Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 05-31-2012, 11:34 AM   #421
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

Today I worked out at home as I have a mini gym in the patio,most of what I did was core work,I did a modified plank for 3 minits...a bitch.By modified I mean I set the movement on an ice chest aganist the wall insted of being on the floor,insted of being on my elbows in in the clasic pushup position.The first minit wasnt to bad but the next two..OMG!! I kinow when I do this I need to be in zen mode to focus so I can stay in the plank longer and eayser,today I just couldnt quite make it any further.I also lifted some weights with a lot of stretching before and after.I am commited.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 05-31-2012, 01:00 PM   #422
Talon

How Do You Identify?:
Divine Feminine
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 10,230 Times in 3,305 Posts
Talon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockinonahigh View Post
Today I worked out at home as I have a mini gym in the patio,most of what I did was core work,I did a modified plank for 3 minits...a bitch.By modified I mean I set the movement on an ice chest aganist the wall insted of being on the floor,insted of being on my elbows in in the clasic pushup position.The first minit wasnt to bad but the next two..OMG!! I kinow when I do this I need to be in zen mode to focus so I can stay in the plank longer and eayser,today I just couldnt quite make it any further.I also lifted some weights with a lot of stretching before and after.I am commited.

Isn't plank position a killer? They do it in my yoga class all the time. And the longer you hold it....Yikes.......it hurts like a mutha.
Yet, it does firm your entire body like few single exercises can.
I'll have to try your modified version.
Talon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Talon For This Useful Post:
Old 05-31-2012, 01:26 PM   #423
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon View Post
Isn't plank position a killer? They do it in my yoga class all the time. And the longer you hold it....Yikes.......it hurts like a mutha.
Yet, it does firm your entire body like few single exercises can.
I'll have to try your modified version.

The plank is really good for a lot of things,but I should do it earler in my workout not at the end like I did today.The modified way works of me because I have really screwy knees wich even the slightest Idea of being on them hurts big time.
Old 06-01-2012, 05:32 AM   #424
sylvie

How Do You Identify?:
Mr Mtn's babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
girly, she
Relationship Status:
fiercely protected ♥

Thanked 7,501 Times in 1,850 Posts
sylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputation

Yesterday, i sooo rocked the workout.
Today, will be a day of rest, however..

<------ pulled a muscle in her behind, that makes moving difficult..
Might have pushed myself a little too hard.. Ouch!
But love that i've been on track everyday this week..

If i can get myself to feeling better today, i won't push it by doing anything that uses that muscle.. because i want to get at this again..

my facebook weight loss page:
http://www.facebook.com/asyllyjourney
sylvie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sylvie For This Useful Post:
Old 06-01-2012, 05:46 AM   #425
bkisbutchenuff
PPoA - Southern Gentle Butch

How Do You Identify?:
BOI/Butch/Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, he, him, handsome, Daddy
Relationship Status:
Single. 😉

Thanked 10,845 Times in 2,247 Posts
bkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I started working out in Feb. I love it and how it makes me feel....gives me energy....

A Plus

the femmes like my arms and legs. I have had more than one complement me on my arms and strength

bkisbutchenuff is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bkisbutchenuff For This Useful Post:
Old 06-01-2012, 10:26 AM   #426
Linus
The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

I got a personal trainer so that when I'm home I do 3 x 1 hour workouts each week. In addition, she's good about helping me plan workouts for when on the road (my biggest challenge since being on the road can be draining and too easy to deliberately avoid. While I haven't lost a huge amount of weight, I've not gained any further weight and do feel more awake and energized after the workouts.

I'm hoping that when my busy June month is over, I can start some spinning (it'd be only for a couple of weeks before I head to San Jose for a week and then Maui for a week).

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post:
Old 06-04-2012, 06:44 PM   #427
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

I have been working out at home being I have several peices of equipment to use,today I maxed and exceeded what my goal was to be a fue days from now.I went to the gym for a fue days then got lots on my plate when my pup got sick(she is well over it).Now I am trying to catch up on doctors apps that I canseled as well as some other stuff I had to do.At the moment im dam sore and my knees feel a bit shaey from doing 100 rapid steps on my stair stepper,everything else I did I toped out in the 40's some where.I know tomorro will be a lot worse so I will just do lots of stretching to limber the old creaky body.I finaly weighed today I only gained 10 pounds so I am glad it wasnt any more,with what im doing with my work outs the ten I gained shoud be gone soon...I hope.
Old 06-05-2012, 08:12 PM   #428
Morgan

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, hy, hym, does not matter
Relationship Status:
I am enjoying life....

Tournaments Won: 1

Thanked 1,604 Times in 411 Posts
Morgan Has the BEST ReputationMorgan Has the BEST ReputationMorgan Has the BEST ReputationMorgan Has the BEST ReputationMorgan Has the BEST ReputationMorgan Has the BEST ReputationMorgan Has the BEST ReputationMorgan Has the BEST ReputationMorgan Has the BEST ReputationMorgan Has the BEST ReputationMorgan Has the BEST Reputation

I am feeling great, my metabolism is better, no stomach problems anymore, all around I am feeling wonderful. Today I had the best compliment ever, the fitness trainer, who I had worked with one day, told me that I was looking really good and lean....that means a lot to me, because at one point my body fat was over 32%. During Christmas I was so sick, at that point my digestive system was so messed up I almost needed surgery....
It is really remarkable what excercise and eating right can do for a person. I can still enjoy a snack every once in a while, don't get me wrong, I love chocholate and salty snacks. However, while I am working out, I do not crave those foods as much...and it is nice to be able to enjoy them every once in a while.

One day at a time....
Old 06-07-2012, 10:39 AM   #429
sylvie

How Do You Identify?:
Mr Mtn's babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
girly, she
Relationship Status:
fiercely protected ♥

sylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputation

It feels great to be back at this after a 2 month break of feeling unmotivated.. i was rocking the running program, until i pulled the glute in my right leg... OUCH.. i love the runner's high... It feels amazing!

It's been a week of having my children put my socks and shoes on each day..
(they laugh at me saying they are getting a taste of what it's like when i'm really old..) Hell, i'm 39 & they already think i'm ancient, sheesh.

After some healing, i am finally back to walking again.. Went for a brisk walk last night with a friend at the Nature Park.. And went to the Gym for the first time in a week, and did the weights for upper body (since i'm not allowed for lower yet).. Not sure i'll be able to do the 5k on July 1st now, since i won't have had much training time.. May have to catch the next one.

Another week of healing to go..
Remember, ALWAYS stretch, stretch, stretch.. Especially after your workouts.. So important! Don't risk injury!

<< happy to be able to exercise again, finally!
Can't wait to get back to the Gym fulltime again!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sylvie For This Useful Post:
Old 06-13-2012, 05:11 PM   #430
bkisbutchenuff

How Do You Identify?:
BOI/Butch/Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Single. 😉

bkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

So glad I have been working out...today would have killed me...I'm tired, but used my new strength several times today!

Tomorrow - visit my friend Gym!
Old 06-16-2012, 09:35 AM   #431
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

This morning I did a fair workout program,mostly upper body work,with a little ab work at the end.Last time I posted I had done a max workout that included 100 rapid steps on the stair steper,well some how I strained my left knee doing that,since then it has had a crunchy poping knee cap so only this far from then I am haveing way less problems with it but I havent done anymore stair steping either,just ten minits or so on the exersise bike.Lots of icy hot with ice pack chasers is helping a lot.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 06-17-2012, 01:05 PM   #432
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

I just checked the temp for outside,its 92*,I should have checked before I did my work out. But onething for shure I did get 45 minits of solid work from warm up to cool down,boy did I ever sweat big time ..u can bet I was drionking water even when I didnt need to so I would stay hydrated.I havent been to the gym since my knee started doing the poping & grinding its better so im going tomorrow mostly cause I can use some better machines that are more body friendly than what I use now at home.I had his crazy idea to hook up a 16 inch tire rim to a pully and see how many ways I could find to use it for,so far I found four..pulling up and down,then going from side to side pulls,towing it over my shoulder then backing up slowly last but not least geting a short hold on the rope and pulling from head to toe..Yep, its Rockys gym hear.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 06-22-2012, 06:57 AM   #433
sylvie

How Do You Identify?:
Mr Mtn's babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
girly, she
Relationship Status:
fiercely protected ♥

Now that my injury is healed (with much TLC) i am back to running.
LOVING it..i was up to 5 mins at a time of running before my injury..

Am proud to say after working on my form and breathing - yesterday i completed 35 mins of running nonstop. The day before that i did 40 mins, with a 30 second stop in between.. i really am amazed at myself..

i am also doing arm weight circuits, and ab toning circuits (thanks to Candace)
i was going to start the leg circuits today but realized i have an appointment today so i will begin the legs beginning of next week...

But running has been great for the legs anyway.. Can't wait to do my first 5k!
VERY exciting, and a friend and i are making plans to do the Goofy Challenge in Orlando, Florida in 2015.. She contacted the travel agent already.. We'll get 3 medals for competing there and then in September of 2015, if we do California we'll get coast to coast medals.. so training to be ready for that!

in Florida, it's a half marathon on Saturday, and a full marathon on Sunday.
So lots of time to get ready for that thank goodness!

The Following User Says Thank You to sylvie For This Useful Post:
Old 07-01-2012, 10:31 AM   #434
bkisbutchenuff

How Do You Identify?:
BOI/Butch/Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Single. 😉

Member Photo Albums

Feeling GREAT after working out this morning!
The Following User Says Thank You to bkisbutchenuff For This Useful Post:
Old 07-01-2012, 10:39 AM   #435
Cody70

How Do You Identify?:
Butch Lesbian

Cody70 Has the BEST ReputationCody70 Has the BEST ReputationCody70 Has the BEST ReputationCody70 Has the BEST ReputationCody70 Has the BEST ReputationCody70 Has the BEST ReputationCody70 Has the BEST ReputationCody70 Has the BEST ReputationCody70 Has the BEST ReputationCody70 Has the BEST ReputationCody70 Has the BEST Reputation
Talking

Went out early to go running today and had a pain in a muscle near my shin, had to stop after only running a mile. Came home, cooled down and headed out on my bike. Was able to do that without any pain but only stayed out for 5 miles because of the heat.

My work outs include taking TaeKwonDo classes two days a week(working on my second degree black belt), running three days a week (try for three miles each time), suspension training, bosu training and some circuit/weight lifting training. I am by no means athletic but I'm working on it.
Cody70 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cody70 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-14-2012, 02:22 PM   #436
sylvie

How Do You Identify?:
Mr Mtn's babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
girly, she
Relationship Status:
fiercely protected ♥

Ran my first 5k (not an event, but a practice run) with the Running Room on Wednesday night.. i did SO good, and was so proud of myself..

i have also developed a really great program for myself which includes a lot of arm work and abs work.. Along with a few circuits a friend helped me develop, i should be well on my way to toning my arms and my stomache.. That's where the loose skin is and toning is needed the most.. The running is helping SO much with the legs..

my legs are starting to have shape to them now, and they're so, so much stronger than ever.. i will be registering for a few events in the near future!

Anxious for that!
Even inspired my daughter to run, along with her best friend ..
That makes me smile big!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sylvie For This Useful Post:
Old 07-15-2012, 09:14 PM   #437
Cody70

How Do You Identify?:
Butch Lesbian

Cody70 Has the BEST ReputationCody70 Has the BEST ReputationCody70 Has the BEST ReputationCody70 Has the BEST ReputationCody70 Has the BEST ReputationCody70 Has the BEST ReputationCody70 Has the BEST ReputationCody70 Has the BEST ReputationCody70 Has the BEST ReputationCody70 Has the BEST ReputationCody70 Has the BEST Reputation

Congratulations Sylvie! I just signed up for my first 5k at the beginning of August, still practicing...I've run the full amount twice but it has been a few weeks due to my work schedule. I need to get back to it. I did go for a 7 mile bike ride tonight and have been enjoying riding my bike more and more.
Cody70 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cody70 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-16-2012, 12:51 AM   #438
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Over the weekend a friend of mine ask me if I could use another workout station that has all the bells and whistles on it...and I do mean everythng.Shure I said,so sometimes this week he is delivering it,I saw on just like he described at the fittness center..it is huge but will fit my pattio just fine.Its got chain drive with up to 400 pounds or weight if I need it(dont)
its gonna be fun to find out just what I can do with it...even has a rowing machine attachment.Yes it was my lucky day.
Old 07-18-2012, 05:49 AM   #439
sylvie

How Do You Identify?:
Mr Mtn's babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
girly, she
Relationship Status:
fiercely protected ♥

i have been so interested in boxing or kickboxing lately..
i'm obsessed with thoughts of joining it someplace.. i haven't looked into it.
The gym membership i have is hard enough to hold onto financially.
i wish my gym offered it though..i am able to go to all of the Good Life gyms in my city and some are bigger than the one i frequent which is all women.. (the others are co-ed) .. maybe i will check them out and see if they offer something like that or even have a bag, at least. i would love even that.

They do have a Body Combat class, which i love and haven't been to in awhile.
Thinking maybe i need to find my way to a Combat class more often. But i would really, really love actual boxing or kickboxing.

Ahhh the frustrations i could get out daily! hehe..
Maybe i will purchase one in time, they are reasonably priced, 200 dollars would get me everything i need..

~~~~~~
i am registered for a Running Room event tonight, it's a 20 min event.. Not sure what is involved (hope it's not hills LOL) - i can do 20 mins easily so thinking there has to be a challenge of some sort.. Maybe we'll aim for more to make a good lengthy run of it, if no challenge. i get a Running Room hat for participating which i am happy about..

Cody70, yaaaaaay on the upcoming 5k in August, let me know it goes.. There are a couple of 5k's here in August as well but i will be in Oregon.. As it stands right now, i am registered for one (possibly 2) in October, one week after the other depending on a friend's work hours! It's so exciting, isn't it?

Old 07-19-2012, 03:20 AM   #440
bkisbutchenuff

How Do You Identify?:
BOI/Butch/Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Single. 😉

Member Photo Albums