Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Celebrity, Music, Television, Internet Culture

Old 06-29-2011, 07:18 PM   #321
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Thanked 15,407 Times in 4,138 Posts
WolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST Reputation

Tonight, I wanted Beverly or Vicci to win, but am ok with results and I'll explain why.

Better things are going to come for the gals. They get to choose who they will sign with, but Javier has no choice now, since this was about a singing contract and $100,00. Secondly, Javier was the only one with kids and it made sense for him to win and give him the money for his family now. In fact, many of his votes may have come because of the kids card being played even though he has a good voice and can hold his own as we all watched.

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage --- Lao Tzo
WolfyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WolfyOne For This Useful Post:
Old 06-29-2011, 07:45 PM   #322
luv2luvgirls
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Asshole

Thanked 5,470 Times in 1,827 Posts
luv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputationluv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputationluv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputationluv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputationluv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputationluv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputationluv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputationluv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputationluv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputationluv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputationluv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfyOne View Post
Tonight, I wanted Beverly or Vicci to win, but am ok with results and I'll explain why.

Better things are going to come for the gals. They get to choose who they will sign with, but Javier has no choice now, since this was about a singing contract and $100,00. Secondly, Javier was the only one with kids and it made sense for him to win and give him the money for his family now. In fact, many of his votes may have come because of the kids card being played even though he has a good voice and can hold his own as we all watched.
yep I agree...it would have been better not to have won,that being said I wonder if it was the kids card? good point WolfyOne
luv2luvgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 07:47 PM   #323
Ebon

How Do You Identify?:
With my souls eyes.
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
lol

Thanked 11,144 Times in 2,755 Posts
Ebon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST Reputation

How about he had talent. Maybe that's why he won.

I'm a Soul Rebel

http://wannabereverend.wordpress.com/

Spirituality is not a belief system or ideology, it is the surrender of one's ego to the infinite wisdom and knowledge that is the universe.
Ebon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ebon For This Useful Post:
Old 06-29-2011, 07:50 PM   #324
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,801 Times in 25,671 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by scootebaby View Post
missed 1st hr because of work...love Cee-Lo and Vicci right now!!

and Vicci WILL win....i hope!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbutchmistie View Post
I heard Vicci sing for the first time a couple of weeks ago and LOVED her She will win .

Javier and the McClelland girl are good too
Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_crystal View Post
TEAM VICCI
She never had a chance.

I haven't seen the finale and even if I hadn't read it here, I knew who was going to win.

Good for him!

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 07:52 PM   #325
WhiteTigress

How Do You Identify?:
Femme, somewhat high maintenance
Preferred Pronoun?:
She. There should be no doubt!

WhiteTigress Has the BEST ReputationWhiteTigress Has the BEST ReputationWhiteTigress Has the BEST ReputationWhiteTigress Has the BEST ReputationWhiteTigress Has the BEST ReputationWhiteTigress Has the BEST ReputationWhiteTigress Has the BEST ReputationWhiteTigress Has the BEST ReputationWhiteTigress Has the BEST ReputationWhiteTigress Has the BEST ReputationWhiteTigress Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebon View Post
Ebon,

I have to agree with you. The girls were good, but that guy's talent was smokin'!

WT
WhiteTigress is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WhiteTigress For This Useful Post:
Old 06-29-2011, 08:00 PM   #326
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Thanked 15,407 Times in 4,138 Posts
WolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

He does have talent
I said in an earlier post that he was multi-talented

You do have to admit though that many people adore kids
Can you count how many times he mentioned he was doing this for them?

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage --- Lao Tzo
WolfyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 08:56 PM   #327
Ebon

How Do You Identify?:
With my souls eyes.
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
lol

Ebon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
He does have talent
I said in an earlier post that he was multi-talented

You do have to admit though that many people adore kids
Can you count how many times he mentioned he was doing this for them?
No I can't because I really can't remember(I have a bad memory). I could see if he couldn't sing or was average and the other two girls were better. To me Vicci should not have been the last person on Cee-Lo's team. I honestly didn't think she was better than Nakia. I could see Beverly winning though. When I thought about who would win I personally didn't think about who had kids or didn't but that is just me.

I'm a Soul Rebel

Spirituality is not a belief system or ideology, it is the surrender of one's ego to the infinite wisdom and knowledge that is the universe.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ebon For This Useful Post:
Old 06-29-2011, 09:10 PM   #328
Luv

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 1,217 Times in 367 Posts
Luv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

I agree with ya here !
Luv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 09:20 PM   #329
scootebaby
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
yes dear
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Thanked 6,737 Times in 1,777 Posts
scootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputation

I had liked Vicci from the start...perhaps bc she did my fave song--and did it very well...Jo liked Javier...i think they all had their up and down moments

I wasnt too big on Beverly--perhpas bc she sounded like so many others of late imho

Dia was never on my list altho after listening a 2nd time to her version of Heartless i was impressed.

MY thing is(and perhaps its from my AI days) is ppl that mention hardships,family,kids from the very beginning---like it will give them a leg up.

All in all Javier did deserve to win because he was the best talent last night!
scootebaby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to scootebaby For This Useful Post:
Old 06-29-2011, 09:29 PM   #330
Ebon

How Do You Identify?:
With my souls eyes.
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by scootebaby View Post
I had liked Vicci from the start...perhaps bc she did my fave song--and did it very well...Jo liked Javier...i think they all had their up and down moments

I wasnt too big on Beverly--perhpas bc she sounded like so many others of late imho

Dia was never on my list altho after listening a 2nd time to her version of Heartless i was impressed.

MY thing is(and perhaps its from my AI days) is ppl that mention hardships,family,kids from the very beginning---like it will give them a leg up.

All in all Javier did deserve to win because he was the best talent last night!
Yeah like that other guy that had 6 kids but he sucked so he didn't make it.

I'm a Soul Rebel

Old 06-29-2011, 09:33 PM   #331
suebee

How Do You Identify?:
TOWANDA!
Preferred Pronoun?:
Queen Bee
Relationship Status:
Good 'n married.

1 Highscore

Location: Eastern Canada. But if I make a wrong turn at the lights I get stopped by a border guard.
Thanked 2,759 Times in 820 Posts
suebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputation

I am WAY behind on watching the episodes, so I'm not reading ANYTHING in this thread until I catch up!

Until then I'm a blind
Old 06-30-2011, 08:23 AM   #332
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Follow your heart; it knows things your mind cannot explain.

1 Highscore

Thanked 25,407 Times in 4,661 Posts
JustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST Reputation

Watched the whole show last night but couldn't post cuz I was trapped in an arcade game. (I did make it to 5th on the leader board though!)

Anyway....I liked Javier from the beginning, and I think he deserves it based purely on his talent. Also, when he sang with Stevie last night I was touched. I always loved her, but her voice is gone....and he clearly did his best to make her sound good, paid her respect, and took direction from her. I loved that. To me, it showed character (as well as talent).

I thought Beverly had a shot, but honestly she was doing something weird last night that just sounded flat out bad to my ear. Not sure what that was all about...

Here's the good news....the final 8 are all touring, and you know that a lot of folks on that show (even that didn't make it to the final) will have some open doors that they didn't before. I like that.
Old 06-30-2011, 08:29 AM   #333
Leigh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, etc
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 13,026 Times in 4,786 Posts
Leigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST Reputation

I figured that if it came down to any two people, I'd have wanted it to be either Beverly or Javier so I'm very glad he won

Leigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Leigh For This Useful Post:
Old 06-30-2011, 09:34 AM   #334
purepisces

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Just a girl in love with the world

Thanked 1,607 Times in 491 Posts
purepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputation

I liked all 4 finalist (and also Nakia) so I am happy with any of them winning.

Javier seems to not just have a great voice but also to be a nice & humble person. Congratulations to him and I think that we will see more of Beverly, Vicci, and especially Dia in the future.

I think they are already planning a second season of The Voice!
Old 06-30-2011, 09:55 AM   #335
Greyson
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transmasculine/Non-Binary
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy (Pronounced He)
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,164 Times in 2,006 Posts
Greyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST Reputation

I do not get to watch "The Voice" often. But, when I do, I enjoy it. Last Friday night I was out having dinner with friends and was seated next to a gay man that came with mutual friends. We clicked and chatted easily with one another.

What does this have to do with this thread? You guessed it! He was called back to do a second audition for the show. If he makes the cut, I will let you know which contestant he is. He really does have a very smooth voice and I was impressed by his ease and friendships with a group of Queers that were primarily Queer women represented of much of the LGBTQ rainbow, spectrum.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Greyson For This Useful Post:
Old 02-15-2012, 02:58 PM   #336
The Oopster

How Do You Identify?:
transgender male
Preferred Pronoun?:
he

2 Highscores

Thanked 2,655 Times in 759 Posts
The Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST Reputation

I'm surprised there are no new posting on this!

I'm presuming the one the other day identifies as butch! I take jpresume this by the way she was talking and they were blocking out her face but not clothes.

I just thought I'd come in and see what people thought about her/hym? I am sort of glad she went with Cee Lo because the way she was talking about people always wanting to change her to look a certain way. I feel like Cee Lo is the last person to do that!
The Oopster is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Oopster For This Useful Post:
Old 02-15-2012, 03:41 PM   #337
NorCalStud

How Do You Identify?:
gaea's Daddy and Fiance
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ours
Relationship Status:
Engaged with gaea:-)

Thanked 1,465 Times in 359 Posts
NorCalStud Has the BEST ReputationNorCalStud Has the BEST ReputationNorCalStud Has the BEST ReputationNorCalStud Has the BEST ReputationNorCalStud Has the BEST ReputationNorCalStud Has the BEST ReputationNorCalStud Has the BEST ReputationNorCalStud Has the BEST ReputationNorCalStud Has the BEST ReputationNorCalStud Has the BEST ReputationNorCalStud Has the BEST Reputation
Default concur

I agree. Im glad cee lo was chosen. I got a flavor, by comparing their responses to others, that they were not excited by her visually? That could be my filter bcuz in my opinion some people's "material" comes up around seeing an obvious butch.

Che
NorCalStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 03:53 PM   #338
Ebon

How Do You Identify?:
With my souls eyes.
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
lol

Beverly McClellan from last season was pretty butch so I don't know.

I'm a Soul Rebel

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ebon For This Useful Post:
Old 02-15-2012, 04:16 PM   #339
The Oopster

How Do You Identify?:
transgender male
Preferred Pronoun?:
he

2 Highscores

Thanked 2,655 Times in 759 Posts
The Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalStud View Post
I agree. Im glad cee lo was chosen. I got a flavor, by comparing their responses to others, that they were not excited by her visually? That could be my filter bcuz in my opinion some people's "material" comes up around seeing an obvious butch.
Quote:
Beverly McClellan from last season was pretty butch so I don't know.
I was thinking earlier if the feed back she has had in the past has more to do with her not bringing confidence with her in who she is as a butch.

Beverly definitely owned who she was and is!

I didn't get that as much from this new person. That is when I think others try to go in an change it!

I think that happens to all of us in life! If we are strong and confident in something in our life that others don't get people don't mess with it like they do with something that isn't.

I just felt like musically Blake could have been the better match but that Cee Lo is more apt to bring out that confidence in her being who she is, especially since he tends to get a lot of the participants that seem to stand out there as individuals. If she is around others that are free in being who they are that may help her.
The Oopster is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to The Oopster For This Useful Post:
Old 02-15-2012, 08:13 PM   #340
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,801 Times in 25,671 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I've been watching. I've just been too lazy to come in and speculate about my favorites, although this is my favorite part of the show.

I love the auditions.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post: