Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > RELATIONSHIPS, COMMUNITY, GROUPS > Singles Mingle

Old 09-03-2015, 10:36 PM   #9561
ProfPacker

How Do You Identify?:
butch/MOC
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy/hym/hys but in circumstances like work and some other places she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 4,814 Times in 1,187 Posts
ProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST Reputation
Default singles and dating sites

I have been on a bit of a frenzy joining butch femme dating sites in addition to POF, Match, Pink cupid, etc.

so, here is what I have realized, the same people (including me)are all on the same sights. Many times with different names, different ages, etc.

I think that I have to dump some of them because seeing all the same people is beginning to seem weird to me. I also realize that if I focus on one or two I am not missing out on anyone to meet.

Not sure this is for me, I haven't seen anyone "grab" me yet. lol

have a nice night
ProfPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ProfPacker For This Useful Post:
Old 09-03-2015, 11:11 PM   #9562
JustLovelyJenn

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
That's Need to Know

Thanked 13,995 Times in 3,685 Posts
JustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfPacker View Post
I have been on a bit of a frenzy joining butch femme dating sites in addition to POF, Match, Pink cupid, etc.

so, here is what I have realized, the same people (including me)are all on the same sights. Many times with different names, different ages, etc.

I think that I have to dump some of them because seeing all the same people is beginning to seem weird to me. I also realize that if I focus on one or two I am not missing out on anyone to meet.

have a nice night
I feel much the same. I see the same faces... sometimes with different names and details. They weren't interested in me on THAT site, so I figure they aren't likely to be interested in me on the next one either... yet friends keep saying "don't give up". I'm kind of ready to say. THEN YOU PICK THEM.

None the less... single makes for lonely late nights. So here I am.
Old 09-03-2015, 11:17 PM   #9563
Mel C.
Long-time Member

How Do You Identify?:
WIB - woman identified butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your choice...not really a button for me
Relationship Status:
♡ married 1/1/2019♡

Thanked 6,837 Times in 1,621 Posts
Mel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST Reputation

I haven't tried a dating site. I am not super motivated. Sometimes it sucks being single. Other times I am grateful that I am single. Tonight I am grateful.
Mel C. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mel C. For This Useful Post:
Old 09-03-2015, 11:44 PM   #9564
JustLovelyJenn

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
That's Need to Know

JustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST Reputation

Mel, I find that single is more entertaining and sustainable when I have more time in my social calendar. When I am busy and rushing around from one thing to the next I wish just a little for someone to listen and warm arms at night.

I love my life and everything I have going right now, but it would be so much more rewarding if I could share my accomplishment, my worries and stresses, my joy and my hopes for the future.
Old 09-03-2015, 11:53 PM   #9565
Mel C.
Long-time Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
♡ married 1/1/2019♡

Mel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustLovelyJenn View Post
Mel, I find that single is more entertaining and sustainable when I have more time in my social calendar. When I am busy and rushing around from one thing to the next I wish just a little for someone to listen and warm arms at night.

I love my life and everything I have going right now, but it would be so much more rewarding if I could share my accomplishment, my worries and stresses, my joy and my hopes for the future.
I understand Jenn. I am cynical at the moment (perhaps a bit longer than a moment). I remember the ways that being partnered was wonderful. I just want no part of it currently. I may change my mind tomorrow, but for today I am not interested in dating sites or dating in general.

I wouldn't mind sharing with a friend though. Friends are good
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mel C. For This Useful Post:
Old 09-04-2015, 05:04 AM   #9566
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,775 Times in 25,689 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I woke up from a dream about necking with a cutie patootie so I'm in the 'I miss it' category this morning. Singledom has it's benefits but, like anything else, it has it's drawbacks too.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 09-04-2015, 08:27 AM   #9567
randrum

How Do You Identify?:
Boi
Preferred Pronoun?:
Just call me G
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 3,061 Times in 668 Posts
randrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputation

I definitely flutter between wanting to be partnered and enjoying singledom. And sometimes it changes by the day.

I think what I miss most is feeling like someone is there. And cuddling at night.
Old 09-04-2015, 08:49 AM   #9568
JustLovelyJenn

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
That's Need to Know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel C. View Post
I understand Jenn. I am cynical at the moment (perhaps a bit longer than a moment). I remember the ways that being partnered was wonderful. I just want no part of it currently. I may change my mind tomorrow, but for today I am not interested in dating sites or dating in general.

I wouldn't mind sharing with a friend though. Friends are good
I believe we have plans to do that in about a month!! Looking forward to it.
Old 09-04-2015, 06:10 PM   #9569
randrum

How Do You Identify?:
Boi
Preferred Pronoun?:
Just call me G
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 3,061 Times in 668 Posts
randrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustLovelyJenn View Post
I believe we have plans to do that in about a month!! Looking forward to it.
Yea, who will all be at the Reunion? I'm looking forward to it.

I had my boss officially sign off on my PTO today. With airfare and hotel booked, I'm ready to go!
Old 09-04-2015, 06:30 PM   #9570
Mel C.
Long-time Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
♡ married 1/1/2019♡

Quote:
Originally Posted by randrum View Post

I had my boss officially sign off on my PTO today. With airfare and hotel booked, I'm ready to go!
Unlesss there are unforseen circumstances, I will be there
The Following User Says Thank You to Mel C. For This Useful Post:
Old 09-04-2015, 06:37 PM   #9571
Wrang1er

How Do You Identify?:
Me, myself and I

1 Highscore

Thanked 7,080 Times in 1,355 Posts
Wrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST Reputation

A cuddle buddy would be nice.
Wrang1er is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wrang1er For This Useful Post:
Old 09-04-2015, 09:02 PM   #9572
JustLovelyJenn

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
That's Need to Know

Quote:
Originally Posted by randrum View Post

randrum I am very excited to get a hug from you too!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrang1er View Post
A cuddle buddy would be nice.
Wrangler, you and me both sweety... that's one of the things I miss the most when I'm single.
Old 09-04-2015, 10:17 PM   #9573
Mel C.
Long-time Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
♡ married 1/1/2019♡

greaaaaaat...all the talking and reading about it has me missing it too.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mel C. For This Useful Post:
Old 09-04-2015, 10:34 PM   #9574
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,859 Times in 9,716 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

I made some goodies for y'all!

Cookies, cake, pie, etc. Have at it and I also stocked the fridge again and there is wine, beer in there as well as other alcoholic stuff.

Albert Einstein
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 09-04-2015, 10:40 PM   #9575
Mel C.
Long-time Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
♡ married 1/1/2019♡

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDeere View Post
I made some goodies for y'all!

Cookies, cake, pie, etc. Have at it and I also stocked the fridge again and there is wine, beer in there as well as other alcoholic stuff.
I grabbed a rum and diet coke. tyvm
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mel C. For This Useful Post:
Old 09-04-2015, 10:41 PM   #9576
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,859 Times in 9,716 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I grabbed a rum and diet coke. tyvm
You are welcome very much!

Albert Einstein
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 09-04-2015, 10:46 PM   #9577
Mel C.
Long-time Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
♡ married 1/1/2019♡

So....we are without chat (which kills me since I JUST started going back in) and I have some questions. Where did you meet your ex (any/all)?

My longest relationship was with someone I met on the dash site.

My concern is that by being an introvert who tends to hermit, I am missing out on relationships (romantic and otherwise). I'd like ideas....still not looking for a relationship but more b-f friends would be awesome.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mel C. For This Useful Post:
Old 09-04-2015, 11:28 PM   #9578
JustLovelyJenn

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
That's Need to Know

Quote:
So....we are without chat (which kills me since I JUST started going back in) and I have some questions. Where did you meet your ex (any/all)?

My concern is that by being an introvert who tends to hermit, I am missing out on relationships (romantic and otherwise). I'd like ideas....still not looking for a relationship but more b-f friends would be awesome.
I have attempted to start a few relationships from this community and the dash site, but they haven't really gone far enough to count... with one exception.

My longest relationship since I came out was someone I met while I was in college.

I can hermit some too... and even when I do go out, I seem to stick to just me. I don't like crowds... unless I'm on stage. I have been really trying to step outside my box and make grown-up friends lately, but its hard. So I get where your coming from.
Old 09-05-2015, 06:17 AM   #9579
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,775 Times in 25,689 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

I've met partners in a variety of places. Mainly online but also in high school and college and at a bar. Oh, and at a recruiter's office.

The older I get, the more introverted I think I'm becoming. When I'm approached with a social setting, I'm good and mingle, but I don't actively seek it out. It's not because I don't want to; it because I don't want to take a chance with my life.

Seriously.

They drive crazzzzzy here.

Like number 2 or 3 in the worst cities to drive in national study kind of crazy.

Also, I don't have a counterpart to go with me. Not necessarily a romantic thing but it's good to have someone there for support and security. The world isn't what it used to be.

Quote:
greaaaaaat...all the talking and reading about it has me missing it too.
All you have to do is travel to the East coast! I can't help with everything but I'm a good snuggler and partner in crime.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 09-05-2015, 09:11 AM   #9580
Ginger

How Do You Identify?:
Femme lesbian

Thanked 12,309 Times in 2,056 Posts
Ginger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfPacker View Post

have a nice night

Hey ProfPacker, I think you're right; it's the same pool of people in most of the sites, or let's say if you made a Venn diagram of all the sites, there would be more overlap than not.

I have a theory that it's more productive to look for communities you gel with, than individuals.

Have you tried MeetUp?