Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Religion, Spirituality, Mysticism

Old 04-20-2010, 07:16 PM   #261
Spirit Dancer

How Do You Identify?:
Complex but Tender
Preferred Pronoun?:
~Ma`am~
Relationship Status:
Shotgun Rider

Thanked 12,952 Times in 3,466 Posts
Spirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST Reputation

"You must be prepared and know the reason why you dance."
--Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Inside every human being is a need to dance. We dance to music. Have you even wondered why people are moved when they hear an Indian Drum? The drum is the heartbeat of the Mother Earth. Every Indian dance is for a purpose and a reason. Every Song is for a reason. The beat of the drum makes our bodies, minds, and spirits join together in harmony. It allows us to connect to Mother Earth and to each other. The dance aligns our minds to think spiritual thoughts. Dancing to the drum is healthy.

Great Spirit, today, I dance to honor you.
Spirit Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Spirit Dancer For This Useful Post:
Old 04-21-2010, 01:07 PM   #262
Spirit Dancer

How Do You Identify?:
Complex but Tender
Preferred Pronoun?:
~Ma`am~
Relationship Status:
Shotgun Rider

Spirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST Reputation

"Conciliation is the key to survival. Peace is the goal."
--Haida Gwaii, Traditional Circle of Elders
When we make decisions or experience conflict we need to look at the greater whole. The end result we want to accomplish is peace of mind. If we keep this goal in mind, we will, overall, live a happy and fulfilling life. Everything in the world is constantly changing so we should not resist this change. A good question to ask ourselves is, "would I rather be right or happy?". If we would rather be happy, then it is easier to let the little things go. If we would rather be right, we tend to look for the WIN/LOSE.

Great Spirit, today, give me the tools to seek peace of mind.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Spirit Dancer For This Useful Post:
Old 04-22-2010, 06:09 PM   #263
Spirit Dancer

How Do You Identify?:
Complex but Tender
Preferred Pronoun?:
~Ma`am~
Relationship Status:
Shotgun Rider

"Each creature has a medicine, so there are many medicines. Because they are so close to the Creator, they are to communicate that medicine. Then they bring help and health."
--Wallace Black Elk, LAKOTA
The Elders say everything has a purpose and everything has a will. We should never interfere with purpose or the will of everything. Every plant, creature, animal, insect, and human being has a purpose to be here on the Earth. Each has a special medicine to contribute for the good of all things. Each person also has good medicine, a special talent, a special gift. These medicines are to help others or to help make us healthy. What is your special medicine?

Creator, today, help me discover and use my medicine to serve a greater good
Old 04-23-2010, 06:16 PM   #264
Spirit Dancer

How Do You Identify?:
Complex but Tender
Preferred Pronoun?:
~Ma`am~
Relationship Status:
Shotgun Rider

"The real meaning of life is your family, the love that you have, the respect, the traditional ways, and carrying on with them."
--Ethel Wilson, COWICHAN
The family is the seed of the future. The family is the key to the transfer of cultural information. We should really take a look at how we are looking at our families. Are we treating each family member with respect? Are we passing on the traditional ways? Are we teaching the old songs? Are we participating in the ceremonies? Are we showing the family members how to pray? Are we encouraging each family member to be spiritual? Think about these things today.

My Creator, today, let me show respect to each family member.
Old 04-23-2010, 06:18 PM   #265
Spirit Dancer

How Do You Identify?:
Complex but Tender
Preferred Pronoun?:
~Ma`am~
Relationship Status:
Shotgun Rider

Default Not native But I like this quote

You should respect each other
and refrain from disputes; you should
not, like water and oil, repel each
other, but should, like milk and
water, mingle together.

The Buddha
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Spirit Dancer For This Useful Post:
Old 04-24-2010, 09:48 AM   #266
Spirit Dancer

How Do You Identify?:
Complex but Tender
Preferred Pronoun?:
~Ma`am~
Relationship Status:
Shotgun Rider

"Each person's prayers can help everyone."
Prayer is our entrance into the Unseen World. It is by prayer we can call upon the powers and laws of the Great Spirit. The Spirit World has powers and laws that are different from the Physical World. The spiritual laws allow healing to take place; they allow forgiveness to occur; they cause miracles to happen; they cause hate to disappear; they heal broken relationships; they guide every moment of our lives; they allow us to love even when it's hard. Prayer allows us access to the Spirit World.

Creator, teach me to pray.
The Following User Says Thank You to Spirit Dancer For This Useful Post:
Old 04-24-2010, 01:05 PM   #267
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 5,249 Times in 2,216 Posts
Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

Spirit Dancer,

I find this thread so comforting. Thank you. I come here every day, and every day I find a post of something of interest to me. I appreciate it very much so.
Andrew, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Andrew, Jr. For This Useful Post:
Old 04-24-2010, 04:09 PM   #268
Spirit Dancer

How Do You Identify?:
Complex but Tender
Preferred Pronoun?:
~Ma`am~
Relationship Status:
Shotgun Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew, Jr. View Post

Spirit Dancer,

I find this thread so comforting. Thank you. I come here every day, and every day I find a post of something of interest to me. I appreciate it very much so.

Andrew
You're quite welocme, I'm glad you find comfort here. My friend I hope your day is beautiful. Here the storms are raging and even the cell towers are acting bizzare.
Old 04-24-2010, 06:59 PM   #269
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 5,249 Times in 2,216 Posts
Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

Spirit Dancer,

I am just living life day to day. Life is a gift.
Andrew, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 08:23 AM   #270
Spirit Dancer

How Do You Identify?:
Complex but Tender
Preferred Pronoun?:
~Ma`am~
Relationship Status:
Shotgun Rider

"In some mysterious and wonderful way you are part of everything, Nephew. And in that same mysterious and wonderful way, everything is a part of you."
--Nippawanock, ARAPAHOE
In order to experience this, we must be aware of how limited our senses are � eyes, ears touch, smell, taste. These senses help us to function in the Seen World. What we see is interpreted by our minds and put inside our belief system, and this can become our reality. But there also exists an Unseen World. In this world we experience connectedness; we experience the mystery; and we experience another whole point of view. If we pay attention to both the Unseen World and the Seen World, our belief systems will print in our mind a new and wonderful reality. We will see and know we are a part of everything.

Great Spirit, today, give me the knowledge to know this mystery.
Old 04-26-2010, 09:09 AM   #271
TROOPER
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanently Banned 09/11/2010
Relationship Status:
Single

TROOPER has a reputation beyond reputeTROOPER has a reputation beyond reputeTROOPER has a reputation beyond reputeTROOPER has a reputation beyond reputeTROOPER has a reputation beyond reputeTROOPER has a reputation beyond reputeTROOPER has a reputation beyond reputeTROOPER has a reputation beyond reputeTROOPER has a reputation beyond reputeTROOPER has a reputation beyond reputeTROOPER has a reputation beyond repute

"You must be prepared and know the reason why you dance."

TROOPER is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TROOPER For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2010, 09:48 AM   #272
TROOPER
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
Single

TROOPER has a reputation beyond reputeTROOPER has a reputation beyond reputeTROOPER has a reputation beyond reputeTROOPER has a reputation beyond reputeTROOPER has a reputation beyond reputeTROOPER has a reputation beyond reputeTROOPER has a reputation beyond reputeTROOPER has a reputation beyond reputeTROOPER has a reputation beyond reputeTROOPER has a reputation beyond reputeTROOPER has a reputation beyond repute

Old 04-26-2010, 10:07 AM   #273
TROOPER
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
Single

Old 04-26-2010, 10:20 AM   #274
TROOPER
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
Single

Old 04-26-2010, 10:38 AM   #275
TROOPER
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
Single

Old 04-26-2010, 10:50 AM   #276
TROOPER
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
Single

Old 04-26-2010, 11:07 AM   #277
TROOPER
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
Single

Default Spirit's Poetry...aka Rain's Lullaby.... aka HOPE!

Old 04-26-2010, 02:08 PM   #278
Spirit Dancer

How Do You Identify?:
Complex but Tender
Preferred Pronoun?:
~Ma`am~
Relationship Status:
Shotgun Rider

"If those bad words come, I let them come in one ear and go out the other. I never let them come out of my mouth. If a bad word comes in your ear and then comes out of your mouth, it will go someplace and hurt somebody. If I did that, that hurt would come back twice as hard on me."
--Wallace Black Elk, LAKOTA
What do we do with temptations when they come? What do we do when we hear gossip? What do we do when we hear bad things? If we hear these things and pass them on we will not only hurt the other person, but we will do harm to ourselves. We must be careful not to hurt others. Whatever we sow we will simultaneously reap for ourselves. We must be accountable for our own actions.

Great Spirit, today, let no words come from my lips that would hurt another
Old 04-26-2010, 03:06 PM   #279
Spirit Dancer

How Do You Identify?:
Complex but Tender
Preferred Pronoun?:
~Ma`am~
Relationship Status:
Shotgun Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by TROOPER View Post

This one i'll share with the hubby as I know hy'll appreciate the thought
and spirit of it. Thanks again.
Old 04-27-2010, 08:19 AM   #280
Spirit Dancer

How Do You Identify?:
Complex but Tender
Preferred Pronoun?:
~Ma`am~
Relationship Status:
Shotgun Rider

"The law is that all life is equal in the Great Creation, and we, the Human Beings, are charged with the responsibility, each in our generation, to work for the continuation of life."
--Traditional Circle of Elders
Every generation is accountable to leave the environment in healthy order for the next generation. Every generation is accountable to teach the next generation how to live in harmony and to understand the Laws. We need to ask ourselves, "What are we teaching the next generation?". Each individual is directly accountable.

My Creator, teach me inter-generational responsibility.

Tags
american indian, native american, spirituality