Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > RELATIONSHIPS, COMMUNITY, GROUPS > Finding Your People - Special Groups

Finding Your People - Special Groups Are you a member of AA? Neurodiverse? a Vegan? Find your people here!

Old 02-28-2010, 07:27 PM   #261
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Thanked 17,179 Times in 5,238 Posts
Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
*gasp*

You forgot to say CUPCAKES!!! OhmygoshtheywereSOdamngood!

Key lime cupcakes are my favorite now. I shall request them for MY birthday, I think.

I also have let it go since your birthday weekend.

I was expecting, and saw, a 5 pound difference when I got home. The good news? I think some of it was water weight, because I could NOT have dropped 2-3 pounds in a couple of days eating junk food (which was what I did between weighings).

Eh, the body needs a break once in a while and I'm sure there's no permanent damage done. I do, however, need to figure out HOW I'm going to eat when I get back in the South. I'd managed to go MONTHS without one single fried thing and then managed to have something fried every single day I was down there. It was mondo good though.

I'm still shaking my head, asking myself, 'How did THAT happen???' It's probably water weight....

Ah yes.....those [damn] cupcakes!! YUMM~O!!!

Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Diva For This Useful Post:
Old 02-28-2010, 08:02 PM   #262
Nina
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
unmistakably
Preferred Pronoun?:
dearheart
Relationship Status:
In love, loved and Happy, thanks for askin'

Thanked 3,383 Times in 931 Posts
Nina Has the BEST ReputationNina Has the BEST ReputationNina Has the BEST ReputationNina Has the BEST ReputationNina Has the BEST ReputationNina Has the BEST ReputationNina Has the BEST ReputationNina Has the BEST ReputationNina Has the BEST ReputationNina Has the BEST ReputationNina Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva View Post
Last weekend was my birthday celebration.....I ate everything I COULD that was bad for me...lol

Burgers....bread.....CAKE....cheese....Mexican food....I was afraid to get on the scale....until today....I got back on my routine on Wednesday, with the exception of yesterday and today ~ I've had NO appetite whatsoever (Don't know what THAT'S about!).

So. Expecting to see a major setback, I did not. I have lost ~ all total ~ 27 lbs! HOW, I do not know! But I'll take it!
I am so proud of you!!...ya know---pretty soon you're gonna start needing some new clothes !!...just sayin' is all...it's good...

changing your body isn't a linear experience...try to remember to offer Yourself the same support, encouragement and acceptance as you give those you care for...
Nina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nina For This Useful Post:
Old 03-02-2010, 03:12 AM   #263
canmarielan

How Do You Identify?:
Loud mouth, big hair, spunky Texas Femme lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
It's a SHE!!!!
Relationship Status:
PKCL0204

Thanked 1,134 Times in 326 Posts
canmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputation

Hey everyone

Licious I am so proud of you for losing that weight!!!! I know it's not easy....but You can totally do this

I am so wrapped up in my new tht i haven't been paying much attn to the internet *smiles*

He's cute....and has helped me lose those few pounds I had gained back so I'm back in the 360's. Yes, I am Whoottt!!!!

I have rededicated myself (in the most agnostic way.)

I know we can do this together guys

Thanks for being there.
canmarielan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to canmarielan For This Useful Post:
Old 03-02-2010, 03:28 AM   #264
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Thanked 17,179 Times in 5,238 Posts
Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by canmarielan View Post
Hey everyone

Licious I am so proud of you for losing that weight!!!! I know it's not easy....but You can totally do this

I am so wrapped up in my new tht i haven't been paying much attn to the internet *smiles*

He's cute....and has helped me lose those few pounds I had gained back so I'm back in the 360's. Yes, I am Whoottt!!!!

I have rededicated myself (in the most agnostic way.)

I know we can do this together guys

Thanks for being there.

That sounded all religious and chit. Were You prostrate on the floor and stuff?

I think that's hawt, Louise.

~ ~ ~ > This is me: In the year 200NEVER! <giggling>
(Although, now that I think about it, I've been lifting a whole buncha weight already!! How come I don't have muscles from THAT? Huh?)

Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 01:59 PM   #265
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,769 Times in 25,661 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Congrats for the new pup!

Everyone, don't forget that TBL is back on tonight now that the Olympics is over.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 04:42 PM   #266
amiyesiam

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/they
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 10,138 Times in 2,161 Posts
amiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

For Feb 444 minutes of exercise and minus 2 lbs, for a total of 7 in 2 months

A year from now you will wish that you started today~Karen Lamb
amiyesiam is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to amiyesiam For This Useful Post:
Old 03-02-2010, 11:29 PM   #267
Spirit Dancer

How Do You Identify?:
Complex but Tender
Preferred Pronoun?:
~Ma`am~
Relationship Status:
Shotgun Rider

Thanked 12,952 Times in 3,466 Posts
Spirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by amiyesiam View Post
WoOt wOoT keep up the good work
Spirit Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 01:21 AM   #268
canmarielan

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
It's a SHE!!!!
Relationship Status:
PKCL0204

canmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva View Post
That sounded all religious and chit. Were You prostrate on the floor and stuff?

I think that's hawt, Louise.

~ ~ ~ > This is me: In the year 200NEVER! <giggling>
(Although, now that I think about it, I've been lifting a whole buncha weight already!! How come I don't have muscles from THAT? Huh?)

swollen prostate??

No....I don't have one of them *wink wink*

Quote:
Congrats for the new pup!

Everyone, don't forget that TBL is back on tonight now that the Olympics is over.

I am sooooooo excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by amiyesiam View Post
Congrats
Old 03-08-2010, 01:08 AM   #269
canmarielan

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
It's a SHE!!!!
Relationship Status:
PKCL0204

Hey everyone.

I suck.

I'm sorry.

I love you!

I have been SOOOOOOOOOO off track these days.

Let's get back on the ball, eh?
Old 03-08-2010, 02:56 AM   #270
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I am 5 months and one week away from packing my car and driving to Austin, with a stop in LR on the way!

I need to work out more.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 03-08-2010, 06:38 AM   #271
canmarielan

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
It's a SHE!!!!
Relationship Status:
PKCL0204

Quote:
I am 5 months and one week away from packing my car and driving to Austin, with a stop in LR on the way!

I need to work out more.
Wanna pick me up on the way?
Old 03-08-2010, 02:21 PM   #272
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:
Originally Posted by canmarielan View Post
Wanna pick me up on the way?

Ella will be packed to the brim with stuff...BUT....we could make a caravan! A mini convoy, if you will. Woot!

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 03-09-2010, 08:39 AM   #273
Jess
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
decidedly indifferent
Preferred Pronoun?:
other

Thanked 5,702 Times in 1,684 Posts
Jess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST Reputation

I don't know if anyone has already posted anything about this, but I heard a blurb on the news about it and thought " Finally! Proof of why some diets fail"

I hear way too often folks trying all sorts of different techniques and feel like they have failed, when we now have proof that genetically, some diets are never going to work for every individual.

This study showed clearly that for some women low fat diets worked whereas for others low carb diets were the right route.

Just thought it good reading and an "aha!" for some folks who have been failed by the wrong nutritional route.
Jess is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jess For This Useful Post:
Old 03-09-2010, 09:24 AM   #274
cinderella

How Do You Identify?:
Pinky's mommy :)
Preferred Pronoun?:
Su Majestad
Relationship Status:
Happy with my puppy

Thanked 1,502 Times in 637 Posts
cinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputation

Hi all. Another 'chubbette' here. I have struggled with weight all my life.

Candace, when I was your age I wore a size 9, and remained at that size 'til my late 30's. I have since then gradually and steadily put on the pounds. I am now 67 years old, and 70 lbs overweight. I certainly don't have the skin elasticity you do, but I believe if I lose the weight gradually/slowly, and go on an exercise program that's suited to my physical capabilities, I can achieve results I can be happy with.

My closet has enough sizes to open up a clothes store! They range from size medium to X1. Currently my slacks size is 18, but I have lost a pound or two within the last few months. I am retired, and don't have any sort of social or active life, so that has got to change as well. I'm hoping that with the good weather that's approaching, I will get out more and start walking.

My best wishes to all of you who are struggling with your weight. Remember, it's not just about 'looking good', it's about your health, and avoiding the pitfalls of excess weight. Good luck, and thank you for starting this thread. I will be a frequent visitor.

p.s. The South Beach Diet is an excellent way to jump start your weight loss program. I went on it several years ago, and lost 30 lbs in 3 months time. Sadly I've gained it all back and then some. The mindset must be: this is not a temporary change of diet - it's a lifetime committment.
cinderella is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cinderella For This Useful Post:
Old 03-09-2010, 09:50 AM   #275
christie

How Do You Identify?:
A Force with which to be reckoned
Preferred Pronoun?:
just be nice...
Relationship Status:
I call her Mine

Thanked 2,476 Times in 706 Posts
christie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputation

Just checking in and updating...

The big 4-0 came and went on Saturday and my "goal" when I started my life change back in August was to be the same size I was when I was 17...

I am ONE clothes size away... When I started I was 5 away.

Lost almost 80lbs now. I feel better and am starting to incorporate exercise into my life. Its been a rough go the past couple of weeks with physical illness, but I am back on track and focused.

Hope everyone is doing well, and if not, brush yourself off and remember that you can start again tomorrow.

Best,
Christie
christie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to christie For This Useful Post:
Old 03-09-2010, 10:01 AM   #276
cinderella

How Do You Identify?:
Pinky's mommy :)
Preferred Pronoun?:
Su Majestad
Relationship Status:
Happy with my puppy

Thanked 1,502 Times in 637 Posts
cinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputation

Good job, Christie!! Good luck, and keep it up - only one dress size to go? Wow, how lucky you are!!! Stick to it, you'll be there in no time!! However, you do know that losing the weight is the 'easy' (?) part - keeping it off, well, that's a whole 'nother challenge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by christie0918 View Post

The big 4-0 came and went on Saturday and my "goal" when I started my life change back in August was to be the same size I was when I was 17...

Lost almost 80lbs now. I feel better and am starting to incorporate exercise into my life. Its been a rough go the past couple of weeks with physical illness, but I am back on track and focused.

Hope everyone is doing well, and if not, brush yourself off and remember that you can start again tomorrow.

Best,
Christie
cinderella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 10:04 AM   #277
Liam

How Do You Identify?:
Guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His

Thanked 6,910 Times in 1,862 Posts
Liam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST Reputation

Congratulations Christie, I love to hear about folks reaching their goals, and it sounds as if you will successfully reach yours in less than 12 months.

I picked up Prevention's Flat Belly Diet at the library, yesterday. I don't know if I will do the actual plan, but it was very interesting to read about what causes us to lose that flat belly. Stress is the biggest factor...something to think about!

Quote:

Best,
Christie
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Liam For This Useful Post:
Old 03-09-2010, 10:26 AM   #278
morningstar55

How Do You Identify?:
femme,she
Preferred Pronoun?:
she,her,
Relationship Status:
very single

Thanked 4,241 Times in 1,845 Posts
morningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputation

i think the best kind of diet is a diet someone can live with for the rest of there life.
maybe if ya'll want too and just a thought......
can post on here what we eat each day and compare , see how its working for us get or give advice... i dont know........ just a idea... i can post what i had so fat since i woke up and you tell me . good or bad in the diet plan.

i woke up around 8 am today ........ normal im up at 5 or 6 .. not sure why i slept so late. lol
anyways...
i had a cup of cereal...
i normaly eat kashi, blueberry /oat flake one
quaker oatmeal squares
or anythng else thats on the healthy side.
i am bad however once in a blue moon will have some
lucky charms.. lol
have a 20 oz coffee
2 half n half creams only
and just made a small sandwhich of light ham fresh from the deli ,1 slice of swiss and about a cup size thing of chips.

life is to short to wake up in the morning with regrets
so love the people who treat you right,
forget about the ones who dont,
and believe that everything happens for a reason.
If you get a chance take it... if it changes your life let it.
morningstar55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 07:40 AM   #279
Diavolo

How Do You Identify?:
Butch

Diavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

Best,
Christie
Christie,

Happy Birthday and congratulations! What an accomplishment!
Diavolo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Diavolo For This Useful Post:
Old 03-10-2010, 02:30 PM   #280
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Did anyone see TBL last night? My cable and internet were down during the show, so the DVR didn't record.

I'm misunderestimated.