Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 09-20-2010, 04:02 PM   #281
pajama

How Do You Identify?:
Klingon
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 7,480 Times in 1,809 Posts
pajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
Organic and I are getting back into the swing of things after nearly a week off (we really need to work on our continuity) and are doing weight training and cardio. Pretty basic, but it's much better than doing nothing at all.
Yeah, I've had a wee issue with continuity these last 10 days or so.

But on another note, added another leg machine to my circuit today. Definetly working the added weight without problem, and upped my reps on the ball crunches. perverts I am going to try on some of my older pants too, because all the last ones I was up to can now be pulled down without even unbuttoning them. Which can have it's advantages....however not at work.

Keep up the good work everybody!

And Jet, get thee to a physician. Hope you feel better soon.

A
pajama is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pajama For This Useful Post:
Old 09-20-2010, 04:18 PM   #282
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,770 Times in 25,661 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by pajara2 View Post
Yeah, I've had a wee issue with continuity these last 10 days or so.

But on another note, added another leg machine to my circuit today. Definetly working the added weight without problem, and upped my reps on the ball crunches. perverts I am going to try on some of my older pants too, because all the last ones I was up to can now be pulled down without even unbuttoning them. Which can have it's advantages....however not at work.

Keep up the good work everybody!

And Jet, get thee to a physician. Hope you feel better soon.

A
I found a new to me machine today!

I didn't use it but I did find it.

I was already on the elliptical and in the process of realizing that it's (the elliptical) the ONLY one of its kind in the gym and it's made for someone probably about 6 ft tall with a more, shall I say, orangutangal reach.

Read: for those that haven't met me, I have seriously short arms.

Anywho, I saw this lady on a machine that mimicked the movements of the old leg curls where you laid down on the bench on your stomach and slid your feet under the weights to lift in order to tighten the glutes and hams and such. Every place I've gone to in the past few years has said "this machine does the same thing, only safer" and it's bull-hockey. It may be safer, but it does NOT tighten like that machine did. I think that this new one just might. I'll try it next time.

My problem is that I work out better, harder, and longer when I'm on my own and now I come with my honey and sometimes Arwen. I love having them there and it's not like we all do the same thing, but with two to three of us carpooling, we have different time restrictions and, frankly, I tend to socialize more when I actually have someone to socialize with. Earth-shattering revelation, I'm sure.

So, I'm doing okay now but I'm not seeing the progress I'm used to seeing. I'm also not entirely sure I'm acclimating as fast as I'd like to too.

Without that steady progress, I find it much easier to say "Not today, honey." and "Can we just do half an hour this time?" instead of "Let's bust some balls and take some names! Hoorah!"

Notice how good I am being not to mention the whole pants fall down thing.

:innocent me:

I also agree, Jet. Have your injury checked out by a professional. You don't want to play around with your shoulder.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 09-20-2010, 05:54 PM   #283
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,646 Times in 1,293 Posts
Jet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST Reputation

I'm calling the doc's office tomorrow, theres something really wrong here, meantime, relax and watch the game on ice off and on tonight.
Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 05:57 PM   #284
pajama

How Do You Identify?:
Klingon
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

pajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
I found a new to me machine today!

I didn't use it but I did find it.

I was already on the elliptical and in the process of realizing that it's (the elliptical) the ONLY one of its kind in the gym and it's made for someone probably about 6 ft tall with a more, shall I say, orangutangal reach.

Read: for those that haven't met me, I have seriously short arms.

Anywho, I saw this lady on a machine that mimicked the movements of the old leg curls where you laid down on the bench on your stomach and slid your feet under the weights to lift in order to tighten the glutes and hams and such. Every place I've gone to in the past few years has said "this machine does the same thing, only safer" and it's bull-hockey. It may be safer, but it does NOT tighten like that machine did. I think that this new one just might. I'll try it next time.

My problem is that I work out better, harder, and longer when I'm on my own and now I come with my honey and sometimes Arwen. I love having them there and it's not like we all do the same thing, but with two to three of us carpooling, we have different time restrictions and, frankly, I tend to socialize more when I actually have someone to socialize with. Earth-shattering revelation, I'm sure.

So, I'm doing okay now but I'm not seeing the progress I'm used to seeing. I'm also not entirely sure I'm acclimating as fast as I'd like to too.

Without that steady progress, I find it much easier to say "Not today, honey." and "Can we just do half an hour this time?" instead of "Let's bust some balls and take some names! Hoorah!"

Notice how good I am being not to mention the whole pants fall down thing.

:innocent me:

I also agree, Jet. Have your injury checked out by a professional. You don't want to play around with your shoulder.
OMG I am WAAAAAY too uncoordinated for an eliptical machine. I've tried and tried and half the time end up hurting my knees 'cause I can't make it run smooth.

Laying on the ground with your knees bent and doing pelvic thrusts helps the gluts and hammies. I look ridiculous, and I'm sure the guys at the gym are wanting to hurl, but it works so

And funny you mention about the workout buddies. J (The Boy, my son) was saying today that he needed to go to the gym more. I go when he's in school. I told him I would change my workout time and take him, but that I work out. I don't chit chat, and I work for 45min to an hour and that he would just have to deal with it. I said "I put my earbuds in and I work it." So I totally understand when there are others around. Not to mention he works the same machines I do, and he's 6'4" and well I'm not. So I would have to be changing the machines every time, which is not condusive to the aerobic circuit I like to do.

Last edited by pajama; 09-20-2010 at 05:58 PM. Reason: to, too, two
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pajama For This Useful Post:
Old 09-20-2010, 06:19 PM   #285
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Jet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST Reputation

I dinged this shoulder really good this time from doing upright rows with heavy weights. I'm mentioning this as a caution for anybody doing exercises with weights. I stretched and warmed up too. I'm really pissed about this because I've starting making gains with P90x. Now another delay.
*shakes head* You wouldn't believe how many excerises engages the shoulders. Almost all of them.

Last edited by Jet; 09-20-2010 at 06:22 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jet For This Useful Post:
Old 09-20-2010, 08:28 PM   #286
shadows papa

How Do You Identify?:
With a Warning Label
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her Bastard
Relationship Status:
Peaceful Easy

Thanked 1,644 Times in 485 Posts
shadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputation

Today was upper body and abs at the gym. Did a 20 minute warmup run on the treadmill,worked shoulders,arms,upper and mid-back,chest and abs,then a 20 minute cooldown run. It's a great stress reliever. After the 25 mile bike ride this coming Saturday and the mountain bike race in October,it looks like I'll be able to afford a couple of days a week in the pool for lap swimming after my next clinical which ends in mid-November. Now it's off to bed and trying to increase my sleep by an hour. Maybe it'll increase my brain power!
Old 09-21-2010, 10:33 AM   #287
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Thanked 8,994 Times in 2,249 Posts
Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet View Post
it isn't my rotator cuff as i thought. its almost the entire shoulder. im typing with one hand, the other one is holding up ice.
Not a nurse but maybe can help.

I seem to remember once you mentioned you have a juicer.

First read foods- pro-inflammatory food to avoid while healing. Trust me, this is huge and you'd never thing it.

http://nutrition.about.com/od/dietsf...inflamfood.htm

Now try juicing celery and drink as much as you can. Some people hate it. I drink it everyday with carrot juice. I also often juice organic spinach. Eat a lot of pears.

There has been major changes in my joints and back since doing this. If I overwork myself or twist something I stay away from tomatoes, potatos, foods I know might make it worse and increase anti-inflammatory fruits and veggies.

Then see if you can find biofreeze, run hot water over it 10 min if you can, dry and then apply the biofreeze
Old 09-21-2010, 10:58 AM   #288
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Dr. Perricone's List of pro-inflammatory foods.

Stay away from pro-inflammatory foods, which accelerate the aging process. A simple rule of thumb is to consider the following: If it contains flour, and/or sugar or other sweetener, it will be pro-inflammatory. Sugary, starchy foods are poor choices and will not only pack on excess pounds, they will make you look older than your years.

Bagels
Breads, rolls, baked goods
Candy
Cake
Cookies
Cereals (except old fashioned oatmeal)
Cornstarch
Corn bread, corn muffins
Corn syrup
Crackers
Croissants
Doughnuts
Egg rolls
Fast food
French Fries
Fruit juice—choose the fruit instead
Fried foods
Flour
Granola
Hard cheese (except for feta and grating cheeses, such as Romano and Parmesan)
Honey
Hot dogs
Ice cream, frozen yogurt, Italian ices
Jams, jellies and preserves
Margarine
Molasses
Muffins
Noodles
Pancakes
Pastry
Pie
Pita bread
Pizza
Pasta
Popcorn
Potatoes
Pudding
Relish
Rice
Sherbet
Shortening
Snack foods, including: potato chips, pretzels, corn chips, rice and corn cakes, etc.
Soda
Sugar
Tacos
Tortillas
Waffles

Fortunately I don't eat anything on the list except rice (brown)

Sachita, I don't own a juicer and I don't care for pears. Thanks for the information though. My shoulder is a little better today having iced it off and on last night. Now it feels like a "kink." I can't see a doc until; the 5th, the medical clinic doesn't take my insurance. So, I'm going to have to tough this out.

I did upright rows and corkscrew curls. I should have backed off the weight and didn't. But at the time, It didn't feel like anything was wrong. Let this be a lesson.
Old 09-21-2010, 11:31 AM   #289
sweetbutch26

How Do You Identify?:
Butch/stud/boi
Preferred Pronoun?:
mr/he :p
Relationship Status:
single

sweetbutch26 Has the BEST Reputationsweetbutch26 Has the BEST Reputationsweetbutch26 Has the BEST Reputationsweetbutch26 Has the BEST Reputationsweetbutch26 Has the BEST Reputationsweetbutch26 Has the BEST Reputationsweetbutch26 Has the BEST Reputationsweetbutch26 Has the BEST Reputationsweetbutch26 Has the BEST Reputationsweetbutch26 Has the BEST Reputationsweetbutch26 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Dr. Perricone's List of pro-inflammatory foods.

Stay away from pro-inflammatory foods, which accelerate the aging process. A simple rule of thumb is to consider the following: If it contains flour, and/or sugar or other sweetener, it will be pro-inflammatory. Sugary, starchy foods are poor choices and will not only pack on excess pounds, they will make you look older than your years.

Bagels
Breads, rolls, baked goods
Candy
Cake
Cookies
Cereals (except old fashioned oatmeal)
Cornstarch
Corn bread, corn muffins
Corn syrup
Crackers
Croissants
Doughnuts
Egg rolls
Fast food
French Fries
Fruit juice—choose the fruit instead
Fried foods
Flour
Granola
Hard cheese (except for feta and grating cheeses, such as Romano and Parmesan)
Honey
Hot dogs
Ice cream, frozen yogurt, Italian ices
Jams, jellies and preserves
Margarine
Molasses
Muffins
Noodles
Pancakes
Pastry
Pie
Pita bread
Pizza
Pasta
Popcorn
Potatoes
Pudding
Relish
Rice
Sherbet
Shortening
Snack foods, including: potato chips, pretzels, corn chips, rice and corn cakes, etc.
Soda
Sugar
Tacos
Tortillas
Waffles

Fortunately I don't eat anything on the list except rice (brown)

Sachita, I don't own a juicer and I don't care for pears. Thanks for the information though. My shoulder is a little better today having iced it off and on last night. Now it feels like a "kink." I can't see a doc until; the 5th, the medical clinic doesn't take my insurance. So, I'm going to have to tough this out.

I did upright rows and corkscrew curls. I should have backed off the weight and didn't. But at the time, It didn't feel like anything was wrong. Let this be a lesson.
omg make a list of what we should eat
sweetbutch26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 11:39 AM   #290
Glenn

How Do You Identify?:
Dear Ol Butch Bones
Preferred Pronoun?:
Old Thing
Relationship Status:
Too old to play.

Thanked 3,732 Times in 1,096 Posts
Glenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST Reputation

Why is that butch squatting in the curl rack eating a Dove bar?
Glenn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Glenn For This Useful Post:
Old 09-21-2010, 11:46 AM   #291
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Quote:
Originally Posted by popcorninthesofa View Post
Who's that butch squatting in the curl rack eating a Dove bar?
I dunno, who is that butch?
Old 09-21-2010, 12:25 PM   #292
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Does Muscle Weigh More Than Fat?

A pound of muscle, a pound of fat: What's the difference?
By Martica Heaner, M.A., M.Ed., for MSN Health & Fitness

Q. Does muscle really weigh more than fat? I am a trainer and am frequently asked this question by members of my gym. I have heard conflicting reports and can’t seem to find the right answer.

A. No, muscle does not weigh more than fat. A pound of muscle weighs exactly the same as a pound of fat—they both weigh one pound!

This commonly cited gym cliché is somewhat misunderstood and misused. The rationale that muscle weighs more than fat is often cited as an explanation for why a person might find that they aren’t losing weight, or are gaining weight, when they kick off an exercise regimen. The idea seems to be that if you are exercising—and theoretically losing fat and gaining muscle at the same time—the effects cancel each other out. So, in theory, you won’t see desired weight loss as measured by pounds on the scale, even though you may be improving how you look.

You certainly can improve your appearance with exercise without always seeing a change in your body weight—by becoming firmer, more sculpted and sometimes leaner. But that doesn’t mean that you are gaining massive amounts of muscle, or losing lots of fat.

Muscle Does Not Turn To Fat

Some people believe that if they start working out they turn their fat into muscle or that, if they stop working out, their muscle will turn into fat. Neither is true; each tissue is distinctly different. You can gain muscle or lose weight, and you can gain or lose more body fat, but they don’t convert into each other. Both gaining and losing muscle and/or fat can both affect your body weight on the scale, depending upon the magnitude of the body fat or body muscle increase or decrease.

To gain significant amounts of muscle, you not only have to do the type of exercise that stimulates muscle growth—progressive and intense resistance training—you also have to eat more calories than normal to fuel the process. Most people who exercise, especially women, do not perform resistance training at this level, nor do they eat more to try to build muscle. Even if they did, it could take many months to increase muscle mass by just a few pounds.

Body Fat Tests

Some people get their body fat tested at the gym, either by using skin calipers or a portable, step-on, body-fat scale. These measurements may show shifts in muscle-to-fat ratios, making it appear that a person has gained pounds of muscle and lost pounds worth of fat, whether or not the normal body-weight scale registers any big changes. Whether these potentially large changes in fat and muscle mass are accurate is up for debate.

On the body-fat scale, for example, you can get a dramatically different estimate of these figures from the same “weigh-in” based on whether you are input as a “normal” person or an “athlete.” So at the exact same moment a scale may show that you are at 18 percent body fat or at 27 percent body fat, for example. This large discrepancy is because the formulas used in these types of machines to calculate your measurements are based on estimates.

And there’s always a “standard deviation” in these estimated readings from calipers and body-fat scales. In other words, your result may not be as specific as you think it is, it falls within a range.

Why Doesn’t Exercise Always Affect Body Weight?

If someone is working out and not losing weight, or not losing as much as they want—or if they’re actually gaining weight—the first place to look is the type and amount of exercise.

Weight loss boils down to burning more calories than you normally use in a day. Cardio exercise burns more calories than muscle-toning or the average resistance-training workout. So dialing down the stretching and core work to just once or twice a week, and replacing it with more cardio should produce more weight loss. And the more minutes the better when it comes to weight loss: An hour to 90 minutes of aerobic activity per day on most days of the week will affect body weight.

Some people get overly obsessed about numbers on the scale. If you are happy with the way you look and feel, and you feel like you are improving your fitness and strength, then continue doing what you are doing. Exercise works, and every minute of movement helps your health in some way. Weight loss through working out may be slower than you want, but it’s likely to be longer term solution and a healthier way to trim down and shape up, or at the very least to stave off weight gain over the years.

More from Martica on MSN Health & Fitness.

Do you have a fitness or weight-loss question for Martica? Send e-mail to experts@microsoft.com. Please include Ask Martica in the subject line. Each of our experts responds to one question each week and the responses are posted on Mondays on MSN Health. We regret that we cannot provide a personalized response to every submission.

Martica Heaner, Ph.D., M.A., M.Ed., is a Manhattan-based exercise physiologist and nutritionist, and an award-winning fitness instructor and health writer. She has a Ph.D. in behavioral nutrition and physical activity from Columbia University, and is also a NASM-certified personal trainer. She has written hundreds of articles for publications such as Self , Health , Prevention , The New York Times and others. Martica is the author of eight books, including her latest, Cross-Training for Dummies.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jet For This Useful Post:
Old 09-21-2010, 01:08 PM   #293
dark_crystal
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
jenny
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl
Relationship Status:
First Lady of the United SMH

Thanked 26,592 Times in 4,691 Posts
dark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetbutch26 View Post
omg make a list of what we should eat
Beans
Brazil nuts (or other nuts)
fruits
vegetables
yogurt
lean meats
FISH
eggs
oatmeal
water
Old 09-21-2010, 01:11 PM   #294
dark_crystal
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
jenny
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl
Relationship Status:

dark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Does Muscle Weigh More Than Fat?
my nutrionist tested my body composition with electrodes. i found out my scale shows 2% more than the electrodes. Valuable info
Old 09-21-2010, 03:36 PM   #295
SnackTime

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
UNattainable

2 Highscores

Thanked 13,229 Times in 2,884 Posts
SnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST Reputation

I started working out again after renewing my membership at the gym last week. I will be lifting weight with the lower body on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. I do a mile warm up on the elliptical. On Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays is my elliptical/treadmill days. I will soon be adding swimming to my workout regime (well actually kicking with fins and kick board). I am rather limited as to what I can do right now with recovering from shoulder surgery. I believe Shad and I came up with an idea that will allow me to get into the pool and start kicking, since I am unable to stretch the left arm out to hold a kick board.
SnackTime is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SnackTime For This Useful Post:
Old 09-21-2010, 03:42 PM   #296
pajama

How Do You Identify?:
Klingon
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnackTime View Post
I started working out again after renewing my membership at the gym last week. I will be lifting weight with the lower body on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. I do a mile warm up on the elliptical. On Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Thursdays is my elliptical/treadmill days. I will soon be adding swimming to my workout regime (well actually kicking with fins and kick board). I am rather limited as to what I can do right now with recovering from shoulder surgery. I believe Shad and I came up with an idea that will allow me to get into the pool and start kicking, since I am unable to stretch the left arm out to hold a kick board.
Good job man. See it helps to have a future PTA as a roomie. He'll be figuring out all kinds of torture to put you through that won't actually hurt your shoulder. LOL
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pajama For This Useful Post:
Old 09-21-2010, 03:53 PM   #297
SnackTime

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
UNattainable

2 Highscores

SnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Good job man. See it helps to have a future PTA as a roomie. He'll be figuring out all kinds of torture to put you through that won't actually hurt your shoulder. LOL
LOL...hy has already done the torture thing by getting my hooked on cycling. At first I was like, You want to do what? Climb what? hahaha

Last night, we were discussing the swimming thing. We came up with the idea of getting a ball (like a dodge ball or kick ball) and and holding it with my left hand against my abdomen and of course hold the kick board with the right hand. The ball will hopefully balance me while kicking. Hy also thinks the ball will help work the core since you will be trying to balance.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SnackTime For This Useful Post:
Old 09-21-2010, 04:33 PM   #298
shadows papa

How Do You Identify?:
With a Warning Label
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her Bastard
Relationship Status:
Peaceful Easy

Thanked 1,644 Times in 485 Posts
shadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Y'all know I try to help a brother any way I CAN!! But for some reason Snack refused to let me practice range of motion or manual muscle testing on his shoulder two days post-op! I live and breathe to addict folks to the drug of cycling and spread the word of nirvana on two wheels!
Old 09-21-2010, 05:09 PM   #299
SnackTime

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
UNattainable

2 Highscores

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadows papa View Post
Y'all know I try to help a brother any way I CAN!! But for some reason Snack refused to let me practice range of motion or manual muscle testing on his shoulder two days post-op! I live and breathe to addict folks to the drug of cycling and spread the word of nirvana on two wheels!
<grumbling> at ROM and muscle testing

LOL
Old 09-21-2010, 11:25 PM   #300
dark_crystal
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
jenny
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_crystal View Post
my nutrionist tested my body composition with electrodes. i found out my scale shows 2% more than the electrodes. Valuable info
clarification per request via rep. message: valuable info because i know i can believe my scale if i just always subtract 2%...and because i am in recovery from anorexia and my nutritionist has convinced me to ignore the pounds and concentrate on body composition- if i can keep my fat percentage below 25% i am "perfect" no matter how much i weigh