Old 02-14-2010, 03:26 PM   #1
Darth Denkay

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm good with whatever
Relationship Status:
in love and loved

Darth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Dreadgeek,

After reading this post I did a google search and have ordered "98% Chimp" and "May the Mass times Acceleration be with you" - can't wait!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreadgeek View Post
Well it depends. My day-to-day gear is usually jeans and a tee-shirt typically with some nerdy saying on it like my current favorites:

"Come to the Dark Side...we have cookies!"
or
98% Chimp
or
2+2=5 (For extremely large values of 2)
or (something my co-worker wore that I MUST have)
May the Mass times Acceleration be with you
(i.e. may the force be with you)

If I'm not wearing that I tend toward Dockers and polo shirts. When I'm going to 'step out' I like to wear a Brooks Brothers suit with a tie.

Cheers
Aj
Old 02-15-2010, 02:50 AM   #2
Jaques

How Do You Identify?:
male/TG

Jaques Has the BEST ReputationJaques Has the BEST ReputationJaques Has the BEST ReputationJaques Has the BEST ReputationJaques Has the BEST ReputationJaques Has the BEST ReputationJaques Has the BEST ReputationJaques Has the BEST ReputationJaques Has the BEST ReputationJaques Has the BEST ReputationJaques Has the BEST Reputation

wear formal occasionally and casual more often but when its warm, just like to hang out in shorts - thats not underpants (im English) - short trousers - lol!

http://

Jaques is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jaques For This Useful Post:
Old 02-15-2010, 08:50 PM   #3
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,892 Times in 5,770 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaques View Post
wear formal occasionally and casual more often but when its warm, just like to hang out in shorts - thats not underpants (im English) - short trousers - lol!

Sharp pics, Jaques!

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 02-16-2010, 06:01 PM   #4
Jess
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
decidedly indifferent
Preferred Pronoun?:
other

Thanked 5,702 Times in 1,684 Posts
Jess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST Reputation

So here's a bummer... I found the absolutely most comfy brand of tighty whity's ever and they have been discontinued. Jockey GO Sculpt low rise briefs. Most comfy EVAH! Still looking for them on line.. sighs..
Jess is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jess For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2010, 02:43 PM   #5
silentshout

How Do You Identify?:
andro
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

silentshout Has the BEST Reputationsilentshout Has the BEST Reputationsilentshout Has the BEST Reputationsilentshout Has the BEST Reputationsilentshout Has the BEST Reputationsilentshout Has the BEST Reputationsilentshout Has the BEST Reputationsilentshout Has the BEST Reputationsilentshout Has the BEST Reputationsilentshout Has the BEST Reputationsilentshout Has the BEST Reputation
Thumbs up

I have a casual style. Just jeans and t-shirts. Sometimes button downs. I don't like shorts. Not sure why. If I get a career I'd really, really like to wear men suits. So that should be interesting.
Old 11-27-2010, 02:25 PM   #6
asphaltcowboi

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Relationship Status:
HAPPY

7 Highscores

Thanked 3,297 Times in 1,042 Posts
asphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentshout View Post
I have a casual style. Just jeans and t-shirts. Sometimes button downs. I don't like shorts. Not sure why. If I get a career I'd really, really like to wear men suits. So that should be interesting.
i agree with the casual!! my idea of dresse up is usually my "good jeans", polished cowboi boots. either a good tee or a button down with a sport coat..
sometimes ill wear my tux shirt "that the sleeves are neatly torn out of" and leather jeans with matching sport coat
Old 11-27-2010, 03:44 PM   #7
EnderD_503

How Do You Identify?:
Queer, trans guy, butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male pronouns
Relationship Status:
Relationship

Thanked 3,903 Times in 1,030 Posts
EnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST Reputation

Here to join the casual brigade :P I prefer to stick to jeans/cargos and t-shirts/longsleeves/sweatshirts. When dressing up I'm kind of like cody in that I tend to go for the "good jeans." Will wear dress shirts/button downs, polos etc., and dress pants if needed, but really not into the whole suit thing. Luckily I work at a job where the dress code = sports wear.

But...have my first work Christmas party soon and while we don't have to get dressed up to the nines, I'm guessing the usual work clothes won't cut it lol So will have to figure out what to wear for that...ugh
EnderD_503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 07:18 PM   #8
naturlover_52

How Do You Identify?:
soft butch/bi
Preferred Pronoun?:
she and her are just fine....Sweetcheeks hey you
Relationship Status:
seeing someone long distance but soon will be both in Ca love her very much

Location: So Calif East San Gabrielle Valley aka the land of shake and bake
naturlover_52 Has the BEST Reputationnaturlover_52 Has the BEST Reputationnaturlover_52 Has the BEST Reputationnaturlover_52 Has the BEST Reputationnaturlover_52 Has the BEST Reputationnaturlover_52 Has the BEST Reputationnaturlover_52 Has the BEST Reputationnaturlover_52 Has the BEST Reputationnaturlover_52 Has the BEST Reputationnaturlover_52 Has the BEST Reputationnaturlover_52 Has the BEST Reputation
Default for me

I found that I like the sweaters that have the zipper that goes to about mid chest and then would wear a turtle neck or a dress shirt and tie and a pair of nice jeans or my dress slacks and motorcycle boots.

for cas: it is Jeans and tennies and my ball cap and my hoodies
naturlover_52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 07:21 PM   #9
katsarecool

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Woman
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 1,765 Times in 734 Posts
katsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputation

Its been so long since I've seen a real live butch I would not care if they were wearing a torn up t-shirt and a pair of winnie the pooh boxers!
Old 01-26-2011, 08:26 AM   #10
Mister

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, but not fussed
Relationship Status:
Single

Mister is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtLastHome View Post
For anyone to post in about butch clothing, and styles. I always like to see what we all put on!

And no, this is not a butch cock & packing thread ..... there is one of those already!

So, what are we all wearing these days? Casually, to formals.... to work?
Just checking out the threads and stumbled across this! Love a 3 piece suit with a button down shirt, cufflinks, tie and brogues but that's more for an occasion - theatre/opera or a special night out/party. For more of our community events/clubs I like my leather braces, shirt, jeans and boots. Right now, it's so hot here... cargos and wifebeaters or a tshirt.
Mister is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mister For This Useful Post:
Old 01-26-2011, 09:09 AM   #11
waxnrope
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanently Banned 5/27/2011
Preferred Pronoun?:
hy ho, hy ho; he, she, it, whatever
Relationship Status:
Going slow ...

Thanked 2,958 Times in 953 Posts
waxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputation
Default shirts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister View Post
Just checking out the threads and stumbled across this! Love a 3 piece suit with a button down shirt, cufflinks, tie and brogues but that's more for an occasion - theatre/opera or a special night out/party. For more of our community events/clubs I like my leather braces, shirt, jeans and boots. Right now, it's so hot here... cargos and wifebeaters or a tshirt.
Unfortunately, I can't wear a men's suit to work ... my gay male E.D. would kill me. Long story ... There aren't enough occasions for me to wear them, but I do seek opportunity to do so. Haven't yet worn a tie with button down ... it has been a no no within certain (older and well heeled) fashions.

Where I have shirt interest is in the "cut away" shirts worn in Europe. They've taken off in the states, and even in some shops on eBay. Here's a link to one such shirt not so much the color, but the design. They are mostly worn to accommodate the large knot tie: http://www.morcouture.com/steven-lan...ess-shirt.html

Also, if you don't have a short neck, the long neck shirts have become a fad in some circles. Some of these are rather outrageous, IMHO, but there are some beautiful designs. The inside of the collar and inside of the cuff are made with contrasting colors and/or design: http://www.morcouture.com/axxess-lig...lar-shirt.html
Note that these are shirts NOT to be worn with a tie ...

BEST FIND ON EBAY for getting a shirt that fits properly, a problem for many of us, at reasonable cost is Everything Bespoke (for anyone new to the term, bespoke refers to tailored/made to measure clothing). If nothing else, the information provided informs one about how to measure for a man's shirt. But, to have 3 shirts made for your measurements for under $100 is simply awesome! http://stores.ebay.com/Everything-Bespoke No more shoulder seams on the biceps! And, yes, they also make pants. I'm saving up. Even in the men's section on eBay it is hard to find trousers to fit my long legs . I'm saving up!
waxnrope is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to waxnrope For This Useful Post:
Old 01-26-2011, 10:13 AM   #12
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by waxnrope View Post
Unfortunately, I can't wear a men's suit to work ... my gay male E.D. would kill me. Long story ... There aren't enough occasions for me to wear them, but I do seek opportunity to do so. Haven't yet worn a tie with button down ... it has been a no no within certain (older and well heeled) fashions.

Where I have shirt interest is in the "cut away" shirts worn in Europe. They've taken off in the states, and even in some shops on eBay. Here's a link to one such shirt not so much the color, but the design. They are mostly worn to accommodate the large knot tie: http://www.morcouture.com/steven-lan...ess-shirt.html

Also, if you don't have a short neck, the long neck shirts have become a fad in some circles. Some of these are rather outrageous, IMHO, but there are some beautiful designs. The inside of the collar and inside of the cuff are made with contrasting colors and/or design: http://www.morcouture.com/axxess-lig...lar-shirt.html
Note that these are shirts NOT to be worn with a tie ...

I know these are the new trend, but I just can't get into either of them....

BEST FIND ON EBAY for getting a shirt that fits properly, a problem for many of us, at reasonable cost is Everything Bespoke (for anyone new to the term, bespoke refers to tailored/made to measure clothing). If nothing else, the information provided informs one about how to measure for a man's shirt. But, to have 3 shirts made for your measurements for under $100 is simply awesome! http://stores.ebay.com/Everything-Bespoke No more shoulder seams on the biceps! And, yes, they also make pants. I'm saving up. Even in the men's section on eBay it is hard to find trousers to fit my long legs . I'm saving up!

I'm definitely going to check out this link.
I have found that dress shirts from Express (men's) have always fit correctly....length in arms and of course, shoulder seams. The biggest downfall for butches...wearing shirts that have shoulder seams down on their biceps. Bugs me. I know it is tough to find ones that fit, but I don't think a lot of folks even think about it. It makes a BIG difference in how well a shirt looks.

(side note: it has been quite a few years since I bought from Express, however. I bought like 10 shirts (including doubles) in practically every color they had at the time!) Oh, also Calvin Klein works for me as well, not as perfect, but that has been where I have been purchasing the last few years since I now have access to an oulet store.

wax, I am really appreciating your posts and links here. thanks!

The Following User Says Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 01-26-2011, 10:21 AM   #13
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Default Cross post from FTM gear thread

FYI: Frog Bra is no more

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Many butches/FTMs have used the Frog bra from title nine sports alone or in conjunction with binders. I have been meaning to come on to post to let folks know that title nine is no longer making it, and evidently, the replacement sucks according to the comments and riot over the discontinuation of the Frog Bra. Supposedly, it was discontinued b/c they were unable to get the fabric they had gotten in the past.

Here is the replacement.

http://www.titlenine.com/product/bou...rtby=ourPicks#

ETA: Seems as though this page was deleted. Have to search for "booby trap" to get the page. The comments are hilarious! People threatening breast reductions b/c their bra was taken away.

Last edited by DapperButch; 01-26-2011 at 10:23 AM. Reason: to add ETA
Old 01-26-2011, 10:40 AM   #14
waxnrope
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Going slow ...

waxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputation
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
FYI: Frog Bra is no more

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Many butches/FTMs have used the Frog bra from title nine sports alone or in conjunction with binders. I have been meaning to come on to post to let folks know that title nine is no longer making it, and evidently, the replacement sucks according to the comments and riot over the discontinuation of the Frog Bra. Supposedly, it was discontinued b/c they were unable to get the fabric they had gotten in the past.

Here is the replacement.

http://www.titlenine.com/product/bou...rtby=ourPicks#

ETA: Seems as though this page was deleted. Have to search for "booby trap" to get the page. The comments are hilarious! People threatening breast reductions b/c their bra was taken away.
oh boy
Old 01-26-2011, 10:49 AM   #15
waxnrope
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Going slow ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
I have found that dress shirts from Express (men's) have always fit correctly....length in arms and of course, shoulder seams. The biggest downfall for butches...wearing shirts that have shoulder seams down on their biceps. Bugs me. I know it is tough to find ones that fit, but I don't think a lot of folks even think about it. It makes a BIG difference in how well a shirt looks.

(side note: it has been quite a few years since I bought from Express, however. I bought like 10 shirts (including doubles) in practically every color they had at the time!) Oh, also Calvin Klein works for me as well, not as perfect, but that has been where I have been purchasing the last few years since I now have access to an oulet store.

wax, I am really appreciating your posts and links here. thanks!
YW, dapper.
How things fit ... according to one's shape. I include the measurements to make sure that a shirt fits my waist, abs, and, if long tails, hips. I can't wear a fit shirt because, while they may fit my chest, they do not fit the rest of me, and I am uncomfortable in snug clothing ... well, some exceptions there, but I ain't talkin' bout that!

Still interested in seeing if any butches want to think about doing a clothes swap ...
Old 01-26-2011, 11:13 AM   #16
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Quote:
Originally Posted by waxnrope View Post
YW, dapper.
How things fit ... according to one's shape. I include the measurements to make sure that a shirt fits my waist, abs, and, if long tails, hips. I can't wear a fit shirt because, while they may fit my chest, they do not fit the rest of me, and I am uncomfortable in snug clothing ... well, some exceptions there, but I ain't talkin' bout that!

Got it!

Still interested in seeing if any butches want to think about doing a clothes swap ...
That would be too much work! You know, going to the post office and all...lol

Old 05-22-2011, 07:41 AM   #17
Stud_puppy1991

How Do You Identify?:
butch, gentleman
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy, Hym, "Hey Handsome", and also throwing in a "Sup man" or a "You're sexy" will work
Relationship Status:
Back to Bachelorhood

Stud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST Reputation

Casually for me is simply a t-shirt and jeans day. Typically a day when i don't have work or my classes. but, then again, I usually look this way. On days when I work out, it's usually a t-shirt or undershirt and my exercise shorts. On lazy days. just my shirt and boxers. To work, a blue oxford shirt and pants.
Stud_puppy1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stud_puppy1991 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-24-2011, 12:45 AM   #18
Steph

How Do You Identify?:
Soft Butch
Relationship Status:
Single

Steph is on a distinguished road

Jeans and t-shirts for me and I also like wearing baseball caps too.
Steph is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Steph For This Useful Post:
Old 06-24-2011, 01:05 AM   #19
chefhottie25

How Do You Identify?:
boi
Preferred Pronoun?:
hy
Relationship Status:
happily taken

chefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputation

i got some great new shirts this week. a few button downs from express for men(my girl said i look handsome in them) and some great new graphic t-shirts from american eagle. as far as the sleeveless shirts go...i usually cut the sleeves off of some of my older t-shirts.
chefhottie25 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to chefhottie25 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-24-2011, 07:33 AM   #20
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,830 Times in 3,200 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Time to shop for some new casual clothes! I need new shorts, especially. I miss the days of shorter shorts and more "form" fitting. But, I' have to see what I can come up with.
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote