Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Current Affairs/World Issues/Science And History

View Poll Results: Do you think people who distrupt events should be tasered?
Yes. 10 10.87%
No. 32 34.78%
Sometimes, it depends on the event. 12 13.04%
Only as a last resort. 38 41.30%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-05-2010, 10:49 AM   #21
Sabine Gallais

How Do You Identify?:
Adeodatus

Sabine Gallais Has the BEST ReputationSabine Gallais Has the BEST ReputationSabine Gallais Has the BEST ReputationSabine Gallais Has the BEST ReputationSabine Gallais Has the BEST ReputationSabine Gallais Has the BEST ReputationSabine Gallais Has the BEST ReputationSabine Gallais Has the BEST ReputationSabine Gallais Has the BEST ReputationSabine Gallais Has the BEST ReputationSabine Gallais Has the BEST Reputation

I think it's a wee bit disingenuous to make assumptions that cops are running around tasering folks for fun or without any merit whatsoever. It's hard for me to side with folks deliberately causing trouble. Heck, I walk around all day without getting tasered. I've even been to professional sporting events without finding trouble. Imagine?
Old 05-05-2010, 10:57 AM   #22
NJFemmie

How Do You Identify?:
The original lime-twisted femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
I answer to most things, especially lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Still loving my Mare ;)

3 Highscores

Thanked 11,424 Times in 2,978 Posts
NJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabine Gallais View Post
I think it's a wee bit disingenuous to make assumptions that cops are running around tasering folks for fun or without any merit whatsoever. It's hard for me to side with folks deliberately causing trouble. Heck, I walk around all day without getting tasered. I've even been to professional sporting events without finding trouble. Imagine?
Agreed.

Hell - It's been at least .. three months since I've been last tasered for no reason. It doesn't happen ALL the time.

Sidenote:
When you're paying $90 a ticket for not even a half way decent seat, I personally don't want some asshat running around breaking the momentum of the game. I am not there to see some drunken idiot running around - I'm there to see a game.

And a good point was made - how do you know it's not some whackadoo trying to take out one of the players?

If you're stupid enough to take your chances by running out on a field - expect that you will be removed one way or another.

NJFemmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 10:58 AM   #23
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,663 Times in 7,652 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

Tuff crowd here I see. I dont believe in using any kind of weapons unless abolutely necessary.

Law enforcement and security folks used to be well schooled in how to diffuse potentially nasty situations. But, then again, those were the days when people respected the police/security.

I can understand police/security resorting to devices to protect themselves in hostile situations tho. People are nuts these days.

These tasers might come in handy at the beach this summer tho. Where do you buy them?

Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 05-05-2010, 11:01 AM   #24
betenoire

How Do You Identify?:
Satan in a Sunday Hat
Preferred Pronoun?:
Maow
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,742 Times in 2,566 Posts
betenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputation

Wait, he was an OFF DUTY cop? What the fuck was he doing just carrying his taser around with him? Did he have his gun and his billy club, too?

I don't know much about cops (because I don't trust them, so I like to pretend they don't exist), so I don't know if they are allowed/encouraged to carry that shit around them when they are off the clock - but it strikes me as inappropriate. Especially to a freaking sporting event.
Old 05-05-2010, 11:01 AM   #25
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Thanked 17,179 Times in 5,238 Posts
Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

There can be such a fine line in considering where someone's "last resort" is.....no?

So I voted no.

For Pete's sake....where are they gonna run TO? They're sorta stuck, aren't they, when they get out onto that field.

I think ~ MY opinion ~ some are just a little bit Taser~Crazy, if You ask me.

Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Diva For This Useful Post:
Old 05-05-2010, 11:02 AM   #26
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Thanked 17,179 Times in 5,238 Posts
Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by betenoire View Post
Wait, he was an OFF DUTY cop? What the fuck was he doing just carrying his taser around with him? Did he have his gun and his billy club, too?

I don't know much about cops (because I don't trust them, so I like to pretend they don't exist), so I don't know if they are allowed/encouraged to carry that shit around them when they are off the clock - but it strikes me as inappropriate. Especially to a freaking sporting event.

Sometimes, off~duty cops work a gig like that for extra buckage.

Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Diva For This Useful Post:
Old 05-05-2010, 11:11 AM   #27
dreadgeek
Power Femme

How Do You Identify?:
Cinnamon spiced, caramel colored, power-femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Married to a wonderful horse girl

Thanked 6,848 Times in 1,493 Posts
dreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by SassyLeo View Post
In general, I do not support overzealous Police Officers tasering or shooting anyone, but this just happened in Portland yesterday...

http://www.kptv.com/video/23460539/

I'd rather he be tasered than shot...
That man is lucky to be alive. If he'd been black, he would've been dead. The year I moved here there were *three* shootings, by cops, of motorists in the course of routine traffic stops and all three of the folks shot were black.

That said, I think that it really depends upon the situation. Someone running out onto a sports field does not actually rise to the occasion in my book. There are other ways to get the person to desist. Now, if the situation is such that another life is on the line, then whatever force the police have at their disposal should be used. So if the kid ran onto the field with a knife and all that happens is that he gets hit with a taser then he should consider himself lucky.

I think that armed officers (whether security guards or police) can be a little taser happy but I'm glad that they have a (generally) non-lethal way of stopping someone. And yes, I know that people do die from tasers however, given that the *next* level of escalation is a firearm, I'd rather unarmed but potentially violent perps be tased than be shot.

"People on the side of The People always ended up disappointed, in any case. They found that The People tended not to be grateful or appreciative or forward-thinking or obedient. The People tended to be small-minded and conservative and not very clever and were even distrustful of cleverness. And so, the children of the revolution were faced with the age-old problem: it wasn’t that you had the wrong kind of government, which was obvious, but that you had the wrong kind of people. As soon as you saw people as things to be measured, they didn’t measure up." (Terry Pratchett)
dreadgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dreadgeek For This Useful Post:
Old 05-05-2010, 11:12 AM   #28
NJFemmie

How Do You Identify?:
The original lime-twisted femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
I answer to most things, especially lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Still loving my Mare ;)

3 Highscores

Thanked 11,424 Times in 2,978 Posts
NJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

I have a lot of law enforcement in my family.
Off duty cops are allowed to carry weapons, and yes, some do take extra jobs (usually security-type) for some extra buckage.

NJFemmie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to NJFemmie For This Useful Post:
Old 05-05-2010, 11:14 AM   #29
dreadgeek
Power Femme

How Do You Identify?:
Cinnamon spiced, caramel colored, power-femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Married to a wonderful horse girl

Thanked 6,848 Times in 1,493 Posts
dreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:

I know that in California and Oregon off-duty police are allowed to carry their weapons.

Cheers
Aj

"People on the side of The People always ended up disappointed, in any case. They found that The People tended not to be grateful or appreciative or forward-thinking or obedient. The People tended to be small-minded and conservative and not very clever and were even distrustful of cleverness. And so, the children of the revolution were faced with the age-old problem: it wasn’t that you had the wrong kind of government, which was obvious, but that you had the wrong kind of people. As soon as you saw people as things to be measured, they didn’t measure up." (Terry Pratchett)
dreadgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 11:26 AM   #30
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 5,249 Times in 2,216 Posts
Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

In Maryland, the off duty cops carry their weapons with them as well.
Andrew, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 12:44 PM   #31
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

Frankly it is a misuse of use of force. The kid may have run around for a bit, but the cop should not have used the taser. Wait him out or run after him and tackle him, or get some back up and catch him, but taser, nope uncalled for.
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 05-05-2010, 12:57 PM   #32
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

Maybe if we put a taser device in both the batters box and pitchers mound, 4 hour baseball games will be a thing of the past. Just a thought.

Old 05-05-2010, 01:18 PM   #33
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky, Raw, Perverted, Uber Queer Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:
Keeper of 3, only one has the map to my freckles

Thanked 80,119 Times in 15,678 Posts
The_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by June View Post
I don't get it. Did it interrupt the Home Run?

"Just because you can, doesn't mean you should"

Vana'she picture this

*We* are all at game night right?

and some wacko runs through the

Scrabble board

KNOCKING everything over!!

I would tase them for you <3

"If you’re going to play these dirty games of ours, then you might as well indulge completely. It’s all about turning back into an animal and that’s the beauty of it. Place your guilt on the sidewalk and take a blow torch to it (guilt is usually worthless anyway). Be perverted, be filthy, do things that mannered people shouldn’t do. If you’re going to be gross then go for it and don’t wimp out."---Master Aiden

The_Lady_Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 01:22 PM   #34
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Thanked 11,382 Times in 2,839 Posts
Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

No tasing of minors. It's a damn ball game, not Congressional hearings.
Old 05-05-2010, 01:25 PM   #35
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Quote:
Originally Posted by apocalipstic View Post
No tasing of minors. It's a damn ball game, not Congressional hearings.
LOL right, no tasering of kids until we can taser congress.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 05-05-2010, 01:27 PM   #36
Queerasfck

How Do You Identify?:
still ballin'
Relationship Status:
Triple X

Thanked 6,496 Times in 1,638 Posts
Queerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Lady_Snow View Post
Vana'she picture this

*We* are all at game night right?

and some wacko runs through the

Scrabble board

KNOCKING everything over!!

I would tase them for you <3

Now that's love!
Queerasfck is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Queerasfck For This Useful Post:
Old 05-05-2010, 01:32 PM   #37
weatherboi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Owned boy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hey boy!!!
Relationship Status:
counting freckles slowly under Her direction!!!

Thanked 12,558 Times in 2,992 Posts
weatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputation

*jealous*
personally if i were a crazy ass baseball fan like that i would hope to be taken down by the taser...SCORE!!!

*sometimes i get the feeling people wanna taser me on a plane, but that is a whole nother story*
weatherboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 01:48 PM   #38
SuperFemme
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanently Banned 10/24/2010
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Married (one of 18,000)

4 Highscores

Thanked 7,109 Times in 2,327 Posts
SuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Double standard much?

They never tazed Morgana the Kissing Bandit now did they?

SuperFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SuperFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 05-05-2010, 01:49 PM   #39
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky, Raw, Perverted, Uber Queer Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:
Keeper of 3, only one has the map to my freckles

Thanked 80,119 Times in 15,678 Posts
The_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by weatherboi View Post
*jealous*
personally if i were a crazy ass baseball fan like that i would hope to be taken down by the taser...SCORE!!!

*sometimes i get the feeling people wanna taser me on a plane, but that is a whole nother story*

See why I *must* own a taser???

Quote:
Originally Posted by June View Post
Well. Sure. Scrabble is some serious business. We shall make an exception in this case. Especially if I was ahead.

In the main, I think people get a little too worked up about sports and (NASCAR) non-sports. They get all tanked up on liquor, smack and nitrates and the next thing you know, they think they are Wilt Chamberlain or Babe Ruth or whatever and they are harshing (evidently) everyone elses mellow.
I feel you are saying that ALLLLLLLLLLLLL sports fans partake in such deeds.. Isn't that stereotyping

When I transform into a sports figure in my haze of adrenalin and cheers. I channel Jack Lambert

"If you’re going to play these dirty games of ours, then you might as well indulge completely. It’s all about turning back into an animal and that’s the beauty of it. Place your guilt on the sidewalk and take a blow torch to it (guilt is usually worthless anyway). Be perverted, be filthy, do things that mannered people shouldn’t do. If you’re going to be gross then go for it and don’t wimp out."---Master Aiden

The_Lady_Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post:
Old 05-05-2010, 02:08 PM   #40
BullDog
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Dominant Stone Butch Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 22,781 Times in 4,469 Posts
BullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST Reputation

There better not be any disruptions of A2A at game night.

Off duty cops taking pot shots from the stands? No thanks. Make the idiots pay with stiff fines and/or tons of hours of community service or something- give them lasting pain instead of a temporary zap.

Yeah the trigger happy cops in Portland (almost always aimed at black people) make tasers look tame.

- Rainer Maria Rilke
BullDog is offline   Reply With Quote