Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Politics And Law

Old 11-06-2012, 11:13 AM   #521
deb0670

How Do You Identify?:
femme/ baby girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
she,her
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 6,028 Times in 1,189 Posts
deb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputation

I didn't see this thread before posting in the CIJS one.. Ethan and i took my son's gf with us to vote today. It was her first time since she just turned 21. It was a pretty cool experience being able to be there with her. I am proud of her. We had no lines when we voted, and everything was very calm.
The Following User Says Thank You to deb0670 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-06-2012, 11:29 AM   #522
DMW

How Do You Identify?:
FTM/Male (Will 14)
Relationship Status:
Caught An Angel and she doesn't lie!

Thanked 1,861 Times in 614 Posts
DMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST Reputation

Looks like north carolina (i hope goes blue), virginia, colorado and florida
are going to be tight and possibly significant for the electoral count ( if we get steals from the the blue states from the villains who can only when if they cheat.) even more significant.
Damn. Hoping that there are not big steals from
OHIO, PA, IOWA, Nevada or New Mexico
Come on Latino vote and women.
DMW is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DMW For This Useful Post:
Old 11-06-2012, 11:45 AM   #523
Words

How Do You Identify?:
Queer femme submissive
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 4,261 Times in 677 Posts
Words Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraffitiBoi View Post
Thankfully I'm in MN too. I forgot to register after I moved and made a small change to my legal name. They are pretty good about registering there. Had to make sure I didn't have any Vote No propoganda on me or my car though. They are refusing to let anyone vote if they are wearing any political propoganda or if they are parked within 100 feet from the polls and have stuff on their car.
Is that legal?

I know things are different here in the UK, but surely, that can't be legal.

Words
Words is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Words For This Useful Post:
Old 11-06-2012, 11:50 AM   #524
Novelafemme
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 8,925 Times in 1,834 Posts
Novelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Words View Post
Is that legal?

I know things are different here in the UK, but surely, that can't be legal.

Words
It is legal. The same goes here in Arizona.
Novelafemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Novelafemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-06-2012, 11:52 AM   #525
Words

How Do You Identify?:
Queer femme submissive
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 4,261 Times in 677 Posts
Words Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novelafemme View Post
It is legal. The same goes here in Arizona.
Wow. I never knew. Thanks!

Words
Words is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Words For This Useful Post:
Old 11-06-2012, 11:55 AM   #526
chefhmboyrd

How Do You Identify?:
man
Preferred Pronoun?:
beef
Relationship Status:
Uncle Daddy Snap

Thanked 2,845 Times in 898 Posts
chefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

i voted early, little over a week ago.
i am just so ready to start forgetting about mittens and his whole pack of rabid right wing racist homophobes.
Obama will be victorious.
Old 11-06-2012, 12:23 PM   #527
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

I just got back from voteing,while I was in line wating to have them check my ID I was ask by the person in line behind me if I knew what I was voteing for cause I didnt look like in was in the right place.I didnt even give them anser just handed the official at the desk my licence then went on a voted.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 11-06-2012, 12:34 PM   #528
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 18,368 Times in 4,171 Posts
Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

One of my students said the school by his house had a pretty long line. This is in the South Bay region of Northern California. More people in CA vote by mail than in person. I imagine in my neighborhood it's way more than half. Also a lot of people in my neighborhood are here on VISA's or have green cards, but are not citizens. Anyway, I just breezed in and out. They seemed a little disorganized. It will be a long day for them.

One of my students is volunteering. I was so pleased that he wanted to. It was all his idea. He learned so much in the training.

I read that there will be a 70% turnout in CA. Mail-in voting for all and online voter registration works.

I like voting in person. During my college years and for some years after, I went home to Ohio every year to vote. My dad and I would go and be one of the first in line. Then we'd go out and get breakfast. I would hate to give up in person voting. But maybe someday I will.

By now, my dad and mom will have tottered off to their local library to do in person voting. And then they will go out for breakfast.

My dad is a Republican, but voted for Gore and Kerry. He said of W. -- "I can't vote for that drunken frat boy." Mom says he has not said who he is voting for this year. Silence usually means it's a Democrat. Dad is not happy about crossing over to what is for him the dark side. But he does it on occasion because he is a thinking Republican. They exist.

I think he likes that Obama got us out of Iraq. My dad is a veteran of Korea. He hates all wars. He goes to the VFW seven days a week for happy hour, and he's a proud Republican. But if you want to go to war, my dad will not vote for you or support you. I imagine there are a lot of vets like that.
Martina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Martina For This Useful Post:
Old 11-06-2012, 12:35 PM   #529
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

What did he mean?

Was he harrassing you in some way?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockinonahigh View Post
I just got back from voteing,while I was in line wating to have them check my ID I was ask by the person in line behind me if I knew what I was voteing for cause I didnt look like in was in the right place.I didnt even give them anser just handed the official at the desk my licence then went on a voted.
Old 11-06-2012, 01:04 PM   #530
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

We voted #'s 571 and 572 in our precinct.
Ami is now off to work and I'm in front of the boobtube watching MSNBC. I can talk and yell if necessary and she doesn't have to hear me LOL
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 11-06-2012, 01:30 PM   #531
Daywalker

How Do You Identify?:
Hippy

Thanked 11,917 Times in 2,700 Posts
Daywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST Reputation

I'm going to share something that sadly represents an
experience similar to what Rockinonahigh described.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Day's Facebook Status
I'm sharing a Community Members' Status, because it's important for folks to hear. She was treated unfairly, there's no two ways about it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(To be mailed out today)

Dear Ms. Elizabeth Warren and Senator Sonia Chang-Diaz:

Hello. My name is Stephanie Bonvissuto. I am a resident of a small neighborhood just outside of metropolitan Boston. Today is Tuesday, November 6th, Election Day. The time is 7:45 a.m. and I have just left my designated polling place. As a firm believer in the sanctity of the voting booth I will not reveal who I voted for. All I will say is, You’re Welcome.

One little detail I left out is that I am a woman in gender transition. In case you were wondering what this means, I regularly take hormones (just as many women who are not transitioning do), I live and express who I am as a woman every minute of every hour of every day of the year (and have done so for many years).
Importantly for the sake of this letter, I have also had my name legally changed to reflect this. I have gone through the courts, have had to have this change publicly announced in local newspapers, and have changed all that government and personal documents that I am allowed to by law. This includes, but is not limited to, my Social Security card, academic records, medical records, bank accounts, and my driver’s license.

I would like to reiterate this for sake of clarity: my driver’s license, which includes my photo and address and name, and which as a government issued document identifies me as female. (Of course, I do not need the government to validate who I am. Please do not take that personally.)

So imagine my surprise – along with my mortification, my humiliation, my fear and my hurt – when an election official at my designated polling place by the name of Oscar said that I needed to provide proof of identification. Just outside of Boston, in the state of Massachusetts, on Election Day morning, on a voting line five feet from the voting booth.

Speaking of that line - no one else on my queue was asked to provide identification. Other voters were dutifully logged in and given ballots as Oscar hung onto my license. He did not explain to me why I had been called out. He did not say what he intended to do with my license. After a few busy minutes he took it to another election official to discuss what he should do next – and in the course of that conversation proceeded to repeatedly misgender me, all the while holding onto my license which clearly stated my correct gender. He finally returned to the check-in table and, still not speaking to me, continued to check in other voters. Concerned neighbors and curious strangers moved around us. I had to finally ask Oscar for my license back. Only then was I given my ballots, allowing me to vote.

Ms. Warren and Senator Chang-Diaz, you should know that one of the reasons I moved from New York to The Bay State was because of what I saw were a passion for progressive politics and courageous stances taken in the name of civil rights issues in the present day. The passage of the Massachusetts Trans Equality Bill earlier this year, and the passage of the far-reaching Marriage Equality Bill in 2004 clearly indicate I made the right decision.

Whether you are victorious at the end of this day or not, I hope that you in your capacities as state leaders with a national voice continue this trend towards basic human rights for all – including having all election officials in Massachusetts trained to sensitivity so that no other voter will ever have to undergo what I did this morning just to be able to exercise her constitutional right as a proud citizen of this great state.

Thank you.

Stephanie Bonvissuto, Student Coordinator
Queer Student Center
University of Massachusetts Boston
QSC@umb.edu
617 287-7983
Although appalling, it's not gonna get better if folks keep silent.
I'm glad she will not remain invisible on this matter.

Some of you know Stephanie.
She's ok with us sharing her story.

Old 11-06-2012, 01:38 PM   #532
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martina View Post
What did he mean?

Was he harrassing you in some way?
I was in line minding my own buisness,not discusing a thing with anyone while theire was a general discusion about some of the things to vote on.I definatly don't look like the average man or woman wich gets me comments and looks I just dont pay any atintion to anymore so they get the silent treatment from me.

It was a woman that said that to my surprise,I live in a neighbor hood that is sort of anti gay by 50/50.Obviously this person has no idea how many of our family do live in this place,also she is ultra right wing religious nut case that thinks if anyone isnt with her on her views they arent human.One of the older women who works the polls gave her a look that would have and did shut her up.Most times I get this crap from men so I just ignore them like I did this person and went about my own buisness,the less crediblity you give then the smaller they look.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 11-06-2012, 01:59 PM   #533
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Default Ty Daywalker.

I am one of the fue people I know who go about this life not careing what others think about my outside aperence,many times I get the sir yes sir thing more times than I can count,in reality I could care less if i'm calle sir or m'am.I have a visable moustash,enough hair on my face even tho its fair and fine to have to shave ,my voice is deep,i'm always going to walk like John Wayne.This is who I am and will always be,if it makes someone uncomfortable it's not my issue unless they make it so.When I dont reply to crap from some people it's not that I don't care to,I just will not give them validation by takeing the bait of an argument.I dont stop what i'm doing,I don't go away,I don't stop being myself,I also will not disapeer.But,the first time one of them puts a hand on me or harms my family all bets are off.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 11-06-2012, 02:28 PM   #534
Allison W

How Do You Identify?:
TG Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Loner

Thanked 1,198 Times in 320 Posts
Allison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST Reputation

Just voted. I was #41.

Also, a little somethin' somethin' for you folks. Nate Silver, as of 10:10 a.m. ET today, projected Obama's chances of victory at 90.9%. http://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytimes...r/nate-silver/
Allison W is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Allison W For This Useful Post:
Old 11-06-2012, 02:48 PM   #535
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allison W View Post
Just voted. I was #41.

Also, a little somethin' somethin' for you folks. Nate Silver, as of 10:10 a.m. ET today, projected Obama's chances of victory at 90.9%. http://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytimes...r/nate-silver/
I think that's down a little from yesterday.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Martina For This Useful Post:
Old 11-06-2012, 02:51 PM   #536
Allison W

How Do You Identify?:
TG Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Loner

Thanked 1,198 Times in 320 Posts
Allison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST Reputation

Yeah, and it's still 91%. Chill out.
Allison W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 03:07 PM   #537
Gentle Tiger

How Do You Identify?:
As a Tiger of course
Preferred Pronoun?:
Not the Old Man
Relationship Status:
Two Tigers

Thanked 15,997 Times in 3,996 Posts
Gentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST Reputation

Ok, how many think tonight's outcome will be final vs. being declared after a recount?

Gentle Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gentle Tiger For This Useful Post:
Old 11-06-2012, 03:18 PM   #538
MissItalianDiva

How Do You Identify?:
Miss Twiggy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious and that shit doesn't sound atrocious!
Relationship Status:
divorce happens..all that glitters ain't gold

Thanked 7,161 Times in 1,793 Posts
MissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST Reputation

I don't know if there is a class they take for those fake plastic smiles and gross chuckles but Ed Gillespie who is on CNN right now speaking about Romney has the same gross smirk and laugh....ugh can't stand the Republican plastics
MissItalianDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MissItalianDiva For This Useful Post:
Old 11-06-2012, 03:23 PM   #539
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allison W View Post
Yeah, and it's still 91%. Chill out.
~~~~ Huh?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Martina For This Useful Post:
Old 11-06-2012, 03:57 PM   #540
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Thanked 15,407 Times in 4,138 Posts
WolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST Reputation

I worked long and hard today, came home, dropped my rent check to the manager just so I could ask her where the exact location was I needed to vote at...with that said, I found it, voted and am happy it's a done deal for me.

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage --- Lao Tzo
WolfyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WolfyOne For This Useful Post: