Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LOVE > Dating, Marriage, Family

Old 01-03-2012, 10:52 AM   #21
1QuirkyKiwi

How Do You Identify?:
BBW. Unique femininity that does not encompass the western paradigm.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Anything Respectful!
Relationship Status:
Single, Happy, not Desparate or Looking, but Open to Possibilities...

Thanked 6,036 Times in 1,617 Posts
1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybarbara View Post
totally understand.

if you use:
http://journeyplanner.tfl.gov.uk/use...T2?language=en

and scroll down to only tick the type of transport you'd be ok with (bus and rail) then it will give you a couple of alternatives of how to get from Fenchurch rail station to soho.

I just pluged it in - take the 25 to oxford/soho. take you about 30 min. if you plug that in yourself, it will give you the map of where to get it and the route map.

Thanks for the link....my usual haunts in London are the West end/Waterloo/Kingston using the river bus and trains, and North London via Harlow.

1QuirkyKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 1QuirkyKiwi For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2012, 11:43 AM   #22
ArkansasPiscesGrrl

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her
Relationship Status:
feeling pretty darned blissful right now!

Thanked 3,080 Times in 741 Posts
ArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST Reputation

I am single too. I have recently signed onto several of the dating sites (Zoosk, Compatible Partners, Butch-Femme-dating etc), but all of them require monthly fees just to even see possible matches, or to respond in any way. These sites even advertised "Free" matches! OK, I guess getting matched was free, but anything else was different. I have to wait till later this week (XMas shopping, rent, other first of the month type bills cut it kinda close for me last paycheck) to be able to find out.

I did see several very interesting possibilities, and most fairly close by to me too. Soooo....

So, singles, how many of you have used these sites to find others, and what were your results?

(working on putting myself out there a bit.. not wanting to rush into anything, but I need and deserve to have a little fun!)
ArkansasPiscesGrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ArkansasPiscesGrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2012, 12:38 PM   #23
1QuirkyKiwi

How Do You Identify?:
BBW. Unique femininity that does not encompass the western paradigm.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Anything Respectful!
Relationship Status:
Single, Happy, not Desparate or Looking, but Open to Possibilities...

Thanked 6,036 Times in 1,617 Posts
1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkansasPiscesGrrl View Post
I am single too. I have recently signed onto several of the dating sites (Zoosk, Compatible Partners, Butch-Femme-dating etc), but all of them require monthly fees just to even see possible matches, or to respond in any way. These sites even advertised "Free" matches! OK, I guess getting matched was free, but anything else was different. I have to wait till later this week (XMas shopping, rent, other first of the month type bills cut it kinda close for me last paycheck) to be able to find out.

I did see several very interesting possibilities, and most fairly close by to me too. Soooo....

So, singles, how many of you have used these sites to find others, and what were your results?

(working on putting myself out there a bit.. not wanting to rush into anything, but I need and deserve to have a little fun!)
I still have a profile on Butch-Femme-dating, but, only sign in now when I get a message from someone. I have had many dates from UK based sites, Women at tangowire and PinkCupid/Sofa....the latter two also have women looking within Europe, which is great for me.

Best of luck!

1QuirkyKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 1QuirkyKiwi For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2012, 03:58 AM   #24
msW8ing

How Do You Identify?:
multi-faceted gem, femme, submissive babygirl if the chemistry is there.
Preferred Pronoun?:
lady
Relationship Status:
working on myself

Thanked 2,498 Times in 655 Posts
msW8ing Has the BEST ReputationmsW8ing Has the BEST ReputationmsW8ing Has the BEST ReputationmsW8ing Has the BEST ReputationmsW8ing Has the BEST ReputationmsW8ing Has the BEST ReputationmsW8ing Has the BEST ReputationmsW8ing Has the BEST ReputationmsW8ing Has the BEST ReputationmsW8ing Has the BEST ReputationmsW8ing Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkansasPiscesGrrl View Post

There are only two that I know of that are free to join and free to communicate..I've made some dear friends from these sites..but that's I seek now...but there are many that are looking for LTR and dating...Plenty of Fish and OK Cupid. I have friends that met on these sites and are still together after all this time..I like them because there is something for everyone from a yard sale buddy...to a lunch/dinner companion to a serious relationship. Good luck!!!!

A lady who knows the ropes..will never be bound. ~Mae West
msW8ing is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to msW8ing For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2012, 07:55 AM   #25
ScandalAndy

How Do You Identify?:
human femme spitfire
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
it's official!

Thanked 3,219 Times in 753 Posts
ScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST Reputation
Default Board games and dessert wine

I'm also tired of getting my hopes up with people, only to find out that they didn't think it was a date, and aren't interested in kissing me goodnight and texting me the next day.

I'm on OKCupid (1grlentourage), but haven't gotten any dates from there. I'm also here, and have pics of my band geekery.

30, scientist, femme, wants to be treated like she's something special. I love doing nice things for a partner, or even a date, it's in my nature to be that way. I love it even more when I truly feel like someone listens to me when I talk, and cares about how I feel. And I would REALLY like to be kissed, it's been a long time.

I'm also not about to pretend I am any good at writing personal ads.
Old 10-26-2012, 10:39 AM   #26
Rope

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy
Relationship Status:
polyamorous

Thanked 1,278 Times in 212 Posts
Rope Has the BEST ReputationRope Has the BEST ReputationRope Has the BEST ReputationRope Has the BEST ReputationRope Has the BEST ReputationRope Has the BEST ReputationRope Has the BEST ReputationRope Has the BEST ReputationRope Has the BEST ReputationRope Has the BEST ReputationRope Has the BEST Reputation

I'm posting for a femme friend of mine. I'll come back and post her official ad, but here's what I've got on her since I know her.

She's early 40's (apparently that's an issue for some butches), femme, into leather and more than just a fashion statement, smart, gainfully employed, wry sense of humor, GOURMET cook (I'm not exaggerating and she makes a mean PIE), and sexy. Poly or monogamous if it works. Multi-racial Jew via Native American and Black American.

Prefers California, she lives in San Francisco area. She's open to blind dates.

She's looking for dates and see how it goes, no rush to the altar.

Email me via the site with your email address.

Rope--

Rope is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rope For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2012, 02:14 PM   #27
imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

Thanked 9,728 Times in 1,613 Posts
imperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputation

Ah well, I'll be in vancouver from Nov 8th till... I dunno, at least till I finish school. POF seems to be where the vancouver people are and quite a few on OKCupid.

But! not dating anymore. My head would explode. just doing friends till maybe something nice happens with a friendship.

*battle weary*

that doesn't mean I'm not frisky with friends.

eyeliner is hot. on everyone.

I might come visit seattle to say hi once I settle in.
imperfect_cupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to imperfect_cupcake For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2012, 02:27 PM   #28
Darbonaire
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
MALE
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Working on myself, thank you

Darbonaire Has the BEST ReputationDarbonaire Has the BEST ReputationDarbonaire Has the BEST ReputationDarbonaire Has the BEST ReputationDarbonaire Has the BEST ReputationDarbonaire Has the BEST ReputationDarbonaire Has the BEST ReputationDarbonaire Has the BEST ReputationDarbonaire Has the BEST ReputationDarbonaire Has the BEST ReputationDarbonaire Has the BEST Reputation
Default Ok, I'm game.....lol

57 year old some say nice looking <check my pic then you decide> FTM into femmes BIG time.....I enjoy the male / female exchange of energy....a Daddy.....not into inflicting pain but I LOVE a good mind f*ck. Enjoying life in VA......would love to have someone to date, have sex with if that works for both, someone who laughs & who gets my sense of humor. Please be a drive distance away but, I welcome ALL chats....who knows what may happen between us...I'm open to the possibilities.

I am gentlemanly, have manners, enjoy spoiling a woman, appreciate intelligence & demand honesty on BOTH sides.

If you are interested, I am always open to a chat so let me know....& may we all be blessed with good times, good friends, & if we're lucky....lasting love !!

Jonathan
Darbonaire is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Darbonaire For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2012, 04:29 PM   #29
juliebrave

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Female ones

juliebrave Has the BEST Reputationjuliebrave Has the BEST Reputationjuliebrave Has the BEST Reputationjuliebrave Has the BEST Reputationjuliebrave Has the BEST Reputationjuliebrave Has the BEST Reputationjuliebrave Has the BEST Reputationjuliebrave Has the BEST Reputationjuliebrave Has the BEST Reputationjuliebrave Has the BEST Reputationjuliebrave Has the BEST Reputation

Based on HoneyB's add, I want to date her. I think we could make it work.
juliebrave is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to juliebrave For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2012, 07:01 PM   #30
aishah

How Do You Identify?:
queer stone femme shark baby girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, little one
Relationship Status:
dating myself.

1 Highscore

Thanked 6,443 Times in 1,288 Posts
aishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputation

i love this thread! i've had really, really horrendous luck with okcupid and i tend to go on fetlife more for the forums.
aishah is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aishah For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2012, 07:02 PM   #31
Hominid

How Do You Identify?:
Male with interesting historical perspective
Relationship Status:
Taking Applications

Hominid Has the BEST ReputationHominid Has the BEST ReputationHominid Has the BEST ReputationHominid Has the BEST ReputationHominid Has the BEST ReputationHominid Has the BEST ReputationHominid Has the BEST ReputationHominid Has the BEST ReputationHominid Has the BEST ReputationHominid Has the BEST ReputationHominid Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default OKC paste

I'll cut and paste some of my OKC profile - it really goes on and on (and on) - I'm Hominid9 there.

I'm kind of old fashioned, conversational - love to play devil's advocate. I'm smart, a smart-ass - sarcastic, funny, dry. I do not need "fixing" anymore than you do. I get phrases and words stuck in my head more often than songs. Lately, it's been "Pliny the Elder".

Things I would like to do:
-Get lost in Home Depot or that great old refurb/door/window store in Florence
- Drink hot chocolate in the Berkshires, sitting on the tailgate of my truck and watching a meteor shower
- Spend an afternoon at a sushi bar and try everything, tell bad jokes and people watch
- Get dragged out of the house to do something I complain about but we both know I'll love doing
- Go "dive bar" hopping
- Watch the Mars lander live on TV and break out a bottle of champagne to celebrate
-Read books together with our feet touching
- Roast marshmallows on the fire pit by the river in the woods and snuggle
- Long, winding road trips featuring lots of singing, stopping at antique shops, historical markers and diners
-Listen to long stories, what others know that I don't, and Terry Gross.

I detest extremism; I value the dialectic;
I don't believe in any of this, but I'm a classic Capricorn.
I have an unusual number of plants in my house; I'm an expert aquarist, but do not have an aquarium. I can't bring myself to mow my side yard this year because a little family of deer have found it, and they use it for ... something. It's now a little meadow instead of a yard. I like their paths in the tall grass. My neighbors hate me, but the deer, birds, bees and butterflies are very happy about this. Who matters more?

I seem serious, but in fact I'm shy. And intolerant of stupidity.
I seem stoic, but I'm sentimental and empathetic, and extremely goofy. The more I like you, the more I blush and stammer.
When someone dies, the hearing center of the brain lives for another 10-15 minutes. I sing to them after everyone leaves the room, usually something from their youth, if I can't come up with anything, "The Sound of Music". I will deny this to anyone with whom I work.
Hominid is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Hominid For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2012, 07:41 PM   #32
imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

imperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliebrave View Post
HAHAHA bootches, I am pullin' the femmes! Eat my dust!

(obviously I am just rattling cages)

I will now court you in London style:

A'igh? *upwards head nod*

I have a tattoo. And a bus pass.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to imperfect_cupcake For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2012, 08:10 PM   #33
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,884 Times in 5,774 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliebrave View Post
We've ALL wanted to date HB for years. Get in line.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2012, 09:02 PM   #34
imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
We've ALL wanted to date HB for years. Get in line.
really???? ??

there doesn't seem to be an appropriate icon for this information.

It's my bus pass, isn't it.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to imperfect_cupcake For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2012, 10:17 PM   #35
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,779 Times in 25,691 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Hey, a good bus pass means you're going places...

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2012, 10:19 PM   #36
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybarbara View Post
really???? ??

there doesn't seem to be an appropriate icon for this information.

It's my bus pass, isn't it.
You know, I really think it is. Bus passes are SO difficult to get that it just draws all of us to you. I think you first mentioned it back on the dash site and none of us ever forgot it. And now, bringing it up again...well, I can confidently say that I am not the only one on the site that swooned.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 10-27-2012, 07:28 AM   #37
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Quote:
You know, I really think it is. Bus passes are SO difficult to get that it just draws all of us to you. I think you first mentioned it back on the dash site and none of us ever forgot it. And now, bringing it up again...well, I can confidently say that I am not the only one on the site that swooned.
C'mon people! This was freakin funny!

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 10-27-2012, 07:37 AM   #38
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Quote:
C'mon people! This was freakin funny!
Finally! I got a thanks on it. ha

The Following User Says Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 10-27-2012, 09:23 AM   #39
Heavenleahangel

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Femme; Earth bound Angel and Babygirl;
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Angel, as long as it's respectful
Relationship Status:
Waiting for the One who can complete me

Thanked 2,069 Times in 468 Posts
Heavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST Reputation

I could see myself saying the exact same thing! I am funny like that...
Old 11-03-2012, 11:13 AM   #40
imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

<<< Loves laughing at my own jokes. IM FUNNAY HAHAHAHA!!!!

I actually say that too. especially when someone else is looking fed up.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to imperfect_cupcake For This Useful Post: