Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 11-10-2012, 12:59 PM   #241
Sun

How Do You Identify?:
Trans
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, him, his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 5,551 Times in 1,456 Posts
Sun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by easygoingfemme View Post
I do sometimes soak, but more from a nutrient perspective than making the cooking time go faster. (http://http://thenourishinghome.com/...mal-nutrition/)

The crock pot oats are so nice and the smell in the house in the morning is dreamy.

I usually make a big batch so it cooks better with the long slow cook. It reheats nicely on the stove top for a few days after.

So I usually do 2-3 c dry/soaked oats to 6-8 c liquid. I usually do half water and half almond milk. Add in your spices, and things like dry cranberries, raisins, dry apricots, etc. Give it a stir. Set on low and let it go for 6-8 hours.

Top with nuts, seeds, banana, etc.

I usually sweeten with a little bit of raw honey because we have bees and thus we have an abundance of honey. If I'm not using that though I like to stir in a little molasses or good dark maple syrup.
Fresh honey!! Oh you are living a charmed life!

“Lovers don't finally meet somewhere. They're in each other all along.”
― Rumi

Sun is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sun For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2012, 01:03 PM   #242
Miss Scarlett
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

Thanked 12,947 Times in 3,418 Posts
Miss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST Reputation

I love reading this thread but I swear my jeans are getting tighter...LOL
Miss Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Miss Scarlett For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2012, 03:32 PM   #243
Sun

How Do You Identify?:
Trans
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, him, his
Relationship Status:
Single

Sun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Scarlett View Post
I love reading this thread but I swear my jeans are getting tighter...LOL
Why Miss Scarlett, whatever do you mean? lol

― Rumi

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sun For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2012, 04:42 PM   #244
Greyson
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transmasculine/Non-Binary
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy (Pronounced He)
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,164 Times in 2,006 Posts
Greyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST Reputation

Does anyone have any recipes or ideas on what to do with dried cranberries?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Greyson For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2012, 04:46 PM   #245
~SweetCheeks~

How Do You Identify?:
femme-babygirl-brat
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Justin's babygirl

Thanked 3,254 Times in 646 Posts
~SweetCheeks~ Has the BEST Reputation~SweetCheeks~ Has the BEST Reputation~SweetCheeks~ Has the BEST Reputation~SweetCheeks~ Has the BEST Reputation~SweetCheeks~ Has the BEST Reputation~SweetCheeks~ Has the BEST Reputation~SweetCheeks~ Has the BEST Reputation~SweetCheeks~ Has the BEST Reputation~SweetCheeks~ Has the BEST Reputation~SweetCheeks~ Has the BEST Reputation~SweetCheeks~ Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyson View Post
Does anyone have any recipes or ideas on what to do with dried cranberries?
Dried cranberries are good tossed in a salad, also you can add them to oatmeal, or make some granola bars and add some of the dried cranberries. I always look up recipes online with the ingredients I have at hand.
~SweetCheeks~ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ~SweetCheeks~ For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2012, 05:21 PM   #246
ahk
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,579 Times in 2,649 Posts
ahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputation

You could also make a granola with them or add them to any quick bread recipes. Just last week I made pumpkin bread with dried cranberries & walnuts.
ahk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ahk For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2012, 05:51 PM   #247
Sun

How Do You Identify?:
Trans
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, him, his
Relationship Status:
Single

Greyson if you are making a pasta dish you can make a quick sauce with, butter, a little chicken or veg stock, garlic, pignoli nuts and dried cranberries. Add some parsley and a good cheese (Romano, Asiago).

Another idea is to make a sauce for poultry using Port Wine, orange juice and dried cranberries. You have to reduce the liquid way down to get a syrupy consistency but it makes a killer sauce.

― Rumi

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sun For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2012, 05:59 PM   #248
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,199 Times in 3,027 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

I like fresh or dried cranberries tossed into a balsamic reduction that gets poured over roasted brussels sprouts.

My daughter always puts dried cranberries in her brownies.

Always in the granola bars and oatmeal.

Hmmm, I have a recipe for a cashew truffle that I do with dry cherries, I bet you could do it with cranberries?

Chocolate Cherry Truffles.
• 3/4 cup raw cashews
• ¾ c cold water
• 16 oz semi-sweet dark chocolate chips
• ¾ c dry cherries
• 2 tbsp olive oil
• Additional chopped nuts and cocoa powder as needed/desired for coating.

Place cherries in a bowl of warm water to soak for about 5-10 minutes.
Place cashews and water into a food processor and blend well for 1-2 minutes until completely chopped and the mixture forms a heavy cream consistency. Remove cherries from water and add to cream in food processor. Blend another 30 seconds or until cherries are well chopped. (You’ll still have some chunks, you want that)
In a double boiler, heat 2 inches of water in the bottom pot and in the top, add in oil and dark chocolate. Heat over medium heat and stir consistently until chocolate is melted and smooth. Turn heat down and let chocolate cool for a minute or two.
Fold your cashew/cherry cream into the chocolate, stirring gently until incorporated fully.
Pour all of this into a container (glass is best) and pop into your refrigerator for about 2 hours. It will get nice and thick in there.
When you pull it out from the refrigerator, start to spoon out bite size amounts and roll them into balls. Leave plain or coat in cocoa powder and or nuts and serve.
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2012, 06:24 PM   #249
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,445 Times in 6,888 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

i discovered this fantabulous seasoning from Trader Joe's....

Trader Joe's Everyday Seasoning with Built in Grinder Use on Everything Everyday
Sea Salt,mustard Seeds, Black Peppercorns,coriander,onion,garlic,paprika & Chili Pepper

i copied the product description for accuracy as I am not home to check the ingredients...I have put this on everything from tater tots to tuna noodle casserole...and Im gonna try it on my popcorn....
cinnamongrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to cinnamongrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2012, 06:48 PM   #250
Teddybear

How Do You Identify?:
by my name
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, him
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 6,239 Times in 1,687 Posts
Teddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinnamongrrl563 View Post

Trader Joe's Everyday Seasoning with Built in Grinder Use on Everything Everyday
Sea Salt,mustard Seeds, Black Peppercorns,coriander,onion,garlic,paprika & Chili Pepper

i copied the product description for accuracy as I am not home to check the ingredients...I have put this on everything from tater tots to tuna noodle casserole...and Im gonna try it on my popcorn....
its good on everything
Teddybear is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Teddybear For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2012, 06:53 PM   #251
Sun

How Do You Identify?:
Trans
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, him, his
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:

Love Trader Joe's! That is my go-to place for staples.

Have you ever had their chicken apple sausage? It is really good. They also sell french green beans that are amazing and $1.99lb frozen. They have dried mango that I love. Especially the chili spiced mango (the chili is getting redundant with me, I know).

But perhaps the best "find" at TJ is the frozen pizza that comes directly from Italy. They contract with a pizza maker exclusively. Seriously, less than $5.00 and you are dining in Rome.

― Rumi

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sun For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2012, 06:55 PM   #252
Sun

How Do You Identify?:
Trans
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, him, his
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddybear View Post
its good on everything
Welcome to the thread Teddy!

I am going to have to look for that spice mix. Sounds like you all are eating well over there.

― Rumi

The Following User Says Thank You to Sun For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2012, 06:58 PM   #253
Sun

How Do You Identify?:
Trans
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, him, his
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
Originally Posted by easygoingfemme View Post
I like fresh or dried cranberries tossed into a balsamic reduction that gets poured over roasted brussels sprouts.
YUM! roasted brussel sprouts..totally changes the character when you roast them

― Rumi

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sun For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2012, 07:04 PM   #254
Sun

How Do You Identify?:
Trans
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, him, his
Relationship Status:
Single

Ok so now I know why my buddy Jim brought home 2 lbs of bacon following our bacon party conversation. Today he made a BLT sandwich and half a pound of bacon is gone!

His wife is so mad at him that she hid his car keys and told him to go "walk off the bacon". lmao

― Rumi

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sun For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2012, 07:21 PM   #255
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun View Post
Love Trader Joe's! That is my go-to place for staples.

Have you ever had their chicken apple sausage? It is really good. They also sell french green beans that are amazing and $1.99lb frozen. They have dried mango that I love. Especially the chili spiced mango (the chili is getting redundant with me, I know).

But perhaps the best "find" at TJ is the frozen pizza that comes directly from Italy. They contract with a pizza maker exclusively. Seriously, less than $5.00 and you are dining in Rome.

chili is NEVER redundant!
<<spice girl

a good find for me at least at TJs is their tortellini in a mushroom sauce with asparagus....cant remember what the name of it is...tried it as a sample and ended up bringing some home....amazing....makes a small dinner for 2 if you add a salad and a nice bread....
right now the stuff at TJs thats making me crazy is the fall bakies...gingerbread and pumpkin pancake mix oh myyyy!
im a fan of their sweet and tangy trail mix also...but the things I most look forward to there are....
1. free coffee samples...so far Honduran is my fave...but I'm eager to try Ethiopian....
2. the dark chocolate tahitian vanilla caramels....its like legal crack....
yup....love me some trader joes....
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cinnamongrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2012, 07:32 PM   #256
Sun

How Do You Identify?:
Trans
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, him, his
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
chili is NEVER redundant!
<<spice girl

a good find for me at least at TJs is their tortellini in a mushroom sauce with asparagus....cant remember what the name of it is...tried it as a sample and ended up bringing some home....amazing....makes a small dinner for 2 if you add a salad and a nice bread....
right now the stuff at TJs thats making me crazy is the fall bakies...gingerbread and pumpkin pancake mix oh myyyy!
im a fan of their sweet and tangy trail mix also...but the things I most look forward to there are....
1. free coffee samples...so far Honduran is my fave...but I'm eager to try Ethiopian....
2. the dark chocolate tahitian vanilla caramels....its like legal crack....
yup....love me some trader joes....
I have to stay away from the legal crack-candy. There is too much there that is too good! Have you ever tried the chocolate pudding that they sell in the dairy case? If I am not mistaken its called Dark Chocolate Pudding. So one day years ago I did a dinner party as a gift for a Femme friend. There were about 12 people there I believe. At the last minute my dessert plan fell apart and I had to improvise. So I ran over to Trader Joe's grabbed some of the chocolate pudding, picked up some fresh raspberries and made a sauce to pour over the pudding. The pudding is very thick and decadent.

Well this dessert could not have been more simple, I just scooped some pudding into martini glasses, topped it with the raspberry sauce and viola.
This was served with some late harvest gewurztraminer and good Port.
The Femmes loved the dessert so much that they were licking the glasses clean. I will never forget that image. Beautiful Femmes, dressed in gorgeous attire, licking the martini glasses. Loved it.

― Rumi

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sun For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2012, 07:37 PM   #257
julieisafemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Married to Greyson

Thanked 3,445 Times in 660 Posts
julieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I wanted to know what to do with dried cranberry beans! Greyson misheard me. So what is a yummy way to do them up?
Old 11-10-2012, 07:50 PM   #258
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun View Post
I have to stay away from the legal crack-candy. There is too much there that is too good! Have you ever tried the chocolate pudding that they sell in the dairy case? If I am not mistaken its called Dark Chocolate Pudding. So one day years ago I did a dinner party as a gift for a Femme friend. There were about 12 people there I believe. At the last minute my dessert plan fell apart and I had to improvise. So I ran over to Trader Joe's grabbed some of the chocolate pudding, picked up some fresh raspberries and made a sauce to pour over the pudding. The pudding is very thick and decadent.

Well this dessert could not have been more simple, I just scooped some pudding into martini glasses, topped it with the raspberry sauce and viola.
This was served with some late harvest gewurztraminer and good Port.
The Femmes loved the dessert so much that they were licking the glasses clean. I will never forget that image. Beautiful Femmes, dressed in gorgeous attire, licking the martini glasses. Loved it.
now I'm wishing we had this conversation BEFORE I went......lol but ....chocolate and raspberry is the best thing on earth....godiva makes a truffle with raspberry sauce...makes you wanna slap yer mama! translation.....good stuff......heck even their white chocolate...which i typically despise....is excellent....godiva is the bomb digity
ps...I soooo would've licked the glass...port or no port....lol
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cinnamongrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2012, 08:02 PM   #259
gaea

How Do You Identify?:
femme

Thanked 14,363 Times in 3,381 Posts
gaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputation

all this talk today about crock pot chicken...so dinner tonight was a roasted whole chocken with red mashed potatoes and carrots. easy enough and left overs for sandwiches and or atop a salad.

this thread will leave you craving food lol

Courage: the willingness to risk who you are for who you want to be and what you have for what you want

You're not who your past says you are, you are who you choose to be today moving forward.
gaea is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gaea For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2012, 08:35 PM   #260
Sun

How Do You Identify?:
Trans
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, him, his
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieisafemme View Post
I wanted to know what to do with dried cranberry beans! Greyson misheard me. So what is a yummy way to do them up?
Greyson! Good Lord friend! Listen to the lady! lol

That is very funny.

Julie I have used them as I would any other dried red bean. Are you looking for a particular dish? A main course perhaps?

― Rumi

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sun For This Useful Post: