Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > BUTCHFEMMEPLANET.COM NEWS AND INFORMATION > Questions from Members/ Troubleshooting

Old 11-28-2009, 12:06 PM   #261
Bit

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme
Relationship Status:
married to Gryph

Thanked 3,772 Times in 1,264 Posts
Bit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST Reputation

{{{{{{{{{{{Dusa}}}}}}}}}}}} Okay, love.
Bit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 12:09 PM   #262
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,869 Times in 7,835 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boots13 View Post
Dear Admindusa ~
I was one of the ones who could view the gallery without logging in.
I love that you fixed the gallery thingie but now I can no longer view ANYTHING without logging in !!!

I get the error message requiring me to log in to view the forums page, or any page. I've tried
different angles, including rebooting my computer but I still get the "You must be Registered"

It's got to be something I'm doing on this end, though I cannot for the life of me figure it out !

Do you have any suggestions?
HELP !

Hey Boots, et al!

Just a quick note on the forums being closed to guests:
I changed the settings in the back end so that people would have to log in to view our forums. I had a reason for it and it is intended to only be temporary. I will probably open them back up to guests later today or Sunday.

I appreciate your patience
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 11-28-2009, 12:13 PM   #263
T D

How Do You Identify?:
Person of the trans variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Sir, Bro, TD, Stevin
Relationship Status:
On occasion

Thanked 1,123 Times in 310 Posts
T D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST Reputation

I hate to sound totally dumb, but just how do I get to the Gallery. I don't see a link anywhere

Thanks

“Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it.
Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.”
T D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 12:15 PM   #264
T D

How Do You Identify?:
Person of the trans variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Sir, Bro, TD, Stevin
Relationship Status:
On occasion

Thanked 1,123 Times in 310 Posts
T D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by T D View Post

I hate to sound totally dumb, but just how do I get to the Gallery. I don't see a link anywhere

Thanks

Never mind, I see it... doh

“Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it.
Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.”
T D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 02:39 PM   #265
Boots13

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
No

Thanked 2,314 Times in 428 Posts
Boots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
Hey Boots, et al!

Just a quick note on the forums being closed to guests:
I changed the settings in the back end so that people would have to log in to view our forums. I had a reason for it and it is intended to only be temporary. I will probably open them back up to guests later today or Sunday.

I appreciate your patience
Yayyy Admindusa !! I'm not an idiot after all....dont go there

I thought it was just me, since I had'nt heard other people
having to do the same, until now.
No worries and no rush
And THANK YOU for your quick response !
Boots13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 09:25 PM   #266
Mister Bent

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 5,827 Times in 1,721 Posts
Mister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST Reputation

Often while composing a post I'll be timed out before I can submit. Is there a setting to prevent getting logged out so quickly or...?

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
- H. L. Mencken
Mister Bent is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mister Bent For This Useful Post:
Old 11-28-2009, 09:28 PM   #267
Admin
Administrator

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 5,634 Times in 1,013 Posts
Admin has disabled reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Bent View Post
Often while composing a post I'll be timed out before I can submit. Is there a setting to prevent getting logged out so quickly or...?

Actually yes, I was being irritated by this issue as well and will get that changed to a longer cookie session..... for one MEEEEELLION dollars.
Admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 09:41 PM   #268
Mister Bent

How Do You Identify?:

Mister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admin View Post
Actually yes, I was being irritated by this issue as well and will get that changed to a longer cookie session..... for one MEEEEELLION dollars.

I don't have no 1 meeeellion dollars, but I do have a bridge for sale...

So yeah, I was copying all my posts before hitting submit, but failed to today and lost a post. That, in turn, led to an emotional downward spiral that required my femme soothe me.

Speaking of soothing, the "thanks" option is driving her to madness. I can't say I'm a fan either.

1. It disrupts continuity.
2. Instead of clever reps (fun to read! relationship building!) members can now just hit "thanks." It seems, well, lazy.
3. e complained that she got so many thanks, it bumped her reps and
she never got to read them. Yeah, I know, right? HARD to be so popular.

We prefer the option whereby we can read our received and given reps.

That's our list of demands for now. Doesn't mean we don't appreciate all that you do, because we do. A lot.

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
- H. L. Mencken

Last edited by Mister Bent; 11-28-2009 at 09:45 PM. Reason: thinks thanks thunks
The Following User Says Thank You to Mister Bent For This Useful Post:
Old 11-28-2009, 09:46 PM   #269
SuperFemme
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanently Banned 10/24/2010
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Married (one of 18,000)

4 Highscores

Thanked 7,109 Times in 2,327 Posts
SuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Can there be a rule that somebody gives me healthy snacks when I post?
SuperFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 09:46 PM   #270
evolveme

How Do You Identify?:
honeysuckle venom
Preferred Pronoun?:
a pistol and a sugar cane
Relationship Status:
I promise to aid and abet

Location: in between poems where ceilings are floors and joe ghost floats achromatic toward day
evolveme Has the BEST Reputationevolveme Has the BEST Reputationevolveme Has the BEST Reputationevolveme Has the BEST Reputationevolveme Has the BEST Reputationevolveme Has the BEST Reputationevolveme Has the BEST Reputationevolveme Has the BEST Reputationevolveme Has the BEST Reputationevolveme Has the BEST Reputationevolveme Has the BEST Reputation

Dear Admindusa (too cute!),

Could you please consider ousting that Bent guy?

He is a big fat dork.

And, like, you clearly don't have enough to do.

Kthnxbai!

e
Old 11-28-2009, 09:49 PM   #271
Mister Bent

How Do You Identify?:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFemme View Post
Can there be a rule that somebody gives me healthy snacks when I post?

I read this as healthy "socks" and was pleased to know I was fully prepared !

Quote:
Originally Posted by evolveme View Post
Dear Admindusa (too cute!),

Could you please consider ousting that Bent guy?

He is a big fat dork.

e
Hey! That bus hurt!

- H. L. Mencken
Old 11-28-2009, 09:54 PM   #272
SuperFemme
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanently Banned 10/24/2010
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Married (one of 18,000)

4 Highscores

Thanked 7,109 Times in 2,327 Posts
SuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Can you implement a "Stop when red lights flashing" or "crossing guard" smiley? Oh please. I feel like I have to scraped poor poor Mr. Bent's carcass off the asphalt.
SuperFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 09:58 PM   #273
Mister Bent

How Do You Identify?:

Quote:
Can you implement a "Stop when red lights flashing" or "crossing guard" smiley? Oh please. I feel like I have to scraped poor poor Mr. Bent's carcass off the asphalt.

I like the idea of a crossing guard. That white belt is sort of sexy.

- H. L. Mencken
Old 11-29-2009, 12:46 AM   #274
Bit

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme
Relationship Status:
married to Gryph

Thanked 3,772 Times in 1,264 Posts
Bit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

3. e complained that she got so many thanks, it bumped her reps and
she never got to read them. Yeah, I know, right? HARD to be so popular.
I can relate because I wasn't here for a day or so and when I came back, all my reps were gone and it was just thanks! I have no idea if I missed anything more personal or not; there's no way at all to tell. It was really disconcerting.

I dunno how I feel about the thanks button... I certainly use it freely, although I have noticed that it does disrupt continuity. What's nice is that there's only one notice under a post and it lists all the people who have thanked for it.... I wish it could be that way in the rep comment section also, but I do understand the difficulties that might pose.
Bit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 10:21 AM   #275
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,806 Times in 25,674 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I get that when I'm away from the computer or not actively typing for more than about 12 minutes. When I'm at work, frivolously playing online and then have to stop and actually provide some customer service, this can be a bit annoying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admin View Post
Does Monopoly money count?

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 10:53 AM   #276
Arwen
Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

Thanked 28,130 Times in 6,413 Posts
Arwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST Reputation

Re the Thanks feature? I agree. I really miss seeing my reps. I use the Thanks feature too but I wish they could be separated out. Some people give good rep.
Arwen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Arwen For This Useful Post:
Old 11-29-2009, 03:16 PM   #277
Linus
The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

Hrmm.. Can we have a serious section for debate (general but not "fluff" or gender/orientation related)?

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post:
Old 11-29-2009, 03:40 PM   #278
Linus
The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
When posting Smiley requests, can you add them to my thread. Makes it easier for me to keep track of what I'm looking for.

I'll add this to the list.

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 06:44 PM   #279
NotAnAverageGuy
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Trans

NotAnAverageGuy is a jewel in the roughNotAnAverageGuy is a jewel in the roughNotAnAverageGuy is a jewel in the roughNotAnAverageGuy is a jewel in the rough

What about an are that shows the top posters?

kinda like what we have now on the homepage but it only lists one person.
NotAnAverageGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 07:01 PM   #280
julieisafemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Married to Greyson

Thanked 3,445 Times in 660 Posts
julieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Just wanted to say I super LOVE the thanks button. How fun is that!!!! I am thanking fool. It makes it feel very much homey and community-like.

Thanks!

Julie
julieisafemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to julieisafemme For This Useful Post: