Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Current Affairs/World Issues/Science And History

Old 04-02-2010, 02:10 PM   #61
Ms. Tabitha

How Do You Identify?:
Hey Lady
Preferred Pronoun?:
Female
Relationship Status:
Married ~ 4-1-13

Thanked 3,583 Times in 1,041 Posts
Ms. Tabitha Has the BEST ReputationMs. Tabitha Has the BEST ReputationMs. Tabitha Has the BEST ReputationMs. Tabitha Has the BEST ReputationMs. Tabitha Has the BEST ReputationMs. Tabitha Has the BEST ReputationMs. Tabitha Has the BEST ReputationMs. Tabitha Has the BEST ReputationMs. Tabitha Has the BEST ReputationMs. Tabitha Has the BEST ReputationMs. Tabitha Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laidbackgrly View Post
i cant stand walmart ive gone there 3 times since july i go only if i have too
I can't stand Walmart either.

The stores are just down right nasty and they way they treat their employees is disturbing. They are over worked and underpaid.

I would rather take a poke in the eye with a sharp stick then to chance the fact that I might be pushing a cart and have an onset of cart-rage and run into someone's child who has decided that running up and down the isles is entertainment while their parents shop.

Ms. Tabitha is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ms. Tabitha For This Useful Post:
Old 04-02-2010, 07:49 PM   #62
MsDemeanor

How Do You Identify?:
queer stone femme
Relationship Status:
Happily married to MisterMeanor, the man of my dreams

Thanked 1,851 Times in 511 Posts
MsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Wal-Mart:
Cheapest roll of paper towels .77
Real butter 1.77
Cheapest loaf of bread .77
Tampons 3.97
Bag of frozen chicken tenderloins 6.44
=13.72
Paying attention to ads, clipping coupons, and stocking up when things are on sale works, too. I have 3 grocery bags full of Cheerios that I got for about a buck fifty each; it was really swell when they had little nascar toys inside, 'cause those toys sold for 3-4 bucks each on ebay.

16 pack of large rolls of Bounty pick-a-size (so you can use just 1/2) - 9.99 at safeway this week
Real butter - 1.99, often on sale for 1.50 with coupons at safeway
Cheapest loaf of bread - sorry, I don't skimp on bread.
Tampons - 3.99 at walgreens at least one week a month
Fresh boneless skinless chicken breasts - 2.99/lb at Delanos, sometimes on sale for even less
Old 04-02-2010, 09:07 PM   #63
Cowboi

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Holding My Red Circle

1 Highscore

Thanked 3,962 Times in 1,230 Posts
Cowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST Reputation

I don't like wally world.......but it is the cheapest place to shop here. If I ever win the lottery, I will never step foot in walmart again! LoL
Old 04-02-2010, 10:17 PM   #64
Passionaria

How Do You Identify?:
Urban Bohemian : http://youtu.be/IM96Ch9Gx4A

Thanked 3,735 Times in 1,249 Posts
Passionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST Reputation
Default Is it EVIL?????

I can't believe I am going to say this, but here in Tejas where I live, and I imagine it is true elsewhere, it depends on how much money you have. Like many have expressed on this thread Walmart is the cheapest place to shop. And it helps a lot of people in that way. It is hard to be politically correct when you are hungry. I think another question is why in America are people going hungry?

Pashi

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fhxiAHeYs8"]YouTube- Bob Marley-Them belly full(but we hungry)[/nomedia]
Old 04-02-2010, 11:31 PM   #65
MsDemeanor

How Do You Identify?:
queer stone femme
Relationship Status:

MsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passionaria View Post
I think another question is why in America are people going hungry?
That is the real question. How did this country get so f'd up that so many people have to shop at that shit hole?
Old 04-02-2010, 11:40 PM   #66
Passionaria

How Do You Identify?:
Urban Bohemian : http://youtu.be/IM96Ch9Gx4A

Thanked 3,735 Times in 1,249 Posts
Passionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsDemeanor View Post
That is the real question. How did this country get so f'd up that so many people have to shop at that shit hole?

exactly! cracking up over here.
Old 04-03-2010, 09:19 PM   #67
FR

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Relationship Status:
dead

FR Has the BEST ReputationFR Has the BEST ReputationFR Has the BEST ReputationFR Has the BEST ReputationFR Has the BEST ReputationFR Has the BEST ReputationFR Has the BEST ReputationFR Has the BEST ReputationFR Has the BEST ReputationFR Has the BEST ReputationFR Has the BEST Reputation

--- i agree u have to balance it out with what is best for u and yours-
money and times are hard for most people most times.
-- also many grocery stores don't hire full time cashiers-because it would cost to much and benefits.
so walmart isnt the only one who has bad practices.
--my main concern is accessability- many know at this time i use a cane or scooter. and sometimes i cannot take my own. lots of stores dont have handcicapped scooters for shopping. many keep them in such a bad state it is irksome to me. walmart and target are one of the few who really take care of their equipment and always ask me if they can help. raleys is another store i give good marks to.
FR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 09:43 PM   #68
Miss Scarlett
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

Thanked 12,949 Times in 3,419 Posts
Miss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST Reputation

I shop at WalMart and Sams too. But I also shop at Target, Trader Joe's and Harris Teeter.

There are things at each of the stores that I can only get there.

I don't think WalMart is evil. As far as I am concerned if anyone does not like a particular store for whatever reason then don't shop there. But on the flip side, please don't condemn those who do.
Miss Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 11:09 PM   #69
MsDemeanor

How Do You Identify?:
queer stone femme
Relationship Status:

I dunno, I think that we gotta condemn this one at least a little

linkyloo
Old 04-03-2010, 11:39 PM   #70
FR

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Relationship Status:
dead

FR Has the BEST ReputationFR Has the BEST ReputationFR Has the BEST ReputationFR Has the BEST ReputationFR Has the BEST ReputationFR Has the BEST ReputationFR Has the BEST ReputationFR Has the BEST ReputationFR Has the BEST ReputationFR Has the BEST ReputationFR Has the BEST Reputation

--i LOVE that site and ones like them--notice the leather couple on 7--lol
FR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 07:56 AM   #71
Miss Scarlett
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

Thanked 12,949 Times in 3,419 Posts
Miss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I dunno, I think that we gotta condemn this one at least a little

linkyloo
You are so very, very bad!
Miss Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 08:18 AM   #72
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Thanked 8,994 Times in 2,249 Posts
Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Thank you.

I'm not sure about other areas, maybe you can let me know, but here in Danville, VA the Walmart has slowly been pulling back anything organic. For a while there you could pick through and find stuff. They even had a section. This has been slowly disappearing and I'm not buying the crap about the demand not being there.

It's quite rare I go to walmart. I'm not going to say I never do and to be honesty I hate when I do. I most likely will make a stronger to commitment not going but just last month they closed yet another food store. If I want anything organic, which is 80% of my diet, I have to drive an hour or more.
Thankfully I grow a lot but I cant grow everything. You wont get a phrase out of me when it comes to Walmart. If we didnt have a walmart we'd have more stores, more demand and in the long run more jobs and our local farmers would be busy too.
Old 04-04-2010, 09:03 AM   #73
Nina
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
unmistakably
Preferred Pronoun?:
dearheart
Relationship Status:
In love, loved and Happy, thanks for askin'

Thanked 3,383 Times in 931 Posts
Nina Has the BEST ReputationNina Has the BEST ReputationNina Has the BEST ReputationNina Has the BEST ReputationNina Has the BEST ReputationNina Has the BEST ReputationNina Has the BEST ReputationNina Has the BEST ReputationNina Has the BEST ReputationNina Has the BEST ReputationNina Has the BEST Reputation

I have never been to a walmart

it kinda scares me...

I don't know where one is near me...I think we don't have one here...
I don't cross the bridge unless I'm going to someplace wonderful and/or natureful...walmart wouldn't qualify under either of those headings...

I have been to target and can do without it...

there are lots of little places around to get plastic things, and other things which the big box stores sell...an advantage of an eclectic big city like SF, I guess...and, if ya go at the right times there might even be parking !!

I think that the premiss of a huge business taking terrible advantage of their workers, out sourcing as much manufacturing as possible, strong arming the manufactures, and being ruthless with competition has a component of evil in it...I Do Not think any of that sloughs off on the consumers...in this day and age, in Any Day and Age, the wallet is the driving factor of most regular folks...connivence is a factor, and personal choice is a factor as well...where and how and why someone shops is their business and if I have a personal or political reaction to a strangers' choice, then I can make my own economical choices to try and counter theirs...

wow...who would have known I had so much yappy shit to say about this subject??....yikes....
Nina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nina For This Useful Post: