The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
Hey, Linus. Can I ask why you haven't altered your gender marker on your I.D. yet? I know that you had top surgery, correct?
Because Canadian law requires all necessary surgeries to change passport as does the Ontario gov't (last time I looked).

At the time of the Planet Fitness issue I hadn't had any surgeries yet.

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post:
Old 03-16-2015, 07:44 PM   #442
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftWriteFemme View Post
Stellenbosch University doctors perform first successful penile transplant in the world

http://www.sun.ac.za/english/Lists/n...m.aspx?ID=2328

Hrmm.... I suspect this was for a cis-gendered individual. If it was for a trans-man, now that would be impressive. But likely still well out of the financial reach of most trans-men.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post:
Old 03-18-2015, 10:55 PM   #443
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,871 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

I can't find a specific link for the law that some states want to pass for transfolks to use the bathroom of the gender they were born as!

WTF is up with this?

Any comments?

Albert Einstein
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 05:20 AM   #444
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,893 Times in 5,771 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDeere View Post
I can't find a specific link for the law that some states want to pass for transfolks to use the bathroom of the gender they were born as!

WTF is up with this?

Any comments?
I start here for anything that I am looking for.

http://transequality.org/

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2015, 08:49 PM   #445
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

I looked on that site but didn't find what I was looking for.

But it is a bill they are trying to pass in Florida regarding transfolks using the bathroom, I should have been more specific in my last post, if I find it, I will post it.

Albert Einstein
The Following User Says Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2015, 05:21 AM   #446
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I looked on that site but didn't find what I was looking for.

But it is a bill they are trying to pass in Florida regarding transfolks using the bathroom, I should have been more specific in my last post, if I find it, I will post it.
Yes, I was only giving you link as a place to start when looking for anything going on politically/legally, as it is where I go. I didn't mean to imply they had the information.

I do remember hearing some rumblings around bathroom use in FL.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2015, 05:27 AM   #447
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

I'm hoping such rumblings do not head to Oklahoma or Texas.

Albert Einstein
Old 03-20-2015, 06:21 PM   #448
cricket26

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
must be love on the brain

Thanked 4,248 Times in 1,297 Posts
cricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

WTF is up with this?

Any comments?

does this help....

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/0...n_6645910.html

cricket26 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cricket26 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2015, 06:38 PM   #449
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Yes tyty Cricket!

Albert Einstein
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2015, 06:50 PM   #450
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,765 Times in 25,661 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Trans teen comes out in front of his class

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2015, 06:54 PM   #451
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

I am deeply saddened by this news, another trans teen suicide

http://goqnotes.com/34689/young-tran...ngton-mourned/

When are the killing and suicides going to stop?

Albert Einstein
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 03-26-2015, 06:52 AM   #452
Nadeest

How Do You Identify?:
as myself
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 2,118 Times in 501 Posts
Nadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST Reputation

I know that I am going to ignore that law, if it passes, and to hell with them. If I go to jail, I might well ask the judge why the hell isn't HE/SHE in jail, along with me, since that is a very unjust law.
Nadeest is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nadeest For This Useful Post:
Old 03-27-2015, 03:42 PM   #453
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

I hope that law doesn't make it's way to Texas, but then again I would defy it anyways. When I have to go, I have to go.

Albert Einstein
Old 04-06-2015, 01:57 PM   #454
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,791 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation
Default Possible trigger: ~alert~

Feds Say Georgia's Treatment of Transgender Prisoners Is Unconstitutional
—By Samantha Michaels| Fri Apr. 3, 2015 4:36 PM EDT

For three years, the Georgia Department of Corrections allegedly has denied transgender inmate Ashley Diamond medical treatment for gender dysphoria, causing her such distress that she has attempted on multiple occasions to castrate herself, cut off her penis, and kill herself. In February, Diamond filed a lawsuit against GDC officials, and on Friday the Department of Justice dealt the GDC a major blow, claiming that the state's failure to adequately treat inmates with gender dysphoria "constitutes cruel and unusual punishment under the Eighth Amendment."

The DOJ weighed in on Diamond's case via a statement of interest, which offers recommendations for how the district court in Georgia should rule in the case. It focused on Georgia's so-called freeze-frame policy, which prevents inmates from receiving hormone therapy for gender dysphoria if they were not identified as transgender and referred for treatment immediately during the prison intake process.

"Freeze-frame policies and other policies that apply blanket prohibitions to such treatment are facially unconstitutional because they fail to provide individualized assessment and treatment of a serious medical need," DOJ officials wrote, adding that similar policies have been previously struck down in Wisconsin and New York.

Chinyere Ezie, Diamond's lead attorney, says the defense has until next Friday to submit briefs in response to the complaint, which may include a motion to dismiss the lawsuit. The first hearing for the case is scheduled for April 13. You can read the DOJ's entire statement below, and check out our earlier coverage of Diamond's case.

http://www.motherjones.com/mojo/2015...constitutional

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 04-11-2015, 06:48 PM   #455
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation
Default Yea! For Maryland!

http://www.washingtonblade.com/2015/...inal-approval/
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 04-11-2015, 08:51 PM   #456
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corkey View Post
W.O.W.

<---speechless

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 04-15-2015, 08:48 AM   #457
Nadeest

How Do You Identify?:
as myself
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 2,118 Times in 501 Posts
Nadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST Reputation

I've been thinking about the proposed Florida trans bathroom law. I wonder if those legislators realize that, if everyone obeyed that law, they WOULD be having bearded men (transmales) going into the ladies restroom. How are they proposing to deal with that, I wonder. Certainly there will be a LOT of trouble, overall, I am thinking. I wonder how they are planning to keep the transfolk from harm, IF they are , at all. How are they proposing to deal with all the 'unlawful arrest' lawsuits that are sure to be filed? I know, that IF I obey this law, and I am harrassed when in the men's bathroom, I will do my level best to hurt the person responsible. I will also file a claim for sexual harrassment.
Nadeest is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Nadeest For This Useful Post:
Old 04-15-2015, 08:51 AM   #458
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadeest View Post
I've been thinking about the proposed Florida trans bathroom law. I wonder if those legislators realize that, if everyone obeyed that law, they WOULD be having bearded men (transmales) going into the ladies restroom. How are they proposing to deal with that, I wonder. Certainly there will be a LOT of trouble, overall, I am thinking. I wonder how they are planning to keep the transfolk from harm, IF they are , at all. How are they proposing to deal with all the 'unlawful arrest' lawsuits that are sure to be filed? I know, that IF I obey this law, and I am harrassed when in the men's bathroom, I will do my level best to hurt the person responsible. I will also file a claim for sexual harrassment.
The more important question is how are they going to verify it. Seriously. Are they going to check every person that goes into the washroom? I'd love to see how long the law would last if a cis-gendered woman was asked to show her genitals to verify that she is a woman (say if she is naturally more "masculine" in features).

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post:
Old 04-15-2015, 11:59 AM   #459
Daniela

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
married

Thanked 5,242 Times in 1,243 Posts
Daniela Has the BEST ReputationDaniela Has the BEST ReputationDaniela Has the BEST ReputationDaniela Has the BEST ReputationDaniela Has the BEST ReputationDaniela Has the BEST ReputationDaniela Has the BEST ReputationDaniela Has the BEST ReputationDaniela Has the BEST ReputationDaniela Has the BEST ReputationDaniela Has the BEST Reputation

I think this is the right place for this post; let me know if it isn't...

Transgender Man Could Be Men's Health's Next 'Ultimate Guy'

http://jezebel.com/transgender-man-c...guy-1697958213

and a direct link where you can vote for him:
http://ultimateguy.menshealth.com/entry/347/
Daniela is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Daniela For This Useful Post:
Old 04-15-2015, 04:06 PM   #460
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniela View Post
I think this is the right place for this post; let me know if it isn't...

Transgender Man Could Be Men's Health's Next 'Ultimate Guy'

http://jezebel.com/transgender-man-c...guy-1697958213

and a direct link where you can vote for him
http://ultimateguy.menshealth.com/entry/347/
I voted for Aydian. He is also a good guy.
Garamone was his top surgeon, by the way. Double incision.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post: