Old 08-01-2011, 08:38 PM   #301
Jess
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
decidedly indifferent
Preferred Pronoun?:
other

Thanked 5,702 Times in 1,684 Posts
Jess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by tapu View Post
I always wanted to name a cat Marco and then go around the neighborhood yelling, "Marco!"
oddly enough, the folks at our local Wally world think my name is Marco.... I get, em. lost. sometimes...
Jess is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jess For This Useful Post:
Old 08-02-2011, 07:11 PM   #302
Chazz

How Do You Identify?:
cisBUTCH
Preferred Pronoun?:
hey
Relationship Status:
Single - gave up the farce

Chazz Has the BEST ReputationChazz Has the BEST ReputationChazz Has the BEST ReputationChazz Has the BEST ReputationChazz Has the BEST ReputationChazz Has the BEST ReputationChazz Has the BEST ReputationChazz Has the BEST ReputationChazz Has the BEST ReputationChazz Has the BEST ReputationChazz Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heart View Post
In reference to BV, I am cross-posting this blog link in a couple of threads.

http://butchenough.wordpress.com/201...pe-not-a-line/

Carry on.

These quotes lifted from BUTCH ENOUGH are kinda priceless:

"Clearly many female-identified butches at BV feel like there are issues around sexism/misogyny (among other points) that aren’t being addressed. And it is just as clear, based on the recent ouster, who holds the power in the organization."

"Any time you use a [linear] structure like ["masculine of center"], there is an implicit (or sometimes explicit) rating or ranking, that leaves some gender expressions as “more” and some as “less”. Thus, differences in expression of masculinity are quantitative rather than qualitative. That is, it becomes about different amounts of masculinity, rather than different kinds.

"[T]he official statement written by Butch Voices Board President Krys Freeman....explicitly casts female-identified butches as outsiders that BV is “working” to include. Apart from the absurdity of a large group of butches, probably a majority of butches, being outsiders in an organization called Butch Voices, recent events would suggest that these efforts to “include” female-identified butches are not very effective. Of course, mere inclusion shouldn’t really be the goal anyway. For Butch Voices to be the organization it claims to be, true power-sharing would have to happen. Female-identified butches would have to have equal footing in the organizational power structure, rather than be outsiders the organization is trying to include – on its own terms."

"If the BV board finds “butch” to be such a stigmatized term that they want to cover it over with “masculine of center” (a profoundly imperfect term in its own right), fine. But they should start with the name of the organization itself and leave the word “butch” to those of us who wear it with honor and with pride. Anything else is shameless hypocrisy."

Here's what I wish.... I wish people would stop acting like the stuff going on at BV is unusual.
Chazz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Chazz For This Useful Post:
Old 08-03-2011, 06:18 AM   #303
OS Butch

How Do You Identify?:
Butch-BLW
Preferred Pronoun?:
Default-She
Relationship Status:
Closed

Thanked 1,378 Times in 461 Posts
OS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST Reputation
Default cross posted

I will cross post this to a couple other threads.

Lesbian Connection, aka LC, is a magazine I have superscribed to for years.
It arrives quarterly in my mailbox in an indiscreet manila envelope!
It is a quick read with only 50 pages. They are reprinting the series "Dykes to Watch out For"
The subscription fee is sliding scale free to anyone world wide and $42 for those that can afford it. Donations and gift subscriptions are appreciated!
I am not on the staff, I am just worried that without support, this little rag will vanish as has the woman's bookstores that use to be.

Elsie Publishing
EPI
PO Box 811
East
Lansing, Mi 48826
(517)371-5257 (M-F) noon- 6pm ET
elsiepub@aol.com

www.LConline.org
OS Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OS Butch For This Useful Post:
Old 08-06-2011, 11:10 AM   #304
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 22,958 Times in 5,020 Posts
MsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I am a Lesbian, in love with and married to a transgendered person...I am no less a Lesbian because of that fact.

Here I go, watch me proudly leap!
MsTinkerbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post:
Old 08-06-2011, 11:15 AM   #305
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,744 Times in 5,090 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

BB and I love LC! Both of us have read it for years and years. It is very special!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OS Butch View Post
I will cross post this to a couple other threads.

Lesbian Connection, aka LC, is a magazine I have superscribed to for years.
It arrives quarterly in my mailbox in an indiscreet manila envelope!
It is a quick read with only 50 pages. They are reprinting the series "Dykes to Watch out For"
The subscription fee is sliding scale free to anyone world wide and $42 for those that can afford it. Donations and gift subscriptions are appreciated!
I am not on the staff, I am just worried that without support, this little rag will vanish as has the woman's bookstores that use to be.

Elsie Publishing
EPI
PO Box 811
East
Lansing, Mi 48826
(517)371-5257 (M-F) noon- 6pm ET
elsiepub@aol.com

www.LConline.org
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 08-06-2011, 07:51 PM   #306
Liam

How Do You Identify?:
Guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His

Thanked 6,911 Times in 1,862 Posts
Liam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST Reputation

Sue Fink—Leaping Lesbians
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Liam For This Useful Post:
Old 08-06-2011, 10:13 PM   #307
citybutch

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
I answer to "hey you" (either works for me!)
Relationship Status:
19 years together- Very Married for 10 years

Thanked 1,195 Times in 355 Posts
citybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputation

I love me my Sue.. and I love me my Meg... but Sue LINK 1973? That woulda been Meg... No?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam View Post
Sue Fink—Leaping Lesbians

Take care of your body, take care of your health... You never know when the walls cave in and it all changes for good.
citybutch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to citybutch For This Useful Post:
Old 08-07-2011, 11:25 AM   #308
Toughy

How Do You Identify?:
pervert butch feminist woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
see above
Relationship Status:
independent entity

Thanked 7,656 Times in 1,522 Posts
Toughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST Reputation

I went and looked.........Sue Fink and Joelyn Grippo wrote the lyrics and music..........Meg recorded it and it's on the Lesbian Concentrate album....one of the must have records of lesbian herstory.
I will not assimilate

Toughy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Toughy For This Useful Post:
Old 08-07-2011, 05:02 PM   #309
citybutch

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

citybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputation

Indeed! I knew Sue wrote it but it was Meg who recorded it. The video just said Sue Link.... or do I just need new glasses... which is a strong possibility!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toughy View Post
I went and looked.........Sue Fink and Joelyn Grippo wrote the lyrics and music..........Meg recorded it and it's on the Lesbian Concentrate album....one of the must have records of lesbian herstory.

Take care of your body, take care of your health... You never know when the walls cave in and it all changes for good.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to citybutch For This Useful Post:
Old 08-18-2011, 04:59 PM   #310
dykeumentary

How Do You Identify?:
butch dyke

Thanked 1,547 Times in 359 Posts
dykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputation

Faggotgirl Does Crawford

This is a link to a photo essay about what a bunch of people --butches and Femmes very visibly so-- were doing in August 2005. I just wanted to send out a friendly, fun reminder about how much butches and Femmes have done over the years as leaders in justice movements for ALL people. This is just one example -- do you have other examples? Let's hear 'em!
dykeumentary is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to dykeumentary For This Useful Post:
Old 08-19-2011, 04:43 AM   #311
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Female/Lesbian/half the athlete I used to be
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Thanked 3,735 Times in 1,168 Posts
Dominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST Reputation
Default fast forwarding a few years....

As long as there was coffee in the world, how bad could things be??
Dominique is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dominique For This Useful Post:
Old 08-20-2011, 11:04 AM   #312
Reader
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Butch, Dyke, Feminist, Contrarian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 2,229 Times in 586 Posts
Reader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow band View Post
Excellent. Thanks for posting this.
Reader is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Reader For This Useful Post:
Old 01-15-2013, 05:22 PM   #313
citybutch

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Default Meg and Chris performing again!

We're heading out on one of the 40th anniversary Olivia Cruises and Meg and Chris, along with a lot of other original Olivia performers, will be on Board!

Anyone else going?

Here's hoping Meg performs this classic!!! (Or Sue )

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to citybutch For This Useful Post:
Old 01-15-2013, 08:24 PM   #314
JustBeingMe

How Do You Identify?:
as ME
Relationship Status:
I don't need no stinking status.

Thanked 1,691 Times in 694 Posts
JustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST Reputation

Leaping butch lesbian right here !!! LOL
That cruise sounds like fun. I'm not going so you'll have to let us know how it was when you get back.
Where is the cruise going anyway?
I would love to take a cruise on Olivia but sadly I can't afford the luxury. I will have to experience this vicariously via you and yours. Thanks.

And I remember those albums back when I was young. I used to listen to them with friends. Lots of fun and laughter with them back in the day. Kinda miss that part of my life, it was tons of fun.
Old 01-16-2013, 07:48 AM   #315
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,790 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

I thought this was interesting. From Pink Taco Lovers, tumblr

Vocabulary, Euphemisms, and the Language of Lesbians

9 Ways the Early Twentieth-Century Newspaper

Reviewed Broadway Plays & Avoided Saying the “L” Word

“A Twisted Relationship” - New York Times, 1926
“A Warped Infatuation” - New York Times, 1926
“Tormenting Impulses” - World, 1926
“Bondage” - World, 1926
“The Poisonous Serpents Spell of Decadent Women” - Evening News, 1926
“A Cancerous Growth” - Daily News, 1926
“A Monstrous Sexual Perversion” - New York Evening Journal, 1934
“L—N” - New York Herald Tribune, 1934
“A Naughty Word” - New York Herald Tribune, 1934

16 (Ninetieth/Twentieth Century) Euphemisms for Lesbian Relationships

Smashes
Sentimental Friends
Special Friends
Romantic Friends
Two Hearts in Counsel
Love of Kindred Spirits
Boston Marriages
Urningin
Gynander
Viragint
Invert
Contrasexual
Androgne
Moderne
Roaring Girl
Female Adventurer
Lists From:

Richards, Dell. Lesbian Lists: A Look at Lesbian Culture, History, and Personalities. Boston: Alyson Publications, 1990

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 01-16-2013, 11:36 PM   #316
ArkansasPiscesGrrl

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her
Relationship Status:
feeling pretty darned blissful right now!

Thanked 3,080 Times in 741 Posts
ArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by citybutch View Post
We're heading out on one of the 40th anniversary Olivia Cruises and Meg and Chris, along with a lot of other original Olivia performers, will be on Board!

Anyone else going?

We are going on the 2nd week, from Feb 3-10th. Which cruise will you be on?
ArkansasPiscesGrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ArkansasPiscesGrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2013, 08:31 AM   #317
LaDivina

How Do You Identify?:
Lady-femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Lady-ones

Thanked 1,729 Times in 413 Posts
LaDivina Has the BEST ReputationLaDivina Has the BEST ReputationLaDivina Has the BEST ReputationLaDivina Has the BEST ReputationLaDivina Has the BEST ReputationLaDivina Has the BEST ReputationLaDivina Has the BEST ReputationLaDivina Has the BEST ReputationLaDivina Has the BEST ReputationLaDivina Has the BEST ReputationLaDivina Has the BEST Reputation

Wow, Meg and Cris...that brings back memories! I myself came out in the '90s, but a former partner of mine came out in the '70s, and introduced me to all kinds of women's music. Changer and the Changed still brings me comfort.

I can only imagine how much fun it'd be to be on an Olivia cruise, though a b-f one would be even better! Scorp & I aren't much for cruises, though.

Quote:

Anyone else going?

LaDivina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LaDivina For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2013, 09:20 AM   #318
starryeyes

How Do You Identify?:
a round peg in a square hole
Preferred Pronoun?:
Guess...
Relationship Status:
Seat taken

Thanked 10,056 Times in 2,077 Posts
starryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputation

I so wanna! I missed the last one that left out of San Diego, but went to an Olivia "pre" party, and told myself I won't miss it again! The only thing about Olivia is that they are SO expensive compared to "regular" cruises that go to the same ports. I work on cruise ships as a sign language interpreter, and two of my friends work on the Olivia ships. They have it "locked down" but if there is ever an opening, I am taking it!! Where is this one leaving from??

Have fun!!

Quote:

Anyone else going?

Starry
starryeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to starryeyes For This Useful Post:
Old 01-18-2013, 08:54 AM   #319
citybutch

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Same one!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkansasPiscesGrrl View Post
We are going on the 2nd week, from Feb 3-10th. Which cruise will you be on?

The Following User Says Thank You to citybutch For This Useful Post:
Old 01-18-2013, 11:00 AM   #320
ArkansasPiscesGrrl

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her
Relationship Status:
feeling pretty darned blissful right now!

Thanked 3,080 Times in 741 Posts
ArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Same one!!!
Oh man!!! That is so cool!!!!! We will have to meet up!
ArkansasPiscesGrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ArkansasPiscesGrrl For This Useful Post: