Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 02-21-2016, 01:49 AM   #361
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,171 Times in 8,628 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation
Default Mushroom-Spinach Soup With Middle Eastern Spices

Mushroom-Spinach Soup With Middle Eastern Spices

INGREDIENTS
6 tablespoons unsalted butter or extra-virgin olive oil
1 ¼ pounds mixed mushrooms (such as cremini, oyster, chanterelles and shiitake), chopped
½ pound shallots, finely diced
1 tablespoon tomato paste
2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme leaves
1 ½ teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon ground coriander
¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
Pinch ground allspice
2 ½ teaspoons kosher salt, more to taste
1 teaspoon black pepper
5 ounces baby spinach
Fresh lime juice, to taste
Plain yogurt, for serving (optional)

PREPARATION
Heat 3 tablespoons butter or oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add half the mushrooms and half the shallots; cook, stirring occasionally, until most of the liquid has evaporated and the mushrooms are well browned, 10 to 12 minutes. Transfer mushrooms to a bowl and repeat with remaining butter, mushrooms and shallots.

Return all mushrooms to the pot and stir in tomato paste, thyme, cumin, coriander, cinnamon and allspice; cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.

Stir in 5 cups water, the salt and the black pepper. Bring mixture to a simmer over medium heat and cook gently for 20 minutes. Stir in baby spinach and let cook until just wilted, 1 to 2 minutes.
162 calories; 12 grams fat; 7 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 3 grams monounsaturated fat; 0 grams polyunsaturated fat; 11 grams carbohydrates; 3 grams dietary fiber; 5 grams sugars; 4 grams protein; 30 milligrams cholesterol; 894 milligrams sodium
Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 03-07-2016, 03:41 PM   #362
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,797 Times in 3,940 Posts
Jesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST Reputation

I usually make something really similar to this "Magic Green Sauce" once or twice a month and use it on salad, chicken, as a dip with sliced raw veggies, or what have you.

My version adds:
Cayenne (Good for your heart, blood and all sorts of things) in place of the jalapeno
Home-sprouted broccoli sprouts
More water when using as a dressing for salads
And I've never added the pistachios but may give that a try next time around.

Serving size is 1/4 cup and has less than 5 carbs and that's with the pistachios.

Anywho, it is really good and good for you!
“You’re so hard on yourself. Take a moment. Sit back. Marvel at your life: at the grief that softened you, at the heartache that widened you, at the suffering that strengthened you. Despite everything, you still grow. Be proud of this.”
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 03-13-2016, 12:11 PM   #363
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,792 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

Great website I found called Low Carb Yum. Great Recipes ffor side dishes, desserts, breads, etc.

Haven't tried any yet but I will:

http://lowcarbyum.com/recipes/

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 03-13-2016, 01:15 PM   #364
Angeltoes

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Nunya

Thanked 5,525 Times in 1,386 Posts
Angeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST Reputation

I eat a lot of good carbs (like quinoa) because they contain essential nutrients. Maybe this has been discussed, but if we just look at the grams per serving, then foods like quinoa or chickpeas area bit high in carbs, but the effect on blood sugar is balanced by the fact that the carbs come primarily from dietary fiber.

Since I'm vegan so I need to get the calories somewhere and I eat a lot of carbs. But good carbs don't make me gain weight. I gain weight from either wheat-based products or products that contain added sugar. Here are some good sources of protein and calcium that don't come from animal products:

In a lot of dishes you can replace the bread with lettuce to lower the carbs. Maybe I should do this more often.

Old 03-13-2016, 05:14 PM   #365
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Jesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST Reputation

Hi Angeltoes,

While I appreciate and respect that your lifestyle food choice is Vegan, which includes a lot of good carbs, this thread is intended for sharing information, recipes etc. for those who have more of a Paleo [gluten free] lifestyle when it comes to food choices. We choose to limit carbs, while consuming high protein, (including animal products) along with a high level of healthy fats.

I found the link to a healthy vegan thread here on the Planet that seems like it is more in line with your eating habits than this thread is. Hopefully it will be of help to you in your search. I am pretty sure there is another Vegan thread floating around as well, I just couldn't locate it.

http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...ead.php?t=4500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angeltoes View Post
I eat a lot of good carbs (like quinoa) because they contain essential nutrients. Maybe this has been discussed, but if we just look at the grams per serving, then foods like quinoa or chickpeas area bit high in carbs, but the effect on blood sugar is balanced by the fact that the carbs come primarily from dietary fiber.

Since I'm vegan so I need to get the calories somewhere and I eat a lot of carbs. But good carbs don't make me gain weight. I gain weight from either wheat-based products or products that contain added sugar. Here are some good sources of protein and calcium that don't come from animal products:

In a lot of dishes you can replace the bread with lettuce to lower the carbs. Maybe I should do this more often.

“You’re so hard on yourself. Take a moment. Sit back. Marvel at your life: at the grief that softened you, at the heartache that widened you, at the suffering that strengthened you. Despite everything, you still grow. Be proud of this.”
Old 03-13-2016, 05:54 PM   #366
Angeltoes

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Nunya

Angeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST Reputation

That's absolutely fine. I did include a low carb, high protein example. Also, vegan does not mean one must consume a lot of carbs good or otherwise. I mentioned what I do, specifically. AND, I said, perhaps I should modify my diet by consuming less carbs hence the reason I posted a low-carb alternative. You're telling me that I should not post here if I'm vegan despite the fact that at no point did I suggest becoming vegan? I posted high protein alternatives to animal-based protein. I'm not sure why you find that offensive. It looks to me like you misunderstood my comment, completely. I mean, you can expect people to follow the theme of a thread, but you can't exactly control every word you happen to disagree with.

Last edited by Angeltoes; 03-13-2016 at 06:09 PM.
Angeltoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 06:09 PM   #367
Sweet Bliss

How Do You Identify?:
I Am
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

Thanked 7,264 Times in 2,158 Posts
Sweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST Reputation

Jesse, why the leeks? Couldn't we just make it without the S&P? I don't cook with either. I have recently discovered Himalayan salt, it is doing fabulous things for my health!! Has put an end to my diabetic neuropathy in my feet, such a blessing. I'm hoping with enough time I will begin to heal my heart. I might add H Salt to this recipe, but pepper is not even in my kitchen. LoL....

Oh, and you mentioned a long time ago that you were able to buy virgin coconut oil in 5 Gallon bucket? Could you share that with us? I use it for everything..... Every little thing. It is healing the skin on my cats where the fleas have eaten them up and left sores and scabs, cured a nasty spider bite on my hip, helping me lose fat, stopping my false appetite, and more.

Thank you by the way for this thread, I've learned so much and benefited from all the tips and suggestions, and I share them with all my friends and people I meet along the way.... Namaste'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
Here's a quick lo carb, low calorie coconut sauce that is yummy spooned over broiled or baked fish.

Ingredients:
1/4 cup of Leeks- cut into half moons. (Slice down the middle lengthwise, then make thin slices across)
1 cup of lite or regular coconut milk
Salt and pepper
1 Lime- cut into wedges

Instructions:

Heat 1 tablespoon oil in skillet over medium heat.

Stir leeks in and cook for about 1 minute, stir constantly

Add 1 cup of coconut milk,(You can use lite or regular, lite will have less calories & carbs) increase heat to medium-high until simmer, then reduce heat to medium-low until the sauce is reduced to 3/4 cup, about 5 or 6 minutes depending on your stove.

S&P to taste. Spoon on top of broiled/baked fish* and serve with a lime wedge if desired.

*Also really good with grilled butterflied shrimp
Sweet Bliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 06:17 PM   #368
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angeltoes View Post
That's absolutely fine. I did include a low carb, high protein example. Also, vegan does not mean one must consume a lot of carbs good or otherwise. I mentioned what I do, specifically. AND, I said, perhaps I should modify my diet by consuming less carbs hence the reason I posted a low-carb alternative. You're telling me that I should not post here if I'm vegan despite the fact that at no point did I suggest becoming vegan? I posted high protein alternatives to animal-based protein. I'm not sure why you find that offensive. It looks to me like you misunderstood my comment, completely. I mean, you can expect people to follow the theme of a thread, but you can't exactly control every word you happen to disagree with.
I am not and would not tell you or anyone else where they can and cannot post. I merely explained what this thread is about, and provided a vegan thread link because you said you are vegan. Of course you are more than welcome to post here. I do feel the vegan thread would be much more open to Vegan graphics and Vegan food suggestions and thought you were looking for a place where you could share that information. - J
Old 03-13-2016, 06:33 PM   #369
Angeltoes

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Nunya

Well, no you wouldn't say it outright but you were clearly telling me not to post here. I'm not blind or stupid. It was not a mere suggestion & I *really* don't respond well to bossiness. I followed the theme of thread, but whatever.
Old 03-13-2016, 06:33 PM   #370
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Sweet Bliss,

I am not the original creator of the recipe, but can say that to me leeks add a nice taste with the coconut milk & lime. I would assume the recipe could be made just as well without using the leek, try it and see what works best for you. As for S&P, again, it is what was in the original recipe that I got from a paleo friend of mine. Lol! I add cayenne to mine because I like it better with the lime and prefer it's anti-inflammatory health benefits. Again, adjust as you see fit.

I do not buy coconut oil in 5 gallon buckets because it would likely go rancid before I would personally use that amount, seeing as it is just me and Sadie here. I buy mine online and make sure it is organic cold pressed. I buy from a couple of different places depending on price and stock. I know there are places that do carry it in bulk.

I am glad that you are finding stuff here that benefits you.

Jesse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Bliss View Post
Jesse, why the leeks? Couldn't we just make it without the S&P? I don't cook with either. I have recently discovered Himalayan salt, it is doing fabulous things for my health!! Has put an end to my diabetic neuropathy in my feet, such a blessing. I'm hoping with enough time I will begin to heal my heart. I might add H Salt to this recipe, but pepper is not even in my kitchen. LoL....

Oh, and you mentioned a long time ago that you were able to buy virgin coconut oil in 5 Gallon bucket? Could you share that with us? I use it for everything..... Every little thing. It is healing the skin on my cats where the fleas have eaten them up and left sores and scabs, cured a nasty spider bite on my hip, helping me lose fat, stopping my false appetite, and more.

Thank you by the way for this thread, I've learned so much and benefited from all the tips and suggestions, and I share them with all my friends and people I meet along the way.... Namaste'
The Following User Says Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2016, 07:36 PM   #371
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Indian Spiced Ghee

Author: Katja from Savory Lotus

Ingredients:

1 and ½ cup ghee (make at home or buy here)
2 tsp mustard seed
2 tsp cumin seed
4 tsp turmeric
2 tsp coriander powder
½ tsp cumin powder
1 tsp ginger powder
½ tsp cinnamon powder
3 tsp fennel seeds
5 whole cardamom pods, crushed

Directions:

1. Gently heat ¼ cup ghee in a heavy bottom pan on MEDIUM LOW.
2. Once melted, add mustard and cumin seeds and turn down heat to LOW. Allow to cook for 3­5 minutes, stirring once in a while.
3. Meanwhile place rest of spices in a small bowl.
4. Add spice mix to pot and continue to cook on LOW for 2­5 minutes, stirring occasionally. The spices will become fragrant.
5. Pour in the rest of the ghee and allow to warm on LOW for 20 minutes, uncovered. Be sure that it is very LOW.
The ghee should not bubble in any way. The low heat is just to help the spices infuse.
6. Remove from heat and allow to cool for 30 minutes.
7. Strain with a fine mesh strainer into a glass jar. Enjoy!

Recipe by Savory Lotus at: http://www.savorylotus.com/indian­spiced­ghee/
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 03-21-2016, 03:35 AM   #372
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

http://www.savorylotus.com/paleo-blueberry-lemon-bread/
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 03-21-2016, 10:31 PM   #373
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

This Paleo pizza crust sounds pretty good. I may make the dough and see how it turns out so I thought I would share it here.

http://www.primallyinspired.com/grai...a-crust-paleo/
Old 03-24-2016, 02:30 AM   #374
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Just in time for Easter, a deviled egg recipe using cultured sour cream or organic yogurt instead of mayo that actually tastes good! I prefer it with the yogurt, mostly because I usually have some in the fridge.

Here's the recipe as copied from the website:

Deviled Eggs Sans Mayonnaise

Recipe type: Appetizer, Snack- Prep time: 5 mins - Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 25 mins

Ingredients:
6 pastured eggs, hard boiled
A scant ¼ cup of cultured sour cream or whole organic yogurt
2 tablespoons bacon fat
1 teaspoon raw apple cider vinegar
1 teaspoon dijon mustard
½ teaspoon sea salt
½ teaspoon garlic powder
¼ teaspoon chipotle chili powder
Fresh or dried parsley to taste
Cracked black pepper to taste

Instructions
1. Place 6 eggs in a pot with enough cold water to cover by at least an inch or two.
2. Place on stove and bring to a boil.
3. Once boiling remove from heat and place a lid on the pot and let sit for 12 minutes (be sure to use your kitchen
timer.)
4. For the next step, you can either remove the eggs with a slotted spoon and place in an ice bath. Or, simple
place the pot in the sink and run cold water in the pot until it is cool, adding some ice once the water is no
longer warm.
5. Let the eggs sit for a few minutes to cool, and then go ahead and peel them.
6. Slice the eggs in half and scoop out the cooked yolks placing them into a small mixing bowl.
7. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Taste the mixture to see if you want a bit more spice or salt, it takes a few minutes before the flavors meld.
8. Scoop the filling into each egg and serve.
9. Additionally, the mixture can be kept in a lidded bowl separate from the eggs until you are ready to serve if you like, especially if you need to transport the eggs to a picnic or a party.

Recipe by Divine Health at http://divinehealthfromtheinsideout....ns­mayonnaise/
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 03-26-2016, 11:42 AM   #375
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:

*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

I have been doing a high protein, low carb eating plan for the last couple of months and I like it a lot.

Sometimes, I do crave sweets and am too lazy to make a low-carb desert, so I will have some of this great ice cream that I read about on a keto website.

It is not easy to find but I did find it at a local health food store. You can also order it online if desperate!

Halo Top ice cream

(per 1/2 cup serving)

60 calories
Total fat 2 grams
Saturated fat 1g
Trans fat 0g
Cholesterol 14g
Sodium 109g
Dietary fiber 5g
Sugars 4g
Sugar alcohol 5g
Protein 6g

4 grams net carbs after deducting erythritol and fiber, per 1/2 cup serving.

INGREDIENTS:

Milk and cream, eggs, erythritol, prebiotic fiber, milk protein concentrate, organic cane sugar, high fat cocoa, vegetable glycerin, sea salt, organic carob gum, organic guar gum, organic stevia.

http://www.halotop.com/flavors/

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 03-27-2016, 06:08 AM   #376
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Happy Easter to those who celebrate it, and Happy Sunday to those who don't!
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 04-10-2016, 12:32 PM   #377
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:

I went a little crazy on the Julian Bakery and AMAZON websites last nights.

I have been craving, craving, some bread and a bowl of cereal!

I know there are tons of Paleo and low carb recipes for bread but I just don't always feel like baking or cooking.

I just want to slap my ham on a piece of bread and have a sandwich again!

Anyway, even though the Julian Paleo bread had only two stars I figure I would toast it and how bad can it be, right? I guess I will find out.

I also bought a box of Paleo coconut flakes cereal (7 net carbs), it got about 4 stars. It won't be an every day thing as that is kind of a lot of net carbs but once in a blue moon, maybe it will cure my craving. I used to be the Special K, bowl every morning, girl. Haven't had that in about 4 months now. Threw the box away and it was family size, too.

Sorry about this, I know it is not the listening to each other thread but sometimes, I really miss some high carb foods.

*End of rant*

~Washington Post

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 04-10-2016, 01:59 PM   #378
PaPa

How Do You Identify?:
GQ Butch Daddy
Relationship Status:
A Very Protective BIG Daddy...

Thanked 5,873 Times in 1,530 Posts
PaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST Reputation

I am having such a difficult time staying on the low carb diet....every time I turn around I break down and start back on carbs and feel worse for it. Have others struggled with this too and what do you do to keep yourself on track??
PaPa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to PaPa For This Useful Post:
Old 04-10-2016, 03:20 PM   #379
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaPa View Post
I am having such a difficult time staying on the low carb diet....every time I turn around I break down and start back on carbs and feel worse for it. Have others struggled with this too and what do you do to keep yourself on track??
My post right below yours today talks about my missing bread and cereal.

Other than that, I look for low carb/high protein foods that I can eat and get filled up, so I am not hungry.

In a recent post, I posted about Halo Top ice cream. Delicious, high protein and low carb. I like to sprinkle some almonds on the chocolate ice cream and don't feel deprived at all. You have to let it soften before you eat it!

I always have Atkins frozen meals on hand. I love the beef merlot and crustless chicken pot pie. I add a tiny bit more broccoli to both. I also keep Atkins protein shakes on hand. They are delicious and fill me up if I am in a hurry. I just found them at WalMart for a 6-pack (they usually are only sold in 4-packs) for $5.98.

I love egg salad so always keep hard-boiled eggs on hand. I also always keep ham, Swiss cheese, cheddar and mozzarella cheese sticks. I do roll-ups or make omelettes. I always have canned tuna and make tuna salad (and egg salad) with Dukes Mayo. I love Best foods mayo. Dukes is just as good-maybe better. I got it on Amazon.

I just try to stay prepared. Having nothing to grab is really bad for me. Preparing from scratch is the very best way to do it but I just can't cook all of the time. I do low carb, keto-ish eating, the lazy woman's way. The thing I am not doing is being religious about counting net carbs each day. Some weeks I lose a pound, other weeks I don't. I don't gain any more so it is working my way, for me.

Jesse and other folks here have been doing low carb way longer than I and have a lot of great posts about foods and recipes. I can honestly say I never feel hungry on high protein/low carb. It has been hard to get used to the fact that it is ok to eat fats like coconut oils or even butter. I lived on low fat diets for years and always felt hungry.

Best of luck PaPa.

~Washington Post

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 04-10-2016, 06:56 PM   #380
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Personally, I found that on a strictly Paleo eating plan I had the same struggles as you stated, PaPa. I decided that what works best for me right now, is a Paleo-Mediterranean eating plan. That said, in talking with and/or reading what about other's Paleo struggles I have noticed that a key denominator to success is in getting the correct ratio of healthy fats, purine proteins and low complex carbs into your body with every meal for your personal self. It may be that you need to increase the healthy fats and for the time being allow yourself a little higher limit on the carbs and then work downwards in time?

Many are not increasing the healthy fats to a high enough ratio to stay full. We have been taught for so long that fats are bad, I think it is difficult to get past that. Another factor is in keeping the fridge stocked with foods that you either have cooked ahead, or they prepare quickly. That was my biggest struggle. Lastly, there is the fact that the old sugar habit is a ***ch to break!

I wish you success with your challenges and hope that you will share them here so that we can all support one another as we learn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaPa View Post

Tags
carbs, healthy fats, high protein, low carbs, paleo