Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Current Affairs/World Issues/Science And History

Old 10-09-2011, 09:24 AM   #201
SoNotHer

How Do You Identify?:
Professional Sandbagger and Jenga Zumba Instructor

Location: In the master control room of my world domination dreams
Thanked 4,736 Times in 1,409 Posts
SoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST Reputation

I am actually laughing out loud. Awesome :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UofMfan View Post
Old 10-09-2011, 12:02 PM   #202
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,830 Times in 3,200 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

this Supreme Court ruling may very well be the most salient ruling undermining the civil and human rights of our time. Large, public corporations won the keys to control every election in the US with this ruling. Which eventually will lead directly to the take over of this very Court by ultra right wing conservatism in the US.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tapu View Post
So I talked to individuals today who were part of the 99%, or however they identified themselves, protest. The signs the group held were mainly directed at stripping the corporation of the legal fiction "personhood."

I got a pointer to this documentary:

I haven't watched this yet, but I remember from Linguistics classes that the metaphor "The corporation is a person" is what allows, for example, a corp to make certain contributions to a political candidate or issue, same as a person. Interesting stuff.
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 10-09-2011, 12:58 PM   #203
SoNotHer

How Do You Identify?:

SoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST Reputation
Default Ferreting out the real news

Leave it to RT to put up the best coverage I've seen of the NY protest, the President's take on it, and the very clear message of it:

Old 10-09-2011, 01:42 PM   #204
JAGG
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
JAGG
Relationship Status:
=)

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,543 Times in 4,141 Posts
JAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by weatherboi View Post
Most people in this country who are under water or are in foreclosure are so because of criminally over inflated market values, predatory mortgages and unethical credit card companies. All mostly directed by banks, mortgage companies, and their regulators. People were given the illusion that they were living within their means by people throwing misinformation in their faces about the state of our lands market values. I bought my house at peak market value in foreclosure. It is now worth less than that foreclosure price. That is under water and a bad investment on the banks part...not mine. I love my house but if I am overpaying for it what is the point??? The market may never bounce back to what it was. Many other fiscally responsible people have chosen to walk away because of this and I think about it too.
Here is a good web-site you can check out.
http://www.makinghomeaffordable.gov/...ages/harp.aspx
Old 10-09-2011, 01:58 PM   #205
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Female/Lesbian/half the athlete I used to be
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Thanked 3,735 Times in 1,168 Posts
Dominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAGG View Post
The Making Homes Affordable Act is over. Even after it was given an extension. The rules to qualify were so rigid, only 20% of the people who applied actually qualified. And,
60% of the money made available to help, went unused.

I was trying to find the link. I just read this yesterday. I was quite shocked to read it too. People were calling it the Obama refinance. Basically, lenders were under no obligation to co-operate, so they didn't. More of the same. I'll keep looking for the link
Dominique is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dominique For This Useful Post:
Old 10-09-2011, 02:54 PM   #206
weatherboi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Owned boy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hey boy!!!
Relationship Status:
counting freckles slowly under Her direction!!!

Thanked 12,558 Times in 2,992 Posts
weatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
my only comment to this plan is it was worthless for most!!!

The point to my post was not that i can't afford it, it is just the opposite.
The housing market has created many negative investments for responsible home owners.

Occupy Jax was successful. Of course there were negative reports about the amount of attendees. One councilman tried to have it moved the day of because it was hosted on in front of city hall. We have a Nor Easter coming through so torrential rain was had.
Old 10-09-2011, 03:06 PM   #207
UofMfan
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
A very happy Mr. Grumpy Cat

Thanked 18,937 Times in 4,705 Posts
UofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST Reputation
Default I love Alan Grayson!

UofMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to UofMfan For This Useful Post:
Old 10-09-2011, 03:18 PM   #208
Okiebug61

How Do You Identify?:
Light Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Hitched to Red

Thanked 5,381 Times in 1,245 Posts
Okiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST Reputation

I am enjoying the resurgence of "We the People". I only wish I lived somewhere that was protesting so I could join in.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Okiebug61 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-09-2011, 09:41 PM   #209
JAGG
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
JAGG
Relationship Status:
=)

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,543 Times in 4,141 Posts
JAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow band View Post
The Making Homes Affordable Act is over. Even after it was given an extension. The rules to qualify were so rigid, only 20% of the people who applied actually qualified. And,
60% of the money made available to help, went unused.

I was trying to find the link. I just read this yesterday. I was quite shocked to read it too. People were calling it the Obama refinance. Basically, lenders were under no obligation to co-operate, so they didn't. More of the same. I'll keep looking for the link
Heard about it on a radio commercial. I thought it was a new program of some kind. Didn't know it was old and useless. Wonder why they keep advertising it?
Old 10-09-2011, 10:35 PM   #210
SoNotHer

How Do You Identify?:

He makes some excellent points. Thank you for posting this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UofMfan View Post
Old 10-10-2011, 02:55 AM   #211
Silvy

How Do You Identify?:
Silvy

Silvy Has the BEST ReputationSilvy Has the BEST ReputationSilvy Has the BEST ReputationSilvy Has the BEST ReputationSilvy Has the BEST ReputationSilvy Has the BEST ReputationSilvy Has the BEST ReputationSilvy Has the BEST ReputationSilvy Has the BEST ReputationSilvy Has the BEST ReputationSilvy Has the BEST Reputation
Default I've never seen this before!

I am from the UK and I've never watched the news when reporting about demonstrations of US citizens against banks, hedge fonds, sharks and monsters. Thank you all for your courage and conviction to show us how we globally have to stand together, reaching out for more ethical values and moral consciousness in capitalism and business.
Silvy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Silvy For This Useful Post:
Old 10-10-2011, 04:47 AM   #212
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Female/Lesbian/half the athlete I used to be
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Thanked 3,735 Times in 1,168 Posts
Dominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Heard about it on a radio commercial. I thought it was a new program of some kind. Didn't know it was old and useless. Wonder why they keep advertising it?
Just like you Jagg, I connected to a link that was giving it props, then I hit the bad press. I think due to the lack of co operation by the lending institutions and all of the the red tape involved, it only set people up for more disappointment. I'm hoping they shut it down AS IT WAS, revisit it,
and come back with something better, since MONEY is left. I also read this housing crisis is the worst since the depression. Let's hope they realize a little less restraints will help!
Dominique is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dominique For This Useful Post:
Old 10-10-2011, 07:56 AM   #213
persiphone
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
on a hedonistic hiatus

Thanked 1,565 Times in 380 Posts
persiphone Has the BEST Reputationpersiphone Has the BEST Reputationpersiphone Has the BEST Reputationpersiphone Has the BEST Reputationpersiphone Has the BEST Reputationpersiphone Has the BEST Reputationpersiphone Has the BEST Reputationpersiphone Has the BEST Reputationpersiphone Has the BEST Reputationpersiphone Has the BEST Reputationpersiphone Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebon View Post
This guy is awesome. This was an interview meant to make fun of the protestors but he schooled the dude.

awesome vid
persiphone is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to persiphone For This Useful Post:
Old 10-10-2011, 08:04 AM   #214
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,790 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebon View Post
This guy is awesome. This was an interview meant to make fun of the protestors but he schooled the dude.

Wow! Wow! Awesomely articulate man!! Thanks for posting the vid Ebon!

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 08:12 AM   #215
persiphone
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
on a hedonistic hiatus

persiphone Has the BEST Reputationpersiphone Has the BEST Reputationpersiphone Has the BEST Reputationpersiphone Has the BEST Reputationpersiphone Has the BEST Reputationpersiphone Has the BEST Reputationpersiphone Has the BEST Reputationpersiphone Has the BEST Reputationpersiphone Has the BEST Reputationpersiphone Has the BEST Reputationpersiphone Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoNotHer View Post
Leave it to RT to put up the best coverage I've seen of the NY protest, the President's take on it, and the very clear message of it:

clearly i'm going to have to just stop here for my Occupy news fix thanks everyone!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to persiphone For This Useful Post:
Old 10-10-2011, 09:39 AM   #216
theoddz

How Do You Identify?:
Old Poop
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mr. Beast
Relationship Status:
Happily Married

Thanked 9,885 Times in 2,481 Posts
theoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I love me some Dennis Kucinich. We need a few more good Progressive Independents like this guy and Bernie Sanders in office.

~Theo~
Old 10-10-2011, 09:40 AM   #217
Novelafemme
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 8,925 Times in 1,834 Posts
Novelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoddz View Post
I love me some Dennis Kucinich. We need a few more good Progressive Independents like this guy and Bernie Sanders in office.

~Theo~
If I could triple like this I would!!! The man is amazing. And his wife isn't hard on the eyes either.
Novelafemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Novelafemme For This Useful Post:
Old 10-10-2011, 12:38 PM   #218
Ebon

How Do You Identify?:
With my souls eyes.
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
lol

Thanked 11,144 Times in 2,755 Posts
Ebon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST Reputation

I'm a Soul Rebel

http://wannabereverend.wordpress.com/

Spirituality is not a belief system or ideology, it is the surrender of one's ego to the infinite wisdom and knowledge that is the universe.
Ebon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ebon For This Useful Post:
Old 10-10-2011, 12:54 PM   #219
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,830 Times in 3,200 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoddz View Post

~Theo~
And Whew!= the district redraws in OH did not take him out of office.
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 01:20 PM   #220
persiphone
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
on a hedonistic hiatus

http://news.yahoo.com/anonymous-hack...150513737.html

so realistically, what would happen if hackers wiped out the stock exchange?