Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephfromMIT View Post
To cover my tattoo, which option is better:

1: Buy stortsleeve t-sirt (I normally wear tanktops)
2: Buy make-up

You'll want to wear an undershirt, just to catch the umm perspiration. Tux's are notoriously hot. I went to Mens Warehouse and got a suit I could wear again.
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 08-16-2012, 04:37 PM   #22
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,894 Times in 5,771 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
To cover my tattoo, which option is better:

1: Buy stortsleeve t-sirt (I normally wear tanktops)
2: Buy make-up
I thought you mentioned a tux? Where is your tattoo?

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 04:44 PM   #23
stephfromMIT
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Troll
Preferred Pronoun?:
she her
Relationship Status:
engaged to my fiancee Amanda

stephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

Dapper-It goes from elbow-to-elbow across my shoulder blades.
stephfromMIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 04:46 PM   #24
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Dapper-It goes from elbow-to-elbow across my shoulder blades.

Might I suggest a long sleeve shirt with cuffs, yes you'll need cuff links.
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
Old 08-16-2012, 04:51 PM   #25
stephfromMIT
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Troll
Preferred Pronoun?:
she her
Relationship Status:

stephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST Reputation
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corkey View Post

Might I suggest a long sleeve shirt with cuffs, yes you'll need cuff links.
Doesn't a tux come with a long sleeved shirt?
Old 08-16-2012, 04:56 PM   #26
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Quote:
Doesn't a tux come with a long sleeved shirt?
The tux comes as jacket, pants and you provide the shirt, skip the cumberbun.
Forgot to add, if you rent a tux, you are responsible for any damage and or stains that appear. You'll also have a hard time getting rid of former scents, and they come off the rack, so having them altered is a no no.

Last edited by Corkey; 08-16-2012 at 04:58 PM.
Old 08-16-2012, 05:24 PM   #27
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Here's a few reasons I mentioned Mens Warehouse.
They carry a large selection, you can find any style you like, they have what's known as a Dresser. These folks job is to fit you, to suggest styles and colors that will be the wedding colors. They're knowledge is useful when trying on suits. You'll get something that you can wear again and again. They have an onsite alterations department. They can put you into the right shoe that goes with the suit.

We had mine done and back in less than six weeks, yes sometimes it does take that long to get the alterations done, because they are fit to you. If you grow a bit, they will re-alter at no charge providing your size doesn't change like 3 sizes.

They are LGBT friendly!!!!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 08-16-2012, 05:30 PM   #28
stephfromMIT
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Troll
Preferred Pronoun?:
she her
Relationship Status:

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corkey View Post
Here's a few reasons I mentioned Mens Warehouse.
They carry a large selection, you can find any style you like, they have what's known as a Dresser. These folks job is to fit you, to suggest styles and colors that will be the wedding colors. They're knowledge is useful when trying on suits. You'll get something that you can wear again and again. They have an onsite alterations department. They can put you into the right shoe that goes with the suit.

We had mine done and back in less than six weeks, yes sometimes it does take that long to get the alterations done, because they are fit to you. If you grow a bit, they will re-alter at no charge providing your size doesn't change like 3 sizes.

They are LGBT friendly!!!!
"I'll like they way I look, they guarantee it." Thanks Corkey.
The Following User Says Thank You to stephfromMIT For This Useful Post:
Old 08-16-2012, 05:34 PM   #29
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Quote:
"I'll like they way I look, they guarantee it." Thanks Corkey.

Anytime
The Following User Says Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 08-16-2012, 09:49 PM   #30
bright_arrow
☆ the stars are aligned ☆

How Do You Identify?:
strong, independent, badass redhead
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl, buttercup, sugah
Relationship Status:
married to my Boo Daddy <3

Thanked 9,359 Times in 2,295 Posts
bright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Bard got hys tux at Men's Warehouse - our folks were fab!

Our ringbearers were from out of state, but I went with their mom when we visited them to pick and pay for their vests, and was able to pick them up in our state the day before. They were fab!

I have much love for David's Bridal as well <3
bright_arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bright_arrow For This Useful Post:
Old 08-18-2012, 10:05 AM   #31
Nadeest

How Do You Identify?:
as myself
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 2,118 Times in 501 Posts
Nadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST Reputation

To cover up your tattoo for a wedding, I would wear a short sleeved shirt. Makeup can work, though, in a lot of cases. I recommend going to a specialized clothing shop that caters to crossdressers and asking the owner's advice. They have a lot of experience in this area.
Nadeest is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Nadeest For This Useful Post: