Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 03-10-2010, 03:15 AM   #201
Ashton

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
Masculine
Relationship Status:
retired

Thanked 1,528 Times in 461 Posts
Ashton Has the BEST ReputationAshton Has the BEST ReputationAshton Has the BEST ReputationAshton Has the BEST ReputationAshton Has the BEST ReputationAshton Has the BEST ReputationAshton Has the BEST ReputationAshton Has the BEST ReputationAshton Has the BEST ReputationAshton Has the BEST ReputationAshton Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default Pork Chops with Dried Cherry Sauce

4 (6-oz.) boneless center-cut pork chops (3/4 inch thick)
1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 cup ruby port or cherry juice
1/3 cup dried cherries
1 1/2 tablespoons raspberry preserves
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
2 sprigs fresh thyme
1 tablespoon unsalted butter, chilled

1. Sprinkle pork with 1/4 teaspoon each of the salt and pepper. Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Cook pork 8 minutes or until golden brown and internal temperature reaches 145°F., turning once. Remove pork; cover loosely with foil.

2. Add port, cherries, preserves, mustard and thyme to skillet. Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring to scrape up any browned bits from bottom of skillet; boil 1 minute. Reduce heat to medium; simmer 5 to 8 minutes or until syrupy, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.

3. Whisk in butter, any accumulated juices from pork and remaining 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Serve over pork chops.

4 servings

"Judge not that ye be not judged."
"Do Unto Other that ye would have done unto thy"

See My Photography here
[IMG]
Ashton is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ashton For This Useful Post:
Old 03-10-2010, 06:30 AM   #202
morningstar55

How Do You Identify?:
femme,she
Preferred Pronoun?:
she,her,
Relationship Status:
very single

Thanked 4,241 Times in 1,845 Posts
morningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
brandy

Alcoholic beverage distilled from wine or a fermented fruit mash. The name comes from the Dutch brandewijn, "distilled wine." Most brandies are aged and contain about 50% alcohol by volume. Some are darkened with caramel. They are usually served alone as after-dinner drinks but are sometimes used in mixed drinks or dessert dishes or as fuel in flamed dishes such as crêpes suzettes and cherries jubilee. They are also used as the base of various liqueurs. The finest brandy is usually thought to be French cognac.

Schnaps in German-speaking regions
German Schnaps is clear, colorless, and has a light fruit flavor. It is distilled from fermented fruit, is bottled with no added sugar, and normally contains about 40% ABV (80 proof).

American schnapps are alcoholic beverages that are produced by mixing neutral grain spirit with fruit flavors or with other flavors. This mixture is then bottled with added sugar and (usually) glycerine, producing a smooth, syrup-like drink. Their alcohol content can be anywhere between 15% and 50% ABV (30–100 proof).

lol wow ty .. AShton .... hmmmmm
i like cooking with wine sometimes, and sometimes beer..... more so wine
and have some recipes i'd like to try that requires brandy's, just wonder'd what the difference was with the schnabbs.... i am guessing the brandys would be best.
I do know..... butter scotch schnabbs now taste awsome... drizzled on cookie dough ice cream.. lol

life is to short to wake up in the morning with regrets
so love the people who treat you right,
forget about the ones who dont,
and believe that everything happens for a reason.
If you get a chance take it... if it changes your life let it.
morningstar55 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to morningstar55 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-10-2010, 10:26 AM   #203
Ashton

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
Masculine
Relationship Status:
retired

Ashton Has the BEST ReputationAshton Has the BEST ReputationAshton Has the BEST ReputationAshton Has the BEST ReputationAshton Has the BEST ReputationAshton Has the BEST ReputationAshton Has the BEST ReputationAshton Has the BEST ReputationAshton Has the BEST ReputationAshton Has the BEST ReputationAshton Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by morningstar55 View Post

lol wow ty .. AShton .... hmmmmm
i like cooking with wine sometimes, and sometimes beer..... more so wine
and have some recipes i'd like to try that requires brandy's, just wonder'd what the difference was with the schnabbs.... i am guessing the brandys would be best.
I do know..... butter scotch schnabbs now taste awsome... drizzled on cookie dough ice cream.. lol
Ok not nice now I have to test this out!!

Im partial to peach schnapps over home made peaches n cream or Kaluhua over Parlines and creme ice cream.

I recently discovered that peppermint schnapps is just lovely in hot chocolate!!

See My Photography here
[IMG]
Old 03-12-2010, 01:13 AM   #204
Ashton

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
Masculine
Relationship Status:
retired

Member Photo Albums
Default In honor of St Paddy's Day!!

Appetizer -- Potted Cheese
6 oz. Cheddar Cheese
One third cup butter
2 Tbsp. port or sherry
5 green onions, finely chopped
1 tsp. caraway seeds
2 tsp. dry mustard
1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
One third cup walnuts, chopped

Finely grate cheese into a bowl. Add softened butter and mix well. Stir in port or sherry, green onions, caraway seeds, mustard and Worcestershire sauce. Mix well. Scoop mixture into a serving bowl. Cover with walnuts and press walnuts down lightly. Refrigerate for at least three hours. Serve with crackers and Melba toast.

The Skinny: You can probably get away with light cheese in this recipe. If you don’t want to use alcohol then just leave out the port or sherry.

Main Course -- Corned Beef
1 corned beef brisket (about 4 pounds)
Prepared mustard
1 Tbsp. red pepper flakes
1 Tbsp. dried parsley flakes
2 Tbsp. vinegar
4 medium potatoes
1 large onion
1 medium head of cabbage

Trim excess fat from brisket. Spread mustard on top of beef. Sprinkle pepper and parsley flakes over the mustard. In this country a corned beef brisket usually comes with spices and juices in the package. Add the spices and juices from corned beef brisket package. Place meat in Dutch oven. Add vinegar and just enough water to almost cover meat, but don’t put in so much water that you cover the mustard and spice topping. Heat just to boiling and then reduce heat, cover pan and simmer for 2 to 3 hours or until meat is tender. Quarter potatoes and chop the onion and add both to pan. Cover and return to boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Core the cabbage, cut it into wedges and add to pan. Cover and cook for 20 minutes more until veggies are tender. Place meat and veggies on a platter and season with salt and pepper. I like to serve this with a little extra vinegar to be sprinkled on the cabbage.

The Skinny: Corned beef brisket has quite a bit of fat so take it easy on the portion sizes.

Dessert -- Chocolate Emeralds
1 and one quarter cups butter
One half cup cocoa
3 and one half cups confectioners’ sugar, sifted
1 egg, beaten
1 tsp. vanilla
2 cups graham cracker crumbs
One third cup green Crème de Menthe
1 and one half cups semi-sweet chocolate pieces

Combine one half cup of butter and cocoa in saucepan over low heat and stir until blended. Remove from heat and add one half cup sugar, egg and vanilla. Stir in graham cracker crumbs. Mix well and press mixture into the bottom of a 13 x 9 inch pan. Next, melt one half cup butter and pour into a small mixing bowl. Add Creme de Menthe and mix at low speed. While mixing, add 3 cups sugar until smooth. Spread this mixture over the first layer in the 13 x 9-inch pan. Refrigerate entire dish for one hour. While the dish is chilling, combine one quarter cup butter and chocolate pieces in a saucepan over low heat. Stir until melted. Remove pan from refrigerator and spread chocolate mixture over the mint layer. Return pan to the refrigerator for 2 hours. Cut into small squares and store in refrigerator until ready to serve.

The Skinny: Use your favorite egg and sugar substitute.

Grocery list
6 oz. Cheddar Cheese
1 and two thirds cups butter
2 Tbsp. port or sherry
5 green onions
1 tsp. caraway seeds
2 tsp. dry mustard
1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
One third cup walnuts, chopped
1 corned beef brisket (about 4 pounds)
Prepared mustard
1 Tbsp. red pepper flakes
1 Tbsp. dried parsley flakes
2 Tbsp. vinegar
4 medium potatoes
1 large onion
1 medium head of cabbage
One half cup cocoa
3 and one half cups confectioners’ sugar, sifted
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla
2 cups graham cracker crumbs
One third cup green Creme de Menthe
1 and one half cups semi-sweet chocolate pieces

See My Photography here
[IMG]
The Following User Says Thank You to Ashton For This Useful Post:
Old 03-21-2010, 05:09 PM   #205
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,872 Times in 7,835 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

Anyone have a tried and true for marsala?

I have a recipe that I have been using but its a little too soupy. I could try adding some corn starch but was wondering if anyone has a better recipe first
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 03-21-2010, 05:13 PM   #206
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation
Default From foodnetwork.com

1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, each breast cut crosswise into 3 pieces
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons olive oil
5 tablespoons butter, divided
3/4 cup chopped onion
1 pound cremini mushrooms, sliced
2 tablespoons minced garlic
1 cup dry Marsala wine
1 cup (8 ounces) mascarpone cheese
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley leaves, plus whole sprigs, for garnish
12 ounces dried fettuccine
Directions
Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper. Heat the oil in a heavy large skillet over high heat. Add the chicken and cook just until brown, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer the chicken to a plate and cool slightly.

While the chicken cools, melt 2 tablespoons of butter to the same skillet over medium-high heat, then add the onion and saute until tender, about 2 minutes. Add the mushrooms and garlic and saute until the mushrooms are tender and the juices evaporate, about 12 minutes. Add the wine and simmer until it is reduced by half, about 4 minutes. Stir in the mascarpone and mustard. Cut the chicken breasts crosswise into 1/3-inch-thick slices. Return the chicken and any accumulated juices to the skillet. Simmer, uncovered, over medium-low heat until the chicken is just cooked through and the sauce thickens slightly, about 2 minutes. Stir in the chopped parsley. Season the sauce, to taste, with salt and pepper.

Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the fettuccine and cook until al dente, stirring occasionally, about 8 minutes. Drain. Toss the fettuccine with 3 tablespoons of butter and season, to taste, with salt and pepper. Swirl the fettuccine onto serving plates. Spoon the chicken mixture over top. Garnish with parsley sprigs and serve.

Yes Yummy
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)

Last edited by Corkey; 03-21-2010 at 05:33 PM.
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 03-21-2010, 06:50 PM   #207
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Thanked 8,994 Times in 2,249 Posts
Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
Anyone have a tried and true for marsala?

I have a recipe that I have been using but its a little too soupy. I could try adding some corn starch but was wondering if anyone has a better recipe first
if you find out let me know. I tried cornstarch and felt it changed the taste. I think using cream and then a rue might work.
Old 03-21-2010, 06:55 PM   #208
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

today I was feeling icky and made a chicken broth with coconut milk, curry, lemon grass, celery and cilantro. I cooked organic chicken thighs, chopped, returned to broth and added shitaki mushrooms sliced. Finally organic somen noodles which is a very thin Japanese wheat noodle.

It was amazing. I actually made a huge batch and put some in the freezer. You can also use tofu or seiten.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sachita For This Useful Post:
Old 03-21-2010, 07:52 PM   #209
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,830 Times in 3,200 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sachita View Post
today I was feeling icky and made a chicken broth with coconut milk, curry, lemon grass, celery and cilantro. I cooked organic chicken thighs, chopped, returned to broth and added shitaki mushrooms sliced. Finally organic somen noodles which is a very thin Japanese wheat noodle.

It was amazing. I actually made a huge batch and put some in the freezer. You can also use tofu or seiten.
Oh, this sounds wonderful!!

AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 09:00 PM   #210
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtLastHome View Post
Oh, this sounds wonderful!!

yeah really was and super simple. fyi lemon grass is really easy to grow.
Old 04-08-2010, 10:19 PM   #211
Nina
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
unmistakably
Preferred Pronoun?:
dearheart
Relationship Status:
In love, loved and Happy, thanks for askin'

Thanked 3,383 Times in 931 Posts
Nina Has the BEST ReputationNina Has the BEST ReputationNina Has the BEST ReputationNina Has the BEST ReputationNina Has the BEST ReputationNina Has the BEST ReputationNina Has the BEST ReputationNina Has the BEST ReputationNina Has the BEST ReputationNina Has the BEST ReputationNina Has the BEST Reputation

tomorrow I am going to make: peanut-vegetable stew with green onion dumplings..

it's pretty straight forward and should be done with everything cleaned up in an hour at most...

I'm looking forward to it...and to sharing a home-coming dinner with my fella...even though it's gonna be a hard meal since he'll know when he is going to move out of state and all kinds of unpleasant real-life things...still, I'm not gonna starve him !! :)

and on we go...
Nina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 09:09 PM   #212
tiggs

How Do You Identify?:
femme submissive
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
married and collared to Converse

12 Highscores
Tournaments Won: 1

tiggs Has the BEST Reputationtiggs Has the BEST Reputationtiggs Has the BEST Reputationtiggs Has the BEST Reputationtiggs Has the BEST Reputationtiggs Has the BEST Reputationtiggs Has the BEST Reputationtiggs Has the BEST Reputationtiggs Has the BEST Reputationtiggs Has the BEST Reputationtiggs Has the BEST Reputation
Default Apple Pie cookies for darkcrystal

Apple Pie Cookies
These are soft and a little like cake but very yummy

Ingredients:

1 1/2 cups flour
1 cup oats (not quick oats)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 tsp allspice
1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup apple sauce
1 1/4 cups brown sugar, firmly packed
1 egg
2 medium sized apples peeled and chopped
1/4 cup milk
1 cup raisins or pecans (optional)

Vanilla Glaze: In a small mixing bowl blend 1 1/2 cups sifted confectioners' sugar with 1/4 teaspoon vanilla and 2 to 3 tablespoons of apple concentrate or juice (if you have apple cider concentrate around holiday time this is super yummy to sub in)

Preparation:

Bake at 375° for 10 to 14 minutes

Sift flour with baking powder, salt, cinnamon and allspice, add in oats. In a large mixing bowl cream butter, brown sugar and beat in the egg until well blended. Stir in half of flour and spice mixture, then stir in the apple and raisins or pecans if you choose to add them. Blend in milk, then remaining flour mixture.

Drop by rounded tablespoons, about 2 inches apart, onto non-stick baking sheets. While cookies are still warm spread thinly with Vanilla Glaze. Makes about 3 dozen apple pie cookies.
Old 01-03-2011, 11:13 AM   #213
citybutch

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
I answer to "hey you" (either works for me!)
Relationship Status:
19 years together- Very Married for 10 years

Thanked 1,195 Times in 355 Posts
citybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputation
Default Going to repost my recipe from last night...

Tonight's dinner is:

Tuscan Style Sauteed Chicken

1 chicken leg (per person), rinsed under cold water and patted dry
Salt and freshly ground pepper
1 large garlic clove (per person)
Some fresh rosemary leaves
Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling on chicken
1 large lemon, quartered (per leg)

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 375 °F (190°C).

2. In a large roasting pan, arrange the chicken legs skin-side down, but not cramped together. Salt and pepper both sides of the chicken well, leaving the chicken skin-side up. (Don’t skimp on the salt: you should be able to see it clearly on the meat but it shouldn’t look like a heavy snowfall.)

3. Smash the garlic cloves well and tuck one beneath each leg. Sprinkle the rosemary around the pan and again, don’t skimp. Drizzle some olive oil over all, squeeze fresh juice from the quartered lemons over all, and tuck the lemon pieces in among the chicken pieces. If the chicken legs are small, add a small slosh of water or wine (white or red) to the pan to maintain a little moisture until the legs begin to give up their own juices.

4. Place the pan in the oven and roast the legs for 50 to 60 minutes, checking the pan after 25 or 30 minutes. (If the meat is very lean you may need to add some more liquid to the pan so that the meat doesn’t get dry.) The chicken skin should be well browned and crispy; the leg joint should be loose. Test by grabbing one end of a drumstick with tongs and piercing the meat with a sharp knife: the juices should be clear, and when you cut into the meat it should fall off the bone.

Usually this chicken won’t require a sauce, but if your chicken is lean, you can deglaze the pan with a little wine or water, swirl in a little butter, and pour the reduced sauce over the meat. Let the legs rest for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.

I served this with Roasted Asparagus drizzled with Hollandaise Sauce and baby green salad with balsamic dressing. Lovely.

Take care of your body, take care of your health... You never know when the walls cave in and it all changes for good.
citybutch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to citybutch For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2011, 12:00 PM   #214
Arwen
Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

Thanked 28,130 Times in 6,413 Posts
Arwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST Reputation

Oh this sounds scrumptious. I'll be right over.
Arwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 01:46 PM   #215
SelfMadeMan

How Do You Identify?:
Transsexual Man
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:
Married to The Woman of My Dreams <3

Thanked 2,669 Times in 527 Posts
SelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST Reputation

Whodathunkit... this Harley ridin guy has discovered a passion for baking! I just put a coconut custard pie in the oven and cannot WAIT to try it! After I've sampled it and the Queen approves, I'll post the recipe here.
SelfMadeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SelfMadeMan For This Useful Post:
Old 02-24-2011, 02:38 PM   #216
Chancie

How Do You Identify?:
queer femme-inist
Relationship Status:
I'm lucky.

1 Highscore

Thanked 14,365 Times in 2,674 Posts
Chancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST Reputation

We are having a make-your-own pizza party tomorrow night, and maybe Saturday night too.

I bought ready made crusts and spagetti sauce and

We also have mozzarella cheese, pecorino romano, sweet Italian sausage, turkey pepperoni, frozen sliced onions and peppers, black olives, pineapple and mushrooms.

For dessert, I am baking bananas, and

We will serve the sweet warm bananas with vanilla ice cream and caramel sauce.

Pete got a great big bottle of wine for the adults.
Chancie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chancie For This Useful Post:
Old 03-10-2011, 12:12 AM   #217
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,667 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SelfMadeMan View Post
Whodathunkit... this Harley ridin guy has discovered a passion for baking! I just put a coconut custard pie in the oven and cannot WAIT to try it! After I've sampled it and the Queen approves, I'll post the recipe here.
How'd it turn out?

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2011, 11:24 AM   #218
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,872 Times in 7,835 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

Whole wheat flour!

Anyone use it regularly? How does it taste compared to its white cousin? Can you use it as you do white flour?
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 04:52 PM   #219
Bit

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme
Relationship Status:
married to Gryph

Thanked 3,772 Times in 1,264 Posts
Bit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
Whole wheat flour!

Anyone use it regularly? How does it taste compared to its white cousin? Can you use it as you do white flour?
It takes a little extra liquid, Dusa--the bran in it absorbs more liquid. "A little" means somewhere around a tablespoon for a couple cups, but it might be more, depending on the recipe. Have you read the King Arthur Flour blog? They have amazing recipes and a big stock of whole wheat recipes.

http://www.kingarthurflour.com/blog/

The website is huge but I mostly just read the blog; I understand they have a forum where you can ask questions, too.
Bit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bit For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2011, 05:18 PM   #220
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,667 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation
Default This is a winner at our house

Broiled Parmesan Tilapia

2 TBS parmesan cheese
1 TBS softened butter
2 1/4 tsp mayo
1 1/2 tsp fresh lemon juice (or bottled, as I use)
1/8 tsp dried basil
1/8 tsp ground black pepper
1/8 tsp onion powder
1/8 tsp celery salt
1/2 lb tilapia filets

1. Preheat broiler. Grease a broiler pan or line with foil.
2. Mix together all ingredients except filets.
3. Arrange filets in a single layer on prepared pan. Broil for 2-3 minutes and then flip filets to broil for another 2-3 minutes. Remove filets from oven and cover with parmesan mixture. Broil for 2 more minutes or until topping has browned. Filet flakes easily with a fork when done.

225 calories per serving. 12.8 g of fat. 63 mg of cholesterol.

*Changes*

I like to add a heaping TBS of feta to the cheese mixture and I don't have celery salt in the house now, so I use a sprinkle of sea salt and celery seed instead. I keep the measurements in the same ratio to one another but I rarely make that little an amount of sauce, as we tend to cook more than 2 filets at a time.

No matter what, this is a super easy recipe and it's fun to play with. Enjoy!

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:

Tags
beginner, cooking, gourmet, kitchen, recipes