Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > RELATIONSHIPS, COMMUNITY, GROUPS > Finding Your People - Special Groups

Finding Your People - Special Groups Are you a member of AA? Neurodiverse? a Vegan? Find your people here!

Old 03-11-2010, 07:20 AM   #281
Diavolo

How Do You Identify?:
Butch

Diavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
Did anyone see TBL last night? My cable and internet were down during the show, so the DVR didn't record.
Here you go!

http://www.nbc.com/the-biggest-loser...s/#vid=1207318
Diavolo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Diavolo For This Useful Post:
Old 03-12-2010, 10:58 PM   #282
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,765 Times in 25,661 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Like some others, I've let myself slack off a bit lately. It's to the point that it's annoying me. That's a good thing for me because it means I'm ready to act in my own best interest.

For me, it's like listening (or not) to your GPS. Turn left here....no, I don't WANT to turn left here....I'm going to eat a cookie on the right over here....

After a while, you begin to ignore the GPS (the voice inside, I call it) and you begin to lose that voice in the back of your head that says "Do you REALLY need that right now?" or "Are you hungry or bored or stressed?" or "Wouldn't it be GREAT to get ready and go for a long walk/jog/hike/etc?" If I get to the point where I don't heed it at all, I'll lose it and if I lose it, then I have to start allllllll the way over from the beginning. It's a training process and, though I have a long way to go, I've come a long way.

My motivation is still a bit low right now, but my annoyance factor is rising and I have realized it's time to try and get back on the bandwagon. Why not? It's a wagon; there's a band. Good times!

This coming Monday is the 15th of the month and 5 months from the Reunion. Even though Monday will come a bit earlier (change your clocks forward that Sunday!), I am ready for it. I'm the type of person to need a checkpoint or something that stands out and marks the day and this 5 month marker should work for me.

I have a difficult time getting to the gym on the weekends, especially when I work the midshift (my gym opens later on both days), so it wouldn't be logical to try to begin then. Monday is a day I am more likely going to be able to devote as much time as I need to get started again.

I'm also going to take advantage of the free personal training my Y offers, even though it may result in some wonky scheduling for a while. I've noticed that my arms are getting 'soft' around the elbow area, like my gran's used to be. It's hard to describe here but I see it and make the connection of where it is heading. I don't want to go there, so I'm going to encourage someone to make me sweat, cry, beg and work the Hell out.

Like Candace, putting this out here is a way of creating accountability for myself. In the end, it's my body and my life and I'm the only one who can live in either.

I'm misunderestimated.

Last edited by Gemme; 03-12-2010 at 11:01 PM.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 03-15-2010, 08:50 AM   #283
PinkieLee

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
I need ya boo, gotta see ya boo

Thanked 13,086 Times in 3,051 Posts
PinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST Reputation

Good morning and happy Monday biggest losers

Well, it does appear that some of us are having a hard time getting back on track. The little slip ups or set backs are inevitable sometimes, but it's up to us to snap back!

Gemme... I totally get what you are saying about getting in gear. Having a goal, like the Reunion, is a great way of keeping ourselves motivated to make healthy decisions and motivate ourselves to get it going and keep going. I have all the faith in the world in you, and everyone else here, that we CAN do this. Oh yes we can!

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step"

That is something that I have to keep reminding myself. I know that I didn't put this weight on overnight, and I have to remember that it's not gonna come off overnight either. I am really bad about wanting instant gratification... damn my lack o' patience!

I've been doing pretty good... just monitoring my calories @ about 1600 a day and trying to force down as much water as possible. I work two jobs, so my time at the gym is limited, too. But, I do manage to go on Tuesday, Wednesday and at least one day of the weekend. I thought I was gonna die the first time I got on the eliptical machine (which I have finally worked up to about 10 minutes on). I'm doing about 15 - 20 minutes on the treadmill, then switching to the eliptical and then doing about 30 minutes of weight training.

Two weeks ago, I faced my biggest fear and got on the scale. Kinda like Candace saying that it's good to know where your starting point is. I was disgusted to see the numbers... just knowing that I'm at the highest weight I have ever been in my life.

That right there was motivation enough for me to finally say ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! I refuse to live this way. I love myself unconditionally, but I need to be healthy (heart, mind, soul & BODY).

After one week, I weighed on Friday and had only lost 3 pounds. I seemed a little discouraged, but my boo handed me a pair of my old jeans and told me to put them on (yes, a pair that I couldn't even button 2 weeks prior). Reluctantly, I put them on, and they fit. Ok, they were a little tight, but I got the damn things on!

Even though the scale might not show it, I know that I am losing inches. We started taking our measurements (bust, waist, hips, thigh & arm), and in one month we are gonna do them again and see the progress.

So, let's keep up the good work and remember that we are not alone. We are all on this journey of wellness together!

Have a great day folks!
PinkieLee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to PinkieLee For This Useful Post:
Old 03-15-2010, 03:19 PM   #284
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkieLee View Post
Good morning and happy Monday biggest losers

Well, it does appear that some of us are having a hard time getting back on track. The little slip ups or set backs are inevitable sometimes, but it's up to us to snap back!

Gemme... I totally get what you are saying about getting in gear. Having a goal, like the Reunion, is a great way of keeping ourselves motivated to make healthy decisions and motivate ourselves to get it going and keep going. I have all the faith in the world in you, and everyone else here, that we CAN do this. Oh yes we can!

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step"

That is something that I have to keep reminding myself. I know that I didn't put this weight on overnight, and I have to remember that it's not gonna come off overnight either. I am really bad about wanting instant gratification... damn my lack o' patience!

I've been doing pretty good... just monitoring my calories @ about 1600 a day and trying to force down as much water as possible. I work two jobs, so my time at the gym is limited, too. But, I do manage to go on Tuesday, Wednesday and at least one day of the weekend. I thought I was gonna die the first time I got on the eliptical machine (which I have finally worked up to about 10 minutes on). I'm doing about 15 - 20 minutes on the treadmill, then switching to the eliptical and then doing about 30 minutes of weight training.

Two weeks ago, I faced my biggest fear and got on the scale. Kinda like Candace saying that it's good to know where your starting point is. I was disgusted to see the numbers... just knowing that I'm at the highest weight I have ever been in my life.

That right there was motivation enough for me to finally say ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! I refuse to live this way. I love myself unconditionally, but I need to be healthy (heart, mind, soul & BODY).

After one week, I weighed on Friday and had only lost 3 pounds. I seemed a little discouraged, but my boo handed me a pair of my old jeans and told me to put them on (yes, a pair that I couldn't even button 2 weeks prior). Reluctantly, I put them on, and they fit. Ok, they were a little tight, but I got the damn things on!

Even though the scale might not show it, I know that I am losing inches. We started taking our measurements (bust, waist, hips, thigh & arm), and in one month we are gonna do them again and see the progress.

So, let's keep up the good work and remember that we are not alone. We are all on this journey of wellness together!

Have a great day folks!
You are right, Pinkie. One step and then another and another...eventually, we'll make it to a place that is lovely for us. I don't believe we'll be "there" as "there" is a continuously changing level but I do believe that all of us can (and WILL) find a place that is good for us, in all the ways that it counts.

As far as losing a particular amount of weight, your boo did the best thing to do....measure yourself against yourself, not some machine. Give your boo a big hug for me for doing that for you.

I weigh 140 pounds. Some of you might wonder why I'm here and why I keep trying to get healthier. Well, for one thing, we should all strive to be healthier as a whole. Some people are built very solid and a lot of their weight is pure muscle. I am no such person. I'm not much over 5 feet tall and I'm pear-shaped, so my arms and shoulders are much smaller than my lower half. For me, it's about losing the jiggle (because I have LOTS of it...and cellulite) and gaining more balance between my top and bottom halves and more balance in general. I'm not the most graceful person either.

On another note, I LOVE the elliptical machines! The Precor 100i is my fave (has the snowshoe looking foot rests). I tend to stick with what I love and so I have to make myself jump on the bikes and treadmills but I'm going to try to learn as much as I can about all the machines at my Y and take as many classes as I can, to mix things up.

I stuck with what I knew today, since it's been almost a full month since I've been to the gym and I didn't want to hurt myself too badly. An hour on my favorite elliptical burned almost 600 calories and gave me a nice 'welcome back' although the first 20 minutes went by so slowly it felt like I was watching paint dry. Thankfully, the ole body figured out what it was supposed to do and got into the groove of things eventually.

I made an appointment to work with a trainer next week for weight training and I signed up for an assessment test too. It's the one from p.e. in middle school....3 minute step test, flexibility, etc. I know my results won't be stellar but it will give me a good starting point to monitor my success.

Note: I said success and not progress.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 03-16-2010, 05:32 PM   #285
FR

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Relationship Status:
dead

FR Has the BEST ReputationFR Has the BEST ReputationFR Has the BEST ReputationFR Has the BEST ReputationFR Has the BEST ReputationFR Has the BEST ReputationFR Has the BEST ReputationFR Has the BEST ReputationFR Has the BEST ReputationFR Has the BEST ReputationFR Has the BEST Reputation

hi peeps-now most of u know i dont post much but i felt like i could here. and i may be repeating info already here so please excuse i just cant read thru everything. some of u know me i am a short fat butch and have been that most of my life. a few years ago i fell and it turned my life for the worse. i have arthritis is both knees and a few other spot as well as other things. but most important was(is) my weight. i was very heavy and hbp, etc. now it took me a long time and i still cant do what i would like to but i did lose weight. took me about a year and half to lost almost 100 pounds.
i have gained a bit back and am still 10 pounds from what i call my first goal weight.
what i am doing and has been working for me is just making small changes in diet-- like looking at the ingrediants-i check sugar,fat and fiber content especially. i got more fiber in diet and multi grain or whole grains. supplemented where i needed to with vitamins -doing what i can a piece at a time.
now i know i will never be skinny and i wish it could be faster but i have to believe i am a work in progress. i am frustrated with doctors and have quit them for the most part. i prob need some help for a medication but i am reading up on naturak ways to help myself because i feel that is a better way to go. it is harder when u live by yourself and dont really like to cook for one. what i am saying is i support whatever way works for u. u can listen to advice and interpret that for urself. i commend all those in this thread-thanks for letting me spout off and rememeber the rabbit didnt win that race-the slow but sure old tortoise did.
FR is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FR For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2010, 09:29 AM   #286
PinkieLee

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
I need ya boo, gotta see ya boo

Thanked 13,086 Times in 3,051 Posts
PinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST Reputation

Good morning and another happy Monday biggest losers! I hope that everyone had a nice weekend and is back and at em' today!

Welcome FR! You are right my friend, the rabbit didn't win the race. None of us put this weight on overnight, and we shouldn't have some outlandish expectations on it coming off quickly. Good for you for making small changes first. I know for me, when I looked at the big picture, I felt overwelmed. How in the world was I gonna lose 100 pounds?! So, I started setting small step goals (15 pound increments and/or clothing sizes). Whatever it takes to get you going and keep the positive energy flowing is a plus. So, come back often and update us on your progress ~ we are all together on this journey.

It seems as though we are all super busy right now living life... it happens. I just wanted to let you all know how proud I am of you all for making healthy decisions for yourselves. I know I may sound like a broken record of positive thinking... but I am a firm believer that positive thinking brings about positive change!

Well, I went to the dr on Friday for my weekly weigh in... and I lost 5 pounds last week. That brings my total for 2 weeks to 8 pounds. I know, it might not seem like alot, but right now it's helping me remind myself that YES, I can do this.

When my ex and I were together, we lost quite a bit of weight together. I think that it was in the beginning, and I had lost about 15 pounds. I was whining that it didn't seem like much. We were in the grocery store in the produce section and she had me a 5 pound sack of potatoes, then another and another. She said, THAT'S how much weight that you aren't carrying around anymore. It was a great way for me to see the change, in those smaller increments.

Well anyway, I hope that everyone has a great week, and that healthy eating & exercising are going strong. Take care of yourselves my friends!!
PinkieLee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PinkieLee For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2010, 09:50 AM   #287
Melissa

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
married

Melissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST Reputation

Hello all....I've been reading the thread since it started and so I'm jumping in because I need motivation to lose my last 15 pounds. I've stalled out the last few months. On the positve side I haven't gained any back but I feel stuck. I've lost 23lbs over the last year or so plus I had a breast reduction about a year ago which has made me feel a lot better in so many ways.

Good luck to all and wish me luck too

Melissa
Melissa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Melissa For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2010, 03:44 PM   #288
Mrs. Strutt

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her
Relationship Status:
16 Years as Queen of Hys Castle

Mrs. Strutt Has the BEST ReputationMrs. Strutt Has the BEST ReputationMrs. Strutt Has the BEST ReputationMrs. Strutt Has the BEST ReputationMrs. Strutt Has the BEST ReputationMrs. Strutt Has the BEST ReputationMrs. Strutt Has the BEST ReputationMrs. Strutt Has the BEST ReputationMrs. Strutt Has the BEST ReputationMrs. Strutt Has the BEST ReputationMrs. Strutt Has the BEST Reputation

What a great thread, with lots of inspiring stories!

After some on-again, off-again yo-yo dieting over the past five years when I gained 80 lbs. having my daughter, I'm up to a 50 lb. weight loss. I have another 30 to lose to get to where I was when I got pregnant, and then probably another 20 on top of that to get down to a healthy weight for my height and frame.

After a lot of time and tears spent on wondering why I kept "failing" on diets, I decided to sit down and really think about the whole process. Over the past year, I've come to the following conclusions and I hope they might be helpful for someone else.

1. "Diets" always fail. It's lifestyle changes that win in the end.
I do not have a count, weight and measure personality. I can follow a prescribed program for a period of time, such as Weight Watches or Body For Life, but I will never be able to sustain that type of program over the long haul. So I figured out how I thought I could eat for the rest of my life and came up with a weight loss plan that is just a portion-restricted version of how I will always eat from now on...what I know I can live with forever.

What I came up with was this: each meal I eat consists of 1/3 protein, 1/3 "slow" carbs (such as low-sugar fruits and green vegetables, and 1/3 "fast" carbs (such as whole grains, pastas and breads). I eat three meals a day, plus two snacks, and I do not limit any type of foods...I eat whatever I want, I just make sure they are in those proportions and in modest portions. The proteins and "slow" carbs minimize the effects of the "fast" carbs, even if they are sweets or pasta, and I have averaged a 1-2 lb. weight loss each week this way. And I don't feel one bit deprived since nothing is "off limits".

2. There is no escaping the importance of exercise in weight loss, so I exercise for at least 10 minutes every day.
I like weights and cardio, but I'm really busy and I don't always have time for those...yet I know how important exercise is. I have recently gotten into yoga and the DVDs I have contain routines that range anywhere from 10 to 60 minutes. Even 10-15 minutes of yoga is pretty damned effective and has given me some great muscle definition and flexibility, plus it helps me to burn more calories.

3. I refuse to beat myself up for "falling off the wagon".
One stressful day, I grabbed one of Mr. Strutt's Moon pies and ate it, then spent 10 minutes beating myself up about what a failure I was. And then I decided that was ridiculous and forced myself to put my "failure" into perspective. It takes 3,000 calories to gain a pound and that damned Moon pie was 130 calories. Oh freaking well, huh? So it wasn't the best choice, but why should I negate a 95% success rate over the rest of my week because I made one slip? Acknowledge a not-so-great choice and then just move on!

4. No more "event-driven" weight loss goals, ever.
Stories from my friends and experiences of my own have convinced me that the best way to fail is to concoct an "event-driven" weight loss goal...like, cousin Suzy is getting married in six months so I have to chuck 50 lbs. so I can dazzle everyone at the wedding. Every single time I set a weight loss goal based on a future event, I am miserable...the pressure to "succeed" leads to unrealistic expectations and there is no way I ever make it. Once I learned to let go of goals and pressures and just focus on getting healthy, one week at a time, with no set deadline, I can't tell you how much more relaxed and happy I became with the process. And how much more successful I've become as well.

And yep, I have days where the "one slip" becomes a bit more than a 130-calorie Moon pie (those enchiladas verdes at Carmelita's, damn it), but overall, it has worked for me

You all rock...thanks for the additional inspiration!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...FLR/sunset.jpg

"If I can put one touch of rosy sunset into the life of any man or woman,
I shall feel that I have worked with God."

- Gilbert Keith Chesterton
Mrs. Strutt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mrs. Strutt For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2010, 07:19 PM   #289
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Tomorrow is my evaluation and I'm stoked about it. I had a great workout today and will get a lot of sleep tonight since my appointment's not first thing in the morning. I'm thinking kick ass thoughts. Anyone can do anything for a few minutes, right?

The past two days have been challenging in many regards. I live in a small military town and we had over 5000 sailors descend on us for the weekend. The ship pulls out tomorrow, so today is not as frantic as the last two have been. I worked from 6:45am-almost 8pm last night. A lot of folks might be used to that but I have some seriously tired feet!

So, I stopped at the grocery store and indulged my inner child accidentally. I wasn't there to do so but it kind of wound up happening. *sheepish grin*

I've been denying her GS Samoas for a long time ($4 a box! Tons 'o calories/fat!) and last night, she saw that Dreyers had a GS Samoas ice cream......and it was on sale. That pleased the adult in me. Soooo....I had ice cream last night and it was NOT low calorie/carb/anything but it WAS high in taste and I felt like I got a reward for couple of rough days. I still have NO idea how they think that a half or quarter cup is a serving.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 03-23-2010, 02:01 AM   #290
imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

Thanked 9,726 Times in 1,613 Posts
imperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputation

I was so healthy when I got back from Indonesia and malaysia. I had lost a ton of wieght, I was lightly tanned, rested, well exersized, detoxed from the all day sweating in equitorial heat while running around through temples and waterfall hikes and snorkling for three hours at a time. I didn't diet. I just ate local food, not the westrn tourist food.

I had the glossiest thickest hair, clearest skin, sparkly eyes and my clothes at home were too big.

after two months of being back, eating western food again, and city living... I went back to feeling like sh*t and my clothes being tight.

So, I decided that I was going to try and cut out the same things that weren't in the south east asian diet. funny enough, those things were cut out of my diet many years ago when I went to a naturopath to help me with my depression and wieght and low energy etc etc. I know I have "sensativites" to these things. I also cycle to work and back, which equals about an hour of strong-moderate exercise. about 15 Km per day ( that's 1.6 km to the mile for the old measurements).

my work mate at the new job told me she was training to be a naturopath (super knowledgable dietician that will try and address health problems by fine tuning your diet)
She also told me if I wanted, one of canada's best naturopath's was doing teaching seminars at her college and if I wanted to be a teaching subject it would only cost me £20 (naturopathy is not covered by the NHS here... ). I said yes, for sure!

so I got a three hour consult.

been following very carefully. No dairy, no wheat, no sweetners (my liver is bad enough), no fizzy water or drinks (kidneys aren't the best), a cup of hot water and lemon first thing in the morning to clean me out, a cup of detox tea with my breckfast when I get to work (plain organic puffed rice, soy yogurt, blueberries, tablespoon of agave syrup or date syrup). Lunch is yam noodles, shredded leafy greens (cabbage, kale, spinach) and white fish in a nice hot spicy malay broth. dinner... varies.

but it's usually good.

I've gained 1.5 kilos (2.2 pounds to a kilogram). However I can fit back into my skinny pencil skirt with room to spare. What I want is more energy, better skin (the glowy kind like I had), less health problems, being kind to the organs I abuse or that don't function all that well to begin with and it would be very nice to fit back into a size 16UK like I did a couple summers ago. It makes it so much easier to buy clothes. I hate the fat girl clothes I have to buy cause it's mainstream crap that isn't me. I HATE wearing mainstream shit that doesn't reflect who I am.

I'm never fit into the stuff I want to buy in Camden Market (you have to be a 14 year old bulimic) but I would at least like to walk into some of the alternative shops in brighton and be able to squeeze into their largest size.

Plus less wieght does make walking in super high shoes much easier and less painful.

It's a huge lifestyle change, but one I'm much happier in. Not eating milk and bread in western cultures is irritatingly difficult sometimes. Our diet is based around it.

I buy myself little treats every week for helping change my diet drastically. it's also nice to be able to have the energy to work all day, cycle home, and do an hour of house work. THEN colapse. It's a huge change from struggling through work, tube then bus then lay on the bed, exhausted.
imperfect_cupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to imperfect_cupcake For This Useful Post:
Old 04-03-2010, 03:26 AM   #291
canmarielan

How Do You Identify?:
Loud mouth, big hair, spunky Texas Femme lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
It's a SHE!!!!
Relationship Status:
PKCL0204

Thanked 1,134 Times in 326 Posts
canmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputation

Single and Unemployed.

I suppose it's easy for me to use these things as an excuse. I'm pretty sure I've gained at least 10 lbs back from what I had lost.

It's difficult, because I know what has to be done. I shouldn't punish myself for back sliding we all do it.....but so soon in the game?? Only 3 months into it?

Not good enough, Candace.

Pick your head up, quit being lazy, and get back on track.

Yepp that's it.

Today April 3rd 2010 is my restarting point.

Balls to the wall, I'm doing this shit.

Seriously, and I know I keep sayin this. I keep trying to convince myself to get off my ass and do it, but I NEED to do it.

Now that I am pretty sure I won't be moving back to Texas until later in the year, I have something to motivate me. I want to lose the weight so that when I move home I can be a whole new person. I can truelly start my life over and begin again a happier healthier me.

Can I do this?

yes, with everyone's support I can.

I HAVE TO DO THIS AND SO DO YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

So, ladies and gents and genderfucks.......let's DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who's with me???
canmarielan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to canmarielan For This Useful Post:
Old 04-03-2010, 08:44 AM   #292
Liam

How Do You Identify?:
Guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His

Thanked 6,911 Times in 1,862 Posts
Liam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by canmarielan View Post

Who's with me???
I'm with you, Candace!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Liam For This Useful Post:
Old 04-03-2010, 11:21 AM   #293
amiyesiam

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/they
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 10,138 Times in 2,161 Posts
amiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

for March 0 lost, 0 gained. 335 minutes of exercise. I really started slacking off the end of the month. New month new start. And Candace, been waiting on ya, knew you would be back!!!!!!!!!!

oh and we stopped drinking pop 9 days ago.

A year from now you will wish that you started today~Karen Lamb
amiyesiam is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to amiyesiam For This Useful Post:
Old 04-03-2010, 05:21 PM   #294
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

I've slacked off a bit too but have held steady with the weight, thankfully. I need to tone, tone, tone!

On a 'gee, thanks for bringing this though you KNOW I'm trying to cut down on sweets' note, my coworker brought those super sweet candy eggs (not Cadbury or any of the chocolate ones....the pure candy ones).

*sigh*

*munch*

I love these.

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 04-07-2010, 01:39 PM   #295
Liam

How Do You Identify?:
Guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His

Thanked 6,911 Times in 1,862 Posts
Liam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST Reputation

I am finally at a level of health, where I can acutally start my new healthy lifestyle, and I am very excited. I have had months to explore diets, learn about how the metabolism works, and check out low impact exercises. I have chosen Prevention magazine's The Flat Belly Diet, because it doesn't require purchasing a bunch of food that isn't in my pantry, and with all of my food allergies, substitutions are easy to do. The gist of this diet is 1,600 calories a day—four meals, each 400 calories, never go more than four hours with eating, and a MUFA (mono unsaturated fatty acid)with each meal. MUFAs are avacados, oils (canola, safflower, flaxseed, olive, soybean, sunflower, walnut and peanut,) olives, nuts and seeds and my personal favourite—dark chocolate. I started eating MUFA snacks two weeks ago, and already I can tell that my fat belly has decreased.

I purchased a bodyblade for exercise, and I am amazed at how this one and half pound strip of carbon can develop muscle quickly. I used to use free weights and this seriously gives them some competition. Its perfect for those who require a low-impact method of exercise and/or find themselves bedridden or in a wheel-chair. Its simple, doesn't take up a lot of room, and I'm impressed. Check it out at www.bodyblade.com

Last edited by Liam; 04-07-2010 at 01:41 PM. Reason: left out olives! :-o
Liam is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Liam For This Useful Post:
Old 04-07-2010, 02:16 PM   #296
Diavolo

How Do You Identify?:
Butch

Diavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Single and Unemployed.

I suppose it's easy for me to use these things as an excuse. I'm pretty sure I've gained at least 10 lbs back from what I had lost.

It's difficult, because I know what has to be done. I shouldn't punish myself for back sliding we all do it.....but so soon in the game?? Only 3 months into it?

Not good enough, Candace.

Pick your head up, quit being lazy, and get back on track.

Yepp that's it.

Today April 3rd 2010 is my restarting point.

Balls to the wall, I'm doing this shit.

Seriously, and I know I keep sayin this. I keep trying to convince myself to get off my ass and do it, but I NEED to do it.

Now that I am pretty sure I won't be moving back to Texas until later in the year, I have something to motivate me. I want to lose the weight so that when I move home I can be a whole new person. I can truelly start my life over and begin again a happier healthier me.

Can I do this?

yes, with everyone's support I can.

I HAVE TO DO THIS AND SO DO YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

So, ladies and gents and genderfucks.......let's DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who's with me???

One thing I'd like to share that we work on with my Body for Life group...it's starting over. Or re-starts. You're not really starting over, you're just picking up where you left off. It's a life change you're doing and that takes time. So you stumbled a little? So fucking what? Dust yourself off and keep moving forward. You'll get there. Although once you move it'll be all three of the trifecta of major life changes - relationship, work and home. I did that back in 1998. Never looked back. It's not going to be perfect, just work on being better today than you were yesterday.
Diavolo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Diavolo For This Useful Post:
Old 04-08-2010, 03:37 AM   #297
FR

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Relationship Status:
dead

FR Has the BEST ReputationFR Has the BEST ReputationFR Has the BEST ReputationFR Has the BEST ReputationFR Has the BEST ReputationFR Has the BEST ReputationFR Has the BEST ReputationFR Has the BEST ReputationFR Has the BEST ReputationFR Has the BEST ReputationFR Has the BEST Reputation

--ok i know what some may think--but as far as im concerned jillian michaels needs a pointy stick up her butt.

Old 04-10-2010, 12:32 AM   #298
FR

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Relationship Status:
dead

say has anyone ever tried that master cleanse drink? and if so are u in the john all night or what? ty
Old 04-10-2010, 01:30 AM   #299
canmarielan

How Do You Identify?:
Loud mouth, big hair, spunky Texas Femme lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
It's a SHE!!!!
Relationship Status:
PKCL0204

Thanked 1,134 Times in 326 Posts
canmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputation

haven't cleansed....thought about trying it though...if y'all try it let me know how it goes *wink*

So, I have been doing okay. Keeping my head up...making the changes I know are necessary. I haven't been sticking perfectly to low-cal stuff.....But, I am doing much better than I had been for those few weeks....

This evening I made sausage/cabbage soup.

Ingredients:

Cabbage
Turkey Sausage
A few red potatoes
Red Kidney Beans
Black Beans
1 can Rotel
1 Red Onion
Lots of Garlic and Chili Powder

Yummy McYummerson. Only The Potatoes have high calories and mixed all together it's a great source of Protein and Good Carbs.

*smiles*

Hope everyong is doing well. I'm going to weigh in on Monday and see where I stand.

It's been a few weeks since I've weighed
canmarielan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 06:57 PM   #300
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:
Originally Posted by FR View Post
say has anyone ever tried that master cleanse drink? and if so are u in the john all night or what? ty
I can imagine it would work like a laxative and yes, there would be some bathroom time, but products nowadays are usually geared to work overnight and so you should be done later in the morning, I'd think.

Quote:
haven't cleansed....thought about trying it though...if y'all try it let me know how it goes *wink*

So, I have been doing okay. Keeping my head up...making the changes I know are necessary. I haven't been sticking perfectly to low-cal stuff.....But, I am doing much better than I had been for those few weeks....

This evening I made sausage/cabbage soup.

Ingredients:

Cabbage
Turkey Sausage
A few red potatoes
Red Kidney Beans
Black Beans
1 can Rotel
1 Red Onion
Lots of Garlic and Chili Powder

Yummy McYummerson. Only The Potatoes have high calories and mixed all together it's a great source of Protein and Good Carbs.

*smiles*

Hope everyong is doing well. I'm going to weigh in on Monday and see where I stand.

It's been a few weeks since I've weighed
You can help to change the glycemic index of the potatoes if you find a way to get some apple cider vinegar in your recipe. It sounds yummy though.

I'm misunderestimated.