don't knot it, but they come 100 to a pack, so cheap enough not to have to reuse.

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage --- Lao Tzo
Old 06-10-2010, 07:34 PM   #85
MsMerrick

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Feminist Femme....
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single and Singular....

MsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
My freebie site sent this to me and I thought since we're talking about tea, this would be a good place to share it.

Get a free tea sample - Language of the Leaf is offering a free tea sample. To receive this offer, enter your name on the lower left hand side of the page. Then enter your email address and complete the form on the next page for your shipping information.

Edited to add, I chose the Blueberry White and will let you know what I think when it arrives.

Thank you ! I am trying the Wedding Blend, which is also a White blend..
Btw they have Tea Filters also Which is what we were talking about, yes?
MsMerrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 07:45 PM   #86
MsMerrick

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Feminist Femme....
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single and Singular....

MsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieisafemme View Post
The Indian Tea is not Chai tasting. I am not a huge fan of Chai. It is very strong black tea that they mix with milk or cream and then you load in the sugar and they have these little mugs to drink it out of and it just the best.

I did not know that about Thai Iced tea!! I thought it was just from the natural tea color. I like it with those tapioca balls in it too. It is like dessert.
Well there's a number of Tea's from India, but perhaps you might just ask them sometime
My favorite way o f drinking any kind of Black Tea, is very strong with Milk or Cream I prefer a small amount of sweetener, but everyone is different : 0
Here's an interesting bit from Tea Chat, about someone trying to identify some Tea in India
http://www.teachat.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=13000

The tapioca pearl thing, is not something I have fallen in love with Its very popular here..in a lot of Asian places, Bubble Tea's, they are called. Ehh, its ok, just.. ..doesn't really grab me
My first recollection of Tea, was nice hot tea, that my Grandmother served, after we came down off a mountain, in the Adirondacks To this day, the hotter it gets, the more I crave hot tea, which many people find strange....
The Following User Says Thank You to MsMerrick For This Useful Post:
Old 06-10-2010, 08:04 PM   #87
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMerrick View Post

You're quite welcome

I'll have to look at theirs because I already know what the other ones look like
I suppose if I like their tea and place and order, I'll see what the difference is.

I just looked at their filters and it looks like they only come in one size.
Much more expensive than the ones I get from T & H

Last edited by WolfyOne; 06-10-2010 at 08:07 PM. Reason: checked tea bag pricing and added content to post
Old 06-10-2010, 09:29 PM   #88
Lynn

How Do You Identify?:
Unabashed Feminine Lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her, She
Relationship Status:
Married!

Thanked 2,416 Times in 504 Posts
Lynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST Reputation

I like Earl Grey in a nice pottery mug with milk and honey. Good Earth tea, as Freckle-K posted, is naturally sweet and spicy. Brewed really strong, it's great in the morning, and nice over ice, too. We recently bought Bigelow black tea with berry and used it to make sun tea--it was really fruity and mellow. Drinking hot tea from small glasses with sugar cubes reminds me of my grandmother. After dinner, tea in a fancy porcelain cup with a floating lemon slice reminds me of my (beloved) former in-laws.

I'm a big fan of medicinal teas. When I was pregnant, I found nausea relief from raspberry leaf tea and ginger tea. I give my daughter valerian tea when she is restless. Most recently, I gave the cat peppermint tea, a few drops at a time, when he was sick to his kitty stomach. It was amazing how quickly he responded.

I'm not a tea expert, but I do love it. Tea is something to savor, not rush through. Thank you for sharing all the information and the links!
that love costs all we are
and will ever be.
Yet it is only love
which sets us free.

Maya Angelou

Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lynn For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2010, 09:08 AM   #89
Fancy

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
N/A

Thanked 7,096 Times in 2,322 Posts
Fancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

Quote:
Ah a friend sent me a sampling of the Wedding Blend and it has been a big hit. Thanks for posting the site information!
Fancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 10:03 PM   #90
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,872 Times in 7,835 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

Sunday night tea treat - Teavana Mate Vana. It has a lovely creamy undertone and hints of nutty, chocolatey goodness. A nice medium black tea flavor.

And I have to make a confession. I treated myself this weekend to a mini-shopping spree. After months of being crazy-frugal and not buying much of anything that was an extravagance, I celebrated my new raise and promotion with a trip to the brand new Teavana store at Park Plaza Mall.

I generally despise malls but the pilgrimage was worth it.
I ended up leaving with 9 bags of tea, 4 tea tins, a tea spoon, a 'perfect' one-cup teapot, and a biggo bag of german rock sugar.

If you have never been to a Teavana store, I recommend checking it out. They have about 50 different teas available at the store (maybe more?) and lots of free samples, teapots, etc.
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 06-20-2010, 10:06 PM   #91
Arwen
Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

Thanked 28,130 Times in 6,413 Posts
Arwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
Sunday night tea treat - Teavana Mate Vana. It has a lovely creamy undertone and hints of nutty, chocolatey goodness. A nice medium black tea flavor.

And I have to make a confession. I treated myself this weekend to a mini-shopping spree. After months of being crazy-frugal and not buying much of anything that was an extravagance, I celebrated my new raise and promotion with a trip to the brand new Teavana store at Park Plaza Mall.

I ended up leaving with 9 bags of tea, 4 tea tins, a tea spoon, a 'perfect' one-cup teapot, and a biggo bag of german rock sugar.

If you have never been to a Teavana store, I recommend checking it out. They have about 50 different teas available at the store (maybe more?) and lots of free samples, teapots, etc.
I'm so jealous! Sounds like you had an amazing time. I'm glad you treated yourself. You so deserve this.
Arwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 11:08 PM   #92
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post

I'm smiling while reading this.....thinking, next trip, I won't bring any tea at all. I may even find a Teavana tea or 3 I like and have yet another tea merchant I like.

Does this mean I helped turn you into an even bigger tea addict than you were before I brought my tea your way?

Old 06-21-2010, 07:13 AM   #93
MsMerrick

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Feminist Femme....
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single and Singular....

Well, our monthly Femme Tea, this month, was to celebrate my upcoming ( tomorrow) Birthday We went to on of my favorite places, Radiance Tea House which has some incredible Tea sets, Tea, and.. many many Books ! Also wonderful Hosts, who never fail to make one feel an honored guest I felt very warmed by the support of my Femme friends.. I had a Yellow Tea, something pretty new to me.. ! and something I mean to repeat ! Oh and one of the gifts ( I had said no gifts but.. ) was a GC to a lovely new place in NYC, I gather they started in Chicago, so others may know them.. but they are new to me.. Argo Tea shop and cafe . I had some lovely Tea, sandwich ( a tiny one ! ) and purchased some loose Tea that I had never had, called Carolina Honey Black Tea with the flavor of Honey & lemon
Have I ever mentioned how much I love Tea And Femme friends ; )
Old 06-21-2010, 07:15 AM   #94
MsMerrick

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Feminist Femme....
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single and Singular....

Oh and I did ask about contributing a Tea Basket.. One of our members, is going to the Reunion, and said she would be happy to help. Anybody else want to put that together? I can hook you up ( I can't attend or I would do it myself.. )
Old 06-21-2010, 08:37 AM   #95
femmennoir

How Do You Identify?:
femme, naturellement
Preferred Pronoun?:
Elle
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,223 Times in 478 Posts
femmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputation
Default A tisket, a tasket, a Reunion Tea Basket....

Quote:
Well, our monthly Femme Tea, this month, was to celebrate my upcoming ( tomorrow) Birthday
Happy Birthday, Merrick, and I am sorry I did not make it to the June Birthday Tea! I love Radiance! I will see you tonight at Queer Knitting NYC, and I would contribute something to a Tea Basket! Who is going to the reunion?

Elle*, who HAD to order more of the Green Chai from Adagio, because it has become an afternoon addiction!
femmennoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 08:53 AM   #96
MsMerrick

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Feminist Femme....
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single and Singular....

Quote:
Originally Posted by femmennoir View Post
Happy Birthday, Merrick, and I am sorry I did not make it to the June Birthday Tea! I love Radiance! I will see you tonight at Queer Knitting NYC, and I would contribute something to a Tea Basket! Who is going to the reunion?

Elle*, who HAD to order more of the Green Chai from Adagio, because it has become an afternoon addiction!
Amy Not sure what her name on here is.....
Old 07-07-2010, 08:33 PM   #97
2myladyblue

How Do You Identify?:
Goddess
Preferred Pronoun?:
...oui?
Relationship Status:
Worshipped

2myladyblue Has the BEST Reputation2myladyblue Has the BEST Reputation2myladyblue Has the BEST Reputation2myladyblue Has the BEST Reputation2myladyblue Has the BEST Reputation2myladyblue Has the BEST Reputation2myladyblue Has the BEST Reputation2myladyblue Has the BEST Reputation2myladyblue Has the BEST Reputation2myladyblue Has the BEST Reputation2myladyblue Has the BEST Reputation
Default ...bump...

Elixir de Vie
Earl Grey tea adds depth to this fruity virgin cocktail of apple juice, blackberries and raspberries.

Ingredients:
Pinch of loose-leaf Earl Grey tea
4 oz (120 mL) apple juice
3 raspberries
3 blackberries
1 oz (30 mL) lemon juice
2 tsp (10 mL) vanilla simple syrup

Directions:
In a cocktail glass, combine tea and apple juice. Let tea steep into the apple juice until the flavor has been fully extracted (approximately 30 minutes). In a shaker, muddle berries, then add lemon juice and vanilla simple syrup. Strain tea and apple juice into shaker and fill with ice. Shake well and serve straight up in a martini glass. Garnish with edible rose petals or berries. Serves one.

~LadyBlue
Old 07-09-2010, 08:51 AM   #98
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,872 Times in 7,835 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2myladyblue View Post
Elixir de Vie
Earl Grey tea adds depth to this fruity virgin cocktail of apple juice, blackberries and raspberries.

Ingredients:
Pinch of loose-leaf Earl Grey tea
4 oz (120 mL) apple juice
3 raspberries
3 blackberries
1 oz (30 mL) lemon juice
2 tsp (10 mL) vanilla simple syrup

Directions:
In a cocktail glass, combine tea and apple juice. Let tea steep into the apple juice until the flavor has been fully extracted (approximately 30 minutes). In a shaker, muddle berries, then add lemon juice and vanilla simple syrup. Strain tea and apple juice into shaker and fill with ice. Shake well and serve straight up in a martini glass. Garnish with edible rose petals or berries. Serves one.

~LadyBlue

This sounds like something I need to be trying this weekend
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 09:01 AM   #99
Chancie

How Do You Identify?:
queer femme-inist
Relationship Status:
I'm lucky.

1 Highscore

Thanked 14,389 Times in 2,680 Posts
Chancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST Reputation

I used to love Good Earth Original, but the last time I had it, I read the ingredients:

Quote:
Originally Posted by http://www.goodearthteas.com/index.html
Black tea, natural flavor, rosehips, cinnamon, chamomile, lemongrass, peppermint, papaya, jasmine tea, anise seed, ginger root, orange peel and orange oil. Contains no sugar, artificial flavors, colors or preservatives. A natural source of antioxidants.
Does anyone have any idea what 'natural flavor' means? Sometimes it means MSG, and it's the second ingredient in the list, which means there is more of it than every other ingredient besides the black tea.
Chancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 09:29 AM   #100
femmennoir

How Do You Identify?:
femme, naturellement
Preferred Pronoun?:
Elle
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,223 Times in 478 Posts
femmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputation

New York Femmes Tea Circle is getting a few things together for the tea basket for the reunion! We will bring them to our July tea for Amy to take with her. We are all trying to decide what to include, although there will be plenty of tea, of course! Maybe some homemade jams, jellies, or cookies too! I am looking through my antique tea linens to see. It would help if we knew what colour/style the teapot is! Do you already have cups? Inquiring minds are dying to know!
Elle* and the Femmes Tea Gang
And your heart, as it was then, will be on fire.

Anna Akhmatova "White nights"
femmennoir is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to femmennoir For This Useful Post: