Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > In The News

Old 11-05-2020, 12:44 PM   #1101
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
I’m definitely not yours.

Thanked 32,094 Times in 9,988 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~ocean View Post
NEVADA is a JOKE ~ the whole vote count is fraud. TRUMP <<< he wants to delay because some votes weren't filled out properly ~ HELLO they get tossed out ~ that orange PIG is behind all of this.
Not sure I understand your comment about Nevada.

As of a few minutes ago, spokesperson from Nevada Elections says that the Biden lead has expanded from 7K+ to more than 11K+.

Nevada gives 6 electoral votes.

Every vote counts. Seriously.

I believe AZ, NV, GA and PENN is going to go BLUE.

Check out the percentage point leads in all county's which still have votes to count in progress.

It is going to happen, soon enough.

______ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2020, 01:29 PM   #1102
Cin

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Truly Madly Deeply

2 Highscores

Thanked 10,618 Times in 2,489 Posts
Cin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by C0LLETTE View Post
I do wonder whether "The Trump Deplorables" ( Hillary should have gotten the Presidency just for that dead-on descriptive.) are "Republican" because they've read the policies and agree or because "Republicans" are now so Fascist and dirty that only they are willing to wrap their arms around them and give them a "respectable " name that doesnt include the words "White Supremecist" or " Fascist Neo-Nazi" in it.

Even Republican Neo-Cons don't want them. So, ask yourself, who are these "Republicans" that do? Who and what is in that welcoming tent for them?

It's all just so ugly, so predictable, and so relentlessly reoccurring that it takes tremendous will ( and maybe blind faith ) to keep it from finally crushing the human spirit; and keep it from finally vacuum-sucking-out whatever is left of your soul.
I'm not sure that any Republican even remotely resembles what Republican meant at one point in time. I don't know what their policies are today exactly except to bring about the 'end times'. Barry Goldwater was able to read the writing on the wall “Mark my word, if and when these preachers get control of the [Republican] party, and they're sure trying to do so, it's going to be a terrible damn problem. Frankly, these people frighten me. Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise. I know, I've tried to deal with them.” Apparently when you are acting in the name of God you can lie, cheat, steal even kill. You can treat other human beings horribly if they are of a different religion, ethnicity, political persuasion or sexuality. I wonder what God thinks about these people acting that way in His name? Anyway it's particularly frightening to understand that at least 48% of the United States agrees with this way of being Republican, this type of conservatism.

Republican is now synonymous with the Religious Right. And it's becoming synonymous with white supremacy. I can't believe close to 69 million Americans are okay with that. That is soul crushing.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cin For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2020, 01:44 PM   #1103
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Default Overheard this moments ago...

A quiet PS/ CNN and other major news outlets will broadcast the final outcome of the PENN vote @ 9pm EST.

______ ______
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2020, 02:00 PM   #1104
BullDog
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Dominant Stone Butch Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 22,781 Times in 4,469 Posts
BullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kätzchen View Post
A quiet PS/ CNN and other major news outlets will broadcast the final outcome of the PENN vote @ 9pm EST.

Yes, now I heard we might get PA tonight. Things keep changing. The election officials and vote counters are doing an outstanding job. The sooner we get results the better - for safety purposes. Although brace for what happens after Trump loses.

- Rainer Maria Rilke
BullDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BullDog For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2020, 02:19 PM   #1105
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullDog View Post
Yes, now I heard we might get PA tonight. Things keep changing. The election officials and vote counters are doing an outstanding job. The sooner we get results the better - for safety purposes. Although brace for what happens after Trump loses.
Skkkh, Skkkkh, Copy That.

I was just listening to a vote counter rep from Georgia giving an update. IF, Georgia voters carry us across the finish line, I hope Stacey Abrams and her tribe can rectify the voting system. It is so easy here in Oregon. Each election year in the past the Georgia voters hace been disinfranchised by their hokey set of voting rules. It's glaringly disingenious, and I hope that this is corrected so Georgian votes are never disenfranchised again.

Ps/ The Biden Harris War Room will kick it across the finish line.

Joe & Kamala are on duty.

______ ______
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2020, 05:09 PM   #1106
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Cross your fingers that David Perdue drops below 50% of the vote in his Senate race against Jon Ossof. He is at 50.2% as I post this. Or even better, Ossof goes over 50% and wins. I'm not sure that's possible.

If Perdue goes under 50% the race goes to a run-off in January.

Reverend Warnock is already in a run-off against Loeffler.

Right now, the Senate is 48 R to 48 D (includes the 2 independents who caucus with Democrats). 4 outstanding races. The 2 Georgia races above, and 2 Republicans Tillis (NC) and Sullivan (Alaska) are leading their races.

If the 2 Democrats were able to win the runoffs, the Senate would probably be 50-50. Vice President Kamala Harris would break tie votes and Schumer would be majority leader.

Crazy!
Bulldog???

Perdue dropped below 50% (this afternoon, west coast time).

Can you tell us what a run off is and when does it take place?

Do voters vote again on this issue alone? I ask, because I dont know.

Thanks!

<<<<<<<---- terribly excited about news we all will learn about battle ground states tonight.

ETA: last night as I wandered around the property at home, i saw a blazing shooting star, which seemed like it was close range.....I saw it buzz across the tree line. That was exciting to see last night. Naturally I made a wish. For Biden and Harris. Here's hoping that wish comes true!

______ ______
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2020, 05:40 PM   #1107
BullDog
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

BullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST Reputation

Yes, Perdue has dropped below 50!% I sure hope it holds. I believe a lot of the uncounted vote is in Democrat territory so it's possible. Also, Biden is getting closer to overtaking Trump.

Some states have runoff rules for elections if certain requirements are not met in a race, then it goes to a runoff election. In the Georgia Senate races if no candidate gets 50% plus one vote, then the 2 candidates with the highest number of votes go to a runoff election.

That has already happened with Reverand Warnock and Kelly Loeffler who have advanced to a runoff.

If Perdue goes over 50% he will defeat Jon Ossoff. However, if he fails to get at least 50%, then the 2 of them will also be in a runoff.

Election day for the runoffs is January 5, 2021.

Absentee ballots can be requested starting on November 18.
Deline for registering to vote in the runoff is December 7.
Early voting for the runoff will start on December 14, 2020.

I am sure the Democrats will make a huge effort to get out the vote if Ossoff can get to the runoff along with Reverand Warnock. Go Blue! It's exciting what is happening in Georgia.

- Rainer Maria Rilke
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to BullDog For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2020, 05:47 PM   #1108
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Yes, Perdue has dropped below 50!% I sure hope it holds. I believe a lot of the uncounted vote is in Democrat territory so it's possible. Also, Biden is getting closer to overtaking Trump.

Some states have runoff rules for elections if certain requirements are not met in a race, then it goes to a runoff election. In the Georgia Senate races if no candidate gets 50% plus one vote, then the 2 candidates with the highest number of votes go to a runoff election.

That has already happened with Reverand Warnock and Kelly Loeffler who have advanced to a runoff.

If Perdue goes over 50% he will defeat Jon Ossoff. However, if he fails to get at least 50%, then the 2 of them will also be in a runoff.

Election day for the runoffs is January 5, 2021.

Absentee ballots can be requested starting on November 18.
Deline for registering to vote in the runoff is December 7.
Early voting for the runoff will start on December 14, 2020.

I am sure the Democrats will make a huge effort to get out the vote if Ossoff can get to the runoff along with Reverand Warnock. Go Blue! It's exciting what is happening in Georgia.
Thanks Bulldog for explaining how that run off works!

Me too#

(I might not get much sleep tonight, this election is vitally important)

______ ______
Old 11-05-2020, 10:07 PM   #1109
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,171 Times in 8,628 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

My ballot was receive and accepted on Oct 24, my mama’s birthday.

Ballot Accepted
10/24/2020
Your ballot has been accepted! Your ballot was received by your county elections office and will be counted.

Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2020, 11:22 PM   #1110
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme *blows a kiss off my finger tips **
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

Thanked 16,124 Times in 4,736 Posts
~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation

on CNN they just said FRIDAY @ 5' ish they will have a final vote count for PA ~ I wonder if Pence filed for unemployment yet ?
Old 11-05-2020, 11:40 PM   #1111
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~ocean View Post
on CNN they just said FRIDAY @ 5' ish they will have a final vote count for PA ~ I wonder if Pence filed for unemployment yet ?
I heard an interesting perspective by an CNN anaylst that TP will most likely take a wrecking ball to anything he can wreck before he is forced out of office.

And a Penn state rep from the elections office interviewed on CCN said that they cant give a final count yet until they wade through ballots from members of the service overseas and a few other voting sectors yet.

I got the impression that we are still a few days away from knowing if PENN will be called for Biden.

I think it will be real soon, when we know the final outcome.

______ ______
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 11-06-2020, 12:11 AM   #1112
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme *blows a kiss off my finger tips **
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

Thanked 16,124 Times in 4,736 Posts
~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation
Default ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kätzchen View Post
I heard an interesting perspective by an CNN anaylst that TP will most likely take a wrecking ball to anything he can wreck before he is forced out of office.

And a Penn state rep from the elections office interviewed on CCN said that they cant give a final count yet until they wade through ballots from members of the service overseas and a few other voting sectors yet.

I got the impression that we are still a few days away from knowing if PENN will be called for Biden.

I think it will be real soon, when we know the final outcome.

lol it's been a day of misinformation ~ all speculation ~ I get so sick of the 2016 voter numbers ~ being compared to 2020's ~ 2016 was a rigged election. they should be packing their clothes. I keep getting an image of Donny Dolly Hands ~ dressed in orange prison colors ~ not a good look ! lol he would look like a giant angry sunflower ~
Old 11-06-2020, 04:42 AM   #1113
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

Default Early morning news

Votes for Joe Biden in Georgia have surpassed votes for T---p!

Way to go, voters in Georgia!

Both Georgia and Pennsylvania will most likely go Blue today (per, CNN breaking news).

______ ______

Last edited by Kätzchen; 11-06-2020 at 05:02 AM.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 11-06-2020, 05:21 AM   #1114
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

Smile

Stacey Abrams has done a fantastic, over-the-top job on organizing to help people in Georgia. Maybe there is a place she can serve in the Biden-Harris administration.

I am so excited and happy for people who live in Georgia!

Just a bit longer today before we know the final outcome.

Fantastic work Democratic Voters!!!

______ ______
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 11-06-2020, 04:00 PM   #1115
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 18,367 Times in 4,171 Posts
Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

Whoever said Bernie would have been bad for down ballot Democrats needs to rethink. Biden seems to have been the kiss of death.
Old 11-06-2020, 04:19 PM   #1116
BullDog
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martina View Post
Whoever said Bernie would have been bad for down ballot Democrats needs to rethink. Biden seems to have been the kiss of death.
That's ridiculous. Absolutely ridiculous. The country is obviously center-right at best and you think they want way far left? WTF. I have heard so much ridiculous nonsense from Sanders people. It's unreal. You are so completely out of touch.

The Repugs big weapon is calling Democrats radical socialists - it's ridiculous but it works with some people.

How the hell could you even think this??????

Biden was the best person to win the Presidency. No one else had the combination of strong support with black voters, appeal to some white working-class voters, appeal to seniors, appeal to suburbanites.

He was the one who could win Michigan, Wisconsin, and Pennsylvania.

Unreal. Seriously unreal.

- Rainer Maria Rilke
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BullDog For This Useful Post:
Old 11-06-2020, 05:04 PM   #1117
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

I agree with you Bulldog.

On a different note:

I think the pandemic plays a critical role in discovering flaws that could be overcome.

Here is my round table idea:

Create a separate agency by third party design to handle election matters (processing of votes, etc). Take USPS out of the equation. We have learned this time around that even a goverment organization like USPS leadership was tainted by a partisan political support and backed a dangerous personality.

Not sure if my idea is reasonable, but the idea is to treat election votes with serious attention it deserves and keep it free from partisan politics.

Also, I think legislation should be drafted, signed and passed into law that if an incumbent refuses to concede after being booted from office that there should be serious consequences.

Thats all I got today. Except have faith in our Democracy and that deranged ppl like TP will not ruin our society.

Biden and Harris for the Win.
We the people, said so.

______ ______
Old 11-06-2020, 05:26 PM   #1118
BullDog
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

The Senate can mainly be explained by Red State, Blue State, Incumbent. It's definitely disappointing but we do have the 2 Georgia runoff races, which is very exciting.

I haven't analyzed the House. It definitely sucks that they lost seats. At least we still have the majority. I think the most effective argument used against Democrats is "radical socialist" - which is ridiculous.

I want to know WTF is wrong with so many people voting for Trump. That's the really disturbing thing. And it's also the main reason why so many of them voted for Republican senators.

Democrats have both promising signs and troubling signs but it's not because of Biden. Just insane.

Incumbent Democrat Loss

Tommy Tuberville - Very red state and as far as I know he's not a pedophile. Unfortunately, Doug Jones had no chance.

Democrat Holds

Gary Peters (MI) - Plenty of Republicans but overall a blue state (Governor, etc.), incumbent

Democrat Flipped Seats

Mark Kelly (Arizona) - things are changing in Arizona, 2 Democratic senators and Biden will probably win the state too. People really don't like McSally

John Hickenlooper won (CO) - Blue state, Hickenlooper well-known former Governor, Gardener weak candidate

Republican Holds

Thom Tillis (NC) - Trump is winning the state plus Cunningham's sex scandal

Joni Ernst won (IA) - Trump won the state, incumbent, she rides around on a motorcycle (eye roll)

Steve Daines won (MT) - Red state, Bullock popular but not enough to overcome red - has nothing to do with Biden

Susan Collins won - WTF???? I have no explanation for this one other than she is the incumbent, but what the hell would Biden have to do with it?

- Rainer Maria Rilke
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BullDog For This Useful Post:
Old 11-06-2020, 05:40 PM   #1119
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:
Very good. Thank you for asking.

Thanked 15,259 Times in 4,345 Posts
C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

Katzchen:
"...Also, I think legislation should be drafted, signed and passed into law that if an incumbent refuses to concede after being booted from office that there should be serious consequences."

But before you kick Trump and his larcenous family out of the WH, be sure to count the silverware and everything else of any value.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 11-06-2020, 10:27 PM   #1120
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,378 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I thought it was interesting in reading financial news over the last couple of days that there is a fair amount of thinking a number of Republicans who didn’t like trump but we’re very wary of the tax increases is being proposed by Biden had voted to oust Trump but still voted repub for senate. The last few days market rally some think is being fueled by hopes for a split Congress.

Some thing else I found quite surprising was news sources quoting demographics stats on special interest groups voting more heavily for Trump this year than they did in 2016 (hispanic, black). Apparently twice as many LGBTQ.
Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:

Tags
2020, election