PPoA - Southern Gentle Butch

How Do You Identify?:
BOI/Butch/Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, he, him, handsome, Daddy
Relationship Status:
Single. 😉

Thanked 10,845 Times in 2,247 Posts
bkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I hope the year has started off great for all you educators....I have resolved that this year 'is what it is'.....every time I turn around, something crazy is happening. Entering Festival season - and I have no idea what to expect....constant schedule changes, children flaking out, etc. On a more positive note - I get to do some serious networking this week and will get recognized for 25 years at our state convention this week. Will reconnect with colleagues and see what happens...
ALSO MAKES FOR A TWO DAY WEEK!!!!!!

"We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand." Randy Pausch.
bkisbutchenuff is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to bkisbutchenuff For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2013, 04:53 AM   #302
Chancie

How Do You Identify?:
queer femme-inist
Relationship Status:
I'm lucky.

1 Highscore

Thanked 14,359 Times in 2,670 Posts
Chancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST Reputation

We had a little bit of snow, not enough to make it unsafe to drive, but it's cold out, so I'll have to warm up my car soon.

I spent a lot of time grading and entering grades this weekend, and I have a lot of work to hand back. I think one or two kids cheated on a quiz, but I have no way to know, so I'll have to change their seats. I'm not looking forward to the histrionics. My seniors have a huge assignment due this week, and I predict that one or two won't be finished. I am not looking forward to their histrionics either.
Chancie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chancie For This Useful Post:
Old 01-25-2013, 06:12 AM   #303
bkisbutchenuff

How Do You Identify?:
BOI/Butch/Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Single. 😉

bkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I was able to catch a few workshops yesterday and hear a few groups.....It's truly motivating to be surrounded by all this amazing talent!

"We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand." Randy Pausch.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bkisbutchenuff For This Useful Post:
Old 01-27-2013, 08:09 AM   #304
bkisbutchenuff

How Do You Identify?:
BOI/Butch/Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Single. 😉

Member Photo Albums

Old 02-03-2013, 05:30 PM   #305
sis
Diva!

How Do You Identify?:
StoneFemme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her
Relationship Status:
Content!

Thanked 1,404 Times in 296 Posts
sis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default Holiday, it will be so fine .....

Start of a four-day week that moves into over a full week off for the Lunar New Year! I'm looking forward to the break!
Oh! Please do!
Oh! Please!
Oh!
sis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sis For This Useful Post:
Old 02-05-2013, 08:53 AM   #306
sis
Diva!

How Do You Identify?:
StoneFemme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her
Relationship Status:
Content!

sis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Thumbs up

Hump day/night for me as I'm going to bed halfway through my four-day week! Gosh, I can really use the break! Keep your chins up - the weekend is almost here!

Deb
Oh! Please do!
Oh! Please!
Oh!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sis For This Useful Post:
Old 02-14-2013, 04:42 AM   #307
bkisbutchenuff

How Do You Identify?:
BOI/Butch/Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Single. 😉

Member Photo Albums

Happy Valentine's Day fellow Educators!

Old 02-15-2013, 09:34 AM   #308
bkisbutchenuff

How Do You Identify?:
BOI/Butch/Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Single. 😉

Member Photo Albums

Yesterday I go bouncing into school ready for a good day.....we usually wear jeans on Friday's. I also paid 20.00 to wear jeans on Friday's that aren't designated jean days. We have a four day weekend...so Thursday was our Friday.....right? So I wear jeans.....
Well....the Principal made me and about 8 others go home and change... REALLY?!?!?
- Students wear what they want on any given day even though we do have an uniform
- That's all you have on your plate???
- You'd rather exert your power and have 9 classrooms with uncertified personnel in them....students not learning for 2 hours???

- And you proved what???

What a year!!!!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bkisbutchenuff For This Useful Post:
Old 02-18-2013, 05:12 PM   #309
bkisbutchenuff

How Do You Identify?:
BOI/Butch/Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Single. 😉

Member Photo Albums

Old 02-24-2013, 04:39 AM   #310
bkisbutchenuff

How Do You Identify?:
BOI/Butch/Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Single. 😉

Member Photo Albums

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bkisbutchenuff For This Useful Post:
Old 02-24-2013, 06:47 AM   #311
Soon
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
attached

Thanked 13,118 Times in 3,391 Posts
Soon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST Reputation
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkisbutchenuff View Post
Mine is still in the car.
Soon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Soon For This Useful Post:
Old 02-24-2013, 10:51 AM   #312
bkisbutchenuff

How Do You Identify?:
BOI/Butch/Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Single. 😉

Member Photo Albums

Old 02-28-2013, 02:38 AM   #313
bkisbutchenuff

How Do You Identify?:
BOI/Butch/Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Single. 😉

Member Photo Albums

Old 03-04-2013, 06:57 AM   #314
bkisbutchenuff

How Do You Identify?:
BOI/Butch/Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Single. 😉

Member Photo Albums

.....counting today - 11 days until Festival....between now and then, Mock CRCT, a teachers workday, at least 2 field trips, 3 group rehearsals.....feel we pull an Excellent, but am pushing for 8th consecutive Superior .... Considering this year as a whole....I'm glad we are where we are!

Old 03-04-2013, 06:23 PM   #315
bkisbutchenuff

How Do You Identify?:
BOI/Butch/Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Single. 😉

Member Photo Albums

Old 03-12-2013, 07:43 PM   #316
femmeInterrupted

How Do You Identify?:
Queer femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she works out well ;)
Relationship Status:
Happily married.

Thanked 3,221 Times in 666 Posts
femmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST Reputation
Default Yeah for Awesome Teachers!

"I had incredible teachers. And as I look at my life today, the things I value most about myself — my imagination, my love of acting, my passion for writing, my love of learning, my curiosity — all of these things came from how I was parented and taught.

And none of these qualities that I’ve just mentioned — none of these qualities that I prize so deeply, that have brought me so much joy, that have brought me so much professional success — none of these qualities that make me who I am ... can be tested.

I said before that I had incredible teachers. And that’s true. But it’s more than that. My teachers were EMPOWERED to teach me. Their time wasn’t taken up with a bunch of test prep — this silly drill and kill nonsense that any serious person knows doesn’t promote real learning.
No, my teachers were free to approach me and every other kid in that classroom like an individual puzzle. They took so much care in figuring out who we were and how to best make the lessons resonate with each of us. They were empowered to unlock our potential. They were allowed to be teachers.

Now don’t get me wrong. I did have a brush with standardized tests at one point. I remember because my mom went to the principal’s office and said, ‘My kid ain’t taking that. It’s stupid, it won’t tell you anything and it’ll just make him nervous.’
That was in the ’70s when you could talk like that.

I shudder to think that these tests are being used today to control where funding goes.

I don’t know where I would be today if my teachers’ job security was based on how I performed on some standardized test. If their very survival as teachers was not based on whether I actually fell in love with the process of learning but rather if I could fill in the right bubble on a test. If they had to spend most of their time desperately drilling us and less time encouraging creativity and original ideas; less time knowing who we were, seeing our strengths and helping us realize our talents.

I honestly don’t know where I’d be today if that was the type of education I had. I sure as hell wouldn’t be here. I do know that.

This has been a horrible decade for teachers. I can’t imagine how demoralized you must feel. But I came here today to deliver an important message to you: As I get older, I appreciate more and more the teachers that I had growing up. And I’m not alone. There are millions of people just like me.

So the next time you’re feeling down, or exhausted, or unappreciated, or at the end of your rope; the next time you turn on the TV and see yourself called “overpaid;” the next time you encounter some simple-minded, punitive policy that’s been driven into your life by some corporate reformer who has literally never taught anyone anything. ... Please know that there are millions of us behind you. You have an army of regular people standing right behind you, and our appreciation for what you do is so deeply felt. We love you, we thank you and we will always have your back."

~ Matt Damon, Save Our Schools March 7/30/2011

A video of the full speech can be viewed here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7Jh3Z52KV0

Lila Watson

You say you love rain, but you use an umbrella to walk under it.
You say you love sun, but you seek shade when its shining.
You say you love wind, but when its comes you close your window.
So that's why I'm scared, when you say you love me.

-- Bob Marley
femmeInterrupted is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to femmeInterrupted For This Useful Post:
Old 03-15-2013, 11:16 AM   #317
sis
Diva!

How Do You Identify?:
StoneFemme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her
Relationship Status:
Content!

Member Photo Albums

First, please accept my apologies as I really haven't figured out how to insert an article off the 'net. Secondly, this article is written by someone I grew up with on the news every night. Peter Mansbridge is a well respected person in Canada; I really like how he takes the regular 'arguments' regarding teachers benefits and frames them realistically. Enjoy!

Deb

http://www.cbc.ca/news/petermansbrid...ook-like%22%7D
Oh! Please do!
Oh! Please!
Oh!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sis For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2013, 12:59 AM   #318
bkisbutchenuff

How Do You Identify?:
BOI/Butch/Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Single. 😉

Member Photo Albums

I know I keep saying this.....but what a year! One thing for sure, it's almost over....
I have been promised that next year will be better, but I will continue to explore any opportunities that come my way...
Despite the first 9 weeks being a living hell, I managed to salvage what was left of a program I have been building for the last 11 yrs., to somehow pull off a Superior Rating at Festival. I've never had a group make below a II (excellent), and this is 8th consecutive year of taking a group that received all I's (superior).
I am exhausted....physically - as soon as we finished I felt pain in my back, arms and shoulders....mentally exhausted since the first nine weeks...I guess based on our rating, you could say the years been successful....but it has taken its toll on me - in so many levels....and I will hear a hundred times - I knew you could do it, you always worry so much and they do fine, I expected nothing less....
But those people have no idea of the hurdles, struggles, hours and hours of classroom instruction along with after school rehearsals, blood, sweat and lots of tears that have been shed this year...
In the end, our success yesterday was a combination of a determined teacher who knew their potential, refused to give in or give up and 50 students who stepped up to the plate and allowed me to lead them....

I cannot wait for spring break....but better yet, this summer....just can't get here soon Enuff!!!

I'm obviously not going to sleep...so coffee - here I cone!

Old 03-20-2013, 01:22 AM   #319
bkisbutchenuff

How Do You Identify?:
BOI/Butch/Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Single. 😉

Member Photo Albums

Old 03-21-2013, 02:28 AM   #320
bkisbutchenuff

How Do You Identify?:
BOI/Butch/Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Single. 😉

Member Photo Albums

Tags
careers, educators, gltb, network