Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Support: Abuse, Addiction, Coping

Old 11-09-2010, 01:23 AM   #421
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:
Married and Bound to Tommi's kaijira (Ts_kaijira )

1 Highscore

Location: Suthun.... California that is. Across the ridge from Laguna Beach.
Thanked 21,337 Times in 5,968 Posts
Tommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by suebee View Post
Thanks for answering F.I.! Actually I guess I AM the cat person! lol Me and my partner and one of our closest friends. I raise kittens for both area shelters and my partner works at the vet clinic, so I guess I'm in touch with all the local expertise. The woman who has the other half of this litter is having a hard time getting them to suck too, and she's raised well over 300 kittens in the time she's been at this. So we're feeding them by syringe for now and will see if they take to the bottle tomorrow. Thanks for the links. I'll take a look at them tomorrow. For now - it's bed, cause that 4 AM feeding isn't far away. No need to set an alarm clock. Two of my dogs let me know when the babies are crying! Canine kitty-sitters, they are!
I was just going to say syringe...until they get nourshed better. poor babies.
Best wishes
Tommi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2010, 09:00 AM   #422
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:
Married and Bound to Tommi's kaijira (Ts_kaijira )

1 Highscore

Location: Suthun.... California that is. Across the ridge from Laguna Beach.
Thanked 21,337 Times in 5,968 Posts
Tommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

subee how are babies doing?

Cleaned out linen cabinet to get rid of unlikeable towels and sheets this weekend. They are needed at Animal Shelter for the winter cold.

Cleaned out the kitty toy box so PeachesBoi and Tigger could donate some of their many unused toys.

Plus, Pillows I hate and two bags of stuff into my car to drop off at the shelter on way home tonight.

Now remebering I have throw rugs in the garage to get rid of. Will wash first then take them over.
Tommi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2010, 01:15 PM   #423
suebee

How Do You Identify?:
TOWANDA!
Preferred Pronoun?:
Queen Bee
Relationship Status:
Good 'n married.

1 Highscore

Location: Eastern Canada. But if I make a wrong turn at the lights I get stopped by a border guard.
Thanked 2,759 Times in 820 Posts
suebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
subee how are babies doing?

Cleaned out linen cabinet to get rid of unlikeable towels and sheets this weekend. They are needed at Animal Shelter for the winter cold.

Cleaned out the kitty toy box so PeachesBoi and Tigger could donate some of their many unused toys.

Plus, Pillows I hate and two bags of stuff into my car to drop off at the shelter on way home tonight.

Now remebering I have throw rugs in the garage to get rid of. Will wash first then take them over.
They're doing okay. They must have had a really good mother, because they're in great shape to start with, which gives us a little time for them to adjust. We've decided they are younger than we were told - probably one week instead of two. They suck some, but then I have to squeeze the bottle to finish off the feeding. So far, so good. I've fostered enough kittens to not say that they're out of the woods, but for now they're doing fine. Thanks for asking Tommi!
suebee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to suebee For This Useful Post:
Old 03-05-2011, 09:55 AM   #424
suebee

How Do You Identify?:
TOWANDA!
Preferred Pronoun?:
Queen Bee
Relationship Status:
Good 'n married.

1 Highscore

Location: Eastern Canada. But if I make a wrong turn at the lights I get stopped by a border guard.
Thanked 2,759 Times in 820 Posts
suebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by suebee View Post
They're doing okay. They must have had a really good mother, because they're in great shape to start with, which gives us a little time for them to adjust. We've decided they are younger than we were told - probably one week instead of two. They suck some, but then I have to squeeze the bottle to finish off the feeding. So far, so good. I've fostered enough kittens to not say that they're out of the woods, but for now they're doing fine. Thanks for asking Tommi!
Belle made me think of this thread again. Of the seven kittens in the litter, five have been adopted to really good homes. One went back to the original owner, and four went - in pairs! We were really happy about that. My partner is still fostering the two remaining boys, because we were afraid that they'd get stepped on by my dogs when they were really small. They are just little love bugs! Even when they play they like to do so right beside one of us. We're still making an "effort" to find them a home, but - uhhhhh - wouldn't it be a shame if they had to stay with us?

Old 03-05-2011, 10:13 AM   #425
Diavolo

How Do You Identify?:
Butch

Diavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST Reputation

I've been really busy since the last time this thread was active. Little Sister went to a wonderful home, then I pulled a big blue Doberman and got him a great home in Michigan, then I had an amazing black and rust who is helping a girl dog who is terribly fearful get through her days. And last but not least, I had an owner turn in of a 7 year old Doberman that I gave to my Mom who was still grieving the loss of my father. Duke is helping my mom through the grief, doing an excellent job!

Diavolo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Diavolo For This Useful Post:
Old 03-05-2011, 03:40 PM   #426
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,675 Times in 3,994 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

I am looking for someone in Los Angeles...there is a cat shelter here who has raised funds to pull two cat brothers from a hi kill shelter there...details to follow ...but we need someone to pull them. I need a person....anyone from there?
Old 03-17-2011, 11:11 AM   #427
violaine
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
atypical
Preferred Pronoun?:
plague words and phrases
Relationship Status:
love wise guys of the avian world

Thanked 3,294 Times in 1,301 Posts
violaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputation
Default in response to your link - photographing of factory farms

http://frankiethelawdog.com/tag/sb-1246/

http://www.flsenate.gov/Session/Bill...246.pre.ag.PDF

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/kurt-f..._b_835432.html

Last edited by violaine; 03-17-2011 at 11:25 AM.
violaine is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to violaine For This Useful Post:
Old 03-17-2011, 11:39 AM   #428
violaine
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
atypical
Preferred Pronoun?:
plague words and phrases
Relationship Status:

violaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputation
Default this says it:

http://hsus.typepad.com/

I can understand why factory farmers don’t want the public seeing images of their business practices. The images of almost featherless hens, so crowded the animals are living on top of each other, or pigs being struck with metal bars by workers coarsened to their duties are deeply disconcerting. The response should not be, as in some country ruled by a dictator or a junta, to have the strongmen grab the cameras and smash them to the ground or melt them in a fire, as the authorities do in order to hide the beating and shooting of pro-democracy advocates. It's the same principle at work for the strongmen in these state legislatures. Their scheme is a neater way to smash those cameras to the ground and hide what's going on. Ironically, they want to prevent their very own customers, America's consuming public, from learning about the production practices that bring food to their tables and plates.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to violaine For This Useful Post:
Old 03-17-2011, 03:20 PM   #429
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 5,249 Times in 2,216 Posts
Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation
Smile Pet Insurance & The Veterinary Memorial Fund

1. ASPCA: Call toll-free 1-866-230-4259 or go online. They have a 30 day free trial. They have 4 levels of coverage that you can select that meet your needs and finances. Also, you can call them if you have a poison control problem.

2. CareCredit: Call toll-free 1-800-365-8295 or go online. This is more or less a credit card that carries a low to no interest payment plan. The xeroxed brochure I have really does not give too much info out other than that.

The Veterinary Memorial Fund at Virginia Tech...my vet did this for me when my last pet was put down. It is when people donate money to this fund in memory of a pet or for friends/family. It's mission is to advance medical care for all animals. It supports clinical research which improves the lives of our pets. You may send your support no matter what it is to:
Veterinary Memorial Fund at Virginia Tech
VMRCVM-0442
Blacksburg, VA 24061
Andrew, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Andrew, Jr. For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2011, 08:35 PM   #430
Diavolo

How Do You Identify?:
Butch

Diavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST Reputation
Default I've got a puppy!!!

She's 4 months old, she totally has puppy breath and she's just a little tiny bit of awesome.

She's heading to the rescue on Tuesday.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Diavolo For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2011, 06:16 AM   #431
Diavolo

How Do You Identify?:
Butch

I guess I should add that she was an owner turn in who is hanging out with us until Tuesday. I didn't breed her or give her up. I would never do either of those things!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Diavolo For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2011, 01:06 PM   #432
violaine
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
atypical
Preferred Pronoun?:
plague words and phrases
Relationship Status:

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diavolo View Post

dobes are the best !! gorgeous dog.
The Following User Says Thank You to violaine For This Useful Post:
Old 04-21-2011, 02:02 PM   #433
violaine
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
atypical
Preferred Pronoun?:
plague words and phrases
Relationship Status:

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to violaine For This Useful Post:
Old 05-17-2011, 07:48 PM   #434
violaine
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
atypical
Preferred Pronoun?:
plague words and phrases
Relationship Status:

Smile love these two sites!

http://www.srdogs.com/index.html

http://www.ddfl.org/education/dog-behavior-tips
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to violaine For This Useful Post:
Old 05-17-2011, 08:37 PM   #435
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,743 Times in 5,090 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

http://eternal-earthbound-pets.com/Home_Page.html
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 05-18-2011, 11:08 AM   #436
violaine
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
atypical
Preferred Pronoun?:
plague words and phrases
Relationship Status:

Default other rescue groups/resources

CA:
http://www.feralcatfoundation.org/resources/

http://www.rescuinganimalsinneed.org/Shelters.htm

FL:
http://www.rescuinganimalsinneed.org/rescue_groups.htm
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to violaine For This Useful Post:
Old 06-22-2011, 03:39 PM   #437
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,743 Times in 5,090 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

Hi, everyone,

My friend Alice is someone who works to place cats in permanent homes. Cats with a less conventional gender presentation are, like us, more at risk for being mistreated. Thus she asked if I'd post at our site, as she wants to maximize the chances that this cat finds a loving, empathic forever home.

Jennifer

See ad written by Alice below:

"INTERSEX CAT SEEKS WELCOMING HOME

Our differences make the world go round! My name is Bowie (yup, like David Bowie!) and I was rescued from the mean streets of Brooklyn this past April. When I went to be spayed the vet discovered I am a happy and healthy intersex kitty.

My anatomy includes a uterus, penis, undescended testicles, vagina, cute pink nose, loving eyes, adorable whiskers, a gorgeous set of chops, big lovable paws, and luxurious black and white fur that's nonstop! I am large and in charge at 14 beautiful pounds, and I'm one of the most sweet-natured, easygoing tuxedo kitties you will ever meet!

I would love to live in a home with at least 1 other cat, because I'm used to being around other cats, and I miss them! And since I am a self-sufficient type, I do not demand a lot of attention, but gladly accept it when offered. I won't be a lot of extra work, I promise.

In fact I'm still a little reserved with people, after spending the whole winter outside as a stray. But now, I'm inside and safe, and my foster dad has been bringing me out of my shell with scratches on the head and pets, which I LOVE. He just has to make the first move, and then I'm 100% mush! Then I follow him around a little bit, and we enjoy each other's company.

What makes me so great is that when you want my attention you can have it, but when you'd rather be left alone, I can do that too. I am a very mellow, easygoing cat. Would you give me a chance?"

If interested, please PM me or email the cat rescuer (my friend, Alice) directly at: alicealice5566@gmail.com
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 06-27-2011, 08:45 PM   #438
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 5,249 Times in 2,216 Posts
Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

Bump de Bump Bump
Andrew, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 06:48 PM   #439
Diavolo

How Do You Identify?:
Butch

I went on a minor hiatus while I was training and then riding the AIDS/Lifecycle. I'm home and son of a gun if they didn't come up with a dog for me to pull. This guy is a 100 pounds of awesome. Literally. He's got a heart as big as all out doors and a calm gentle demeanor. Rita is teaching him the ropes, i.e. it's ok for me to sniff your butt but you must never ever sniff my butt. I named him Stormin' Norman because I name them all after Generals.
Old 07-11-2011, 01:02 AM   #440
EmpressM

How Do You Identify?:
human

EmpressM Has the BEST ReputationEmpressM Has the BEST ReputationEmpressM Has the BEST ReputationEmpressM Has the BEST ReputationEmpressM Has the BEST ReputationEmpressM Has the BEST ReputationEmpressM Has the BEST ReputationEmpressM Has the BEST ReputationEmpressM Has the BEST ReputationEmpressM Has the BEST ReputationEmpressM Has the BEST Reputation
Default People can be sooooo cruel!

I recently rescued two guinea pigs from the TRASH! Yes, you're eyes aren't deceiving you, I said trash.

Several weeks ago, my dog Domino and I were on our daily walk and passed by a house a few down from ours. It was heavy trash day for our neighborhood and there's was a large pile in front of this house. Domino suddenly starts barking like crazy, which isn't his usual behavior. About that time I notice a cage and something moving inside it.

So with a little apprehension that it might be a wild animal rooting through trash, I summoned up my courage and peeked in. I live in Texas and even that early in the morning it's still above 90 degrees F. Imagine my anger when I realized my neighbors had thrown their pets away! They had no food or water and were broiling in the heat, poor things!

I marched up to the door and knocked, fully intent on giving these people a piece of my mind, only to realize the house was empty! These evil people threw these little guys away and moved without even a second thought!

I immediately scooped up the cage and headed home. After a call to my brother who is a vet in Houston, I had an appointment with a vet experienced with guinea pigs in Dallas. Other than being a little overheated and dehydrated the little critters were fine! After some water, hay, and fresh veggies they perked right up, and after grilling the vet about guinea pig care, I took them home.

The next day I did some research to find a suitable habitat and supplies as the cage they were in was way too small. The kicker of all this is, Dallas has a guinea pig rescue where these people could have easily taken these animals if they were no longer able to keep them! Arrrrrgh!

The GP rescue, Texas Rustler, also has a non profit store with everything needed to properly care for guinea pigs and the people there were very helpful in getting me set up. And that's how the furry piggies came to live with Me and Domino!

While I am a total animal lover, guinea pigs are not my typical pet of choice. However, I've grown quite fond of the funny little critters! They are very vocal and fun to watch popcorning and playing together in their new home!

Thank goodness my little Domino let me know they were there!
I'm not going to change the way I look or the way I feel to conform to anything. I've always been a freak. So I've been a freak all my life and I have to live with that, you know. I'm one of those people. ~John Lennon
EmpressM is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to EmpressM For This Useful Post: