Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 08-12-2013, 08:08 PM   #3501
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:
Married and Bound to Tommi's kaijira (Ts_kaijira )

1 Highscore

Location: Suthun.... California that is. Across the ridge from Laguna Beach.
Thanked 21,337 Times in 5,968 Posts
Tommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by candy_coated_bitch View Post
I got my cards today, too. OMG, I LOVE them and I am super, super impressed by everyone!!! These came to me at just the right time.

Tommi--Did you draw this card? It's very impressive. I love this landscape and all the beautiful colors and that it feels like a mini painting.

Thank you EVERYONE for all your hard work!
Yes, pen and ink sketches, then watercolors and colored pencil
Thank you,

Now, I am Heading to the Post Office for mine in the AM,
Tommi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:
Old 08-13-2013, 12:53 AM   #3502
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,770 Times in 25,661 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixie View Post
I understand I just got 6 back and so I wanted to make sure everyone got one of mine is all....
I got yours. Excellent idea! I love that brain of yours.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 08-13-2013, 08:10 AM   #3503
nanners

How Do You Identify?:
her femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
girl
Relationship Status:
Blissfully married to the love of my life.

Thanked 4,842 Times in 1,067 Posts
nanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputation

OMG, CCB, I got your ATC in the mail when I got home last night and it was the only piece of mail I opened...(it was 2:30am) and it is great! Thank you for sending the raffle one too!!

Yes, tis newbie nanners who did not sign hers... and they are made with tissue paper and some have sparklies on them, and some have pen and ink on them as well.

I'm looking forward to the rest of them.

I'm going to sit this next one out, too many things on my plate after a nice, relaxing vacation that I have to (gulp) start thinking about now.

Ahhhh, back to reality. *sigh

nanners is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nanners For This Useful Post:
Old 08-13-2013, 09:17 AM   #3504
laruss

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She or Goddess
Relationship Status:
Settled in

Thanked 5,328 Times in 1,045 Posts
laruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputation

You should have received 8 from me, one from each of these people.
1. laruss
2. Jennifer
3. Gemme
4. pixie
5. Tommi
6. nanners
7. Deb aka sis
8. Katniss
9. Deb0670

candy_coated_bitch - mailed individually

these people bowed out-
Bleu
LaneyDoll
Wryly
Maryam

justanolecowboy - you will receive after I do.

the reunion ones were sent to nanners.

I hope I didn't make any mistakes. I counted and double checked before sealing envelopes, but you never know.

I did send all extras back to the artist as some had requested, some hadn't. I figured that way it was up to you if you wanted to send the extras to the reunion or not.

I abandoned my extras with a card in which I wrote a motivational quote.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to laruss For This Useful Post:
Old 08-13-2013, 12:30 PM   #3505
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
The arteest formerly known as musicfemme.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

Thanked 32,097 Times in 6,125 Posts
candy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanners View Post
OMG, CCB, I got your ATC in the mail when I got home last night and it was the only piece of mail I opened...(it was 2:30am) and it is great! Thank you for sending the raffle one too!!

Yes, tis newbie nanners who did not sign hers... and they are made with tissue paper and some have sparklies on them, and some have pen and ink on them as well.
Yay, I'm so glad you got mine safely! We did kind of track yours down LOL. As I said, I really did love the tissue paper effect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by laruss View Post
You should have received 8 from me, one from each of these people.
1. laruss
2. Jennifer
3. Gemme
4. pixie
5. Tommi
6. nanners
7. Deb aka sis
8. Katniss
9. Deb0670

candy_coated_bitch - mailed individually

these people bowed out-
Bleu
LaneyDoll
Wryly
Maryam

the reunion ones were sent to nanners.

I hope I didn't make any mistakes. I counted and double checked before sealing envelopes, but you never know.

I did send all extras back to the artist as some had requested, some hadn't. I figured that way it was up to you if you wanted to send the extras to the reunion or not.

I abandoned my extras with a card in which I wrote a motivational quote.
I doubled checked and I am definitely missing one from pixie. She offered to send me one of the extras, though, so I will contact her about that. No worries.
candy_coated_bitch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post:
Old 08-13-2013, 04:24 PM   #3506
nanners

How Do You Identify?:
her femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
girl
Relationship Status:
Blissfully married to the love of my life.

Thanked 4,842 Times in 1,067 Posts
nanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputation

I got mine in the mail today, and they are all wonderful! I am so impressed by all the different ideas!

In the same package were the reunion ones so I will go to the craft store and decide how they will be displayed for the reunion...probably in a photo page that can show both sides, or using baseball card holders...we shall see!

Thank you for all being a part of this, it was wonderful to share our art with each other!

I wish I had time to do the next one, but I have so many things to focus my time and energy right now...I am so tempted, but must resist! I will do the one after this next one I hope.
nanners is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nanners For This Useful Post:
Old 08-13-2013, 06:11 PM   #3507
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,738 Times in 5,089 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

I got my cards today!!! Laruss, you are so fucking organized! I love that about you!

Here are my words of excitement about each of the cards:

1) Laruss- love the silver! Can you post how you did the silver?

2) Gemme- love the commentary included and the flower! Also love the sparkling gold back!

3) Debbie- always love me some stickers

4) Sis- Love great quotes and the crocheted butterfly rocks my socks off! You always outdo yourself, and I always love it! PS Hope you got these cards before you needed to leave. Do let us know! Secondly, hope my package awaits you in China!

5) Pixie- You are always wildly creative. It makes me hella excited!

6) Tommi- Wow, just truly wow...

7) Katniss- Ohhh, I love the birdcage and the message! Beautiful!

8) Nanners- the one that's unsigned, I love tissue paper art and rainbows and kindness! Score!

Thanks, everyone! This was loads of fun!!!

As for the four cards I got back, I shall consider it a lesson: Never sign my art directly on it. Do the Gemme thing And I don't mean fart

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 08-13-2013, 07:26 PM   #3508
laruss

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She or Goddess
Relationship Status:
Settled in

laruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfem View Post
I got my cards today!!! Laruss, you are so fucking organized! I love that about you!

Here are my words of excitement about each of the cards:

1) Laruss- love the silver! Can you post how you did the silver?
I try to be organized, but I am so sorry that CCB didn't get one from Pixie, I really do not know how I did that.

To do the silver I actually use silver leafing.
I paint with acrylics, let it dry and then use an acrylic medium to add the silver leaf. I put on the medium with a brush and then place the leafing on the medium (it comes in verrrrrrrry thin sheets). I let it dry and then rub off the excess silver (or gold) with my fingers.
I then varnish the piece with a brush on varnish.

I use metal leafing a lot in my abstracts.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to laruss For This Useful Post:
Old 08-13-2013, 08:29 PM   #3509
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

candy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I try to be organized, but I am so sorry that CCB didn't get one from Pixie, I really do not know how I did that.
It's ok. It's a lot of cards to keep track of, actually. Bound to happen every once in a while. Actually, I think it's just my bad karma with this project LMAO.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post:
Old 08-13-2013, 10:28 PM   #3510
justanolecowboy

How Do You Identify?:
ftm
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
committed.

Thanked 1,957 Times in 458 Posts
justanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputation

These are on their way - i'm sure they will reach you in due time. Like nanners i will have to bow out next time - life and work is too demanding right now - enjoy when you receive them.

justanolecowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to justanolecowboy For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2013, 10:39 AM   #3511
ahk
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,579 Times in 2,649 Posts
ahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputation

Is there a final count on Pixie's project??
ahk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ahk For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2013, 11:00 AM   #3512
Katniss

How Do You Identify?:
Dame, doll, twist, dish
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ladylike ones
Relationship Status:

Thanked 10,391 Times in 2,094 Posts
Katniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST Reputation

Still (not so patiently) waiting on my ATC!

As to the next project of "Mentor Moment".....for the sake of clarity, are we mentoring on an artisitic technique, hobby, skill or general life lesson?

I am drawing a blank right now on which way I plan to go with this so advice welcome.

Katniss~~
Katniss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Katniss For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2013, 04:44 PM   #3513
Pixie

How Do You Identify?:
Equal Opportunity Friend
Preferred Pronoun?:
Girl
Relationship Status:
in service

Thanked 4,104 Times in 1,332 Posts
Pixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST Reputation

Happy Hump Day everyone!!! The official number of participants is 11. So please provide 10 mentor moments!

Mentor Moment

Take this moment and give advice. This is not a lecture but an opportunity for your expression from something you would have liked advice or mentoring before you had began. So you can take this and share your experience...let your voice be heard!

These mentor moments can be written or visually expressed.

Projects for each participant (and $5) due to me 9/7/2013 (so that it won't interfere with the reunion!)

1. Pixie
2. nycfem
3. ahk
4. Corkey
5. Uniqueswtfemm
6. Katniss
7. LaneyDoll
8. Tommi
9. Tommi's kaijira
10. amiyesiam
11. purepisces

In regards to the type of mentoring you provide, it is completely up to you! It can be how to do an oragami piece, how to bake/or not to bake brownies, it can be about overcoming specific obstacles, it can be about you......I'm just ready to learn from y'all and have my moments validated in the process!

I look forward to it all!!

-pixie

-Pixie-

Pixie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Pixie For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2013, 06:28 PM   #3514
LaneyDoll

How Do You Identify?:
Girly girl femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She; Ma'am; Miss ;)
Relationship Status:
Pitbull protected.

Thanked 7,686 Times in 1,608 Posts
LaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katniss View Post

As to the next project of "Mentor Moment".....for the sake of clarity, are we mentoring on an artisitic technique, hobby, skill or general life lesson?

I am drawing a blank right now on which way I plan to go with this so advice welcome.

Katniss~~
I am actually doing advice that has helped me along the way. I choose three different pearls of wisdom and will turn them into something (hopefully) worth putting on the fridge if desired. The thoughts are all my own and they might be based on real quotes but I am not sure. I just know they were all helpful to me and one was practically a mantra for a very long time.

Old 08-14-2013, 08:09 PM   #3515
laruss

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She or Goddess
Relationship Status:
Settled in

Quote:

Katniss~~
How is it you are one of the first to get them to me and one of the last to receive them?

Hopefully you will receive them very soon.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to laruss For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2013, 08:26 PM   #3516
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,648 Times in 10,249 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

Katniss~~
I'm using advice we all have said or used. Something to remember every now and then. It's going to be used on your wall, if wanted ....this is too much fun! Thanks for letting me partake .

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2013, 10:24 PM   #3517
Katniss

How Do You Identify?:
Dame, doll, twist, dish
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ladylike ones
Relationship Status:

Thanked 10,391 Times in 2,094 Posts
Katniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
How is it you are one of the first to get them to me and one of the last to receive them?

Hopefully you will receive them very soon.

I live in the South....folks move slower down here. LoL!
Katniss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Katniss For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2013, 01:39 AM   #3518
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:
Married and Bound to Tommi's kaijira (Ts_kaijira )

1 Highscore

Location: Suthun.... California that is. Across the ridge from Laguna Beach.
Thanked 21,337 Times in 5,968 Posts
Tommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default Midnight Oil Bump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixie View Post
Happy Hump Day everyone!!! The official number of participants is 11. So please provide 10 mentor moments!

Mentor Moment

Take this moment and give advice. This is not a lecture but an opportunity for your expression from something you would have liked advice or mentoring before you had began. So you can take this and share your experience...let your voice be heard!

These mentor moments can be written or visually expressed.

Projects for each participant (and $5) due to me 9/7/2013 (so that it won't interfere with the reunion!)

1. Pixie
2. nycfem
3. ahk
4. Corkey
5. Uniqueswtfemm
6. Katniss
7. LaneyDoll
8. Tommi
9. Tommi's kaijira
10. amiyesiam
11. purepisces

In regards to the type of mentoring you provide, it is completely up to you! It can be how to do an oragami piece, how to bake/or not to bake brownies, it can be about overcoming specific obstacles, it can be about you......I'm just ready to learn from y'all and have my moments validated in the process!

I look forward to it all!!

-pixie
I started mine tonight....
Tommi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2013, 06:00 PM   #3519
LaneyDoll

How Do You Identify?:
Girly girl femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She; Ma'am; Miss ;)
Relationship Status:
Pitbull protected.

Thanked 7,686 Times in 1,608 Posts
LaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
I started mine tonight....
Mine have been started too! I am excited! I may not have a lot of artistic skill with the hands on but I do have a resource or two with graphic arts via PC.

Old 08-15-2013, 06:02 PM   #3520
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

I wish I could see the results of this project!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post:

Tags
artists, creative types