Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Current Affairs/World Issues/Science And History

Old 08-27-2011, 08:11 PM   #81
gaea

How Do You Identify?:
femme

Thanked 14,363 Times in 3,381 Posts
gaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputation
Default I am in California

and i can say people i know here as well as myself were not laughing about the earthquake, a 6.0 here does damage can do a great deal of damage the loma prieta quake of 89 killed tons of people and it was a 6.0....earthquakes of that magnitude are not any fun no matter where your at.
I was glued to the news that day and im glued to the news now watching the hurricane travel up the east coast. I probably wont sleep well tonight.
I have many good friends here on the planet and on fb that live on the east coast and i am worried about all of you.
This hurricane has also spun off several tornadoes....also not fun been through a few of those too.
Please all of you stay safe...

Courage: the willingness to risk who you are for who you want to be and what you have for what you want

You're not who your past says you are, you are who you choose to be today moving forward.
gaea is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to gaea For This Useful Post:
Old 08-27-2011, 08:16 PM   #82
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,892 Times in 5,770 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation
Arrow

Wind is really starting to whip up here! We currently have a tornado warning, so I think we might head to the basement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywalker View Post
I am reminded by those on my friends feed that while folks are getting
themselves to safety on the East Coast ~ they drive by many
homeless folks that have no where to go for safety.

In Philly the mayor is calling for homeless people to come to the emergency shelters. He is asking that people use their cell phones to call for assistance if they see a homeless person on the streets, so that someone can go out and bring them to a shelter.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 08-27-2011, 08:44 PM   #83
Laerkin

How Do You Identify?:
Girlie with a touch of bossy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, but not hung up on the details
Relationship Status:
Parenting our furry family with SmoothButch

3 Highscores

Laerkin Has the BEST ReputationLaerkin Has the BEST ReputationLaerkin Has the BEST ReputationLaerkin Has the BEST ReputationLaerkin Has the BEST ReputationLaerkin Has the BEST ReputationLaerkin Has the BEST ReputationLaerkin Has the BEST ReputationLaerkin Has the BEST ReputationLaerkin Has the BEST ReputationLaerkin Has the BEST Reputation

We've had rain since 10am, so almost 13 hours of nonstop rain/wind. It's definitely getting crazy sounding out there!

Trying to stay awake as the worst of it passes through, but getting SOOO tired. I think my dreams will be filled with Doppler radar and rain band weather maps for the next few days.
Laerkin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Laerkin For This Useful Post:
Old 08-27-2011, 09:12 PM   #84
loremar

How Do You Identify?:
Nerdz
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Single

loremar Has the BEST Reputationloremar Has the BEST Reputationloremar Has the BEST Reputationloremar Has the BEST Reputationloremar Has the BEST Reputationloremar Has the BEST Reputationloremar Has the BEST Reputationloremar Has the BEST Reputationloremar Has the BEST Reputationloremar Has the BEST Reputationloremar Has the BEST Reputation

This is bad news for americans in the east coast.
Here in Philippines. We experience a lot of typhoons. Big ones killed a lot of people.
loremar is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to loremar For This Useful Post:
Old 08-27-2011, 09:14 PM   #85
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,872 Times in 7,835 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

I've been refreshing CNN and the weather channel - Anyone have a better resource for hurricane news?
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 09:17 PM   #86
AlphaDrug

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Female
Relationship Status:
Fresh Meat

AlphaDrug Has the BEST ReputationAlphaDrug Has the BEST ReputationAlphaDrug Has the BEST ReputationAlphaDrug Has the BEST ReputationAlphaDrug Has the BEST ReputationAlphaDrug Has the BEST ReputationAlphaDrug Has the BEST ReputationAlphaDrug Has the BEST ReputationAlphaDrug Has the BEST ReputationAlphaDrug Has the BEST ReputationAlphaDrug Has the BEST Reputation

I just lost power... posting from my phone... home alone... so not cool. I want to cry.
No day but today!"
AlphaDrug is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to AlphaDrug For This Useful Post:
Old 08-27-2011, 09:17 PM   #87
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
I've been refreshing CNN and the weather channel - Anyone have a better resource for hurricane news?
MSNBC is doing an all nighter on the hurricane.
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 08-27-2011, 09:20 PM   #88
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laerkin View Post
We've had rain since 10am, so almost 13 hours of nonstop rain/wind. It's definitely getting crazy sounding out there!

Trying to stay awake as the worst of it passes through, but getting SOOO tired. I think my dreams will be filled with Doppler radar and rain band weather maps for the next few days.
Laerkin, the worst of it kicks in after midnight. So, go to sleep so you can wake up early when it is worse.

P.S. Tornado alert done here :-)

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 08-27-2011, 09:25 PM   #89
BBinNYC

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Fine with he or she. Just don't call me late for dinner.
Relationship Status:
married to the best femme in the world

Tournaments Won: 2

BBinNYC Has the BEST ReputationBBinNYC Has the BEST ReputationBBinNYC Has the BEST ReputationBBinNYC Has the BEST ReputationBBinNYC Has the BEST ReputationBBinNYC Has the BEST ReputationBBinNYC Has the BEST ReputationBBinNYC Has the BEST ReputationBBinNYC Has the BEST ReputationBBinNYC Has the BEST ReputationBBinNYC Has the BEST Reputation
Default We're still ok here

All is well in Manhattan, although this storm is giving me a massive case of the munchies. And all the food Jennifer buys is healthy! No ice cream, no cake, no Chinese food.

Anyway, we are fine and will probably sleep through the worsening storm til the morning.

BBinNYC
Old 08-27-2011, 09:43 PM   #90
gaea

How Do You Identify?:
femme

gaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywalker View Post
I am reminded by those on my friends feed that while folks are getting
themselves to safety on the East Coast ~ they drive by many
homeless folks that have no where to go for safety.

Why is this not a part of the Big Plan?
People are People are People.

I imagine them bouncing balls in their driveways and waving to the
mailman in their youth...and now they are at a state of being...erased.
I implore the Gov't of each state to remind themselves that they may
have played ball with some of these folks when they were young
and not even know it when they drive by...leaving them behind.

I asked about that as well what about the homeless???? i was assured that Virginia opened all of their shelters...i pray no one is stuck out in this , i pray the homeless found shelter...i pray for no more deaths...maybe all the states opened up their shelters...maybe kind people stepped up and took someone or two someones home with them, i know i would do that.

Courage: the willingness to risk who you are for who you want to be and what you have for what you want

You're not who your past says you are, you are who you choose to be today moving forward.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gaea For This Useful Post:
Old 08-27-2011, 09:46 PM   #91
gaea

How Do You Identify?:
femme

Quote:
not sure if the weather channel is on the internet however they are doing all night coverage as well...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gaea For This Useful Post:
Old 08-27-2011, 09:47 PM   #92
Oiler41

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him
Relationship Status:
Happily Single!

Thanked 2,574 Times in 790 Posts
Oiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
The National Hurricane Center:

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/

They get their updates from the Hurricane Hunters and will usually update every two hours during an active storm. This is where all the television stations get their updates.

Glynn
Oiler41 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Oiler41 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-27-2011, 09:49 PM   #93
Oiler41

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him
Relationship Status:
Happily Single!

Thanked 2,574 Times in 790 Posts
Oiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST Reputation

Wishing everyone on the East Coast a safe, albeit long, evening ahead. Been there, done that, through living in hurricane country ever again. Just hunker down and hang on.

Glynn
Oiler41 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Oiler41 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-27-2011, 09:51 PM   #94
ScandalAndy

How Do You Identify?:
human femme spitfire
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
it's official!

Thanked 3,220 Times in 753 Posts
ScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST Reputation

getting a fair amount of rain and gusts. Watching the water level in the backyard, it's about 4 inches from the top of the step. Still have power, but keeping the phone and computer on the charger just in case.

Please keep checking in, all. I'm worrying about you!!
Old 08-27-2011, 10:03 PM   #95
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaea View Post
I asked about that as well what about the homeless???? i was assured that Virginia opened all of their shelters...i pray no one is stuck out in this , i pray the homeless found shelter...i pray for no more deaths...maybe all the states opened up their shelters...maybe kind people stepped up and took someone or two someones home with them, i know i would do that.
Just an FYI to help you sleep.... Delaware has enough shelters to cover all of the homeless (meaning, on a regular basis, not just during this storm). Here, any homeless person who sleeps on the streets does so by choice(usually it is due to mental illness). Some shelters require that everyone be in by 10:00pm. This weekend that requirement is lifted, so people can come in at any time.

I really do think that most states have made extra housing available to the homeless during this storm. My concern is the mentally ill who will refuse the assistance due to paranoia.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 08-27-2011, 10:05 PM   #96
JazzGirl

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Feminine pronouns
Relationship Status:
Not looking

JazzGirl Has the BEST ReputationJazzGirl Has the BEST ReputationJazzGirl Has the BEST ReputationJazzGirl Has the BEST ReputationJazzGirl Has the BEST ReputationJazzGirl Has the BEST ReputationJazzGirl Has the BEST ReputationJazzGirl Has the BEST ReputationJazzGirl Has the BEST ReputationJazzGirl Has the BEST ReputationJazzGirl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaDivina View Post
Did your daughter make it out of Marshfield? I just got an email saying they're suspending all MBTA services starting at 8:00 tomorrow morning.
http://mbta.com/about_the_mbta/news_...2&month=&year=
I got a call from her at 10:25p.m.

She has a friend driving down from Haverhill to pick her up. She is riding out the storm there. She leaves Marshfield any time now. I told her if the phones are overloaded she could text if the cell towers are still operable. I am SO relieved she will be safe. I know Haverhill isn't far from the ocean but it is at least not 4 miles away from it. Thank you so much for asking about her. Thank you for the MBTA updates. I'll text that info to her. You are an angel for passing this on to me!

Exceedingly grateful,
Jazzie

" Love makes your soul crawl out from its hiding place." ~Zora Neale Hurston

"Talk to yourself from the perspective of truly being willing to do whatever it takes rather than relying on the same old excuses that keep you from making those changes. You'll be thrilled with yourself when you adopt an 'I'm willing' attitude."

— Dr. Wayne Dyer

JazzGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to JazzGirl For This Useful Post:
Old 08-27-2011, 10:08 PM   #97
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaDrug View Post
I just lost power... posting from my phone... home alone... so not cool. I want to cry.
Hang in there. Call a friend so that you feel less alone. When things calm down outside, go to a friend's place.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 08-27-2011, 10:11 PM   #98
MissItalianDiva

How Do You Identify?:
Miss Twiggy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious and that shit doesn't sound atrocious!
Relationship Status:
divorce happens..all that glitters ain't gold

Thanked 7,161 Times in 1,793 Posts
MissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST Reputation

Just got word from my family in Staten Island who chose to stay and ride things out....the rain and wind is getting very bad and trees are starting to snap

Stay safe everyone!
MissItalianDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to MissItalianDiva For This Useful Post:
Old 08-27-2011, 10:29 PM   #99
JazzGirl

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Feminine pronouns
Relationship Status:
Not looking

JazzGirl Has the BEST ReputationJazzGirl Has the BEST ReputationJazzGirl Has the BEST ReputationJazzGirl Has the BEST ReputationJazzGirl Has the BEST ReputationJazzGirl Has the BEST ReputationJazzGirl Has the BEST ReputationJazzGirl Has the BEST ReputationJazzGirl Has the BEST ReputationJazzGirl Has the BEST ReputationJazzGirl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissItalianDiva View Post
Just got word from my family in Staten Island who chose to stay and ride things out....the rain and wind is getting very bad and trees are starting to snap

Stay safe everyone!

Praying for protection for all from Irene. I hope they have
no issues from her.

Jazzie

" Love makes your soul crawl out from its hiding place." ~Zora Neale Hurston

"Talk to yourself from the perspective of truly being willing to do whatever it takes rather than relying on the same old excuses that keep you from making those changes. You'll be thrilled with yourself when you adopt an 'I'm willing' attitude."

— Dr. Wayne Dyer

JazzGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JazzGirl For This Useful Post:
Old 08-27-2011, 10:35 PM   #100
gaea

How Do You Identify?:
femme

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
Just an FYI to help you sleep.... Delaware has enough shelters to cover all of the homeless (meaning, on a regular basis, not just during this storm). Here, any homeless person who sleeps on the streets does so by choice(usually it is due to mental illness). Some shelters require that everyone be in by 10:00pm. This weekend that requirement is lifted, so people can come in at any time.

I really do think that most states have made extra housing available to the homeless during this storm. My concern is the mentally ill who will refuse the assistance due to paranoia.
NYC opened up all their shelters they have room for 90 thousand, i hope people who needed the shelter found it.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to gaea For This Useful Post: