Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2010, 03:49 AM   #201
Dreamer

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Relationship Status:
Dreams do come true...

Thanked 4,233 Times in 949 Posts
Dreamer Has the BEST ReputationDreamer Has the BEST ReputationDreamer Has the BEST ReputationDreamer Has the BEST ReputationDreamer Has the BEST ReputationDreamer Has the BEST ReputationDreamer Has the BEST ReputationDreamer Has the BEST ReputationDreamer Has the BEST ReputationDreamer Has the BEST ReputationDreamer Has the BEST Reputation

This is how we do it and you can even have karaoke

"Let your mind start a journey through a strange new world. Leave all thoughts of the world you knew before. Let your soul take you where you long to be...Close your eyes let your spirit start to soar, and you'll live as you have never lived before" ~Erich~
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dreamer For This Useful Post:
Old 09-10-2010, 05:14 AM   #202
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky, Raw, Perverted, Uber Queer Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:
Keeper of 3, only one has the map to my freckles

Thanked 80,119 Times in 15,678 Posts
The_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST Reputation
Question

Wow.

"Factory Direct Men"

Really????

Really"
"If you’re going to play these dirty games of ours, then you might as well indulge completely. It’s all about turning back into an animal and that’s the beauty of it. Place your guilt on the sidewalk and take a blow torch to it (guilt is usually worthless anyway). Be perverted, be filthy, do things that mannered people shouldn’t do. If you’re going to be gross then go for it and don’t wimp out."---Master Aiden

Old 09-10-2010, 06:25 AM   #203
Toughy

How Do You Identify?:
pervert butch feminist woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
see above
Relationship Status:
independent entity

Thanked 7,656 Times in 1,522 Posts
Toughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Lady_Snow View Post
Wow.

"Factory Direct Men"

Really????

Really"
You got a better term? I'm not using Dylan's favorite term that begins with a 'c'.
I will not assimilate

Old 09-10-2010, 07:19 AM   #204
Jess
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
decidedly indifferent
Preferred Pronoun?:
other

Thanked 5,702 Times in 1,684 Posts
Jess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toughy View Post

I really do think the conclusions of Olivia discriminates and excludes folks who don't meet their criteria of lesbian are exaggerated. I think it's exaggerated to expect all or most b/f/t folks will be treated like shit. 2 out of 3 stories told here report an excellent adventure/vacation.

Discouraging and pointing out you may be confronted seems smart to me. It means they know their demographics. I still do think they should expand their business model to offer at least one cruise a year that is trans and genderqueer friendly and advertise it that way. I don't think they have to include factory direct men in that model.
Couldn't agree more ! it would just make good business sense to offer different cruises that are inclusive of different folks within the community. I mean, they have already gotten the system of procuring boats ( still not a fan of the boat) and hotels/ resorts, so I would think either expanding or creating a sister ( no pun intended) company would be a win-win.

Maybe even call it "Oliver"..
Old 09-10-2010, 08:58 AM   #205
Admin
Administrator

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 5,634 Times in 1,013 Posts
Admin has disabled reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default *Moderation* - READ.

Alright folks -

This thread is completely out of control with the sideswipe comments, the snarky shittyness, and the myopic personal shit.

Toughy - Your comment about "factory direct men" is at the very least insensitive and at worst, Transphobic in this context. Please consider how that comment feels given the temperature of the thread.

Jess - Your comment about "Oliver" cruises is also insensitive and at worst, Transphobic.

Snow - Several of your comments have felt highly personal and rude. Please consider how your own interaction contributes to a negative space in this thread.

All - I am DONE with the snark, the shittyness, and the side-swiping. This thread is NOT in a Red Zone and you all have already been warned.
The next person who takes a swipe in this thread will receive an automatic 1-week time-out with no questions asked.

The personal swipes and shitty innuendos WILL stop or the time-outs will start being passed out like candy. The Moderators have been extremely patient with the behavior in this thread, hoping that it would self-correct, and yet folks have just rolled right on by.

ALL of us need to do our part to keep this thread and website a positive space.

Thanks,
Admin
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Admin For This Useful Post:
Old 09-10-2010, 09:22 AM   #206
Admin
Administrator

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 5,634 Times in 1,013 Posts
Admin has disabled reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default Apology

MountainStar,

We sent you a private message regarding this thread but haven't heard back. I wanted to personally extend an apology to you for the way this thread was derailed. We dropped the ball on not getting it back on track for you and hope that you will accept our regrets about not doing a better job with that.

We appreciate the members who made attempts to re-rail and will ask that folks who want to continue the discussion about the policies of Olivia Cruises do so in another thread.

Thanks,
Admin/Medusa
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Admin For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread