Old 11-16-2012, 08:33 PM   #81
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,770 Times in 25,661 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novelafemme View Post
I've watched the video four times now and either I'm blind or I'm blind. Please share the magic with me.
There are a couple of orbs that zoom around. The last one goes from the right to the left. They are small, so keep your eyes peeled. I noticed them between the :25 and :40 marks.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2012, 09:12 PM   #82
Ginger

How Do You Identify?:
Femme lesbian

Thanked 12,309 Times in 2,057 Posts
Ginger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST Reputation

I've had some spooky coincidences in my life.

I was visiting New York City before I moved here, back when I still lived in L.A. I had helped out a friend of a friend, a New Yorker, driven her around a lot when she was visiting L.A., and she said, If you ever come to New York, you can stay with me.

Of course I took her up on it. And I hoped to see an old friend from college while I was there. I got the old friend's address, and it wasn't only in the same part of town (Astoria), as the woman I was staying with, it was the apartment next door to hers.

I know there have been others, I'll see if I can remember them.
Ginger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ginger For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2012, 09:22 PM   #83
SleepyButch

How Do You Identify?:
Dude
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him
Relationship Status:
Taken

Thanked 11,244 Times in 2,753 Posts
SleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novelafemme View Post
I've watched the video four times now and either I'm blind or I'm blind. Please share the magic with me.
If you hit the little youtube button at the bottom of the video to watch it on youtube.. you can see it a bit better. Good luck!

You cannot embrace those things that will not embrace you back.
SleepyButch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 09:36 PM   #84
LaneyDoll

How Do You Identify?:
Girly girl femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She; Ma'am; Miss ;)
Relationship Status:
Pitbull protected.

Thanked 7,686 Times in 1,608 Posts
LaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepyButch View Post
If you hit the little youtube button at the bottom of the video to watch it on youtube.. you can see it a bit better. Good luck!
Saw them. But my eyes are kind of used to picking things like that out

Old 11-16-2012, 09:40 PM   #85
Girl_On_Fire

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her
Relationship Status:
On Hiatus

Thanked 2,683 Times in 562 Posts
Girl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandScout View Post
I've had some spooky coincidences in my life.

I was visiting New York City before I moved here, back when I still lived in L.A. I had helped out a friend of a friend, a New Yorker, driven her around a lot when she was visiting L.A., and she said, If you ever come to New York, you can stay with me.

Of course I took her up on it. And I hoped to see an old friend from college while I was there. I got the old friend's address, and it wasn't only in the same part of town (Astoria), as the woman I was staying with, it was the apartment next door to hers.

I know there have been others, I'll see if I can remember them.
Ah, synchronicities. I've had plenty of those. I understand. Actually had one tonight. I got a negative impression about a certain person I've been on-again, off-again friends with based on feelings and energy I got from him. Something he'd been doing triggered me recently and I pretty much told him I saw him for what he was and he turned right around and told me in very blunt terms his impression of me and how much I'd hurt his feelings. All day I'd felt guilty for being so blunt and questioned my intuition and natural empathic abilities because of his response and the sick, drained feeling I had.

A couple of hours ago, I made a cup of Yogi tea and they always come with these positive quotes on the tag. Mine said, "Your intuition is your best friend." That was all the confirmation I needed for what I already knew! My doubts and that sick feeling vanished instantly.

In the past, not trusting my instincts about people has lead to some seriously disastrous results. I really should know better by now...
Old 11-16-2012, 10:50 PM   #86
sharkchomp

How Do You Identify?:
TG/stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 1,341 Times in 309 Posts
sharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputation

I wouldn't qualify this as empathic but more a gut feeling. Several years ago I worked in a factory and for a while I worked 3rd shift. Sometimes when I went out to the smoke shack to have a cigarette this security guard would be there smoking on his break. We spoke a few times and he seemed nice enough but something about him didn't set right with me, made my hackles go up, made me feel unsettled. I wasn't afraid as the smoke shack was just too public. It wasn't like he said anything unusual, out of the ordinary or off track, but something told me DANGER

Well time went on and I noticed after a while that I didn't see him anymore. So one night I had to go to the clinic in the factory [the factory was so large they staffed a nurse in the each of the big plants]. She was a very good friend of mine and we got to talking and I just so happened to bring up that I hadn't seen that guard in a while and my friend told me that he had been accused of molesting his granddaughter and that he had committed suicide just before his trial was set to begin!!! I was freaking out and I told her how he had made me feel. Crazy man!

~~~shark~~~~~~~

take a fish boating
sharkchomp is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to sharkchomp For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2012, 09:28 AM   #87
Girl_On_Fire

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her
Relationship Status:
On Hiatus

Girl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkchomp View Post
I wasn't afraid as the smoke shack was just too public. It wasn't like he said anything unusual, out of the ordinary or off track, but something told me DANGER
~~~shark~~~~~~~
Oh, I completely understand. Everybody has intuition and it's important to use it. I think in this day and age (I'm making myself sound so old lol!) people aren't taught to use their intuition. They're too distracted by everything else going on around them or by the media. When something tells you on a cellular level that you are not safe, you should listen. It's your spirit's way of protecting you from danger.
Old 11-17-2012, 05:34 PM   #88
Ursy

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
Engaged

Ursy Has the BEST ReputationUrsy Has the BEST ReputationUrsy Has the BEST ReputationUrsy Has the BEST ReputationUrsy Has the BEST ReputationUrsy Has the BEST ReputationUrsy Has the BEST ReputationUrsy Has the BEST ReputationUrsy Has the BEST ReputationUrsy Has the BEST ReputationUrsy Has the BEST Reputation

I totally believe in the afterlife, and this is because of my Nanna. She had a gift. (I've shared this before, but this was years ago on another site. Some of you might remember the story)

My mother's dad died young, leaving my Nanna to bring up four children.

After his death, sometimes she would wake up in the middle of the night to see him standing in her room. She would always find out the next day that a family member had passed, always around the time she saw him. It was like he was the one chosen to bring each family member home, and he would always drop in to see her on the way. She came to know that whenever she got a visit from him, one of the family had been called home.

She also would wake up in the middle of the night to see a little girl standing by the bed. We believe that this little girl was a child she had miscarried.

Nanna's eldest daughter, my Aunty Joy also has a "sense". She can tell when people are going to die. She says they get a "smell" about them. She told my Aunty Rae that she should say goodbye to her husband, because he was going to die soon (he had no terminal illnesses or anything that would make you expect it). I don't think Aunty Rae appreciated the advance notice, but the family did get to say goodbye and he got advance warning to get things in order, which I think is a bit of a rare privilege.
Ursy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Ursy For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2012, 06:54 PM   #89
Miss Scarlett
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

Thanked 12,949 Times in 3,419 Posts
Miss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST Reputation

For the last week or so my Dad's half-sister has been on my mind and even in a couple of my dreams. She was much older than Dad and I'd only seen her twice in my life. So it was odd that this was happening. This evening I got an email from Dad telling me that she has passed away...
Miss Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Miss Scarlett For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2012, 07:09 PM   #90
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,958 Times in 13,923 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

i did a Haunting History tour in New Orleans with some visiting friends.

The voodoo priestess invites the spirits in to go with us. i took pics of course.

EACH photo has orbs in it. i'm going to look for the pics

girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2012, 08:44 PM   #91
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girl_On_Fire View Post
Oh, I completely understand. Everybody has intuition and it's important to use it. I think in this day and age (I'm making myself sound so old lol!) people aren't taught to use their intuition. They're too distracted by everything else going on around them or by the media. When something tells you on a cellular level that you are not safe, you should listen. It's your spirit's way of protecting you from danger.
Exactly. We are taught from a young age NOT to listen to it because when we withdraw or recoil from someone, for whatever reason, it's "not nice" and "impolite" and "don't we want to be nice?"

If folks were taught to listen to their instincts, there is no telling what wonderful things we could experience!

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2012, 09:00 PM   #92
pajama

How Do You Identify?:
Klingon
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 7,480 Times in 1,809 Posts
pajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by girl_dee View Post
i did a Haunting History tour in New Orleans with some visiting friends.

The voodoo priestess invites the spirits in to go with us. i took pics of course.

EACH photo has orbs in it. i'm going to look for the pics

I do different haunted tours every time I go to Savannah. On this one, we were going around one of the squares. The story was that some lady was hung from one of the trees there. The trees had some really cool spanish moss on them, so I just pointed my camera up into the trees to get the spanish moss. Later when I looked at the picture, it is covered in orbs. All over it. I took several pictures in this area, others had a few orbs. But this one was loaded, had maybe 8 or 9 of multiple sizes.
pajama is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to pajama For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2012, 10:06 PM   #93
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,872 Times in 7,835 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

I was in Montreal, Canada back in 1998 and was looking in the window of a shop that had hand-blown glass items. There was a wind chime with a little mermaid on it that I immediately thought a friend that I worked with, Marion, would really like.

When I went and paid for it, the woman behind the counter said it was one of a kind. I kinda rolled my eyes and was like "whatever", thinking it was probably mass produced somewhere and she was just saying that.

When I got back home and arrived back to work, I came to find that Marion had been killed in a car accident while I was out on vacation. I ended up hanging on to the wind chime because it reminded me of her.

Six years later, I was working for the state of Arkansas at a medical university. We had a visiting professor from Boston that I became very friendly with. She had moved down to Arkansas for an extended stay to teach while her daughter (who was 11 at the time) received treatment for Leukemia at Children's hospital.

She brought her daughter into work after one of her chemo treatments and I got to meet her. She was a bubbly little baldy and was wearing a bright orange shirt with a mermaid on the front of it. I commented on how cute it was and could tell that her little girl was clearly very glittery when it came to mermaids.

That night, I went home and grabbed the mermaid wind chime that I had bought for Marion six years prior and dusted it and put it in a little sack.
I brought it to work the next day and handed it to Dr. T and asked her if she would give it to her daughter as a present.

Dr. T asked if she could looked at it and I was like "of course!". When she opened the sack, she GASPED and her face went sheet white.

She got all animated and was like "where did you get this? WHERE DID YOU GET THIS?"

When I told her I had gotten it at a little boutique in Montreal, she freaked the fuck out and was like "I saw this wind chime in a shop in Montreal and almost bought it for my daughter when she was five and I kicked myself for YEARS for not buying it for her!"

The next day, Dr. T brought in a photo album from her own Montreal trip and there, about halfway through the album, was a picture she had taken of the mermaid wind chime, the same mermaid wind chime that I had just given her for her daughter.

Freaky!
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 06:52 AM   #94
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

in the light of this thread i wonder if anyone feels the way i do about some things.

Like.. when you forget something at home and you take an extra 10 min to go get it, then you realize there was an accident that you just missed.

When you get lost in your own neighborhood, for whatever reason and during that extra trip around the block something came on the radio you needed to hear.

a friend was telling me that her damn flight was delayed by 2 hours, but in that time she ran into a childhood friend (now they are in CUBA) and caught up and laughed for 2 hours which flew by. i didn't think that was an accident.
She was meant to see that person.

i don't believe in *accidents*. i think things happen for whatever reason.

No i don't that's crazy.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 11-18-2012, 09:51 AM   #95
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

I don't know if it fully fits in the scope of this thread, but from the time I had conceptual thought....maybe 2 or 3...I knew that I was going to die a horrible, painful death that was going to be violent and that it would involve knives. It wasn't something I had a phobia about. It was just 'known' and came to me as easy as breathing. As I grew older and got a grasp on how the world worked, I came the conclusion it would either be a mugging/burglary or a domestic violence situation. Like I said, this was something I knew, like my name or my birthday. I'm Kat, my birthday is May 31st and I'm going to die violently by a knife-wielding person. *shrug*

But in the past few years, that's changed. The knowing 'went away'. And, for someone that has fallen asleep with and woken up to that knowledge for years, through more than a decade of sexual abuse, two failed marriages and some really, really poor choices in how I lived my life, I felt lost when I realized it was gone. It had been a relief, I suppose, to know. I'm one of 'those' people; the 'gotta know' people. When series finales or movies leave you hanging, it irritates me. Even if I disagree with how it should have been done, I still want to know a DEFINITE ending, otherwise it's not an ending.

Looking back, I cannot pinpoint the exact moment that the knowing vanished. My logical theory....in a somewhat less than logical circumstance....is that something changed. Either I made a choice that altered my future or someone else made a choice that altered my future. Okay, I can live with that. BUT...please remember, I'm one of 'those' people. So, I've worked it over in my head and worried it until it's a tired, frayed thought and I've realized something.

I had that thought firmly imbedded in my pysche when I moved to WA but did not have it any longer when I moved to TX. Well, shoot. That gives me more than 4 years to mull over. And, of course, I have. I worked in hospitality and came into contact with a lot of people, day in and day out. I also removed myself from an unhealthy relationship during that time frame and, literally, began my life over from nothing. Billions of opportunities to change one's life or the life of another during that time.

Maybe the act itself of beginning life again, a rebirth of sorts, tripped the reset button. I'm still not 100% positive, and that does frustrate me once in a while, but I think I've gotten it narrowed down to an incident that involved the ex trying to get me to open my lobby doors so we could talk. Note: this was well after midnight in the morning, it was against company policy to open the doors until the set time they were supposed to be open, and my gut was screaming....screaming! and it never does that....not to open the door. Granted, I've done things in my various jobs that would get me into trouble if found out. But this time, I was genuinely afraid. So, I didn't. And we stood with thick glass doors and windows and wooden panels between us and she screamed at me and I remember feeling removed from the situation. I assumed it was me disassociating from the temper tantrum that was happening (my go to coping mechanism) but maybe it was more. Maybe it was something pulling me back from my future as I knew it. This person was military trained and very upset. Anything could have happened. Or nothing.

Looking back, I remember it being very difficult to get to sleep after work that morning, but when I did, I slept very soundly. Maybe...

This train of thought came about between Girl_on_Fire's thoughts on instincts and dee's thoughts about destiny. I've always thought that our lives are a mixture of destiny and free will.....that we're going to wind up however, whenever, wherever like we are destined...supposed...to be, but how we get there....our paths....are chosen by us.

Maybe I chose a different path that night.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-18-2012, 01:17 PM   #96
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Wow Gemme!

What you posted about is SO real, and comes into play many times with creepy stuff.

TRUST YOUR GUT.

The gut is the second brain. It's our intuition. When we let our brain override it (Gemme did not) we get into trouble.

How many times have you said *i should have listened to my gut*

it's true!

Ok once when i was in massage school, there was a CD i was supposed to listen to from the owner of the school. It was inspirational and i thought BLAH BLAH BLAH yawn.

Well i went out for lunch one day from work, and missed my turn. i knew it would be a while before i could get to the next exit and go back. Cape Cod is separated by exits. HOW i missed it i'll never know because i took it every single day.

i thought fine, i'll throw this CD in. Now i was going through a rough time, my partner was in her full blown alcoholism, becoming physically angry and i was far away from home. i felt hopeless actually. Well this CD changed me. ALL the words i needed to hear came to me. i was blown away that it sounded like she made that CD just for me, even though everyone got one.

When i made it to work, i pulled up in my parking spot, and the CD ended at the exact same time.

i knew then what i needed to do, and that all would be ok, and it was.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 11-18-2012, 01:22 PM   #97
Hollylane
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 26,373 Times in 5,877 Posts
Hollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post

The next day, Dr. T brought in a photo album from her own Montreal trip and there, about halfway through the album, was a picture she had taken of the mermaid wind chime, the same mermaid wind chime that I had just given her for her daughter.

Freaky!
This story made the hair go up on my arms...Not creepy, just AMAZING!
Hollylane is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hollylane For This Useful Post:
Old 11-18-2012, 03:07 PM   #98
sharkchomp

How Do You Identify?:
TG/stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 1,341 Times in 309 Posts
sharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputation

Speaking of the gut, I cannot tell yall how many times I've been driving and I'll hear a voice in my head that says, "you need to slow down". I've always ALWAYS slowed down and sure as my Momma loves me, I'll see a cop shooting radar at me. Every single time!

~~~shark~~~~~~~

take a fish boating
sharkchomp is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sharkchomp For This Useful Post:
Old 11-18-2012, 03:47 PM   #99
Girl_On_Fire

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her
Relationship Status:
On Hiatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
I think I've gotten it narrowed down to an incident that involved the ex trying to get me to open my lobby doors so we could talk. Note: this was well after midnight in the morning, it was against company policy to open the doors until the set time they were supposed to be open, and my gut was screaming....screaming! and it never does that....not to open the door. Granted, I've done things in my various jobs that would get me into trouble if found out. But this time, I was genuinely afraid. So, I didn't. And we stood with thick glass doors and windows and wooden panels between us and she screamed at me and I remember feeling removed from the situation. I assumed it was me disassociating from the temper tantrum that was happening (my go to coping mechanism) but maybe it was more. Maybe it was something pulling me back from my future as I knew it. This person was military trained and very upset. Anything could have happened. Or nothing.

Looking back, I remember it being very difficult to get to sleep after work that morning, but when I did, I slept very soundly. Maybe...

This train of thought came about between Girl_on_Fire's thoughts on instincts and dee's thoughts about destiny. I've always thought that our lives are a mixture of destiny and free will.....that we're going to wind up however, whenever, wherever like we are destined...supposed...to be, but how we get there....our paths....are chosen by us.

Maybe I chose a different path that night.
"Maybe I chose a different path that night."

You did.
Old 11-18-2012, 10:19 PM   #100
LaneyDoll

How Do You Identify?:
Girly girl femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She; Ma'am; Miss ;)
Relationship Status:
Pitbull protected.

Thanked 7,686 Times in 1,608 Posts
LaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST Reputation

My intuition has always been fairly strong. A friend once told me that if I would develop it and learn to read the signs, that I would be "off the charts" in my abilities. This weekend, I had a little reminder.

Thursday, I started relating a situation in my life to a movie - "The Wizard of Oz." A movie I like, but it is not a fave. I tried to fit the situation into other movies but it did not work. Using the movie as a metaphor was making it easier for me to relate to things, see an outcome and stop stressing so much. I knew that in time, Oz would be revealed for who they really were.

Saturday, the curtain fell. And I knew it was going to happen.

Today, Riley texted me, "turn it to Channel 112."

Anyone want to guess what was on? "The Wizard of Oz."

Tags
creepy, odd, unexplained, weird