Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 08-12-2012, 10:21 AM   #81
sylvie

How Do You Identify?:
Mr Mtn's babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
girly, she
Relationship Status:
fiercely protected ♥

Thanked 7,501 Times in 1,850 Posts
sylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputation

Morning Runners!

Went for my morning run this morning again, i am doing close to 4k here on the trails and main road of the resort..Fresh air, beautiful scenery, and a big 'ol smile, gosh the feeling of a run just sets me up for an awesome day all around!

When i arrived here in Oregon, i got super spoiled with some new running gear from my Daddy..It makes such a huge difference, having clothes on designed for running.. Got myself a new water bottle belt, too before travelling here. Having water on me definitely helps push me further, not sure how i did it so long without one, especially since i dehydrate so quickly without running even.

TexasCowboi, i completely get what you are saying as far as nutrition goes.. That is something i am just learning myself. On days when i am not so great to myself eatingwise, i feel like the energy is sucked right out of me. It definitely is important to have a healthy eating plan, lots of hydration and a lot of good rest. That is something i had a hard time adjusting to, the proper rest.

my facebook weight loss page:
http://www.facebook.com/asyllyjourney
sylvie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sylvie For This Useful Post:
Old 08-12-2012, 10:26 AM   #82
tazz

How Do You Identify?:
Athlete/tomboi
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, cutie
Relationship Status:
Estoy recibiendo cómodo con él

Thanked 1,759 Times in 642 Posts
tazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputation

i am so excited i found this thread!!

tuesday this week will be my 6.5 mile run.
currently, i am training for my 1st half marathon next year. as well as my 1st duathlon.

tazz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tazz For This Useful Post:
Old 08-16-2012, 12:42 PM   #83
stephfromMIT
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Troll
Preferred Pronoun?:
she her
Relationship Status:
engaged to my fiancee Amanda

stephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST Reputation
Smile Amanda is a semi-competitive runner

She's prefers to run barefoot. (better form/just being contrarian) She runs 10 miles 3x/wk. Also runs a weekly race near us. (5 miles, approx. 5:30/mi) Also runs major local races.
stephfromMIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 05:21 AM   #84
alexri

How Do You Identify?:
-

Thanked 2,799 Times in 468 Posts
alexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputation
Default Ouch

Ugh. At the Rock N Roll Providence Half Marathon last Sunday, I was on my way to PR, and then the course hit this sudden, steep, sharp downhill with a curve, and I felt this pain in my right knee I have never felt before. I had to walk down the hill, and then tried to run again afterwards in a flat section. I made it a while but the hurting came back around mile 10. I had to stop at two medical stations for biofreeze, ice and a quick massage just so I could walk through the last mile and a half. I've been stretching, rolling, etc. like a madman trying to get this better.

Terrified I did something. Seeing the doctor on Monday just to be sure. I am guessing IT band since I felt it in my hip later.

I so cannot get hurt. I am *supposed* to be doing a 18-20 mile long run tomorrow to get ready for next month's races. It may just be a slow shuffle.
alexri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 10:07 AM   #85
sylvie

How Do You Identify?:
Mr Mtn's babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
girly, she
Relationship Status:
fiercely protected ♥

sylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputation

Truly a great run this morning..
Nothing beats the sound of the feet hitting the pavement, early morning..
When all is quiet, heavy breaths and the feel of the fresh early morning air on my face..

Sometimes i tend to get hard on myself if i feel like i havent achieved the distance i achieved a previous day...But this week, i've learned to really stop doing that to myself. The fact i get up and run like i do is the best feeling in the world, considering where i was over a year ago - and everyday is an achievement of some kind.. Mostly, it's about the positive mind that comes from a run, no matter the length..It's about doing something for myself that feels great and preparing myself for some events to come, which will be such an accomplishment, i know this.

So, from now on, it's about patting myself on the back and being proud of me for what i accomplish each day, rather than being hard on myself, and enjoying every runner's high !

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sylvie For This Useful Post:
Old 09-09-2012, 03:58 PM   #86
alexri

How Do You Identify?:
-

alexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputation
Default Yeesss!!!

First double half marathons since February. Did the Maple Leaf 1/2 in VT on Saturday; passed someone I've always wanted to pass, even taking it easy.

Today was the Lake Auburn Half Marathon in Auburn, ME. Really liked it, I helped pace a guy in to his PR, and I scored my own PR as well. Wooo!!!

Finally recovering from lyme disease. Pre-race I had chicken w/ fries on Fri night and steak w/ mashed potatoes and fries on Sat night. I can't eat wheat or dairy anymore and I'm finding that non-traditional pre-race meals are working just fine.

Next Saturday-- Gulf Beach 1/2 in CT. Gonna try to bust the PR a little more.
Old 09-09-2012, 04:09 PM   #87
Leigh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, etc
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 13,026 Times in 4,786 Posts
Leigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST Reputation

Running is something I'm working towards in the future, right now I'm just getting used to walking but I hope to work up to a jog first and then maybe running in the future

Leigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 05:52 PM   #88
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

On the 6th of october I will be on a walk/run for chairty,also the team im with is wearing our Sr.Olympic shirts to advertise the sr.Olimpics that will be hear next may..I shure hope my knees can stand it..ouch!
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 09-09-2012, 11:23 PM   #89
shadows papa

How Do You Identify?:
With a Warning Label
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her Bastard
Relationship Status:
Peaceful Easy

Thanked 1,644 Times in 485 Posts
shadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputation

I run simply because you cannot finish a triathlon without doing so! It's my least favorite of the three disciplines. I'm built like a linebacker,NOT a runner. I'm slow and all kinds of incorrect biomechanics but I can run a long ways and I never quit. Sometimes I take our youngest dog,Brando, with me on runs of 4 miles or less. He really enjoys it and it gives me a reason to drag my sorry butt out the door when I'd rather be riding my bike or swimming. Currently training for a half Ironman Tri that is my way of celebrating my 45th birthday in October. The run leg is a half marathon. I'm shooting for 2 hrs 45 min.
Old 09-14-2012, 04:04 PM   #90
alexri

How Do You Identify?:
-

Default Tris

I give you such credit for being a tri person. I can't muster up the willpower, not even for a sprint tri. I never learned how to swim and I have phobias about having my head under water. You're awesome!

And all of you, runners, walkers, joggers, wagglers, Galloway runners, whatever it is, you're out there doing it. It doesn't matter how fast or slow you are. Just keep competing against yourself. Keep it up folks!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alexri For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2012, 04:45 PM   #91
tazz

How Do You Identify?:
Athlete/tomboi
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, cutie
Relationship Status:
Estoy recibiendo cómodo con él

Thanked 1,759 Times in 642 Posts
tazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputation

And all of you, runners, walkers, joggers, wagglers, Galloway runners, whatever it is, you're out there doing it. It doesn't matter how fast or slow you are. Just keep competing against yourself. Keep it up folks![/QUOTE]

***thanks... next week is my 9 mile mark.

was supposed to do a 5k today, race mode. but cramps are holding me back. (sometimes exercise is not good for cramps)
tomorrow i will do a double workout... 5k in the morning and and hour of sprint/interval work in the afternoon.

my double workouts begin next year right before my 1st half marathon in the spring.

tazz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tazz For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2012, 05:11 PM   #92
alexri

How Do You Identify?:
-

Never any shame in a rest day. Better to listen to the body. For some people exercise helps cramps; for others it makes them way worse.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alexri For This Useful Post:
Old 09-15-2012, 10:43 AM   #93
Greco

How Do You Identify?:
GNC, not Trans, REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Preferred Pronoun?:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Relationship Status:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.

Thanked 6,625 Times in 2,281 Posts
Greco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST Reputation
Default new runs, new gym, new everything

Double rainbow greeted all of us this morning...running in grainy sand, warm water...distance? who knows?...1.5 hr easy exploring run...proably 7mi...didn't care about distance, just exploring this new place, new people, new running place.

New gym, warehouse type place, serious, and fun folks together working out...friendly folks, strange to feel strange about friendly people...will get used to it...can certainly use it...excellent etiquette for folks using the free, and weight machines...good feeling...what a terrific place...I've been guided to some kind of humane place...wonder how my runs, and work outs will change because of it? I sense it will be a good thing.

Enjoy your runs folks!

from a kind place in the Universe, Greco

"Me gusta andar, pero no sigo el camino pues lo seguro no tiene misterio." Facundo Cabral
Greco is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Greco For This Useful Post:
Old 09-30-2012, 08:44 AM   #94
alexri

How Do You Identify?:
-

Default Argh

So yesterday was the New Hampshire Marathon. Hilly as hell, but a nice cloudy day, very little rain, pretty much perfect. I was doing great until around mile 16 and just felt myself starting to lose strength. The road had a really bad angle and my right foot killed the last 3 miles. This supposed to be my first double marathon weekend, but I got lost on the way to my hotel in Portland, and didn't get here until after 8 pm and hadn't even eaten dinner yet. Ugh. My plan was to just drop down to the half marathon, but I didn't even feel like doing that this morning. So I'm sitting in the hotel in Maine waiting for my friend who did the half so she can comes shower before we go.

Sitting in the hotel now I think I probably could have eeked out the half, but I am not going to second-guess myself or beat myself up for not doing it. I would have stayed overnight in NH anyway if I was just doing the one full there because I wouldn't trust myself to make the drive home safely being that tired. And it is actually downpouring here this morning so I would have been pretty miserable out there.

I have a couple more events this year but I need to put all my focus on my first Goofy challenge in January. I also need to get back on the wagon of healthy eating. I've been giving myself way too much permission to eat crap food as a reward for an event or for long miles.

How are you all doing? What's coming up for you? What are you working on?
The Following User Says Thank You to alexri For This Useful Post:
Old 10-19-2012, 03:01 PM   #95
alexri

How Do You Identify?:
-

Runners, joggers, walkers... how's it going out there?
Old 11-05-2012, 12:01 PM   #96
sylvie

How Do You Identify?:
Mr Mtn's babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
girly, she
Relationship Status:
fiercely protected ♥

i miss running..SO much.
the cool morning air, the exhilarating feeling..
the energy to take on the day with a positive mindset.
the sound of the feet hitting the pavement.. controlled breathing.

i have felt so out of shape when i stopped running & working out. i have a tendency to get hard on myself and stop doing the things i love, a self-punishment.. So now that i'm getting the workouts back in, i will be working this back into my program as well.

What do ya's do through the winter months for those of you who get snow?
Our city here arent great about street cleaning, and so i may have to rely on running on my treadmill through the winter months.. But i find running on a treadmill completely different from the outside run.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sylvie For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2012, 12:10 PM   #97
Angeltoes

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Nunya

Thanked 5,525 Times in 1,386 Posts
Angeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST Reputation

I'm in no way a competitive runner, but it definitely wakes me up and starts the day off right if I can run for a mile or 2 in the morning. I've been keeping to that lately. The problem is staying motivated when it's freezing and dark on winter mornings. We've had an Indian Summer this year, but next week it may snow and I don't handle the cold well. I'll need to replace running with some indoor cardio activity at the Y. I can't stand freezing!
Old 11-05-2012, 12:14 PM   #98
MissItalianDiva

How Do You Identify?:
Miss Twiggy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious and that shit doesn't sound atrocious!
Relationship Status:
divorce happens..all that glitters ain't gold

Thanked 7,161 Times in 1,793 Posts
MissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST Reputation

I am an odd duck but for me personally I love running or jogging in the frigid air. Just makes me feel even more driven. Getting out there and just running from it all...an escape of sorts.
MissItalianDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MissItalianDiva For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2012, 12:16 PM   #99
Angeltoes

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Nunya

Thanked 5,525 Times in 1,386 Posts
Angeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissItalianDiva View Post
I am an odd duck but for me personally I love running or jogging in the frigid air. Just makes me feel even more driven. Getting out there and just running from it all...an escape of sorts.
I think I need you to run next to me and tell me to quit my cryin'
Old 11-05-2012, 12:19 PM   #100
sylvie

How Do You Identify?:
Mr Mtn's babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
girly, she
Relationship Status:
fiercely protected ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissItalianDiva View Post
i love the frigid air as well.. The only thing i have problems with are the snow and ice.. If we had proper street cleaning, i would be all over it indeed.

i completely agree with the escape, it's been very much that for me as well.
i love running off a stressful or emotional day!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sylvie For This Useful Post: