Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 10-27-2013, 12:45 PM   #261
Mopsie

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Female ones
Relationship Status:
Single

1 Highscore

Thanked 8,586 Times in 1,857 Posts
Mopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST Reputation

My budget is very tight. So this year I am knitting gifts for family. Right now I am working on red and white striped coasters. Anyone else making gifts this year?
Mopsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 01:36 PM   #262
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,440 Times in 6,887 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopsie View Post
My budget is very tight. So this year I am knitting gifts for family. Right now I am working on red and white striped coasters. Anyone else making gifts this year?
I'm making crocheted wreaths to go with gifts and cards Found the pattern on ravelry.com. I just entered easy Christmas ornaments for crochet.... Love me some ravelry.
I want to also make a Christmas tree skirt. My mother always gets those icky disposable ones that look like snow....blech..
Old 10-27-2013, 07:10 PM   #263
sis
Diva!

How Do You Identify?:
StoneFemme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her
Relationship Status:
Content!

Thanked 1,404 Times in 296 Posts
sis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Well, I don't really 'do' Christmas as such but I do spread joy all year round! I make lap blankets all the time and give them away. I live in a highrise with many western and local teachers. My goal this school year is to make a lap blanket for every child who has a parent that is a teacher at my school. Oh, and of course, they are perfect for new babies so I'm sure I'll make a few of those.

I've recently started to make Hello Kitty hats and send them to friends in North America - not really as a holiday gift ...... mostly due to them being requested.

Deb
Oh! Please do!
Oh! Please!
Oh!
sis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sis For This Useful Post:
Old 10-27-2013, 09:34 PM   #264
Leigh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, etc
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 13,026 Times in 4,786 Posts
Leigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST Reputation

I've been hoping to learn to crochet, and I haven't knitted in a long time but I hope to get back into that very soon

Leigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Leigh For This Useful Post:
Old 10-27-2013, 09:41 PM   #265
Sweet Bliss

How Do You Identify?:
I Am
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

Thanked 7,264 Times in 2,158 Posts
Sweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leigh View Post
I've been hoping to learn to crochet, and I haven't knitted in a long time but I hope to get back into that very soon
You will like crocheting, zillions of patterns online.

I do it every chance I have available .
Sweet Bliss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sweet Bliss For This Useful Post:
Old 10-28-2013, 06:05 AM   #266
Ms. Meander

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Relationship Status:
Ethical Nonmonogamist

Thanked 5,221 Times in 1,148 Posts
Ms. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST Reputation

Right now I am crocheting myself some cute hats and other winter wear. I have never before crocheted anything for myself! And I'm freakin' cold.

I don't generally do holiday gift giving either. I gift as I feel inspired throughout the year. One exception is my son, of course. He and his girlfriend are definitely getting, at least, hats.
Ms. Meander is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ms. Meander For This Useful Post:
Old 10-28-2013, 08:10 AM   #267
sis
Diva!

How Do You Identify?:
StoneFemme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her
Relationship Status:
Content!

sis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Thumbs up Hats off to those that hook!

Oh my goodness ...... hats! Yes, I've been making Hello Kitty Hats for adults and toddlers; a Doraemon hat for a toddler; and now a Minion hat for an adult! I. . Making. Hats. For me, the challenging component is the embellishments! That takes almost as long as it takes to crochet the hat. I can only do basic crochet stitches but its more than enough for hats.

Deb
Oh! Please do!
Oh! Please!
Oh!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sis For This Useful Post:
Old 10-28-2013, 03:41 PM   #268
LexiLove

How Do You Identify?:
Fierce.Lesbian.Femme.Dyke.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.Her.Sweetums.
Relationship Status:
I have her...hoping to keep her

LexiLove Has the BEST ReputationLexiLove Has the BEST ReputationLexiLove Has the BEST ReputationLexiLove Has the BEST ReputationLexiLove Has the BEST ReputationLexiLove Has the BEST ReputationLexiLove Has the BEST ReputationLexiLove Has the BEST ReputationLexiLove Has the BEST ReputationLexiLove Has the BEST ReputationLexiLove Has the BEST Reputation

I didn't read all the posts but I am an avid knitter. Anyone else on Ravelry perhaps?
LexiLove is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LexiLove For This Useful Post:
Old 10-28-2013, 03:54 PM   #269
Mopsie

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Female ones
Relationship Status:
Single

1 Highscore

Mopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sis View Post
Oh my goodness ...... hats! Yes, I've been making Hello Kitty Hats for adults and toddlers; a Doraemon hat for a toddler; and now a Minion hat for an adult! I. . Making. Hats. For me, the challenging component is the embellishments! That takes almost as long as it takes to crochet the hat. I can only do basic crochet stitches but its more than enough for hats.

Deb

I wanna see some pictures! These sound adorable!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mopsie For This Useful Post:
Old 10-28-2013, 04:06 PM   #270
Cronopia

How Do You Identify?:
Queer, Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Cronopia Has the BEST ReputationCronopia Has the BEST ReputationCronopia Has the BEST ReputationCronopia Has the BEST ReputationCronopia Has the BEST ReputationCronopia Has the BEST ReputationCronopia Has the BEST ReputationCronopia Has the BEST ReputationCronopia Has the BEST ReputationCronopia Has the BEST ReputationCronopia Has the BEST Reputation

Someone in my family is having a baby and I relearned to crochet. It is easier for me than knitting. Got to make all the blankets and hats.

Has anyone tried arm knitting? I youtube everything I make it's so simple some of those patterns at the store and online are troublesome.
Cronopia is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cronopia For This Useful Post:
Old 10-28-2013, 04:08 PM   #271
Ms. Meander

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Relationship Status:
Ethical Nonmonogamist

Ms. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST Reputation

I made this hat for myself. A simple front-post, double crochet, slouch hat. And then........I gave it away to a friend who admired it! I can't help it!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ms. Meander For This Useful Post:
Old 10-28-2013, 04:12 PM   #272
Mopsie

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Female ones
Relationship Status:
Single

1 Highscore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Meander View Post
I made this hat for myself. A simple front-post, double crochet, slouch hat. And then........I gave it away to a friend who admired it! I can't help it!

That is a great hat! And I love the color you chose!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mopsie For This Useful Post:
Old 10-28-2013, 04:20 PM   #273
Ms. Meander

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Relationship Status:
Ethical Nonmonogamist

Quote:

That is a great hat! And I love the color you chose!

Thanks! I'm so into this color right now. I am going to make another and try to keep it!

The pattern, btw --- YouTube!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ms. Meander For This Useful Post:
Old 10-28-2013, 05:57 PM   #274
sis
Diva!

How Do You Identify?:
StoneFemme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her
Relationship Status:
Content!

Member Photo Albums

I just posted a few photos into an album on 'my page' (not in the general members photos). Enjoy!

Deb
Oh! Please do!
Oh! Please!
Oh!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sis For This Useful Post:
Old 10-28-2013, 06:58 PM   #275
Mopsie

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Female ones
Relationship Status:
Single

1 Highscore

Thanks for sharing the photos Sis!

I put my comments under the photos.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mopsie For This Useful Post:
Old 10-28-2013, 08:03 PM   #276
LexiLove

How Do You Identify?:
Fierce.Lesbian.Femme.Dyke.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.Her.Sweetums.
Relationship Status:
I have her...hoping to keep her

LexiLove Has the BEST ReputationLexiLove Has the BEST ReputationLexiLove Has the BEST ReputationLexiLove Has the BEST ReputationLexiLove Has the BEST ReputationLexiLove Has the BEST ReputationLexiLove Has the BEST ReputationLexiLove Has the BEST ReputationLexiLove Has the BEST ReputationLexiLove Has the BEST ReputationLexiLove Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Yes, lots. My family begs me to knit every year. Sigh. I love it but I tend to be a selfish knitter. Lol.
LexiLove is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LexiLove For This Useful Post:
Old 10-29-2013, 02:20 AM   #277
Mopsie

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Female ones
Relationship Status:
Single

1 Highscore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cronopia View Post
Someone in my family is having a baby and I relearned to crochet. It is easier for me than knitting. Got to make all the blankets and hats.

Has anyone tried arm knitting? I youtube everything I make it's so simple some of those patterns at the store and online are troublesome.

I am curious about this ... never heard of it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mopsie For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2013, 12:38 AM   #278
PoeticSilence

How Do You Identify?:
*dodges labels*
Relationship Status:
Estranged

PoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST Reputation

My daughter is coming home next week. The last time she came home was when I got out of the hospital in June. Before that it was last Christmas. She is currently teaching physics and mathematics at John Hopkins University up in Baltimore while finishing her Doctorate. She's in her thirties now so getting together is usually a big deal and especially these last few years as my health deteriorated.
So...we planned a week of crafts.
We will be making a blanket.
We will be learning how to do felting together.
We will be working on our art journals.
We will be making some cards.
We will be making friendship bracelets (we have done this since she was eleven).
We will be learning how to knit on the wood and peg frames.
I don't know how much anyone has experienced this method, but it looks great, and a little easier to keep track of if you like to set projects aside for a while like I do. There's even a frame for making socks! I'm like the WORST at needle knitting because somehow I drop a stitch or miscount...this makes knitting look so much easier.
The wife was teasing me earlier because I said something about wishing we had time to maybe make a few candles for the holidays while she's here. I'm not able to get out and do anything these days, so staying in and crafting sounds like fun to me.
Has anyone else tried the frame and peg knitting and how did you feel about it? Do you find that specific kinds of yarns work better than others?
Old 11-16-2013, 08:22 AM   #279
Ms. Meander

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Relationship Status:
Ethical Nonmonogamist

Quote:

I have since made 4 more of these hats, 2 in the same color (one for me to keep, damnit!). They are such a hit! But I'm bored with it now. Next project - leg warmers.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ms. Meander For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2013, 09:18 AM   #280
PwrFemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
Married to HeelBilli

1 Highscore

PwrFemme Has the BEST ReputationPwrFemme Has the BEST ReputationPwrFemme Has the BEST ReputationPwrFemme Has the BEST ReputationPwrFemme Has the BEST ReputationPwrFemme Has the BEST ReputationPwrFemme Has the BEST ReputationPwrFemme Has the BEST ReputationPwrFemme Has the BEST ReputationPwrFemme Has the BEST ReputationPwrFemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I have since made 4 more of these hats, 2 in the same color (one for me to keep, damnit!). They are such a hit! But I'm bored with it now. Next project - leg warmers.
Ms. Meander, beautiful work! I wish I knew how to do that! I admire your talent!!

Tags
crocheting, hobbies, knitting