Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > RELATIONSHIPS, COMMUNITY, GROUPS > Finding Your People - Special Groups

Finding Your People - Special Groups Are you a member of AA? Neurodiverse? a Vegan? Find your people here!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-01-2010, 06:53 AM   #1
Ursy

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
Engaged

Ursy Has the BEST ReputationUrsy Has the BEST ReputationUrsy Has the BEST ReputationUrsy Has the BEST ReputationUrsy Has the BEST ReputationUrsy Has the BEST ReputationUrsy Has the BEST ReputationUrsy Has the BEST ReputationUrsy Has the BEST ReputationUrsy Has the BEST ReputationUrsy Has the BEST Reputation
Default Neurodiversity

Sweet Violaine suggested I start up a thread much like the Hans Asperger's Bar and Grill on another site, so (finally), I am...

What I loved about the original thread is the absolute supportive atmosphere and the feeling of SAFETY and ACCEPTANCE, and I'd really like this theme to continue with this thread.

I hope that opening it up to all kinds of neurodiversity will only make it more wonderful and foster more acceptance and understanding between neurotypicals, and non-neurotypicals.

OK - to start, a little about me: I was diagnosed with Asperger's syndrome (part of the autistic spectrum) when my daughter was little (and diagnosed with the same), about 7 years ago. It can be seen as a blessing and a a curse - depending on the day I've had; sometimes depending on which hour in which day you catch me. There's no escaping it, I do process things differently to most of the people on the planet. Sometimes it makes life easier. Sometimes it makes life hell.

It certainly does make life interesting, and I am still working things out... slowly but surely. As I mentioned in the last paragraph, sometimes I get down (yes, very, very down) about being wired differently to most of the rest of the world. Other times I feel like I have an edge over the average person. I guess that's what this thread is all about. The place to come when you're feeling overwhelmed and misunderstood, and equally, the place to come when you're feeling like being "differently wired" is a cause for celebration!
Ursy is offline   Reply With Quote