Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > In The News

Old 10-06-2012, 12:23 PM   #81
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 18,367 Times in 4,171 Posts
Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJo View Post
The President certainly wasn't at his best in the first debate, even he knows that, but I don't think it's a problem at all.. . .

For me, for the first time in my life, I'm voting straight Democratic ticket. Period.
It's not affecting my vote. But I wondered what happened and wasn't pleased with what I learned.

They only have eight years in the job at the most. They can sleep when they're out of office. I know they need to recharge, etc. But I am not impressed. Or with the press conference infrequency. I am going to vote for the man, but I hope that Michelle or someone kicked his ass.

I understand that Eisenhower was depressed. We all know that W. slept half his life away. But, unless you ARE depressed -- and then, get treatment -- it's not too much to expect full engagement at the BIG events. Good god. No damned excuse for phoning it in. I do wonder if his speech writers/prep staff are partly to blame. I don't know. But he wasn't on fire for the Democratic Convention either. Get over it. There's just a little bit at stake here.
Martina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 12:24 PM   #82
BullDog
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Dominant Stone Butch Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 22,782 Times in 4,469 Posts
BullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST Reputation

I thought President Obama would play it conservative but also expected him to do much better than he did. It makes me nervous because of the high stakes of the election, as Martina said. He seems to be back on track, at least on his stump speeches. There may be some people who tuned in and got what they needed from Romney to decide to vote for him, but is it enough to win the election for him? I don't think so, but yes it makes me nervous.

Romney lied through his teeth and yep I think he got short-term gain out of it, but the lies will come back to bite him.

I am also wondering about the Big Bird effect. The conservatives have been trying to get rid of public television since the days of Nixon. I think that was Romney throwing the far right a bone. But it isn't going to play too well with parents and others who care about children. I have read in several places that where his 47% remarks hurt him the most in swing states was among working class/lower income women. I think his Big Bird remarks just reinforces how out of touch he is and doesn't understand regular people.

The conservative meltdown over the unemployment rate yesterday was fun to watch. Seriously, how the Republican party has any shred of credibility left is beyond me. Mitt now says what he said about the 47% was completely wrong. Yeah 17 days after the tape is released the new Moderate Mitt admits he was wrong. Ho hum. Anyway, I am not seeing much out of the Romney camp following the debate that shows further momentum to me. I will be watching the polls that come out next week.

I don't know if it will have a lot of impact on the election, but I am looking forward to the Biden-Ryan debate. I don't think Biden will let Ryan hide from his budget or continue to give lame excuses why he can't give details on the Romney tax plan because he doesn't have time or the math is too complicated or that people will be bored. It should be interesting. Biden does make gaffes from time to time, but he knows his stuff and is extremely loyal to the President. I am not so sure Ryan is that loyal to Romney. He is young and hoping for a long successful career. His views are quite extreme, and I don't know if he is as good at dancing around the issues and flat out lying the way Romney is.

- Rainer Maria Rilke
BullDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BullDog For This Useful Post:
Old 10-06-2012, 12:31 PM   #83
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullDog View Post
I have read in several places that where his 47% remarks hurt him the most in swing states was among working class/lower income women.
So far the debates haven't given Romney much of a bump in the polls except on the specific issue of caring about the middle class. He got a huge bump on that issue.

Totally agree re Big Bird and interesting point re Ryan's loyalty. I am looking forward to Biden on fire. Even if he fumbles a time or two, he's going to be FUN to watch.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Martina For This Useful Post:
Old 10-06-2012, 12:39 PM   #84
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Obama is on the tail end of the baby boomer generation and beginning of Gen X. God knows boomers are self-indulgent and whiny (*points to self*). But I am sorry. You get over that in extremis. On the battlefield. On call for three nights in a row in a surgical rotation. You get tough. I am sure that the President has toughened up. But I can't imagine Hillary succumbing to a mood when a big event was coming up. I can imagine her being irritable, but she would rise to the fucking occasion.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Martina For This Useful Post:
Old 10-06-2012, 08:33 PM   #85
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
I’m definitely not yours.

Thanked 32,116 Times in 9,996 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

I am so appreciative of the commentary that members here make about issues arising from the Democratic and Republican campaigns for US presidency. I especially appreciate Bulldog and Martina’s perspective and often find myself utilizing the way they filter the political process via their own unique system of filtering the latest and ongoing political events.

I came across Martina’s post in another forum thread on the 2012 election. Martina found three articles and of those three, the article published in The New Yorker – “Transaction Man: Mormonism, private equity, and the making of a candidate” – was very interesting read in that author, Nicholas Lemann, epitomized Mormon culture to a T. Lemann’s October 1st literary pièce de résistance was framed as a 4-part orchestral arrangement to the tune of: Church, Business, Politics, and The Rescuer (Link to article found, here)

As I read that article, I sat nodding my head in agreement with most of thematic tone and intent conveyed throughout the entire essay. When I got to the three final paragraphs, which describe in MBA lexicon how Romnean synaptic cells seem to not bond with the pubic in cerebral ways, the first thing I thought of was this: What is missing from this essay? Why did Lemann end his article with the synaptic allegory? Was he hoping to facilitate a synaptic hookup for Romney? And, at least 20 more questions came to mind that I cannot even give public utterance to except, do any of you remember that The New Yorker in the 2008 election coverage pressed political hot-buttons with their brand of satire (the front cover image of Obama dressed as a Muslim)??? Yeah, I doubt if they pull a stunt like that again, in light of what happened recently that cost a US ambassador his life and the lives of those caught in the cross-fire of the latest political upheaval in the Middle East.

This election is even more personal for me than the last one was. I grew up in a rural community where, at the time, Mormons comprised at least 90% of the population. The other 10% were comprised of German, Dutch, English and a small sampling of Irish and Scottish based households. The single most relative connection shared among all households was the idea that most familial structures were patrilineal by design; however, my family seemed to be the statistical troublemaker in that my mother’s lineage was of matrilineal design which often competed against the patrilineal structure internally as well as externally – a ‘Molotav cocktail’ (conflict of authority), as seen rather frequently in our household. Although my family was not Mormon, the school district that serviced my rural community was heavily proselytized by Mormons, so I totally get the socio-political cultural piece of Mormonism and what it means in terms of deep political connections to small and big business across the American landscape.

Since the first debate (and there’s one tonight, yes?) and ongoing press coverage of the presidential race, I find myself holding my breath and fine tuning my own filters by calling upon my large cache of life experience and academic achievements. One thing seems for certain, in the sea of political uncertainty over the past few weeks: There is a lot at stake in this presidential election. I appreciate the tremendous investment of time and energy Obama expends not only in his presidential campaign, but also in his brand of leadership.

______ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 10-06-2012, 10:58 PM   #86
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

this is the god's truth -- and it is funny too

Daily Show "You Broke Chris Matthews" segment

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/th...rt-thou--pt--2
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Martina For This Useful Post:
Old 10-07-2012, 09:57 AM   #87
DanieClarke
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
14 yrs post op
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hey you
Relationship Status:
single

DanieClarke Has the BEST ReputationDanieClarke Has the BEST ReputationDanieClarke Has the BEST ReputationDanieClarke Has the BEST ReputationDanieClarke Has the BEST ReputationDanieClarke Has the BEST ReputationDanieClarke Has the BEST ReputationDanieClarke Has the BEST ReputationDanieClarke Has the BEST ReputationDanieClarke Has the BEST ReputationDanieClarke Has the BEST Reputation

hey romney is sucking more money from the conservatives so let him pretend to be back in the game so the other senators etc etc don't get any $
DanieClarke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DanieClarke For This Useful Post:
Old 10-07-2012, 01:05 PM   #88
ruffryder

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
guy ones
Relationship Status:

Thanked 9,678 Times in 2,875 Posts
ruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputation

Obama was so poorly prepared or was that what he wanted everyone to see and think? Could it have helped him by letting Romney talk and talk and spew his spiel. Could it be Obama hasn't debated in 4 years and he actually wasn't prepared?

Perhaps Romney may have initially, with this first debate, won some of the independent votes and the votes of those sitting on the fence wondering where the hell to cast their vote with this torn up economy and who to put their faith in for the next 4 - 8 years.

While watching the debate and at first I thought, "Wow! Romney dude, you won that debate. You gave the American people what they wanted to hear and you were quite poised and confident." He came across well versed, prepared, and confident. What he is saying, I agree with and like. But now I'm thinking maybe Obama's campaign and those that assisted him with his debate wanted it to look that way. . Too good to be true for what Romney promises? Let's leave America wondering about this Romney character. Maybe that's why Obama tended to look like a deer in headlights or bored or like, "Shit, I may just hand over the Presidency and walk away like an animal with it's tail between it's legs." This worried me to see this in our Commanding Chief Officer. Both candidates wrote notes. Romney seemed to use his at the first debate and the President, well he seemed to tuck them away to discuss with his team later and perhaps save for another debate.

I believe all politicians tell people what they want to hear. I don't like the numbers of unemployment, the numbers of high prices and gasoline, the numbers of low wages, etc.. I do agree with Romney and that the main concern is getting people back to work, and not just minimum wage and part time jobs but real careers where there is training, incentives, and being able to live the American dream and not just paycheck to paycheck. I want to hear more about specifics on their plans.. I want to hear how they plan on creating new jobs. I want to hear how all this funding not used on war now will be used. I actually look forward to the next debates and seeing Romney spew more and Obama gaining confidence back with the American people. Some one on Face The Nation this morning said something in relation to that it didn't matter who won the debate, America wins! I think we are all ready for something to change in this economy and these candidates see that.
ruffryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:31 AM   #89
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Looks like he got a bump. It still might go up another point or two, I heard. So it's a horse race.
Old 10-11-2012, 07:12 PM   #90
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,872 Times in 7,835 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

Biden is in full bulldog mode and is burning this motherfucker up right now.

Y'all watching?
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 10-11-2012, 07:15 PM   #91
DMW

How Do You Identify?:
FTM/Male (Will 14)
Relationship Status:
Caught An Angel and she doesn't lie!

Thanked 1,861 Times in 614 Posts
DMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST Reputation

Tell em the truth Joe. Don't let me down dammit. Say it and don't back down.
Stand Up JOE> Go Joe
DMW is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DMW For This Useful Post:
Old 10-11-2012, 08:10 PM   #92
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,791 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

Biden is wiping the floor with Ryan.

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 10-11-2012, 08:14 PM   #93
julieisafemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Married to Greyson

Thanked 3,445 Times in 660 Posts
julieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Bill Maher tweeted "Hello 9-1-1? There's an old man beating a child on my tv."
julieisafemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to julieisafemme For This Useful Post:
Old 10-11-2012, 08:18 PM   #94
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Ryan is making himself look like a snivelling, snorting asshole young kid who doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground.

Biden is busting his ass. Wholly.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 10-11-2012, 08:33 PM   #95
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:

*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
Ryan is making himself look like a snivelling, snorting asshole young kid who doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground.

Biden is busting his ass. Wholly.
Uh, that's because Ryan doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground!

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 10-11-2012, 08:37 PM   #96
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,892 Times in 5,770 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Yeehaw to the Delaware boy! Show them how it's done!

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 10-11-2012, 08:43 PM   #97
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Damn. I need a huge fucking cigarette after watching that.

Biden was succinct, passionate, smart and let none of that bullshit fly by. THAT is the kind of shit I want to see coming out of our Presidential team.

Now, let's sit back and wait for the left to holler that the debate was "fixed" and that the moderator was on Biden's side.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 10-11-2012, 09:00 PM   #98
princessbelle
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme ones

Thanked 30,503 Times in 5,201 Posts
princessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputation

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh I loved it!!!! I'm so glad that Vice President Biden is on our team.

Medusa...i smoked enough cigarettes for both of us. I was walking the floor with a pom pom in one hand and a cigarette, or two, in the other.

I don't think that the republicans will admit defeat, though. Just because Ryan kept talking. Even though it was a load of bullshyt.

I do believe Biden won for sure. He did make Ryan look silly at times. Especially with Afghanistan. I don't think Ryan has a clue. He's a politician though. A good one. He talks in circles.

I just hope and pray the undecided see through the rhetoric of what Ryan said which was full of holes and lies and ridiculous no-plan ideas.

*fingers crossed.

Extra prayer sent out there for the next Presidential debate. Come on President Obama, we need you to keep this energy going..... WE NEED YOU TO SHINE!!!!!!
Maya Angelou
princessbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to princessbelle For This Useful Post:
Old 10-11-2012, 09:05 PM   #99
BullDog
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Dominant Stone Butch Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 22,782 Times in 4,469 Posts
BullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST Reputation

Malarkey

Word!

Way to go Joe!

- Rainer Maria Rilke
BullDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to BullDog For This Useful Post:
Old 10-11-2012, 09:10 PM   #100
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post

Now, let's sit back and wait for the left to holler that the debate was "fixed" and that the moderator was on Biden's side.
I believe you meant the right will be whining about a fix.

I can just hear Fox News right now.

If I could actually stomach listening to Fox, that is.

~Washington Post

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post: