Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 11-15-2009, 02:05 PM   #81
Sam
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanently Banned 2/11/2011
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
I'll let you know

Sam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST Reputation

NGREDIENTS
8 ounces penne pasta
1/2 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut in 1/2-inch strips
4 teaspoons OLD BAY® Seasoning, divided
1 tablespoon butter
1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 cup heavy cream
3 green onions, sliced

DIRECTIONS
Cook pasta as directed on package.

Coat chicken with 1 teaspoon of OLD BAY. In a large nonstick skillet, melt butter on medium heat. Add chicken. Cook 2 to 3 minutes per side.

Coat shrimp with 2 teaspoons of OLD BAY. Add shrimp to chicken. Cook while stirring 2 to 3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.

Mix remaining 1 teaspoon OLD BAY and heavy cream. Stir into skillet with cooked pasta and green onions. Simmer 5 minutes or until sauce thickens and pasta is heated through.
Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 02:06 PM   #82
Sam
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
I'll let you know

Sam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST Reputation
Default Shrimp & chicken penne

SHRIMP & CHICKEN PENNE

NGREDIENTS
8 ounces penne pasta
1 tablespoon butter
1 cup heavy cream
3 green onions, sliced

DIRECTIONS
Cook pasta as directed on package.

Coat chicken with 1 teaspoon of OLD BAY. In a large nonstick skillet, melt butter on medium heat. Add chicken. Cook 2 to 3 minutes per side.

Coat shrimp with 2 teaspoons of OLD BAY. Add shrimp to chicken. Cook while stirring 2 to 3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.

Mix remaining 1 teaspoon OLD BAY and heavy cream. Stir into skillet with cooked pasta and green onions. Simmer 5 minutes or until sauce thickens and pasta is heated through.
Old 11-15-2009, 02:07 PM   #83
Mister Bent

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 5,829 Times in 1,721 Posts
Mister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST Reputation

I'm going to have to try your stew, Arwen. I love the slow cooker for stews, especially going into winter.

On the menu at Chez Bent/e today is a family favorite:

White Chili with Ground Turkey

Cooking time is only about 30 mins. though I often simmer longer.

* 1 onion, chopped
* 3 cloves garlic, minced
* 1 1/2 pounds ground turkey
* 2 (4 ounce) cans canned green chile peppers, chopped
* 1 tablespoon ground cumin
* 1 tablespoon dried oregano
* 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* ground cayenne pepper to taste
* ground white pepper to taste
* 3 (15 ounce) cans cannellini beans
* 5 cups chicken broth
* 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese

Directions

1. In a large pot over medium heat, combine the onion, garlic & ground turkey. Saute for 10 minutes, or until turkey is well browned. Add the chile peppers, cumin, oregano, cinnamon, cayenne pepper to taste & white pepper to taste and saute for 5 more minutes.
2. Add two cans of beans & the chicken broth to the pot. Take the third can of beans & puree them in a blender or food processor (I just mash them with fork). Add this to the pot along with the cheese. Stir well & simmer for 10 minutes, allowing the cheese to melt.

I cook up a big pot of brown rice to serve the chili over.

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
- H. L. Mencken
Mister Bent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 02:10 PM   #84
Arwen
Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

Thanked 28,130 Times in 6,413 Posts
Arwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST Reputation

Easton, that sounds DIVINE!

Mr. Bent, I am a huge fan of the slow cooker too! Thanks for that recipe. I am definitely going to try that one.
Arwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 02:14 PM   #85
Mister Bent

How Do You Identify?:

Mister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arwen View Post

Mr. Bent, I am a huge fan of the slow cooker too! Thanks for that recipe. I am definitely going to try that one.
I like this recipe because I can start the brown rice, then the chili and everything is done at the same time. AND it's easy enough for me to make on a weekday after work, while it's simmering, I can take a shower then enjoy some family time.

I hope you'll post more slow cooker recipes. Somewhere I have a good one for beef stew.

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
- H. L. Mencken
Old 11-15-2009, 02:18 PM   #86
Sam
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
I'll let you know

Quote:

I have to make it once a week, its so good!
Old 11-15-2009, 02:29 PM   #87
Mister Bent

How Do You Identify?:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easton View Post
SHRIMP & CHICKEN PENNE

INGREDIENTS
8 ounces penne pasta
1 tablespoon butter
1 cup heavy cream
3 green onions, sliced
I have to try this, too, but substitute for the heavy cream. Old Bay is great stuff, I use it when I steam crab legs.

- H. L. Mencken
Old 11-15-2009, 02:36 PM   #88
Queerasfck

How Do You Identify?:
still ballin'
Relationship Status:
Triple X

Thanked 6,496 Times in 1,638 Posts
Queerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Bent View Post
I have to try this, too, but substitute for the heavy cream. Old Bay is great stuff, I use it when I steam crab legs.
Dude, you steam your own legs??? Gross.
Queerasfck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 02:38 PM   #89
Mister Bent

How Do You Identify?:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EzeeTiger View Post
Dude, you steam your own legs??? Gross.
The part I hate is shaving them first.

- H. L. Mencken
Old 11-15-2009, 02:42 PM   #90
SuperFemme
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanently Banned 10/24/2010
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Married (one of 18,000)

4 Highscores

Thanked 7,109 Times in 2,327 Posts
SuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Chicken Helper:

some chicken stuffs
a box

follow the directions on the box
(make sure to put a large wooden spoon around your neck if you have short term memory problems)

serve.

GourmetFemme

Last edited by SuperFemme; 11-15-2009 at 02:43 PM. Reason: i have a fucking head injury, i rarely get it right the first time. piss off.
SuperFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SuperFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2009, 02:44 PM   #91
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,661 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Bent View Post
The part I hate is shaving them first.

If you steam them first, it will be easier.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 11:20 PM   #92
Arwen
Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

Arwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Arwen's Spicy Stew

• 1.5 lbs stew meat
  • 2 lg russet potatoes, chopped 1 "
  • 2 turnips (the purple/white round ones), chopped 1/2"
  • 2 Serrano peppers, sliced
  • 1 Bell pepper, chopped 1 "
  • 1 onion, diced medium
  • 1 Can Ro-Tel Tomatoes, original recipe
  • 1/2 can good red wine (I used Vin Robles Red4 Syrah)
  • 1/2 can water
  • 2-3 TB garlic powder
  • 1-2 TB Tony Cachere's Cajun Seasoning (tm)
  • 1 dash Balsamic Vinegar
  • 2 dashes Liquid Smoke
I layered the first seven ingredients into the crock-pot. Then I added the tomatoes followed by the wine/water(using the can from the Ro-Tel tomatoes.) Last I put on the seasonings. I've covered it and set it on high. Should be dinner by six. I'll serve it with some biscuits. Would have done a salad, but I think the stew will be enough. It's my first time EVAH to cook with turnips so I'll let you know how it turns out. Or my guests can tell you. Grin.

Um.. up the water by 1/2 a can. Cut back on the chilies by one. Or not. Depends on how hot you like things. OrganicButch and PixieStars seemed to like it. Definitely add carrots. Will make again.
Old 11-16-2009, 11:54 PM   #93
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,661 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

Um.. up the water by 1/2 a can. Cut back on the chilies by one. Or not. Depends on how hot you like things. OrganicButch and PixieStars seemed to like it. Definitely add carrots. Will make again.
Glad the dish worked.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 12:34 AM   #94
Lady Jewel

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Lady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST Reputation

Does anyone have a sugar free recipe for brownies that does NOT require the use of Splenda?? I HATE the flavor of Splenda. Thank you in advance for any help on this.

Jewel
Lady Jewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 12:52 AM   #95
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,872 Times in 7,835 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

About twice a month we have "Nasty Casserole" around here.
It's usually a conglomeration of shit that I can find that needs to be used but generally has many of the following ingredients.

1 layer of corn tortillas
1 layer of refried beans
1 layer of cheddar cheese
1 layer of chicken cooked with cilantro, onion, garlic, cumin, chili powder, etc.
another layer of corn tortillas
1 layer of black beans
another layer of whatever cheese
a layer of red sauce or my really good sour cream sauce
and usually more layers of cheese than any human should eat
and sometimes a layer of corn
and sometimes a layer of black olives
and most of the time a good sprinkling of green onion

Its guaranteed to give you heartburn but is WAY pocketbook friendly and tastes decadent as HELL and makes a LOT.
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 09:54 AM   #96
Arwen
Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Jewel View Post
Does anyone have a sugar free recipe for brownies that does NOT require the use of Splenda?? I HATE the flavor of Splenda. Thank you in advance for any help on this.

Jewel
Fudgy Brownies

6 tbsp margarine
4 Baking Chocolate, unsweetened, square
1/3 cup fat free milk
1/3 cup Preserves, apricot, light, sugar free
1 raw egg yolks
1 tsp vanilla extract
10 3/4 tsp sweetener (sugar substitute) (Equal for Recipes)
1/2 tsp low sodium baking powder
1/8 tsp salt
3 egg whites
1/8 tsp cream of tartar
1/3 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
1/2 cup white all purpose flour
1 cooking spray

Directions
1 Heat margarine, chocolate, milk and apricot preserves in small saucepan, whisking frequently, until chocolate is almost melted.
2 Remove from heat; whisk until chocolate is fully melted. Whisk in egg yolk and vanilla; mix in combined flour, Equal®, baking powder, and salt until smooth.
3 In a separate bowl, beat egg whites and cream of tartar to stiff peaks. Fold chocolate mixture into egg whites. Fold in walnuts, if desired. Spray an 8 inch square baking pan with nonstick cooking spray and pour in batter.
4 Bake in preheated 350°F oven until brownies are firm to touch and toothpick comes out clean, 18 to 20 minutes (do not overbake). Cool on wire rack. Serve warm or at room temperature.

SOURCE: http://www.dlife.com/diabetes/diabet...nies/r137.html

I have not made these.
Old 11-17-2009, 10:04 AM   #97
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Thanked 17,179 Times in 5,238 Posts
Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

It's cookie time at Chez Diva......I love this time of year!! The following recipe is one of my Mom's (I have her copy in her handwriting, framed and hanging in my kitchen!).....my favorite cookie of hers....and now it's also my daughter's favorite, so she'll be getting a big box of them in the next couple of weeks.

Pin Wheel Cookies

1 c. butter
2 c. sugar
2 eggs, beaten
3 1/2 c. flour
1 tsp. soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla
1 sq. bittersweet chocolate, melted OR 3 T. cocoa + 1 tsp. butter

Mix in order given (except for chocolate).

Divide in half. Add melted chocolate to one half and work it in thoroughly. Roll out each half between wax paper, then place one on top of the other.

Roll together like a jelly roll. Chill. Slice thin. Bake at 350 until light brown (about 10-12 minutes) They will spread just a bit, so don't put slices too closely together.

This is a pretty cookie.

Happy baking!

Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 10:06 PM   #98
Arwen
Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

Default Cheesy Chicken Chasserole

Dinner tonight:

Cheesy Chicken Chasserole

1 Can Chicken, drained
4 oz Velveeta
2 Cups Elbow Macaroni, cooked, drained
1 Can Cream of Chicken soup
1/2 Can Chicken Broth
1 TBS Garlic Powder
1 TBS Tony Cachere's Cajun Seasoning

Preheat oven to 350.

Combine everything in a casserole (0r chasserole if you are into alliteration...lol) and cook for 30-45 minutes until bubbling. This was a yummy dinner tonight but a wee bit on the runny side. Might want to add a 1/2 C of bread crumbs next time. My dinner guest liked it so I was happy.
Old 11-22-2009, 10:57 PM   #99
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Thanked 17,179 Times in 5,238 Posts
Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

This is one of my Mom's recipes....I recently found an old recipe box of hers... I'm so happy to have these recipes...in her sweet, delicate handwriting!!

SOPA

12 tortillas
1 lg. fryer or hen (cooked and boned)
1 can mushroom soup (no water)
1 can cream chicken soup (no water)
1 small can pet milk
1 c. chicken broth
1 can chopped chilies
1/2 lb. grated sharp cheese

Break tortillas into bite size and put a single layer into a buttered casserole dish, then add layer of chicken. Mix soups, milk, chicken broth & chilies and pour a portion over chicken to cover, then sprinkle cheese over this. Repeat layers topping with cheese.

Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes.

Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 10:58 PM   #100
Arwen
Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva View Post
This is one of my Mom's recipes....I recently found an old recipe box of hers... I'm so happy to have these recipes...in her sweet, delicate handwriting!!
What a delightful find for you, Diva. This recipe sounds delicious. Is it one you remember well?

Tags
beginner, cooking, gourmet, kitchen, recipes