Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Politics And Law

Old 11-02-2010, 05:31 PM   #21
Softly

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
Married

Softly Has the BEST ReputationSoftly Has the BEST ReputationSoftly Has the BEST ReputationSoftly Has the BEST ReputationSoftly Has the BEST ReputationSoftly Has the BEST ReputationSoftly Has the BEST ReputationSoftly Has the BEST ReputationSoftly Has the BEST ReputationSoftly Has the BEST ReputationSoftly Has the BEST Reputation

Voted after work today!!
Softly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Softly For This Useful Post:
Old 11-02-2010, 05:40 PM   #22
SimpleAlaskanBoy

How Do You Identify?:
Bisexual trans guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Daddy to a sweet daisy.

Thanked 1,010 Times in 295 Posts
SimpleAlaskanBoy Has the BEST ReputationSimpleAlaskanBoy Has the BEST ReputationSimpleAlaskanBoy Has the BEST ReputationSimpleAlaskanBoy Has the BEST ReputationSimpleAlaskanBoy Has the BEST ReputationSimpleAlaskanBoy Has the BEST ReputationSimpleAlaskanBoy Has the BEST ReputationSimpleAlaskanBoy Has the BEST ReputationSimpleAlaskanBoy Has the BEST ReputationSimpleAlaskanBoy Has the BEST ReputationSimpleAlaskanBoy Has the BEST Reputation

daisy and I voted early this morning.
9 minutes after the polls close in Ohio and MSNBC is reporting that our Gov. race is too close to call.
I'm keeping an eye on many states tonight...kind of curious to see how Alaska goes with Miller vs Murkowski.
~SAB

<-----Pocky Jedi

"There's only one rule I know of babies-G-d damn it, you've got to be kind."
-Kurt Vonnegut (G-d Bless You, Mr. Rosewater)
SimpleAlaskanBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SimpleAlaskanBoy For This Useful Post:
Old 11-02-2010, 05:49 PM   #23
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,664 Times in 7,652 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

I knew I would be out of town this week, so I did an absentee ballot a few weeks ago. This seems to me to be a huge election even for a midterm.

Of course my brother called tonight to tell me he voed a straight Republican ballot. The boy has a very very short memory.

Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 11-02-2010, 06:06 PM   #24
betenoire

How Do You Identify?:
Satan in a Sunday Hat
Preferred Pronoun?:
Maow
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,742 Times in 2,566 Posts
betenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputation

Guys, I know it's early...but it doesn't look good.

I'm pretty upset.
Old 11-02-2010, 06:36 PM   #25
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 22,958 Times in 5,020 Posts
MsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I voted after work and the grocery store. I have to vote just to cancel out my Republican Sister's vote; how we came from the same parents....
MsTinkerbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post:
Old 11-02-2010, 06:39 PM   #26
TickledPink

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Girly Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Miss Pink
Relationship Status:
Shacked UP

Location: The Holt-Mason Chateau Decherd/I'm a NashVegas Girl!
Thanked 1,998 Times in 607 Posts
TickledPink Has the BEST ReputationTickledPink Has the BEST ReputationTickledPink Has the BEST ReputationTickledPink Has the BEST ReputationTickledPink Has the BEST ReputationTickledPink Has the BEST ReputationTickledPink Has the BEST ReputationTickledPink Has the BEST ReputationTickledPink Has the BEST ReputationTickledPink Has the BEST ReputationTickledPink Has the BEST Reputation

Voted!
TickledPink is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TickledPink For This Useful Post:
Old 11-02-2010, 07:02 PM   #27
Miss Scarlett
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

Thanked 12,949 Times in 3,419 Posts
Miss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST Reputation

Stood in line for over an hour - amazing for my apathetic precinct.
Miss Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Miss Scarlett For This Useful Post:
Old 11-02-2010, 07:32 PM   #28
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,830 Times in 3,200 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoddz View Post
Well, here in Nevada, Senator Reid has done a pretty decent job for us. As most everyone here knows, I work for the VA, and without the big push from Sen. Reid and my other favorite Congressional representatives, Shelley Berkley (D-NV), and Dina Titus (D-NV), we wouldn't be getting this new VA Medical Center and nursing home complex that is slated to open, here in Las Vegas, in 2012. Senator Reid and Ms. Berkley, in particular, have always been staunch supporters of both Veterans and federal employees. Nevada has gotten a *lot* of good things because our "Man from Searchlight" has been the Senate Majority Leader. Harry Reid stood up against the mob here in Vegas and made them clean up the gaming industry, making Las Vegas a world class entertainment and gambling mecca. He also worked very hard to keep Nevadans safe from the hazards of having a national nuclear waste dump made of Yucca Mountain. That would have been only a few miles up the road from my house and I didn't want that in my back yard.

Oh, and I guess I should mention, as a side note, that Senator Reid happens to be a Mormon, but what I respect the most about this man and his faith is that he has never allowed his faith to interfere with his support of just causes, including equal rights for the GLBTQ community and especially the repeal of DADT. Here's an excerpt from an article published by the Las Vegas Sun:

http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2010...al-unfair-law/

"Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, an advocate of repealing the law, deserves credit for attaching that proposal to the defense bill. He could have taken the easy road during an election year and ducked the issue. But we send senators to Washington to make tough decisions and Reid, a Nevada Democrat, has shown repeatedly that he is more than up to that task."

I, for one Nevadan, am very much a supporter of our "Man from Searchlight", Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, and I was very happy and proud to cast my vote for him.

I am going to be extremely disappointed and surprised if that nut job, Sharron Angle, pulls out a win against him. Nevada would lose, in a HUGE way, if she were to be elected, not to mention the loss to the nation of such a good and just man.

~Theo~
OK, now that someone with first hand info has spoken... I take it back! I am totally behind the things you are talking about here for our vets and troops. I stand corrected!

Please... please ... no Angle! I guess it went into today really close, but, I am going to keep the faith!
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 11-02-2010, 08:09 PM   #29
Andrea

How Do You Identify?:
Mature Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her/She
Relationship Status:
I heart Rene

Thanked 15,247 Times in 3,064 Posts
Andrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST Reputation

I voted Democrat by mail over a week ago.

Walked over to the precinct this afternoon with Rene while he cast his votes.

We only disagreed on one local race.

Andrea

What we think about and thank about, we bring about!

Today I will treat my body with love and respect.
Andrea is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Andrea For This Useful Post:
Old 11-02-2010, 08:28 PM   #30
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

UGH.. looks like the GOP will take the majority in the House. Not in the US Senate, however. Hummm... does look a bit like what Clinton had to9 deal with in the 90's and he won re-election.

Also, the Senate has to pass legislation passed by the house and Obama has veto power. Unless the GOP were to take both Houses, they really are not gaining in terms of real legislative power.

Then, again.... will it just be continued deadlock with everything in Congress? I want Congress to work! Sure, I want what I believe in, but that isn't the point- we have such a broken legislative process right now when the US is in such a mess! Frankly, some real bi-partisanship wouldn't bother me at all.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 11-02-2010, 11:33 PM   #31
rlin

How Do You Identify?:
human

Thanked 1,190 Times in 451 Posts
rlin Has the BEST Reputationrlin Has the BEST Reputationrlin Has the BEST Reputationrlin Has the BEST Reputationrlin Has the BEST Reputationrlin Has the BEST Reputationrlin Has the BEST Reputationrlin Has the BEST Reputationrlin Has the BEST Reputationrlin Has the BEST Reputationrlin Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtLastHome View Post
UGH..
Frankly, some real bi-partisanship wouldn't bother me at all.

can you imagine john boner even being able to pronounce the word bipartisanship???
rlin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rlin For This Useful Post:
Old 11-02-2010, 11:46 PM   #32
katsarecool

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Woman
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 1,765 Times in 734 Posts
katsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlin View Post

can you imagine john boner even being able to pronounce the word bipartisanship???
No I cannot! What a creepy guy!!!!
Old 11-03-2010, 12:16 AM   #33
SimpleAlaskanBoy

How Do You Identify?:
Bisexual trans guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Daddy to a sweet daisy.

Thanked 1,010 Times in 295 Posts
SimpleAlaskanBoy Has the BEST ReputationSimpleAlaskanBoy Has the BEST ReputationSimpleAlaskanBoy Has the BEST ReputationSimpleAlaskanBoy Has the BEST ReputationSimpleAlaskanBoy Has the BEST ReputationSimpleAlaskanBoy Has the BEST ReputationSimpleAlaskanBoy Has the BEST ReputationSimpleAlaskanBoy Has the BEST ReputationSimpleAlaskanBoy Has the BEST ReputationSimpleAlaskanBoy Has the BEST ReputationSimpleAlaskanBoy Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by katsarecool View Post
No I cannot! What a creepy guy!!!!
Imagine if you will how *pleased* I was to find out that he's the Representative for this state...I've lived here a year plus now and I have never heard of him other than national coverage. At least MSNBC was able to note that he's been quite emotional in speeches before and noted that he's a Washington insider, he's been there for years...
Still bummed about the Gov.
~SAB

<-----Pocky Jedi

"There's only one rule I know of babies-G-d damn it, you've got to be kind."
-Kurt Vonnegut (G-d Bless You, Mr. Rosewater)
SimpleAlaskanBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SimpleAlaskanBoy For This Useful Post:
Old 11-03-2010, 01:28 AM   #34
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Member Photo Albums

Quote:

OMG, you are soooooo right about this! And this is what makes me so nuts with what is going on in Congress.

Been thinking a lot tonight about what will happen if the deadlock continues. There are so many people hurting in the US that just need these bozos to root out solutions to economic problems and deal with them. Compromise- what a concept! Get people back to work!!!

"Boner" actually showed some emotion on TV tonight... but it was all about the GOP's wins, not what the hell he is willing to do to get the economy moving again.
Old 11-03-2010, 05:13 AM   #35
Nat

How Do You Identify?:
bigender
Preferred Pronoun?:
whatevs
Relationship Status:
in a relationship

Thanked 13,992 Times in 2,594 Posts
Nat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST Reputation

At least Angle didn't win.

- Bjork

What is to give light must endure burning.

-Viktor Frankl
Nat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nat For This Useful Post:
Old 11-03-2010, 06:51 AM   #36
Sabine Gallais

How Do You Identify?:
Adeodatus

Sabine Gallais Has the BEST ReputationSabine Gallais Has the BEST ReputationSabine Gallais Has the BEST ReputationSabine Gallais Has the BEST ReputationSabine Gallais Has the BEST ReputationSabine Gallais Has the BEST ReputationSabine Gallais Has the BEST ReputationSabine Gallais Has the BEST ReputationSabine Gallais Has the BEST ReputationSabine Gallais Has the BEST ReputationSabine Gallais Has the BEST Reputation

It was an historic night surpassing the trouncing of 1994. Somewhere in the neighborhood of 65 seats.

Old 11-03-2010, 07:56 AM   #37
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

MsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:

No, but he cried (kind of) in front of the cameras...does that count?.
Old 11-03-2010, 07:57 AM   #38
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nat View Post
At least Angle didn't win.

Amen
The Following User Says Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post:
Old 11-03-2010, 10:57 AM   #39
Nat

How Do You Identify?:
bigender
Preferred Pronoun?:
whatevs
Relationship Status:
in a relationship

Thanked 13,992 Times in 2,594 Posts
Nat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST Reputation

Per the victory campaign -

More openly LGBT candidates were elected to office in 2010 than in any year in America’s history.

- Bjork

What is to give light must endure burning.

-Viktor Frankl
Nat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Nat For This Useful Post:
Old 11-03-2010, 12:14 PM   #40
katsarecool

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Woman
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 1,765 Times in 734 Posts
katsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputation

I am allowing myself to be disappointed, pissed off, frustrated, bitter, disillusioned, horrifed and wondering how it could happen for 24 hours. Then tomorrow morning dust myself off and get back to work to help this country recover through my liberal, compassionate, motivated being. 2012 here I come!!!! And I still and always will love our President!!! even if he is a man!!!!!