Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > BUTCHFEMMEPLANET.COM NEWS AND INFORMATION > Questions from Members/ Troubleshooting

Old 11-24-2009, 10:12 PM   #241
Kimbo

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Eligible Butchelor

Kimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admin View Post
Hey Kimbo,

It's fixed! There was an issue WAY down in the settings that needed to be redone. I thank you SO much for letting us know about this!
My pleasure...It's a bit of a peeve of mine. I really prefer to keep my pics private..well that is if I ever upload any.

I appreciate you not telling me to check my browser...I've been in IT for 20 years. If ya ever need any help I'm here, I'm just not a web guru.
Kimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 10:36 PM   #242
suebee

How Do You Identify?:
TOWANDA!
Preferred Pronoun?:
Queen Bee
Relationship Status:
Good 'n married.

1 Highscore

Location: Eastern Canada. But if I make a wrong turn at the lights I get stopped by a border guard.
Thanked 2,759 Times in 820 Posts
suebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotAnAverageGuy View Post
click the big bfp circle/bubble at the top, then on the right side look where it says gallery and click on it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linus View Post
Do you mean the gallery? http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/gallery/

It's on the main page..
Found it! (damned glasses!)
Old 11-24-2009, 10:38 PM   #243
NotAnAverageGuy
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Trans

NotAnAverageGuy is a jewel in the roughNotAnAverageGuy is a jewel in the roughNotAnAverageGuy is a jewel in the roughNotAnAverageGuy is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybersuebee View Post
Found it! (damned glasses!)
Yay I am glad you did
NotAnAverageGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 12:59 AM   #244
iamkeri1

How Do You Identify?:
femme woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

1 Highscore

Thanked 1,945 Times in 584 Posts
iamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputation
Default A wish regarding sex

Hi I have a wish. I wish that in the forum section, the sex part be separated from BDSM and kink. I am a very vanilla person, and have found it advisable in the past to just totally stay awayfrom BDSM theads. But I can talk about sex with the best of them. I also like a lot of things that most humans would consider kinky, but which do not involve bd ds or sm. Could we vanillainians get access to the sex discussions wihtout having to go into the BDSM threads? Pleeeeeeease?

No insult intended here for BDSM folks it just comes under the heading of "if you don't like it dont go there" for me. But I like sex ALOT.

Smooches,
Keri
iamkeri1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 02:50 PM   #245
Jess
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
decidedly indifferent
Preferred Pronoun?:
other

Thanked 5,702 Times in 1,684 Posts
Jess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST Reputation

Haven't read this whole thread, but perhaps a better stronger faster harder chat program? I know it's an add on so even if we get a better/ different server the chat will still lag/ get stuck.. do odd junk according to what some techy types have told me. We have a handful of morning coffee chatters that would love it!
Please note: this is not to say that all the lil bells and whistles of this chat aren't super groovy, they are, but if they come at the cost of lagging and losing parts of convos I bet we would gladly do without it

Thanks a heap! Happy Thanksgiving folks!!
Jess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 03:09 PM   #246
Bit

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme
Relationship Status:
married to Gryph

Thanked 3,772 Times in 1,264 Posts
Bit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selenay View Post

You can set it to a 40 page default in your user control panel and then in options.
{{{{{{{{{{{Selly}}}}}}}}}} Thank you, but I've already tried that. Any option other than "default" makes the server time out. It was mondo annoying last week, and I know from past experience that it's an issue with this particular software. (That's why I said, when the server is upgraded... I know that changing the default to 40 when the server is smaller will cause no end of misery for everyone.)
Bit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 03:14 PM   #247
Selenay

How Do You Identify?:
A soul for a compass and a heart for a pair of wings.
Preferred Pronoun?:
All I ask of living is to have no chains on me.
Relationship Status:
All I own are the strides I spend to the finish line.

1 Highscore

Thanked 1,449 Times in 369 Posts
Selenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bit View Post
{{{{{{{{{{{Selly}}}}}}}}}} Thank you, but I've already tried that. Any option other than "default" makes the server time out. It was mondo annoying last week, and I know from past experience that it's an issue with this particular software. (That's why I said, when the server is upgraded... I know that changing the default to 40 when the server is smaller will cause no end of misery for everyone.)

Really!

That's wild; I've had it on 40 since my first day of signup.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful
Selenay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 03:21 PM   #248
Bit

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme
Relationship Status:
married to Gryph

Bit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST Reputation

Ah well, Selly, thanks for trying! And who knows, maybe fast computers don't have so much trouble with it. I only have basic DSL, and these days that's nearly the equivalent of dial-up. *wry laugh*
Old 11-28-2009, 10:14 AM   #249
Boots13

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
No

Thanked 2,314 Times in 428 Posts
Boots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admin View Post
It's fixed! There was an issue WAY down in the settings that needed to be redone. I thank you SO much for letting us know about this!
Dear Admindusa ~
I was one of the ones who could view the gallery without logging in.
I love that you fixed the gallery thingie but now I can no longer view ANYTHING without logging in !!!

I get the error message requiring me to log in to view the forums page, or any page. I've tried
different angles, including rebooting my computer but I still get the "You must be Registered"

It's got to be something I'm doing on this end, though I cannot for the life of me figure it out !

Do you have any suggestions?
HELP !
Boots13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 10:17 AM   #250
Linus
The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boots13 View Post
Dear Admindusa ~
I was one of the ones who could view the gallery without logging in.
I love that you fixed the gallery thingie but now I can no longer view ANYTHING without logging in !!!

I get the error message requiring me to log in to view the forums page, or any page. I've tried
different angles, including rebooting my computer but I still get the "You must be Registered"

It's got to be something I'm doing on this end, though I cannot for the life of me figure it out !

Do you have any suggestions?
HELP !
IIRC, this was changed to require log in to view the forums and such. Or are you getting this when logged in?

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 10:41 AM   #251
Boots13

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
No

Boots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Hi Linus !
I'm getting this message before logging in...in the past I could read forums, etc without logging in but now when I try to read BFP Forums I'm advised that I must log in
and nothing shows except the registration mask ~
Old 11-28-2009, 10:44 AM   #252
Bit

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme
Relationship Status:
married to Gryph

That's not just you, Boots. It started yesterday, and now I can't read without logging in either. What it means is that when I click on an email link that ends in "newpost" it takes me to the post where I left off, rather than the last post in the thread... given that benefit, I'm not certain whether I really mind it or not.
Old 11-28-2009, 10:47 AM   #253
Ryobi

How Do You Identify?:
TG Stone Butch. Over all, I identify by living my life.
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/His

Thanked 1,238 Times in 357 Posts
Ryobi Has the BEST ReputationRyobi Has the BEST ReputationRyobi Has the BEST ReputationRyobi Has the BEST ReputationRyobi Has the BEST ReputationRyobi Has the BEST ReputationRyobi Has the BEST ReputationRyobi Has the BEST ReputationRyobi Has the BEST ReputationRyobi Has the BEST ReputationRyobi Has the BEST Reputation

I'm having the same problem as Boots13. Sometimes, I like to come on the site and just read. Up until a couple days ago, I could do that without logging in. Now, I have to be logged in before I can view just the threads. It tells me I don't have permission and must log in to view the pages.

I understand blocking access to the galleries, I even appreciate that. It's frustrating not being able to read without logging in though.

If people thinking about joining the site can't view the site in it's basic form, I think added members might come to a stand still? I doubt I would register on a site in order to see the site. I would want to see it first and then join if I wanted to. Just my .02 cents.

I'm hoping that this is not an issue with my system and you tell me my computer is a piece of !! LOL.

Thanks for all that you do, Linus.
Ryobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ryobi For This Useful Post:
Old 11-28-2009, 10:47 AM   #254
Bit

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme
Relationship Status:
married to Gryph

Whoa!! I just logged out, closed all windows, opened a new window and Googled us.

I could not even get into the site through the main Google link to the front page without logging in first. THAT does not seem like such a good thing, because it means no one can come surf and decide they like the site...
The Following User Says Thank You to Bit For This Useful Post:
Old 11-28-2009, 10:48 AM   #255
Boots13

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
No

Member Photo Albums

Bit and Ryobi, My thoughts too .
Old 11-28-2009, 10:49 AM   #256
Bit

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme
Relationship Status:
married to Gryph

LOL, Ryan, two minds with but a single great thought, there.
Old 11-28-2009, 11:07 AM   #257
Ryobi

How Do You Identify?:
TG Stone Butch. Over all, I identify by living my life.
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/His

Thanked 1,238 Times in 357 Posts
Ryobi Has the BEST ReputationRyobi Has the BEST ReputationRyobi Has the BEST ReputationRyobi Has the BEST ReputationRyobi Has the BEST ReputationRyobi Has the BEST ReputationRyobi Has the BEST ReputationRyobi Has the BEST ReputationRyobi Has the BEST ReputationRyobi Has the BEST ReputationRyobi Has the BEST Reputation

Bit. Boots13. It's a pleasure sharing head space with you.
Ryobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 11:14 AM   #258
Bit

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme
Relationship Status:
married to Gryph

*laughin* Tis a pleasure sharing headspace with the both of you, Ryan, Boots.
Old 11-28-2009, 12:04 PM   #259
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,872 Times in 7,835 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyrJess View Post
Haven't read this whole thread, but perhaps a better stronger faster harder chat program? I know it's an add on so even if we get a better/ different server the chat will still lag/ get stuck.. do odd junk according to what some techy types have told me. We have a handful of morning coffee chatters that would love it!
Please note: this is not to say that all the lil bells and whistles of this chat aren't super groovy, they are, but if they come at the cost of lagging and losing parts of convos I bet we would gladly do without it

Thanks a heap! Happy Thanksgiving folks!!
Hey Jess,

We are definitely going to scrap this chat program and install a new one. Although it is a cool program with all of the little bells and whistles, it has had crappy performance since day one.

Will let you guys know when we begin work on that

Thanks!
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 12:05 PM   #260
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,872 Times in 7,835 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bit View Post
Whoa!! I just logged out, closed all windows, opened a new window and Googled us.

I could not even get into the site through the main Google link to the front page without logging in first. THAT does not seem like such a good thing, because it means no one can come surf and decide they like the site...

It's only temporary
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post: