Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Current Affairs/World Issues/Science And History

Old 10-27-2012, 08:53 PM   #81
BullDog
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Dominant Stone Butch Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 22,783 Times in 4,469 Posts
BullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST Reputation

Stay safe everyone! And those in the path, please keep checking in when you can so we know you are ok.

- Rainer Maria Rilke
BullDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BullDog For This Useful Post:
Old 10-27-2012, 08:59 PM   #82
BrutalDaddy

How Do You Identify?:
Her Asshole.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Him, hym, he, whatever.
Relationship Status:
Bitch has no more excuses now.

Thanked 2,785 Times in 499 Posts
BrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST Reputation

500 more miles to go until I reach Distribution Center which will put me smack dab in middle of it. Lol.

Am hoping it will take a last minute turn too and not just for my sake but for everyone who will be in it's path.

Keeping Fingers Crossed,
Brute.
BrutalDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BrutalDaddy For This Useful Post:
Old 10-27-2012, 09:05 PM   #83
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,206 Times in 3,029 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

I feel like by tomorrow I'll have a better idea of what to expect.
I lucked out during Irene. I had a foot of flooding, but that was nothing compared to many towns just a few miles from me. Our farms are just scratching the surface of recovering from major disasters last year and I worry more for them than I do for myself.

I'll be bringing in my lawn furniture, have food in the house, need to get some batteries. I landlord a house with two apartments so I'm trying to make sure they are ready too, having lawn furniture in, etc.

Think I'll use the morning tomorrow to finish catching up on laundry. The freezing bags of water idea was great- thanks for that. I can do that.

The kid and I both have a stack of books from the library, head lamps, and a dog to keep us warm.

Think I'll be good...
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 10-27-2012, 10:22 PM   #84
Hollylane
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 26,372 Times in 5,877 Posts
Hollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST Reputation

I don't want to over-dramatize the situation...Gaige is still unconcerned, she's groovy cool like that...I'm reading more about it, and not liking what I am seeing. Working for the power company in Portland has me thinking about extended power and communication outages...
Hollylane is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Hollylane For This Useful Post:
Old 10-27-2012, 10:56 PM   #85
GreeneyedMe

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Sweet Femme ones
Relationship Status:
Peeking around the corner...

Thanked 4,375 Times in 804 Posts
GreeneyedMe Has the BEST ReputationGreeneyedMe Has the BEST ReputationGreeneyedMe Has the BEST ReputationGreeneyedMe Has the BEST ReputationGreeneyedMe Has the BEST ReputationGreeneyedMe Has the BEST ReputationGreeneyedMe Has the BEST ReputationGreeneyedMe Has the BEST ReputationGreeneyedMe Has the BEST ReputationGreeneyedMe Has the BEST ReputationGreeneyedMe Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default Never did I think I would see this...

Old 10-27-2012, 11:09 PM   #86
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,714 Times in 7,724 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreeneyedMe View Post
Saying prayers and holding positive thoughts for everyone of the people in those areas....this is huge...WOW!!....
Old 10-27-2012, 11:17 PM   #87
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,714 Times in 7,724 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I wanted to add into things to get stocked up on...
EXTRA MEDICINES ( Rx'ed and OTC)
ATM for CASH...have plenty on hand if possible, esp. IF power outages in your area!!!

It is of comfort to see everyone taking the precautions, stockpiling, and doing the stuff to prepare!!!

Big hugs...please all check in and let us know you are all safe!!!...
Old 10-28-2012, 12:03 AM   #88
Dance-with-me

How Do You Identify?:
Femme

Thanked 1,926 Times in 378 Posts
Dance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreeneyedMe View Post
If you're a hurricane/nor'easter virgin, please please please stay completely away from The Weather Channel and weather.com, as well as away from local news stations except to find out thing such as closings, local government declarations, etc. graphics such as this ine are a perfect example of the extreme degree that those places will sensationalize tpepwhat is going on, because they will make more money if they can scare the crap out of you and keep you glued to their channel.

Instead go directly to the national hurricane canter and get the real updates - www.nhc.noaa.gov. Wunderground.com is also good at not sensationalizing it, and I regularly read Dr. Jeff Matthews blog for analysis (link on first page). Yes, this is a potentially serious storm, but no need to try and figure out what's really going in from the company that has been caught with some of their reporters pretending to be struggling against a stein wind for the camera!
Old 10-28-2012, 12:18 AM   #89
Dance-with-me

How Do You Identify?:
Femme

Dance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST Reputation

Don't forget pet food!

If you have a well, or you are in an area that uses pumped water instead of a gravity-based system, fill the tub full with water in addition typo the drinking water that you have saved, because you may need that for flushing your toilet.

Once the storm starts, nplug ALL non-critical electronics and appliances. It's not lightning that present the bigges risk, it's power fluctuations and "brown outs" which are common in big storms.

If you are a multi cell phine house, if the power goes out, keep only one on at a time and really conserve the battery in that one. If you have a land-line and don't already have a regular corded phone that doesn't have to be plugged in, get one.

Fill a cooler with ice and put your "can't live without these things" essentials In it, then if the power goes out, do not open your fridge/freezer for any reason! also helps to completely pack your freezer with ice - just fill up a bunch of plastic containers, water/soda bottles, or anything else that will hold water

If you have kids there, think through in advance about games and activities. Buy several things for them that you can pull out one at a time while the weather is out to help alleviate boredom and stress.

Buy nutella and wine.
Old 10-28-2012, 05:53 AM   #90
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Dang. I do not have nutella or wine!
Have pet food but should probably get more.
I don't know, I look at one report and we're going to get blasted and another and we're going to be on the outskirts.
Hard to say.

Stay safe everyone!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 10-28-2012, 05:57 AM   #91
Dance-with-me

How Do You Identify?:
Femme

Quote:
Originally Posted by easygoingfemme View Post
Dang. I do not have nutella or wine!
Have pet food but should probably get more.
I don't know, I look at one report and we're going to get blasted and another and we're going to be on the outskirts.
Hard to say.

Stay safe everyone!
This is the Current projected tracking map, showing it coming through there as tropical storm. Looks like it wouldn't hurt to be fairly well prepared.

http://www.wunderground.com/tropical...1218_5day.html
Old 10-28-2012, 06:11 AM   #92
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,666 Times in 7,654 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

Been tracking with the NHC as well. Seems they havent changed much in the forecast or the projected path. Speed is picking up as expected. Still expected to make a dramatic hook west just south of here. High wind warnings and coastal flooding warnings are up here.

Am used to nor'easters and tropical storms. Have been having a lot of wind storms lately so much of the weakened tree stuff has already fallen. The leaves have been dropping like crazy all week long.

Living on the coast, you always adhere to the old beliefs (which this storm seems determined to blow right out of the water - no pun intended):

1. the water isnt warm enough to sustain a hurricane. Going to have to rethink that one. LOL.

2. follow the lead of the fishermen. They hunkered down days ago.

3. the east side (right) has the higher winds, the west side (left) has more rain.

A hurricane is a whirling mass of thunderstorms that spins counterclockwise. As a hurricane moves, the wind on its right side blows in the direction of the storm's motion. That means a hurricane packing 100 mph winds and moving at 20 mph has a combined wind of 120 mph on that side of the storm. It also means that the forward motion of 20 mph takes away from the opposing wind on the left side of the storm: 100 mph - 20 mph = 80 mph. In this example, that's a 40 mph difference in wind from one side of the storm to the other. The forward motion has no effect on the wind in the front or rear part of the hurricane.

While storm surge generally occurs in the center of a hurricane, higher waves and the onshore wind in the right side of the storm can worsen the surge there. Also, tornadoes are most likely in the right-front part of a hurricane, which makes the right side that much worse.

If landfall is as expected, we will be on the right side of this. Thus heavier wind and nasty storm surges. The bridges to the mainland have to be closed (for safety sake) when wind gusts hit 70 mph. Thus, they should close by mid morning tomorrow.

4. trust your gut. My gut says it will be nasty but ok. And, I really really dont need that hair cut thats scheduled for tomorrow LOL.

------

Dont know about anyone else but like Alex, I believe in overpreparing. Having an all electric house will do that.

I also fill all the pots with water in case the water supply is interrupted or becomes tainted. And fill the tub in case it is needed for flushing.

Be safe people. And dont forget to check in. We do worry about ya.

Alex stay above the waterline. I saw Warwick under water with that storm. I grew up in RI and never saw that kind of flooding. Didnt even know there was a river back there. Refurbished mall looks great tho.

Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 10-28-2012, 06:13 AM   #93
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dance-with-me View Post
This is the Current projected tracking map, showing it coming through there as tropical storm. Looks like it wouldn't hurt to be fairly well prepared.

http://www.wunderground.com/tropical...1218_5day.html
Thanks babe
Old 10-28-2012, 11:16 AM   #94
LeftWriteFemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Daddy's good girl

Thanked 12,319 Times in 5,197 Posts
LeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST Reputation
Default I am so hoping the 'wet bias' is running high......because the predictions sure are dire

Please take a look at my work
Click on flashing smilie to see my website

To look at my Daddy/girl erotica book Click on pompom girl to see Elbows on the Table, Palms Flat
LeftWriteFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LeftWriteFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 10-28-2012, 11:29 AM   #95
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,666 Times in 7,654 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

OK I am back from checking out the coastline and inland areas. Someone remind me NOT to do that again. LOL.

Sandy is a good 700 miles from here. High tide was about 1.5 hours ago.

The Atlantic side is already looking quite angry with lots of whitecaps and impressive waves. The wind is sustained at a good 25-30 mph already. The water level is up some 20 feet from where it should be on the beach.

The bay side is calmer. Water is choppy and flowing east to west rather than north to south which was a little unsettling. Wind is maybe 10-15 mph with higher gusts now and then.

The marshes are worrisome. They usually contain the overflow water well and at high tide they flood densely but are contained within their borders. It is odd to see the marsh overflow water up to street level when the tide is receding.

The updated forcast is still for the sharp turn to the west at NJ/NYC. Hurricane force winds are expected up the coast to Chatham. Tropical storm winds from Chatham northward. I live one town over from Chatham. Think Sandy will know to knock the winds down when she crosses the property line?

The EBS is issuing warning and alerts at regular intervals on tv. Ferry service has been suspended. Schools and general activities are cancelled. A state of emergency has been declared.

Im thinking I am going to need more chocolate. Maybe a chocolate fondue laced with valium into which I can dunk some thorazine would be nice.

This is going to be very ugly. Have to admit while standing on the beach, I had a flashback to Jaws where Roy Scheider said...."we're gonna need a bigger boat."

Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 10-28-2012, 11:33 AM   #96
Mr. Moon

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
he, she, it, hey you
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,160 Times in 229 Posts
Mr. Moon Has the BEST ReputationMr. Moon Has the BEST ReputationMr. Moon Has the BEST ReputationMr. Moon Has the BEST ReputationMr. Moon Has the BEST ReputationMr. Moon Has the BEST ReputationMr. Moon Has the BEST ReputationMr. Moon Has the BEST ReputationMr. Moon Has the BEST ReputationMr. Moon Has the BEST ReputationMr. Moon Has the BEST Reputation

Looks like I'm in for a real messy week....
Generator is out, and ready, got gas, food enough I think, got rid of possible flying objects, got beer.... LOL

This truly looks ugly.
-Mr. Moon
Mr. Moon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Mr. Moon For This Useful Post:
Old 10-28-2012, 11:34 AM   #97
durrrrrrrr

How Do You Identify?:
TG Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
he , him

Thanked 10,217 Times in 2,504 Posts
durrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputation

y'all be careful and stay safe.

well, butter my butt and call me a biscuit
durrrrrrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to durrrrrrrr For This Useful Post:
Old 10-28-2012, 11:37 AM   #98
Sunny

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Single

Sunny Has the BEST ReputationSunny Has the BEST ReputationSunny Has the BEST ReputationSunny Has the BEST ReputationSunny Has the BEST ReputationSunny Has the BEST ReputationSunny Has the BEST ReputationSunny Has the BEST ReputationSunny Has the BEST ReputationSunny Has the BEST ReputationSunny Has the BEST Reputation
Default Jersey

I am down the Jersey shore and in its path. The winds whipping up. Hope to God it misses us and all are safe. I will give updates.
Old 10-28-2012, 11:40 AM   #99
ruffryder

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
guy ones
Relationship Status:

Thanked 9,678 Times in 2,875 Posts
ruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullDog View Post
Stay safe everyone! And those in the path, please keep checking in when you can so we know you are ok.
Thanks Bully! Yes everybody, come into here when you can. Let us know how it is in your neck of the woods. Keep us all informed about the storm and your safety. Peace and Thanks!
ruffryder is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ruffryder For This Useful Post:
Old 10-28-2012, 11:46 AM   #100
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

We're just having the rain so far, which will increase our flooding chances. We ourselves should be high n dry but the lakeshore will flood. They are estimating the waves will reach 20 to 25 feet, yes feet. The Canadian side will feel the brunt of the waves.
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post: