Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 08-15-2011, 08:04 AM   #981
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,719 Times in 7,286 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

Continuing to focus on healthy eating, rather than the scale. Fixating on the scale is never good for my head. For me, too easy to get discouraged.

Our weight does fluctuate, even when eating and sticking to our plans.

I was happy to not have gained last week and to not succumb to going off the eating rails.

I appreciated all the posts about not gaining being as important as losing, though it does feel a tiny bit more exciting to lose!

Postscript: I did lose a pound

Hugs,

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2011, 08:06 AM   #982
Zimmeh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Me
Relationship Status:
I am a human and not a possession

Thanked 13,442 Times in 4,316 Posts
Zimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST Reputation

Good Morning Everyone,

I went power walking lastnight and really enjoyed the cool breeze! I have to work until 10p tonight, so I won't be able to hit the gym or go power walking. So tomorrow morning, I will be up and early to hit the gym...

Have a great day! It is my last day in the PBX department, woohoo!!! for all of us!

Zimmy
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Zimmeh For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2011, 09:05 AM   #983
PinkieLee

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
I need ya boo, gotta see ya boo

Thanked 13,080 Times in 3,050 Posts
PinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST Reputation

Good morning & happy Monday y'all

What a wonderful way to start off the day, than to see amazing weight loss numbers & healthier choices being made! Y'all rock! THANK YOU for keeping yourself & us motivated!!!

My last weigh in was on Thursday and I lost another 2 pounds. WOOHOO... 19 pounds lost forever! Every Monday morning I get on the scale, just to see where I stand after the weekend (where I never get enough water or keep track of points as well as I should). I'm only a .5 lb off, so that's not a problem at all. I'll keep chugging water, get in some exercise & stick to my healthy eating and I WILL pull off a loss on Thursday!

Yesterday, D and I were both craving banana nut bread. So, while grocery shopping, I picked up some instant muffin mix (yeah, just add milk). I figured the points and they are only 4 points each... not bad at all. Each bag of mix makes 6 standard size muffins (NOT like the big ol' ones in the bakery). They were just sweet enough for a dessert and/or for breakfast in the morning with a piece of fruit and coffee and with NO GUILT!

Well, I hope that everyone has a wonderful day!
PinkieLee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to PinkieLee For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2011, 09:11 AM   #984
Sparkle

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, please
Relationship Status:
Loved Up

Thanked 6,591 Times in 1,556 Posts
Sparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST Reputation

My Monday morning mini-triumph:

This morning I was getting dressed for an interview and put on a pair of suit trousers I've not worn since the early spring ... and for the first time in (at least) a year they fit beautifully! Hoorah!

(shame the job wasn't so thrilling, but I'll take triumphs where I can get 'em)
Old 08-15-2011, 09:15 AM   #985
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,843 Times in 7,833 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

Would folks mind sharing their daily menus and point counts? I think maybe it would help us all see new ways of eating and get some new ideas from one another.

This was my breakfast today:

1 banana - 0 points
1 plum - 0 points
1 5.5 ounce Spicy hot V8 - 1 point
16 ounces of water

This was a pretty light breakfast for me because I usually do a smoothie and a handful of mini-wheats but I was feeling lazy this morning and in a hurry. I also have to kinda graze on this because it usually takes me until 10am to get all of this down. Still, a ONE POINT breakfast and lots of nutrition.

For lunch, I have this:

Amy's Light and Lean Black Bean Enchilada dinner - 6 points
Fiber One bar - 4 points
More water!

Afternoon snack -
Blue Diamond 100 calorie pack of roasted almonds - 3 points

Pre-dinner snack -
Fuji Apple - 0 points

Dinner tonight -
3 of my very good turkey meatballs - 6 points
1/2 cup whole wheat pasta - 4 points
1/2 cup of my homemade sauce - 1 point
1 cup steamed brocolli - 0 points
lots of water

After dinner snack if Im still feeling it -
1 of those very good WW raspberry chocolate popsicles - 2 points

I'll caveat this by saying that I do not usually have a pyramid like this where more of my points are at the end of the day. I usually try to get more of my points at breakfast and lunch. I also mostly have more dairy in my plan since I often make smoothies with almond milk or have a piece of cheese with lunch.

I am currently allowed 43 points per day for my weight range and everything above comes out to 27 total. That's pretty normal for me to stay in the less-than-30-point range. I know Im supposed to be getting more points a day but it's hard.

Now, show me yours since I showed you mine!
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2011, 09:37 AM   #986
PinkieLee

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

PinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST Reputation

Medusa... your daily meal plan is awesome!! Girl, I don't know how you manage to stay under the 30 points ~ but the proof is right there! GOOD FOR YOU!

This morning's breakfast...
2 multi-grain waffles - 5 points
a banana

For lunch will be...
some Lean Cuisine or WW frozen meal - anywhere from 6 - 7 points
and a side salad with lettuce, tomato & carrots - 0 points
light raspberry vinagrette dressing - 2 points

Anytime snacks are usually
Yogurt - 2 points
Fruit - 0 points
or a 100 calorie snack pack - 3 points

Since I work the 2nd job tonight, dinner will be...
a ham/turkey sandwich on wheat bread from Subway - 8 points
apple slices - 0 points

If I'm still hungry when I get off work, I'll usually make some popcorn and we'll split the 4 points!

For me, most of my points are spent on dinner.

Somedays, I stay around the 30ish mark, and other days I'm lucky to stay under my goal of 46. I know for ME, if I stay away from drinking beer or wine, I never really use the extra allowance for the week.

We went out to eat on Saturday, to a seafood place at the beach... that's has the best fried fish and shrimp you'll ever taste. NOPE, not for me. They've started added healthier options to their menu, and I had avacado halves with lump meat crab, a side salad with avacado ranch dressing & a small cup of gumbo. I couldn't tell you what the points where, but at least I KNOW for a fact nothing was fried and it was a much healthier choice!
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to PinkieLee For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2011, 09:37 AM   #987
ruffryder

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
guy ones
Relationship Status:

Thanked 9,678 Times in 2,875 Posts
ruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputation

Hello everybody. Thanks for the tips and eating options! Today I'm on day 2 of loading up and tomorrow I will start on my diet plan. I will post what I eat and keep everyone updated on my progress from then on out. Happy Monday and healthy eating!
ruffryder is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ruffryder For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2011, 09:43 AM   #988
Thinker

How Do You Identify?:
transman
Preferred Pronoun?:
male

Thanked 4,133 Times in 1,079 Posts
Thinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST Reputation

I'm allowed 35 points per day.

This morning, so far, I've had...

coffee - 1 pt.
Greek yogurt (plain, non-fat) with blueberries & granola - 4 pts.
V8 (low sodium) - 1 pt.

On days when I lift, I also add in a whey shake (vanilla w/banana & strawberries) for 3 pts.

That right there is a pretty standard morning for me these days. It'll change back to pancakes or oatmeal when the weather gets cooler.

At some point during the day (sometimes twice), I will have 2 servings of tuna (2 points) on a toasted thin bun (2 points) for a total of 4 points.

In the evening I will have another V8 for another point.

The rest varies. I like a beef patty on a thin bun (7 points). I do chicken breasts on the grill a lot (3 points per breast). I also like to grill the 97% fat free Hebrew National dogs (1 point per frank). Sometimes I have it without a bun and add chili; sometimes I have the bun instead.

Like Angie, I rarely use all of my points and that is something I'm working on.
Old 08-15-2011, 09:49 AM   #989
Scorp
Italian Stallion

How Do You Identify?:
DNA Usually...

Thanked 4,721 Times in 1,270 Posts
Scorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST Reputation

Hi Folks,

Hope everyone is doing well!

Breakfast:

2 cups of Stonefield Lowfat Yogurt: 6 pts.
1/4 cup Barenaked Fit Vanilla Almond Crunch Granola: 3 pts.

1/2 chopped banana: 0 pts.

2 chopped strawberries: 0 pts.

9 pts.

Lunch:

Not sure still full from the yogurt parfait

Dinner:

Chicken Stir fry recipe from WW = 6 pts.
Scorp is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Scorp For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2011, 09:54 AM   #990
Sparkle

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, please
Relationship Status:
Loved Up

Thanked 6,591 Times in 1,556 Posts
Sparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST Reputation

Breakfast:

3 cups of coffee, with a small amount of cream and a tiny squeeze of agave nectar light. 4pts

1 cup of non-fat plain greek yogurt, 1 cup of fresh blueberries, 1 tsp of agave nectar light. 4pts

Lunch:

3 slices of low sodium deli turkey, 1 flatout whole grain wrap, 1/4 avocado, tomato. 6pts

32 oz. of water throughout the course of the day
Old 08-15-2011, 10:00 AM   #991
Scorp
Italian Stallion

How Do You Identify?:
DNA Usually...

Scorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST Reputation

We LOVE these hot dogs and a favorite in our household. They taste just like the regular hebrew national.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinker View Post
I also like to grill the 97% fat free Hebrew National dogs (1 point per frank)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Scorp For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2011, 10:14 AM   #992
Queerasfck

How Do You Identify?:
still ballin'
Relationship Status:
Triple X

Thanked 6,495 Times in 1,638 Posts
Queerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST Reputation
Default a day in the life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
Would folks mind sharing their daily menus and point counts? I think maybe it would help us all see new ways of eating and get some new ideas from one another.

Now, show me yours since I showed you mine!
Currently I am allowed 33 points for the day. On a typical day this is what goes down my gullet:

1 banana (before working out)-0 points

breakfast

1/2 cup egg beaters-2
3 slices of turkey bacon-3
1 slice ww toast -2
1 TB of strawberry jam-1
1 mega cup of coffee-0
2 TB creamer-2

snack at work
(I do change this up but currently this is my kick)
1 large apple-0
2 TB almond butter (carefully measured as this stuff is sooo bomb)-5

lunch at work
watermelon or another kind of fruit at least a cup-0
3oz of turkey breast-3
mixed salad greens, carrots, cukes, etc-0
1oz feta cheese-2
2 TB low fat balsamic vinaigrette dressing-3

afternoon snack at work
(anyone of these items)
laughing cow cheese 1 wedge-1
or low fat baby bell-1
or more fruit-0

dinner
3 oz grilled turkey burger-4
(or Boca Burger-2)
Bagel thin-3
a large amount roasted or grilled veggies-0

evening snack
watermelon
air popped popcorn
greek yogurt

(not a big night snacker so the points I have left determines what I will eat)
Queerasfck is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Queerasfck For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2011, 10:15 AM   #993
PinkieLee

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

I also got the WW string cheese the other day... only 1 point! It's a great afternoon snack with an apple!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to PinkieLee For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2011, 11:48 AM   #994
ruffryder

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
guy ones
Relationship Status:

Thanked 9,678 Times in 2,875 Posts
ruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputation

So drinking water is supposed to be half of your weight in ounces. Does everyone follow this rule? I'm thinking I'm gonna be drinking about 32 ounces of Ice tea and 3 bottles of water a day.. also having my morning coffee! I may have some hot tea now and then to change it up. What is your fav kind or flavors of tea?
ruffryder is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ruffryder For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2011, 11:53 AM   #995
Scorp
Italian Stallion

How Do You Identify?:
DNA Usually...

Another great snack (1 wedge) laughing cow low-fat garlic & herb or french onion is 1 point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkieLee View Post
I also got the WW string cheese the other day... only 1 point! It's a great afternoon snack with an apple!
Old 08-15-2011, 12:05 PM   #996
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,843 Times in 7,833 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

Those Laughing Cow wedges are amazing!

I sometimes spread them on a whole-wheat tortilla and fill with baby spinach, grilled chicken, avocado, and black beans and it makes a VERY good wrap!

Also, you can drop a wedge or two over hot cooked pasta and add some veggies and its super yummy!
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2011, 12:09 PM   #997
Thinker

How Do You Identify?:
transman
Preferred Pronoun?:
male

Thanked 4,133 Times in 1,079 Posts
Thinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffryder_0187 View Post
So drinking water is supposed to be half of your weight in ounces. Does everyone follow this rule? I'm thinking I'm gonna be drinking about 32 ounces of Ice tea and 3 bottles of water a day.. also having my morning coffee! I may have some hot tea now and then to change it up. What is your fav kind or flavors of tea?
I'm not super big on tea (talking about iced tea), but when I have it at home it is the Crystal Light raspberry green tea.

If I eat out and they have raspberry tea, I'll usually get it.

Other than that, regular ol' unsweetened iced tea is good enough for me.
Old 08-15-2011, 12:13 PM   #998
Zimmeh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Me
Relationship Status:
I am a human and not a possession

Thanked 13,442 Times in 4,316 Posts
Zimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST Reputation

My favorite tea is Earl Grey, hot or as iced tea! I like to add a teaspoon of either Irish Creme or French Vanilla creamer to it..

I try and drink a minimum of four large glasses of water everyday.

Zimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffryder_0187 View Post
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Zimmeh For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2011, 12:27 PM   #999
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,719 Times in 7,286 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

Breakfast: one cup of steel-cut oatmeal ( have to have something to chew, can't stand the pablum of instant oatmeal) with about 20 raisins, one pint of non-fat milk and one cup of coffee with a teaspoon of Half-and-half with Spenda.

Yum.

Going to walk up 4 flights of stairs right now. Have a great day all!

I love this thread

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2011, 01:00 PM   #1000
Scorp
Italian Stallion

How Do You Identify?:
DNA Usually...

OMG YUM...FUJI APPLES!!!!! SOOO SWEET and satisfying....I'm now hooked...and guess what?

NO POINTSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!