Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 01-07-2011, 08:57 AM   #1
Lillie

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl,princess,her, that girl, she! but mostly just "babygirl"
Relationship Status:
single

Lillie Has the BEST ReputationLillie Has the BEST ReputationLillie Has the BEST ReputationLillie Has the BEST ReputationLillie Has the BEST ReputationLillie Has the BEST ReputationLillie Has the BEST ReputationLillie Has the BEST ReputationLillie Has the BEST ReputationLillie Has the BEST ReputationLillie Has the BEST Reputation
Default HCG Diet

I didn't see a thread on this so I thought I would start one since I began my first round this morning. I have watched over the past year 5 of my friends lose an amazing amount of weight on this diet..It is intense but time after time I have seen the results...

My partner and I started this morning..two of my co workers also began it today and we will all be doing it together.. I am excited because I get support at home and at work!..Our cook at work is amazing when he knows we are on diets...he accomodates us graciously. (my 2 work friends are on their round 2 of this diet) anyway..wish us luck!..If I am brave enough I will post b4 (today) and after (26 days later) photo of myself. Its hard when your are looking in the mirror and the woman looking back at you is not who you see or feel is inside of you...

day 1..loading on all sorts of fattening foods..so far this isnt that bad (you load for 3 days) then start the 500 calorie intake!

anyone else try or have success on this? please let me know your experience

have a blessed day
Lillie

The most expensive jewels I ever wore around my neck was my child's arms

Lillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 09:10 AM   #2
Mister Bent

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 5,829 Times in 1,721 Posts
Mister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST Reputation
Default Admittedly, I am not an advocate of the "quick-fix."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillie View Post
I didn't see a thread on this so I thought I would start one since I began my first round this morning. I have watched over the past year 5 of my friends lose an amazing amount of weight on this diet..It is intense but time after time I have seen the results...

My partner and I started this morning..two of my co workers also began it today and we will all be doing it together.. I am excited because I get support at home and at work!..Our cook at work is amazing when he knows we are on diets...he accomodates us graciously. (my 2 work friends are on their round 2 of this diet) anyway..wish us luck!..If I am brave enough I will post b4 (today) and after (26 days later) photo of myself. Its hard when your are looking in the mirror and the woman looking back at you is not who you see or feel is inside of you...

day 1..loading on all sorts of fattening foods..so far this isnt that bad (you load for 3 days) then start the 500 calorie intake!

have a blessed day
Lillie
Not trying to be a downer here, but I'm really not a fan of quick fix fad diets. The success of a "diet" can truly only be judged by it's long term efficacy. This sounds like another fad weight loss technique that employs generally unhealthy measures to attain results. But hey, if you're looking for quick, short term results, it might do the trick. Keeping it off over the long run is what really matters, and it doesn't sound like this is going to be the way to do it. 500 calories is a starvation diet, and soon your body will recognize this and lower its metabolic rate to use less energy, so I'm assuming this is a short term diet. Calories provide energy, which is only burned by the body's metabolism, which is why the best way to lose weight is to increase metabolic rate while controlling calories.

I know how difficult it is to lose weight, but that keeping it off is even more difficult. I applaud your efforts to make a healthy change (weight loss) but encourage you to try healthier, proven options (Like Weight Watchers) for long term goals. Meanwhile, good luck with this diet effort!

ETA: I tried to find some information and assume you are referring to the HCG Diet plan, which includes the drops. The website makes the claim you can lose 1 - 2 lbs a day. Again, this is only possible as a short term loss as the body dumps excess water weight and fat cells shrink. It is a medical fact that the safest amount one can lose, and keep off long term, averages 2 lbs a week. Which is why on long term healthy diet plans, you will have huge losses (4 or 5 lbs) some weeks, and others much less (.2 - 1 lb). Calculated over the long run, this often averages 1 -2 lbs a week.

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
- H. L. Mencken

Last edited by Mister Bent; 01-07-2011 at 09:15 AM. Reason: more info
Mister Bent is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Mister Bent For This Useful Post:
Old 01-07-2011, 09:14 AM   #3
Cowboi

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Holding My Red Circle

1 Highscore

Thanked 3,962 Times in 1,230 Posts
Cowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

have a blessed day
Lillie

Are you taking shots of HCG?(human chorionic gonadotropin)
Old 01-07-2011, 09:19 AM   #4
Sparkle

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, please
Relationship Status:
Loved Up

Thanked 6,617 Times in 1,559 Posts
Sparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST Reputation

Are you talking about taking HCG injections and then going on a 500-calorie a day restrictive diet?

I don't want to wee on your parade, but that screams dangerous fad diet and weight loss that will not last.

HCG itself is not approved by the FDA for weight loss.

snip/
“HCG is a hormone extracted from urine of pregnant women. It is approved by FDA for treatment of certain problems of the male reproductive system and in stimulating ovulation in women who have had difficulty becoming pregnant. No evidence has been presented, however, to substantiate claims for HCG as a weight-loss aid.”

Aside from all of the potential side effects of the injections themselves the 500-calorie a day diet is not sustainable; your body will most likely regain all that weight and more when you resume a normal daily routine (a normal HEALTHY daily routine).

I'd encourage you to read what the Mayo Clinic says about it:

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/hcg-diet/AN02091

snip/
"Although researchers have studied the HCG diet for years, no high-quality studies have shown that the hormone itself helps weight loss. Following any very low calorie diet is likely to result in weight loss, regardless of taking HCG. And the HCG diet can have drawbacks. Severe calorie restriction can make it hard to meet all of your nutritional needs. And rapid weight loss can lead to gallstones. Also, HCG can cause side effects, including headache, fatigue, irritability and male breast enlargement. And be careful about buying HCG products on the Internet — they might not be what they say they are.

Once you stop the HCG diet, you're likely to regain any weight you lost. The key to permanent weight loss is developing healthy eating and exercise habits — not following fad diets."
Old 01-07-2011, 09:22 AM   #5
Mister Bent

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 5,829 Times in 1,721 Posts
Mister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboi View Post
Are you taking shots of HCG?(human chorionic gonadotropin)

They offer it in a drop, but it's apparently offered as a shot or intravenously, as well. Meanwhile, HCG is recommended as a fertility treatment and is not approved by the FDA for weight loss purposes. It was discovered that this hormone aids in collecting adipose tissues from the body and converting it into calories. HCG also has an appetite suppressing effect, so of course someone had to exploit that by marketing in our glutted diet industry.

Some of the side effects include: headache, weakness, restlessness, depression and blood clots.

Think I'll stick with the gym.

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
- H. L. Mencken

Last edited by Mister Bent; 01-07-2011 at 09:24 AM.
Mister Bent is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mister Bent For This Useful Post:
Old 01-07-2011, 09:28 AM   #6
Cowboi

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Holding My Red Circle

1 Highscore

Thanked 3,962 Times in 1,230 Posts
Cowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Bent View Post

They offer it in a drop, but it's apparently offered as a shot or intravenously, as well. Meanwhile, HCG is recommended as a fertility treatment and is not approved by the FDA for weight loss purposes. It was discovered that this hormone aids in collecting adipose tissues from the body and converting it into calories. HCG also has an appetite suppressing effect, so of course someone had to exploit that by marketing in our glutted diet industry.

Some of the side effects include: headache, weakness, restlessness, depression and blood clots.

LoL me too!!!
Old 01-07-2011, 09:37 AM   #7
betenoire

How Do You Identify?:
Satan in a Sunday Hat
Preferred Pronoun?:
Maow
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,742 Times in 2,566 Posts
betenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Bent View Post

Haha. "Sure, when this blood clot gets loose and travels to my brain or my lungs I am completely fucked. But in the meantime at least I can fit into the ugly dress I wore to my highschool prom!"
Old 01-07-2011, 10:01 AM   #8
DomnNC
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him
Relationship Status:
Widow

Thanked 2,582 Times in 837 Posts
DomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by betenoire View Post
Haha. "Sure, when this blood clot gets loose and travels to my brain or my lungs I am completely fucked. But in the meantime at least I can fit into the ugly dress I wore to my highschool prom!"
You're right, you're fucked if a blood clot forms in the lungs cuz then it breaks loose and travels to the heart and it stops immediately with no chance of survival, tis what killed my wife 3 years ago.
DomnNC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DomnNC For This Useful Post:
Old 01-07-2011, 10:01 AM   #9
lipstixgal

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
coupled

Thanked 1,690 Times in 1,064 Posts
lipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputation

Are you taking shots of HCG?? I don't think I would like that!!
Old 01-07-2011, 11:34 AM   #10
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,958 Times in 13,923 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomnNC View Post
You're right, you're fucked if a blood clot forms in the lungs cuz then it breaks loose and travels to the heart and it stops immediately with no chance of survival, tis what killed my wife 3 years ago.
Sorry to hear this...What caused the blood clot in her lungs?

You should lose weight at about the rate you gained it.. not many people gain 1-2 pounds per day.. thats a week or 2 week healthy goal...

What annoys me about all of the issue surrounding diets it is that the core issues are not addressed.. the reason people overeat and gain are usually always connected with some emotional stuff, not because we are hungrly,
and until that is dealt with nothing will work.. that's why people that have had lapband or stomach stapling become obese after their initial weight loss....
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 01-07-2011, 06:14 PM   #11
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!

Thanked 14,401 Times in 4,049 Posts
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation

I would be dead before sunset on 500 calories

The best way to predict the future, is to create it.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post:
Old 01-07-2011, 06:21 PM   #12
DomnNC
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him
Relationship Status:
Widow

Thanked 2,582 Times in 837 Posts
DomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassy_girl View Post
Sorry to hear this...What caused the blood clot in her lungs?
Our PCP has no clue. She just had a complete physical, stress tests, heart tests, the whole works 2 months before it happened and was given a clean bill of health. It was just her time I reckon. It upset our PCP so much that he had to take time off work.
DomnNC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DomnNC For This Useful Post:
Old 01-07-2011, 07:04 PM   #13
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,783 Times in 25,667 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

have a blessed day
Lillie
Lillie, this is NOT healthy in any way, shape or form. Your body needs a base amount of calories to function. Forget any extra to stay on the hips or tummy. Every minute you stand, you burn 2-3 calories (average). Every minute you sit, you burn 1-2 calories (average). Now, there are 1440 minutes in the day. If you do NOTHING but sit the whole day, or even sleep, then 500 calories will not be enough to allow you to function.

You will lose weight on this. You will also put yourself in danger. You will get dizzy. I hope it's not while you are driving, because then you put others in danger. You will, if you continue it, probably pass out. Once again, I hope it's not when you are driving. Your body will begin to break itself down from the inside, using muscle to feed itself since you will not be. You might lose your vision. Temporarily if you stop the diet. Possibly permanent if you don't. Your body eventually will begin to shut down non-vital functions and then organs and then...

I am surprised that so many people would be participating in this. Surely, SOMEone in the group has some basic medical knowledge?

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-07-2011, 07:15 PM   #14
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Our PCP has no clue. She just had a complete physical, stress tests, heart tests, the whole works 2 months before it happened and was given a clean bill of health. It was just her time I reckon. It upset our PCP so much that he had to take time off work.

that is so sad, and scary.. sorry for your loss...
The Following User Says Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 01-07-2011, 07:16 PM   #15
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post

I am surprised that so many people would be participating in this. Surely, SOMEone in the group has some basic medical knowledge?
or BASIC common sense...
The Following User Says Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 01-07-2011, 07:19 PM   #16
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,783 Times in 25,667 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassy_girl View Post
or BASIC common sense...
I know the desire for a quick fix, especially with weight loss, is very strong in some folks. I do get that, but I too wonder how much thought was given to this before everyone jumped on board. It's scary to think about.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-07-2011, 07:31 PM   #17
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,797 Times in 3,940 Posts
Jesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST Reputation

I am sad to even see this diet or any like it posted on this website.
It IS Dangerous...someone will mess around with this and die.
“You’re so hard on yourself. Take a moment. Sit back. Marvel at your life: at the grief that softened you, at the heartache that widened you, at the suffering that strengthened you. Despite everything, you still grow. Be proud of this.”
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 01-07-2011, 07:33 PM   #18
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
I know the desire for a quick fix, especially with weight loss, is very strong in some folks. I do get that, but I too wonder how much thought was given to this before everyone jumped on board. It's scary to think about.
Yup and it makes you realize how easy it is to get rich in the world of fad diets...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 01-07-2011, 07:50 PM   #19
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,797 Times in 3,940 Posts
Jesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST Reputation

Yup, that's what killed my brother last March. Docs were on the phone with my Dad, told him my brother was fine and they were going to release him. 15 minutes later he called back saying he was dead. Seems a blood clot in his leg broke loose and traveled to his lung...killed him on the spot.

Quote:
“You’re so hard on yourself. Take a moment. Sit back. Marvel at your life: at the grief that softened you, at the heartache that widened you, at the suffering that strengthened you. Despite everything, you still grow. Be proud of this.”
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote