Old 03-19-2012, 02:38 PM   #21
princessbelle
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme ones

Thanked 30,503 Times in 5,201 Posts
princessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputation

Major hugs to you!!!!!

Many of us here know what it's like to feel that you don't fit in. I used to feel that way coming from a 17 year marriage to a bio man, knowing i was a lesbian but was a femme who liked butches. I felt so freaking alone in the world. It's not a good feeling. I found these sites and wow it felt good to find other peeps like me out there. Even if it is online, it's a start.

YOU are WELCOME here!!!!!! YOU have community here. Get to know the peeps on this site. You will find, for the most part, we are so open to all ways of thinking and loving and living and breathing and growing....

WE are glad you are here Larus.

Welcome Home!!!!!

Maya Angelou
princessbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to princessbelle For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2012, 06:10 PM   #22
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,770 Times in 25,661 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

to the Planet!!!

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2012, 07:42 PM   #23
Ginger

How Do You Identify?:
Femme lesbian

Thanked 12,309 Times in 2,057 Posts
Ginger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST Reputation
Default Not fitting in

Oh Laruss, I feel for you. It sucks to feel on the outside, not fitting in, judged unfairly.

If it's any consolation, I think most people feel that way at some point in their lives.

Take me, for example (you know that was coming, right? LOL) I often feel like I don't fit into various GLBT communities, though I adore and totally crush on big butch dykes.

Maybe you're like me, in that you'll always have a small but significant group of friends, and your connections with people will be based on elusive stuff that isn't visible at first, like your values, aesthetics, interests—not that sexual preference isn't a valid, heart-based common ground for community and friendship.

So hang in there, be yourself, and let your energy find other energy like it. You'll be just fine.
Ginger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Ginger For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2012, 07:49 PM   #24
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,872 Times in 7,835 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

Laruss!

You are exactly ok just the way you are and whatever way you have a relationship or have sex and whoever you choose to do it with of any gender is perfect just the way you choose it.

xo
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2012, 09:00 PM   #25
AlexHunter

How Do You Identify?:
With a greeting and a handshake, typically
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Single

AlexHunter Has the BEST ReputationAlexHunter Has the BEST ReputationAlexHunter Has the BEST ReputationAlexHunter Has the BEST ReputationAlexHunter Has the BEST ReputationAlexHunter Has the BEST ReputationAlexHunter Has the BEST ReputationAlexHunter Has the BEST ReputationAlexHunter Has the BEST ReputationAlexHunter Has the BEST ReputationAlexHunter Has the BEST Reputation

Hello and welcome! Plenty of people on this forum will not judge you. After all, many of us have been judged at different times, whether for gender presentation, following the B-F dynamic (which some sadly consider to be succumbing to a patriarchal society and conforming to gender roles), or a million other things that only the other members themselves can state for sure.

I've never had a problem with bi women. In fact, I have dated mostly bi women. I have't specifically sought them out or chased them - it just happened that way. There is usually a mutual appreciation between us and I have heard I am "best of both worlds."

I know you have received a good deal of questioning from others and felt singled out, but I hope you feel warm, fuzzy, and welcomed here.

"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars." -Oscar Wilde
AlexHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to AlexHunter For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2012, 02:36 AM   #26
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,646 Times in 3,985 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

laruss, diversity is as beautiful in any form it grows in.

I am a lesbian, partnered now with a man, born male but growing toward evolving as a mtf. I once was married to a bio male. i have dated trans men (ftms). I have predominantly been attracted to masculine energy but this person I am with is distinctly feminine. In behavior but not looks. So. There isnt a label you can put on this canned fruit...lol...but I mostly ID as lesbian because it is where my compass points. Tho depends on how I stand and where I look, my magnets take me many places...
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2012, 12:50 PM   #27
Red-Dragon

How Do You Identify?:
just me
Preferred Pronoun?:
hym/dude/him/bro
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Red-Dragon Has the BEST ReputationRed-Dragon Has the BEST ReputationRed-Dragon Has the BEST ReputationRed-Dragon Has the BEST ReputationRed-Dragon Has the BEST ReputationRed-Dragon Has the BEST ReputationRed-Dragon Has the BEST ReputationRed-Dragon Has the BEST ReputationRed-Dragon Has the BEST ReputationRed-Dragon Has the BEST ReputationRed-Dragon Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by laruss View Post
Thank you to everyone who responded. I do have a great group of friends who accept me for who I am, however in looking for that special someone it gets a bit tougher.

I realized last night that really I am not even bi, I really am pangender. Will this make it even more confusing?

I have never really understood the labels. My mother was married twice to men, then in two committed relationships with women. She had been in a relationship with a woman for 22 years when she died. My brother is a gay man so I have always been around all orientations. I always just thought of people as people. It's the person I fall in love with, not the outer package or their label.

That is not as acceptable out here in the real world. You must label and identify with said label. I don't... or I didn't until I found this new label, lol, now I can call myself pangender and confuse people even more.

I think I will check and see about what support groups we have here.

Thank you again to everyone who responded.
i agree with you to fall in love with the person not the label thats how i truely see it but the whole label thing gets me confused so i see it as fall for the person inside and out ignore the label. i'm going to be a odd ball *salutes* welcome to the planet like everyone else says. pssst...p.s. there are places in alberta just gotta find em i heard google is best to find stuff again welcome to the planet
Red-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Red-Dragon For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2012, 04:11 PM   #28
Beloved

How Do You Identify?:
alive
Preferred Pronoun?:
um
Relationship Status:
married

Thanked 1,653 Times in 298 Posts
Beloved Has the BEST ReputationBeloved Has the BEST ReputationBeloved Has the BEST ReputationBeloved Has the BEST ReputationBeloved Has the BEST ReputationBeloved Has the BEST ReputationBeloved Has the BEST ReputationBeloved Has the BEST ReputationBeloved Has the BEST ReputationBeloved Has the BEST ReputationBeloved Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Thank you for this post, Laruss. I am brand new here (even though I must have registered some time ago, just forgot about it). I don't really identify as "bisexual." But I went through many years dating only butch women. The last relationship was very dysfunctional and verbally abusive. We split up. Then I dated a man and *gasp* many people in the butch-femme community were horrified! It really hurt. Bad. And it still does. Actually, my straight friends were supportive of me no matter who I was with. And now I am single again, and I really am attracted to butch women (more than I am to bio-men) and I feel so hesitant to try to connect with this community because I feel I may be unwelcome.
Beloved is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Beloved For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2012, 05:31 PM   #29
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

On this site, you are welcome, the Planet is the only site that welcomes diversity in all our colors. So put your fears to rest and get postin'.
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2012, 06:19 PM   #30
pajama

How Do You Identify?:
Klingon
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 7,480 Times in 1,809 Posts
pajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputation

Welcome Laruss.

As everyone has said, I think you will find the planet very accepting of who you are, as long as you are yourself. I have many dear friends on here, and I am about as confusing as they come. I'm a little butch, a little femme, a little freak, bi-sexual, although I haven't dated a man in 16 years, love the T-guys, and the curvy femmes. There confused yet? And yet, I am welcome every time I come on here or interact with people from this sight in real time.

You be you, and true friends and compatriots will come along.

A
pajama is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pajama For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2012, 11:45 PM   #31
ChainerBoi

How Do You Identify?:
Queer/boi
Preferred Pronoun?:
he/him
Relationship Status:
Captivity

ChainerBoi Has the BEST ReputationChainerBoi Has the BEST ReputationChainerBoi Has the BEST ReputationChainerBoi Has the BEST ReputationChainerBoi Has the BEST ReputationChainerBoi Has the BEST ReputationChainerBoi Has the BEST ReputationChainerBoi Has the BEST ReputationChainerBoi Has the BEST ReputationChainerBoi Has the BEST ReputationChainerBoi Has the BEST Reputation

I'll second that. Welcome.
ChainerBoi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ChainerBoi For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2013, 12:43 AM   #32
~baby~doll~

How Do You Identify?:
femme-bottom, lesbian, queer
Preferred Pronoun?:
feminine ones
Relationship Status:
Leather polyamorous family

Thanked 2,855 Times in 905 Posts
~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation

The letters LGBTQ are really great. They identify us as a community or do they.
The answer would better be said they identify us as Lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer. Letters are being added to further divide us. It is a shame. I much prefer the term Queer as it includes us all. In a song by Sophie B. Hawkins she says:

We are one body
We are one spirit
One breath
One dream of life and death
One god
One sex

The bold is what queer makes us. We are one body and you certainly fit into the queer community.
Uh Huh Her
~baby~doll~ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ~baby~doll~ For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2013, 11:29 PM   #33
Girl_On_Fire

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her
Relationship Status:
On Hiatus

Thanked 2,683 Times in 562 Posts
Girl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST Reputation

I both dated and slept with biological men until I came out a little over 10 years ago. I've been told by lesbians I'm not a "true lesbian". When I tell people I'm attracted to male-identified butches and trans men then I really get looks like, "Why don't you just date men?"

*shakes head* I love who I love.

Finding and being comfortable in the identity of "queer femme" took time. I still accept the blanket term of "lesbian" just for the sake or argument avoidance but I know fully who I am and who I'm attracted to.

I think eventually humanity will move into a place where gender isn't as much the consideration it is now. It's an evolutionary process. Right now, there's too much "us versus them" across the board.
Old 04-29-2013, 05:42 PM   #34
TheMerryFairy

How Do You Identify?:
Pansexual/Sapiosexual femmey dyke who likes to crossdress now and then
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her OR ze if I'm crossdressing
Relationship Status:
Floating and walking My path, happy in life.

Thanked 8,694 Times in 2,987 Posts
TheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Thank you to everyone who responded. I do have a great group of friends who accept me for who I am, however in looking for that special someone it gets a bit tougher.

I realized last night that really I am not even bi, I really am pangender. Will this make it even more confusing?

I have never really understood the labels. My mother was married twice to men, then in two committed relationships with women. She had been in a relationship with a woman for 22 years when she died. My brother is a gay man so I have always been around all orientations. I always just thought of people as people. It's the person I fall in love with, not the outer package or their label.

That is not as acceptable out here in the real world. You must label and identify with said label. I don't... or I didn't until I found this new label, lol, now I can call myself pangender and confuse people even more.

I think I will check and see about what support groups we have here.

Thank you again to everyone who responded.
I am pansexual, so I certainly understand wheee you are coming from Laruss!!!! It can be difficult for people to understand . Often I notice that I am treated differently based on who I have chosen as a partner but I do feel like there is a really strong, supportive community right here. You, my friend, are more than welcome to message me anytime and I hope you feel the loving acceptance, as I have had, while you continue your journey to embrace yourself and your own expectations.
TheMerryFairy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TheMerryFairy For This Useful Post:
Old 04-30-2013, 02:15 AM   #35
JustBeingMe

How Do You Identify?:
as ME
Relationship Status:
I don't need no stinking status.

Thanked 1,691 Times in 694 Posts
JustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
As a bi woman who has been married (to a man) but who has been in love with a woman I find I have no place.
I enjoy men and women and always have. I find that the lesbian community considers me to be a fence sitter and I am not welcomed and the hetro community considers me maladjusted and doesn't want to know. Most men are okay if you are sleeping with other women, but most women are not okay with you sleeping with a man.

I find that I have no place and constantly feel like I am on the peripheral not really belonging anywhere.

So... my question then is, where do I fit in? And am I the only one who feels this way?

Where is my community??

Laruss, you've found your community right here, it's called the Planet, it's where we welcome you with open arms and will not judge you for who you choose to be with. I welcome you completely and with open arms. Come chat with us sometime in the chatroom, or feel free to post in the forums, there are tons of threads. .......pssst .........You be who you are and nothing else matters here.
Welcome to the Planet !!

Justy