Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 11-12-2010, 02:16 PM   #81
LipstickLola

How Do You Identify?:
Happy
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Thanked 1,597 Times in 433 Posts
LipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by katsarecool View Post
I just got back from the hospital where I was to go for the ultrasound. Another mammogram was done and there is a lesion in the left breast next to the chest wall. Radiologist said there is a slighter higher than 50%chance I have breast cancer. Next step is with a surgeon for a biopsy. It is very small, no mass and she ...said it is very early and there is a good chance it can come out with the biopsy. Strangely calm.
Not exactly what you'd want to hear (((((Kats))))). The upside is the "knowing" for sure what your next step is. Sending positive vibes and wishing you the very best! Early is good, very very good. Think of everyone here as "holding your hand"
LipstickLola is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LipstickLola For This Useful Post:
Old 11-12-2010, 04:13 PM   #82
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:
Married and Bound to Tommi's kaijira (Ts_kaijira )

1 Highscore

Location: Suthun.... California that is. Across the ridge from Laguna Beach.
Thanked 21,337 Times in 5,968 Posts
Tommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJo View Post
((((( kats ))))) Well...this sucks. The good news is that it was caught early, which dramatically increases the likelihood that it can be treated successfully. I'm sooooooo glad that you didn't put off your mammogram for another few years.

Please keep us posted, and know that we're all here for you if you need to vent, cry, talk...whatever.

I went for my second mammo and the ultrasound, and haven't heard a peep from anyone. My follow-up appointment with the doctor is Tuesday (right before I hop on a plane for a 3 day business trip to AZ). I'm hoping that their silence is a good sign....but I'll let you all know either way.
Tuesday, just around the corner. Silence is golden, tell them you want it in a 12 oz bar or a couple Krugerands.. Good luck.

Quote:
I just got back from the hospital where I was to go for the ultrasound. Another mammogram was done and there is a lesion in the left breast next to the chest wall. Radiologist said there is a slighter higher than 50%chance I have breast cancer. Next step is with a surgeon for a biopsy. It is very small, no mass and she ...said it is very early and there is a good chance it can come out with the biopsy. Strangely calm.
Good. Early is good. Cancer doesn't knock, so am glad you are doing the big stuff, and knocking it out. Check out the breast surgeons in your neck of the woods. Write, call, and scream anytime you wish. Get it out.

STAY N TOUCH YA'LL . Tommi
Tommi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:
Old 11-12-2010, 04:24 PM   #83
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,872 Times in 7,835 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

Hey All,

Just wanted to send a huge "high 5" to the folks in this thread for screening, early detection, and proactive exams. Big stuff and it's so so SO important for all of us to take care of our selves and each other!

Big Love!

<3

@ Tommi
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 11-12-2010, 05:11 PM   #84
Delish

How Do You Identify?:
Queen of our castle
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
She put a ring on it and the date is set :)

Delish Has the BEST ReputationDelish Has the BEST ReputationDelish Has the BEST ReputationDelish Has the BEST ReputationDelish Has the BEST ReputationDelish Has the BEST ReputationDelish Has the BEST ReputationDelish Has the BEST ReputationDelish Has the BEST ReputationDelish Has the BEST ReputationDelish Has the BEST Reputation

Just wanted you to know I was sending you positive vibes and prayers your way

Quote:
Old 11-15-2010, 02:33 PM   #85
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Follow your heart; it knows things your mind cannot explain.

1 Highscore

Thanked 25,407 Times in 4,661 Posts
JustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST Reputation

Well my doctor's appointment isn't until tomorrow, but I got a letter from the radiology center today....says the area is "probably benign" and requires follow up in 6 months. I'll take it!
Old 11-15-2010, 02:43 PM   #86
katsarecool

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Woman
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 1,765 Times in 734 Posts
katsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputation

What a day!!! I waited till 10:30 to hear from my primary care doc. Then I had to get busy. They made an appointment and the earliest one is (hold your hat) Dec. 23rd!!! Well that is not acceptable. I live with 25 miles of Emory University Hospital and I made sure that I got an appointment for this Thursday at 7:45 am. Lots of stuff had to be jiggled and lots of calls to pull this off. Mostly I did the work.

I have a word of advice for women living in a small town with a hospital that does not have a breast and diagnostic center. Do not go there. Go to a place that does have a good center.

The test I am having done is not a routine biopsy (doesn't that just figure) it is called a stereostatic biopsy and has to be done by a radiologist. The will be removing the lesion and punching holes in surrounding tissues for samples too.

And I have strep throat from sleeping with my 4 and 8 yr old grandsons Friday night. I am totally exhausted and my pain level is way up there right now.
Old 11-15-2010, 02:49 PM   #87
Julie

How Do You Identify?:
Angel * Femme * Lesbian * Girl * Woman * Slut * Bitch *
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
No longer a Virgin Bride to Dreamer ~ May 17th, 2014

Thanked 18,159 Times in 3,632 Posts
Julie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:

The test I am having done is not a routine biopsy (doesn't that just figure) it is called a stereostatic biopsy and has to be done by a radiologist. The will be removing the lesion and punching holes in surrounding tissues for samples too.
Kat... Good luck on Thursday with the Stereostatic Biopsy - I have had four of these types of biopsies. Most of my breast biopsies have been done by radiologist - in fact, I prefer them over my breast surgeon.

I know you are calm right now and hopefully you have someone going with you. Once you get there, it can be daunting, especially the machine. Ask for something like ativan if you are feeling nervous - it will make the procedure easier.

Please keep us posted - and remember... THIS IS YOUR BODY!

Julie

http://i374.photobucket.com/albums/o...ps4d9fb6c0.jpg

I Love You ~ I Love Us
May 17, 2014
Julie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Julie For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2010, 02:59 PM   #88
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Follow your heart; it knows things your mind cannot explain.

1 Highscore

Thanked 25,407 Times in 4,661 Posts
JustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
What a day!!! I waited till 10:30 to hear from my primary care doc. Then I had to get busy. They made an appointment and the earliest one is (hold your hat) Dec. 23rd!!! Well that is not acceptable. I live with 25 miles of Emory University Hospital and I made sure that I got an appointment for this Thursday at 7:45 am. Lots of stuff had to be jiggled and lots of calls to pull this off. Mostly I did the work.
Good for you for standing up for yourself and getting an earlier appointment.

I'll be sending you good energy on Thursday morning.
Old 11-15-2010, 03:03 PM   #89
lipstixgal

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
coupled

Thanked 1,690 Times in 1,064 Posts
lipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

I have a word of advice for women living in a small town with a hospital that does not have a breast and diagnostic center. Do not go there. Go to a place that does have a good center.

And I have strep throat from sleeping with my 4 and 8 yr old grandsons Friday night. I am totally exhausted and my pain level is way up there right now.
Good luck on Thursday I will be sending you good vibes that day!!
lipstixgal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to lipstixgal For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2010, 04:31 PM   #90
katsarecool

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Woman
Relationship Status:
Single

katsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfiniteFemme View Post

Kat... Good luck on Thursday with the Stereostatic Biopsy - I have had four of these types of biopsies. Most of my breast biopsies have been done by radiologist - in fact, I prefer them over my breast surgeon.

I know you are calm right now and hopefully you have someone going with you. Once you get there, it can be daunting, especially the machine. Ask for something like ativan if you are feeling nervous - it will make the procedure easier.

Please keep us posted - and remember... THIS IS YOUR BODY!

Julie
Thank you Julie!!! It will be a radiologist that will be doing this test. And that is all she does do; working at the Breast and Diagnosis Center in an Emory Univeristy satelitte.

I am not sure I will get nervous though. I have had several caudal nerve blocks, spinal cord implant surgery, knee surgery, and other surgical procedures all done in the last ten years since I was injured. And all done awake.

I will however be taking my Hydocodene before the procedure and my daughter is going with me. The tech at the local hospital just dropped off my films so that part is done. She said I have a cluster of calcifications what ever that means. She showed me with the tip of her little finger how small it is. I am not going to look at the films. I saw the mammo that was done 2.5 weeks ago and that was enough.

It was lucky that I called today so I can stop taking the blood thiners. Whew!!!

Thank you everyone for all the support! No one should ever feel they are alone during times like these. And I think that is why I am calm because I do not feel alone.
Old 11-15-2010, 04:52 PM   #91
LipstickLola

How Do You Identify?:
Happy
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

LipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST Reputation

Kats
This procedure may be 'routine' to the folks who do them, but not to the people are having the procedure! Waiting to hear the results and wishing you the best of everything.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LipstickLola For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2010, 06:05 PM   #92
1PlayfulFemme

How Do You Identify?:
An Unwitting Thread Derailer!
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, femme through and through
Relationship Status:
She is my soul.

Thanked 2,362 Times in 697 Posts
1PlayfulFemme Has the BEST Reputation1PlayfulFemme Has the BEST Reputation1PlayfulFemme Has the BEST Reputation1PlayfulFemme Has the BEST Reputation1PlayfulFemme Has the BEST Reputation1PlayfulFemme Has the BEST Reputation1PlayfulFemme Has the BEST Reputation1PlayfulFemme Has the BEST Reputation1PlayfulFemme Has the BEST Reputation1PlayfulFemme Has the BEST Reputation1PlayfulFemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by LipstickLola View Post
Kats
This procedure may be 'routine' to the folks who do them, but not to the people are having the procedure! Waiting to hear the results and wishing you the best of everything.
{{{ Kats }}}

I will never forget the moment I found my lump. I felt it, and everything froze. My fingers went straight back to it. And again. And again. I couldn't believe it. It wasn't possible. I was barely 30. I had my lover feel (She's an RN). I watched her face. I knew the moment she realized it wasn't just fiberous tissue or a fatty tumor. I watched the wrinkles form above her brow. And I cried.

I knew I needed a mammogram. And I put it off. And off. And off. I kept going back to that damned lump tho. And yet, I put it off. My friends, my family, my wife, encouraged me to get myself to the doctor, and quick. And yet, it was MY journey, my lump, my body, my breasts, and MY TIME.

I was so freaking scared. I was petrified. I cried so much. Finally, four months later, I made myself get a mammogram. And, I am one of the lucky ones.

The point of this, I hope, is that you will take away some hope! My lump is just a lump. Nothing bad living inside it. I am due for another mammogram in a couple of months, and we will make sure I am still fine. But, I will go into this one with hope!!! Take that with you when you go for your biopsy. Go in with hope instead of dread, carry it with you like a sheild.

Good luck, Sweetheart. I wish you nothing but positive experiences!!! May you be quickly seen, and quickly relieved of your worry!! My PMs are always open if you need to chat!

*Hugs*

Lis
1PlayfulFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 1PlayfulFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2010, 06:41 PM   #93
katsarecool

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Woman
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1PlayfulFemme View Post
{{{ Kats }}}

I will never forget the moment I found my lump. I felt it, and everything froze. My fingers went straight back to it. And again. And again. I couldn't believe it. It wasn't possible. I was barely 30. I had my lover feel (She's an RN). I watched her face. I knew the moment she realized it wasn't just fiberous tissue or a fatty tumor. I watched the wrinkles form above her brow. And I cried.

I knew I needed a mammogram. And I put it off. And off. And off. I kept going back to that damned lump tho. And yet, I put it off. My friends, my family, my wife, encouraged me to get myself to the doctor, and quick. And yet, it was MY journey, my lump, my body, my breasts, and MY TIME.

I was so freaking scared. I was petrified. I cried so much. Finally, four months later, I made myself get a mammogram. And, I am one of the lucky ones.

The point of this, I hope, is that you will take away some hope! My lump is just a lump. Nothing bad living inside it. I am due for another mammogram in a couple of months, and we will make sure I am still fine. But, I will go into this one with hope!!! Take that with you when you go for your biopsy. Go in with hope instead of dread, carry it with you like a sheild.

Good luck, Sweetheart. I wish you nothing but positive experiences!!! May you be quickly seen, and quickly relieved of your worry!! My PMs are always open if you need to chat!

*Hugs*

Lis
Thank you Lis!!!! I do understand that fear and wanting to put off the mammogram. I bet you were terrified. But how wonderful you are ok!!!!
Old 11-15-2010, 06:51 PM   #94
Miss Scarlett
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

Thanked 12,949 Times in 3,419 Posts
Miss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST Reputation

(((((katsarekool))))) Good for you for taking charge of things. I too will be sending plenty of energy and light your way.
Miss Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Miss Scarlett For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2010, 03:31 PM   #95
katsarecool

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Woman
Relationship Status:
Single

This is the video of the test I will be having Thursday morning. It is not for the faint of heart to see this. Until yesterday I had never even heard of this diagnostic test for calcifications in the breast. Turns out this test has been around since the 1990s. I feel more comfortable about it after seeing this video. I am even happier that Emory University is doing the test. Heres the link on YouTube:

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69cNo1h5pzc&feature=share"]YouTube - Stereotactic Biopsy - Diagnostic and Biopsy Services for Breast Evaluation[/nomedia]
Old 11-16-2010, 03:51 PM   #96
scootebaby
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
yes dear
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Thanked 6,737 Times in 1,777 Posts
scootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputation

thought i'd pop in and let everyione know Jo went in to get results from her follow up mammo and all is well...i went in after her to get results and seems they found a mass on both breasts so i gotta go thurs for another mammogram...not too worried tho bc i know things start to form after awhile that arent dangerous...of course i have 3 weeks to wait AFTER i do the test tho for results....luckily i am the type that gets sidetracked easily so i wont be driving myself or my sweetie insane in those 3 weeks..

Kat....Jo and i will be sending good energy your way on thursday...good luck!
scootebaby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to scootebaby For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2010, 03:53 PM   #97
LipstickLola

How Do You Identify?:
Happy
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Quote:
This is the video of the test I will be having Thursday morning. It is not for the faint of heart to see this. Until yesterday I had never even heard of this diagnostic test for calcifications in the breast. Turns out this test has been around since the 1990s. I feel more comfortable about it after seeing this video. I am even happier that Emory University is doing the test. Heres the link on YouTube:

YouTube - Stereotactic Biopsy - Diagnostic and Biopsy Services for Breast Evaluation
This is good, although I'm not crazy about this techologists' "sterile technique"
Are you going to take a mild sedative? a little Xanax? Valium? even a Benadryl would be a little relaxation to just take the edge off of nerves etc. The more relaxed, the easier it will be for you!

(((((Kats)))))
Old 11-16-2010, 08:48 PM   #98
katsarecool

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Woman
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
Originally Posted by scootebaby View Post
thought i'd pop in and let everyione know Jo went in to get results from her follow up mammo and all is well...i went in after her to get results and seems they found a mass on both breasts so i gotta go thurs for another mammogram...not too worried tho bc i know things start to form after awhile that arent dangerous...of course i have 3 weeks to wait AFTER i do the test tho for results....luckily i am the type that gets sidetracked easily so i wont be driving myself or my sweetie insane in those 3 weeks..

Kat....Jo and i will be sending good energy your way on thursday...good luck!
Thinking positive thoughts for you!!!!!!!!!!!! Three weeks is a long time to wait!!! Bless your heart!

Lipstick, no sedation for me. I will take my loritab though.
Old 11-18-2010, 10:07 AM   #99
katsarecool

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Woman
Relationship Status:
Single

Okay back at home now. The radiologist and technician at Emory University Hospital were awesome!!!!!! They knew exactly what they were doing and had humor too. It was not comfortable; it lasted 45 min and I am in a bit of pain. Thanks for Vicodin! They were not able to get all the lesion but did successfully get five core specimens and place a titanium marker. Now we wait till Tuesday or Wed for the results. I am glad it is over!
Old 11-20-2010, 05:46 PM   #100
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:
Married and Bound to Tommi's kaijira (Ts_kaijira )

1 Highscore

Location: Suthun.... California that is. Across the ridge from Laguna Beach.
Thanked 21,337 Times in 5,968 Posts
Tommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Arrow The Nile and Denial

What a proactive group we have here. Awesome that I see ya'll doing research, and follow-up's and return visits and just being aware.

I know enough to be dangerous and enough to be scared. So, I am grateful for this thread, as it has reminded me of the importance of doing what many like me hesitate doing. I can tell the ladies to go have those Mammo's and when it comes to me...ahh..well...I can just say, I have to get off my soapbox and go do it myself. Denial is not that river in Egypt.

Glad to be here, and see all of you too.
Tommi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post: